• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Bleepey

OK this is weird, I have a girl on POF message me. Thing is I am 99% certain that we went out on a date a few months ago on tinder. What do you suggest I do. Pretend I don't know her or just say "hey chick, do you not know remember who I am!?!"

OK this is weird, I have a girl on POF message me. Thing is I am 99% certain that we went out on a date a few months ago on tinder. What do you suggest I do. Pretend I don't know her or just say "hey chick, do you not know remember who I am!?!"

You have a unique opportunity here.

Did the first date go well or poorly?

Bleepey

You have a unique opportunity here.

Did the first date go well or poorly?

It was OK. But she weren't DTF and she weren't too bothered about meeting again. This is like the fourth or 5th time this has happened and I slept with one of these girls I reconnected with from other sites.

It was OK. But she weren't DTF and she weren't too bothered about meeting again. This is like the fourth or 5th time this has happened and I slept with one of these girls I reconnected with from other sites.

Think about everything that happened on that date then do the opposite of what she didn't like.

It doesn't hurt to try it, and if it works you'll get sexy time then.

Bleepey

Think about everything that happened on that date then do the opposite of what she didn't like.

It doesn't hurt to try it, and if it works you'll get sexy time then.

I don't think sexy time will happen. Especially since I deleted her texts, never saved her number to my phone and for the life of me can't remember her name since she told me she was not interested.

Ultimadrago

Now that the semester is done and I'm leaving my college city, it's time for me to say goodbye to my recently acquired FB. Sad times...

When I return home I shall Tinder harder!

Izayoi

Banned
You guys have a lot of self confidence showing in your photos, which is why it works for you. Wouldn't work for someone like me. =[
Fake it until you make it, bro.

I know it's been said a thousand times, but really, it's true!

There are tutorial videos in this very thread on how to do it, even.

So I have a match an she's not a model but she has a pretty face and some curves.

Thing is she won't stop talking about how the Midwest is better than NY. Seriously killing my thirst :/

turtle553

Protip: You can use the persons name, age, city, and other profile info in a Facebook search to try and get better pics if all they use is head shots. This has saved me a few times when someone with some clever pics hides the fact they are built like a linebacker.

.GqueB.

Banned
I don't think sexy time will happen. Especially since I deleted her texts, never saved her number to my phone and for the life of me can't remember her name since she told me she was not interested.
You're giving up a great opportunity to have a lot of fun here.

KingK

I downloaded the app on Saturday and have swiped through everyone to the point where it says there are no more people in my area lol. I've only just now gotten my first match, but she looks pretty cute and she actually messaged me back haha. She does go to my college so we'll see where this goes.

Henry's got dudes thirsty for somethin' different.

no lie dude you're pretty good looking

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Although you wear that tie far too long.

Good lord, you're one incredibly handsome dude.
I'm not even vaguely gay.

I love you GAF.

Also yes, my tie is way too long, I know. I never wear ties and had no idea what I was doing LOL.

As a dude who was not happy at all with his looks not very long ago, this is awesome for me. Thanks

Haven't been getting any matches recently. I don't know if I'm being too picky or my pictures suck or what, but I figured I'd get at least one pity match at some point. Oh well.

Ichabod

Banned
Damnit, I just realized I hadn't set my current city on my dummy-facebook account. Did I screw myself or does the app's locator let others know my current city regardless?

How did I not know about this thread?

Anyway about a month or two ago a few of my buddies talked me into trying Tinder due to how many chicks they hooked up with. I'm not like that at all, am extremely picky, & find dating things like this weird & kind of lazy.

Used it for a day or two, swiped right on 10 girls tops got matched with 2 (one who I had somewhat known prior). Didn't even message her right away since she's like 30+ miles away but eventually did, talked for a bit, and finally met up.

She's amazing, have a ton in common and was just as weirded out about Tinder as I was. We've been talking 2 months now, dating just shy of a month & it couldn't be going any smoother.

Probably seems a bit lame and I'm sorry this post isn't about slaying tons of pussy if that's what you wanted, but I'm pretty happy right now and it's because of fucking Tinder...Yes Tinder.

Screenshot_2014-05-12-23-38-24.png

PlayDat

Anyway about a month ago a few of my buddies talked me into trying Tinder due to how many chicks they hooked up with. I'm not like that at all, am extremely picky, & find dating things like this weird & kind of lazy.

Used it for a day or two, swiped right on 10 girls tops got matched with 2 (one who I had somewhat known prior). Didn't even message her right away since she's like 30+ miles away but eventually did, talked for a bit, and finally met up.

She's amazing, have a ton in common and was just as weirded out about Tinder as I was. Weve been talking 2 months now, dating just shy of a month & it couldn't be going any smoother.

Probably seems a bit lame and I'm sorry this post isn't about slaying tons of pussy if that's what you wanted, but I'm pretty happy right now and it's because of fucking Tinder...Yes Tinder.

Nothing lame about it dude! Really awesome to hear even as a stranger on the internet.

Anyway about a month or two ago a few of my buddies talked me into trying Tinder due to how many chicks they hooked up with. I'm not like that at all, am extremely picky, & find dating things like this weird & kind of lazy.

She's amazing, have a ton in common and was just as weirded out about Tinder as I was. We've been talking 2 months now, dating just shy of a month & it couldn't be going any smoother.

Screenshot_2014-05-12-23-38-24.png

Super cute dude. Good for you.

I don't use it as a hookup app, nor are many people talking about slaying people lol. I do casually like god ate it's fun, and too be fair I was in a 4 year relationship before this living together. So I just don't want to jump into another relationship, I'm just enjoying new people and dating. I know that the app in NY people look at it more for casual hookups than dating though, so that stigma still exists somewhat. Most people don't just look for that, it's best to not have any expectations in my opinion.

Though I don't mind when they say my favorite 6 words "I don't normally do this but.." lol

Damnit, I just realized I hadn't set my current city on my dummy-facebook account. Did I screw myself or does the app's locator let others know my current city regardless?

Current location. For LOLs I did it whole on a place going from LA to Philly. It was hilarious getting matched up in random places.

Now that the semester is done and I'm leaving my college city, it's time for me to say goodbye to my recently acquired FB. Sad times...

When I return home I shall Tinder harder!

Not sure I understand this. Why do you have to delete your Facebook?

Super cute dude. Good for you.

I don't use it as a hookup app, nor are many people talking about slaying people lol.

Nah I was referring mostly to my friends. They are all mid 20's sex hounds. A few of them will swipe right on every picture. The more I catch up on the thread the more uplifting stories I read :) Glad I'm not the only one.

It's always nice to hear success and I hope to have that with my date tomorrow night.

Good luck! Be honest, say what you feel, it goes a long way and has always worked for me but meeting people like this is definitely new & odd. She'll more than likely feel the same way and it'll lighten the mood.

potam

Banned
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Got it, haha. I must have read it multiple times trying to fucking figure out haha.

I just blew my own mind. I was writing out some different response, and then I realized kids today probably don't even associate facebook with college anymore. This has nothing to do with tinder.

I just blew my own mind. I was writing out some different response, and then I realized kids today probably don't even associate facebook with college anymore. This has nothing to do with tinder.

Damn. I remember in Oct 2005 when my college got added. I was so pumped haha.

vdlow

I envy you guys and your tons of matches. lol I've been using Tinder for almost 9 months I think, had about 20 matches, 3 answered (2 randomly stopped to answer the day after and the other I wish she had done the same). I'm not handsome but I'm not too selective too I think.

Maybe there are differences in the "Tinder culture" too, I'm from Brazil and think that people still aren't used with the app.

Anyone living in the burbs but getting a bunch of people in the city? Kinda annoying, I don't want to, or make someone else have to travel an hour (20 miles) for a date.

Bleepey

You're giving up a great opportunity to have a lot of fun here.

I have been doing a bit of that. I guessed she studied business and although French has an Amerianish sounding accent and she has been in London for x amount of months. But I can't remember her name.

I have been doing a bit of that. I guessed she studied business and although French has an Amerianish sounding accent and she has been in London for x amount of months. But I can't remember her name.

So go out on a date and see how far you can go without having to say her name and get her to reveal it to you.

Always curious how this works for people in smaller areas. I live in an area where the pool just seems limitless. I could likely swipe right forever.

It's not that small. It's an area with half a million people or more, from a rough Wikipedia estimate

y2dvd

Good luck! Be honest, say what you feel, it goes a long way and has always worked for me but meeting people like this is definitely new & odd. She'll more than likely feel the same way and it'll lighten the mood.

Nevermind, date is postponed. She picked up allergies this morning. She could be flaking but the weather did drop significantly colder over night so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm guessing more people are on Tinder than OKC. It doesn't take much swipes before running out of locals on OKC. I feel like I could keep going with Tinder so I just limit my swipes a day lol.

KingK

Always curious how this works for people in smaller areas. I live in an area where the pool just seems limitless. I could likely swipe right forever.

Yeah, I swiped through everyone available in like 45 minutes or less. I'm in a pretty small town, but it's also where the biggest college in my state is, so I figured there'd be more...

I "liked" probably 90% of them and still only got one match lol. I was messaging her though, and she is cute. I gave her my number last night and she texted me this morning, so that's a good sign, right? Unfortunately she's already left town for the summer now that the semester is over.

Izayoi

Banned
Now I've got "dates" lined up on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... Mission accomplished. :>

I also have someone who's in an open relationship visiting me next week... That should be fun.

This app is the greatest.

P.S.: If you run out of swipes, delete your Tinder account (assuming you are not interested in any girls that you matched, or don't have their numbers yet), create a new dummy Facebook account, choose a different couple of pictures, and do it all over again.

I do this every month or so.

Now I've got "dates" lined up on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... Mission accomplished. :>

I also have someone who's in an open relationship visiting me next week... That should be fun.

This app is the greatest.

P.S.: If you run out of swipes, delete your Tinder account (assuming you are not interested in any girls that you matched, or don't have their numbers yet), create a new dummy Facebook account, choose a different couple of pictures, and do it all over again.

I do this every month or so.

LOL. That's intense commitment.

Top Bottom