• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Just swipe right nonstop. lol

Terrible plan. You'll either get a fuck ton of matches you don't want and have to spend time blocking, or you will just have a mass amount of useless clutter and people who message you that you don't want to.

Have fun with it and swipe how you would, not just yes. It's a game I think half the fun is saying yes and no, no, no... YES, no fuck no, no, yes, yes haha. It's awesome.

Also like clockwork, around 8-9pm my matches start blowing up. Girls are so predictable to when they go on the app, already over twenty or so for tonight :p

http://imgur.com/a/6lS5h

Ok so I finally got the shots all up.

Bad photos maybe?

Your third photo is a better headshot, you seem happier and can see your eyes. The first one you look kinda out of it and not happy/not smiling. You should make the third one the first picture.

For shits and giggles I havent been editing my matchs to see how many I get in a week, at 156 new ones since friday :D

http://imgur.com/a/6lS5h

Ok so I finally got the shots all up.

Bad photos maybe?

I would avoid selfies

Here is what I would use

Pic 1 - Best pic nice face shot (no selfie)
Pic 2 - Confirmation shot ( another good face pic)
Pic 3 - Full body pic in a social setting
Pic 4 - Pic of you doing an activity..sports, surfing lifting etc
Pic 5 - See pic 3 or 4
Pic 6 - 2nd best pic of you. This will be the last pic that will seal your fate. Make it good

I am one of those "right swipers", and wondering whats happening..

The first day I had around 80 matches, and after that it got progressively lower... And today, one week later, I got only one match?

Since it seems I get shown to new women all the time, why does the amount of new matches get lower and lower?

I didn't change anything on my profile...

I would avoid selfies

Here is what I would use

Pic 1 - Best pic nice face shot (no selfie)
Pic 2 - Confirmation shot ( another good face pic)
Pic 3 - Full body pic in a social setting
Pic 4 - Pic of you doing an activity..sports, surfing lifting etc
Pic 5 - See pic 3 or 4
Pic 6 - 2nd best pic of you. This will be the last pic that will seal your fate. Make it good

Yeah again, I have selfies for my first three, most websites will tell you to use them. As you can tell, using selfies is not hurting me. The first photo should absolutely be a clear photo of your face, not necessarily a whole body shot. Just dont be all mysapce angles with the selfies.

Also my last photo is not the second best pic of me, thats probably my third photo. My last one is more character based around interests, it's quite possibly my worst photo as I'm out of shape in it, but I get a ton of girls who message me first commenting on it.

I'd be using this if it went for the shitty login system they have. I've disabled my Facebook. Make your login system.

Using facebook is what makes this actually work.

potam

Banned
Starting to get more matches and one chick messaged me. Don't know if it is a joke or if I just got the female version of a generic "yo girl wassup" message. Or maybe I'm over thinking it.

potam

Banned
damn, probably have a date lined up for Friday with some relatively hot blonde. OKC feels like shopping at Kmart now.

Manarola

Banned
Yeah again, I have selfies for my first three, most websites will tell you to use them. As you can tell, using selfies is not hurting me. The first photo should absolutely be a clear photo of your face, not necessarily a whole body shot. Just dont be all mysapce angles with the selfies.

Also my last photo is not the second best pic of me, thats probably my third photo. My last one is more character based around interests, it's quite possibly my worst photo as I'm out of shape in it, but I get a ton of girls who message me first commenting on it.

Using facebook is what makes this actually work.

Websites tell you to use selfies because they know a lot of people either want to use them, or don't have a choice. If you're a hottie or a stud, it doesn't matter whether your pics are selfies or not. But as a general rule it's always better to avoid selfies if you can. The best pics are the ones that show you as someone who is outgoing, doing activities, travelling, etc - while also displaying how good looking you are. Totally agree with Host Samurai and Huff

where are you at? think we have a couple matches in common

no. dont take selfies. and try to be somewhere other than a bedroom or bathroom. have at least 3 pictures

pretty easy to get a random person to take a picture of you when your out around town or where ever you are

Websites tell you to use selfies because they know a lot of people either want to use them, or don't have a choice. If you're a hottie or a stud, it doesn't matter whether your pics are selfies or not. But as a general rule it's always better to avoid selfies if you can. The best pics are the ones that show you as someone who is outgoing, doing activities, travelling, etc - while also displaying how good looking you are. Totally agree with Host Samurai and Huff

You guys do know you can take selfies not infront of a mirror. Mine are outside, playing with my cat and hiking at a waterfall.

potam

Banned
This shit is so bizarre, the stuff people put on their profiles. One girl had just "dave matthews and golf", as if some dude was looking at her pictures, was about to nope the fuck out of her, then was like "woah, she loves DMB and golf? I'm in love"

And then the other half are just filled with random emojis and bullshit philosophy

This shit is so bizarre, the stuff people put on their profiles. One girl had just "dave matthews and golf", as if some dude was looking at her pictures, was about to nope the fuck out of her, then was like "woah, she loves DMB and golf? I'm in love"

And then the other half are just filled with random emojis and bullshit philosophy

LOL yeah. Though to be honest if they like LOST they get a swipe right from me if I am on the fence lol.

First pic with sunglasses is super douchy whatever you do, don't do that. That and a child in your pics. It's a hookup app for christsakes no kids.

Awkward selfies are awkward. At the very least get someone else to take the pic. Make it seem like you care enough to present yourself decently on the thing.

This is the main pic I'm using currently:

1620906_10201494152411241_474647701_n.jpg

These aren't really what people mean by selfies. Selfie means you're literally holding the camera

Really, so the most popular selfie ever taken wasn't a selfie because it's not pointed at a mirror? All mine were taken by myself holding the camera front facing. It's a selfie. I said before selfies are good, just don't make them lame or boring, and don't do it in front of a mirror.

First pic with sunglasses is super douchy whatever you do, don't do that. That and a child in your pics. It's a hookup app for christsakes no kids.

Awkward selfies are awkward. At the very least get someone else to take the pic. Make it seem like you care enough to present yourself decently on the thing.

Yeah its really not. Not at all, maybe MAYBE 25% of the people MAYBE. As far as girls go anyway. I mean you can use it that way sure, but it's really not what the app is.

Yeah its really not. Not at all, maybe MAYBE 25% of the people MAYBE. As far as girls go anyway. I mean you can use it that way sure, but it's really not what the app is.

I didn't mean hookup like fuck right away, even relationship wise, the kid doesn't need to be in frame especially if it's not yours.

I didn't mean hookup like fuck right away, even relationship wise, the kid doesn't need to be in frame especially if it's not yours.

I agree with that part 100%.

Though I think if you have a kid you should put it in your first if not second photo. Mainly the girls who have them I end up deleting after matching because I'm just not interested in that lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens a lot, probably filter those people away if you have a kid by putting it upfront.

Also this is my first photo, would you not call this a selfie?

I mean what else is it if I'm holding the camera and taking a photo of myself.

Bladenic

I agree with that part 100%.

Though I think if you have a kid you should put it in your first if not second photo. Mainly the girls who have them I end up deleting after matching because I'm just not interested in that lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens a lot, probably filter those people away if you have a kid by putting it upfront.

I mean what else is it if I'm holding the camera and taking a photo of myself.

If you're hot like you are then you can do whatever the fuck you want in terms of selfies or pics.

If you're hot like you are then you can do whatever the fuck you want in terms of selfies or pics.

lol well thanks. That response leaves me with no real room to argue so I'll just give up on this one.

It's entirely possible to look douchey enough that people will swipe.

Totally, people need to look happy.

Let's face the facts here. You're either hot or not and that's all there is to it.

I think thats that other app. Hot or Not lol.

Funny how this thread should pop. Just started using it today on my last day on campus and I already got about 9 matches all pretty decent. Only 2 of them responded, 1 I kinda flubbed up on, but I've been doing some real work on the other one.

Mr.Mike

It would be nice if you could filter out people across international borders. Or maybe Canada and the US ought to realize everything would be fine if we just opened up the border. (This would make me live in a suburb of Detroit all of a sudden, but hey, coney dogs and MSU girls)

Manarola

Banned
Really, so the most popular selfie ever taken wasn't a selfie because it's not pointed at a mirror? All mine were taken by myself holding the camera front facing. It's a selfie. I said before selfies are good, just don't make them lame or boring, and don't do it in front of a mirror.

Oh, for some reason I thought you were putting a camera on timer and taking pictures of yourself that way because you said "hiking at a waterfall", but I guess that's not necessarily true. Anyways, I don't know what point you're trying to make. If you have to take selfies, then take them. But it's better to have pics taken by others to show you are outgoing.

And yeah, with your looks it doesn't mean diddly squat either way. Others will have to be more conscious of what kind of photos they're posting.

Jzero

This app is even more shallow than OKCupid so if you're an ugly dude i suggest you use something else. I don't consider myself ugly and i've only had one mutual match with a pretty cute girl. I swipe left too much.

That is indeed a selfie.

Top Bottom