• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

potam

Banned
that feel when a girl you started talking to tells you about her workout shorts riding up her ass, but you don't know her well enough to make a creeper-territory comment

1396705348755.jpg

Necrovex

Now I've got "dates" lined up on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... Mission accomplished. :>

I also have someone who's in an open relationship visiting me next week... That should be fun.

This app is the greatest.

P.S.: If you run out of swipes, delete your Tinder account (assuming you are not interested in any girls that you matched, or don't have their numbers yet), create a new dummy Facebook account, choose a different couple of pictures, and do it all over again.

I do this every month or so.

You don't even have to create a dummy account. I deleted my Tinder account before, and it gave me everyone again.

potam

Banned
One date and I'm in a "serious relationship drama" situation.

Hahaha, holy shit. It was fun, at least.

Wait, like she's already in a serious relationship, or there's drama that you would expect from a serious relationship?

Either way, you should definitely ride it out.

So, I was talking with my coworker about the app today and he told me he's been on a huge tear with chicks lately. I asked him what his strategy was and when he told me I was kinda shocked. He only has the app set from 19-22. Dude is 32. As a joke I put it down from my normal 21-29 and within an hour I got about 6 matches with random 19-20 year olds. Not sure if I should continue down this path though. I'm 28 for reference.

potam

Banned
So, I was talking with my coworker about the app today and he told me he's been on a huge tear with chicks lately. I asked him what his strategy was and when he told me I was kinda shocked. He only has the app set from 19-22. Dude is 32. As a joke I put it down from my normal 21-29 and within an hour I got about 6 matches with random 19-20 year olds. Not sure if I should continue down this path though. I'm 28 for reference.

Well, your coworker is kind of creepy. I mean that almost feels like preying on younger girls who want to hang out with older, "mature" guys.

My general rule is that if it's illegal to buy the girl a drink, then it ain't for me.

AlexBasch

Wait, like she's already in a serious relationship, or there's drama that you would expect from a serious relationship?

Either way, you should definitely ride it out.
The second. And I already did, Facebook block and all. Thank fuck I never gave her my Whatsapp number, lol.

Minion101

Banned
Well, your coworker is kind of creepy. I mean that almost feels like preying on younger girls who want to hang out with older, "mature" guys.

My general rule is that if it's illegal to buy the girl a drink, then it ain't for me.

Maybe he's a perv but they are legal so meh.

Solo

Had my best night yet tonight. Got 3 dates with 3 attractive ladies, all to happen in the next 10 days. God bless Tinder.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well don't know why my pics aren't working on Tinder. On Okcupid, the girls that have responded me to have repeatedly mention how cute my smile is. Damn you tinder!.

Nevermind, date is postponed. She picked up allergies this morning. She could be flaking but the weather did drop significantly colder over night so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It's okay man. It happens. I had a Tinder date flake on me too. You have to realize if they're not interested and willing to meet up then it's not your fault or your loss. You'll get matched up with someone else in no time.

Awesome to see lots of people having good luck in here right now!

Also 19-22 is gross. lol, and totally proves why girls I know 23+ don't have their age set too high. Most guys above 30+ use it just for hookups and are gross.

I'm 26 and I have mine set to 23-28 haha. I can't deal with older or younger than that.

potam

Banned
Awesome to see lots of people having good luck in here right now!

Also 19-22 is gross. lol, and totally proves why girls I know 23+ don't have their age set too high. Most guys above 30+ use it just for hookups and are gross.

I'm 26 and I have mine set to 23-28 haha. I can't deal with older or younger than that.

I've got 21-30, but really I focus on 23/24-27. I just left the margin a little wide in case some girl decides to message me.

Someone set it to 36-50 and tell me what luck they have with MILFs. I need to know before I sign up.

For shits and giggles I did this once. I just found it weird and creepy having the older women match up and message me. I didn't really want any part of it so I eventually stopped responding and deleted them lol. There's just too many young good-looking girls my age, I don't need any of those older ladies haha.

I've got 21-30, but really I focus on 23/24-27. I just left the margin a little wide in case some girl decides to message me.

I had 21-27 for a bit. Never met up with any 22/21 year olds until this one girl who was just incredible looking. The only problem was she was so vapid and devoid of any common sense, maturity or intelligence it made her seem gross and not attractive. I bailed and went back out with another girl before the night got too late. After than no one under 23. Too bad, she was really fuckin hot too haha. It definitely hurt her that I went out with a 27 year old doctor the night before, made her seem dumb and really too young in comparison.

For shits and giggles I did this once. I just found it weird and creepy having the older women match up and message me. I didn't really want any part of it so I eventually stopped responding and deleted them lol. There's just too many young good-looking girls my age, I don't need any of those older ladies haha.

If they were funny and good looking, I don't see how it could be creepy. They would have rocked your world.

If they were funny and good looking, I don't see how it could be creepy. They would have rocked your world.

Not sure, just not my thing. Find it kinda gross, I should look like a child to them, 18-21 year olds look that way to me and I don't even have 10 years on them. Same way I find dudes in their thirties going for 19-22 year olds lol. Beside, I have no problem finding quality women around my age.

Arksy

What's some good ice-breakers that people have been using.

I say this because I've tried "Hey, how's it going?" a few times and basically the only conversations I've been striking up have been ones the girls have been striking up.

fuzzyset

I was fairly productive while I was home, but I just moved to Asia and it's next level Tinder here for a white guy like me. Holy shit.

edit:

What's some good ice-breakers that people have been using.

I say this because I've tried "Hey, how's it going?" a few times and basically the only conversations I've been striking up have been ones the girls have been striking up.

That's basically what I use. Idk, if that doesn't work, move on and maybe send another message in a day or so if you're REALLY interested. They're already 'attracted' to you so don't try too hard. My female friend tells me about the messages she gets on Tinder. Most of the 'creative' ones are just stupid. Girls get a lot of messages so it's hard to keep track of tons of convos IMO, so don't take it personally. My 2cents.

fuzzyset

Kind of want to try this, kind of don't.

In my experience, it's not a creepy fuck fest. IMO, it's just an easier version of OKCupid/online dating in general. Let's be honest, 90% of reason a girl messages you is because they're attracted to you in some way. Tinder just gets that out of the way from the get go. I use it as an easy way to meet someone, get some drinks, talk, and maybe have some fun (that night or down the road).

Tanned-

Banned
In my experience, it's not a creepy fuck fest. IMO, it's just an easier version of OKCupid/online dating in general. Let's be honest, 90% of reason a girl messages you is because they're attracted to you in some way. Tinder just gets that out of the way from the get go. I use it as an easy way to meet someone, get some drinks, talk, and maybe have some fun (that night or down the road).

Not sure, just not my thing. Find it kinda gross, I should look like a child to them, 18-21 year olds look that way to me and I don't even have 10 years on them. Same way I find dudes in their thirties going for 19-22 year olds lol. Beside, I have no problem finding quality women around my age.

Not if you look like a man...

fuzzyset

*ridiculous convo*

Well yeah, you can troll Tinder. Like I said, in MY experience, you can do a pretty decent job at filtering people. I've been in Hong Kong for <1 week and met some cool people already. Had a pretty awesome convo (and several drinks) about the merits of Catelyn Stark on Monday. Like most things, it's what you make of it. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Not if you look like a man...

lol okay. I guess you don't do reading comprehension very well. In relation to their respective age someone young her should look like a child. I am aware that a 18-22 year old is not a child, nor do they look like children. To me it feels that way, due to the difference in age. Therefor the same goes for someone who is older. A woman pushing a decade older than I should see me as pretty damn young, even if I don't look like it.

Unless you're trying to say that at 26 I should want to look older than I do, and well I don't want that. In fact I'm pretty happy with how I look, my Tinder game is about as good as it can get.

lol okay. I guess you don't do reading comprehension very well. In relation to their respective age someone young her should look like a child. I am aware that a 18-22 year old is not a child, nor do they look like children. To me it feels that way, due to the difference in age. Therefor the same goes for someone who is older. A woman pushing a decade older than I should see me as pretty damn young, even if I don't look like it.

Unless you're trying to say that at 26 I should want to look older than I do, and well I don't want that. In fact I'm pretty happy with how I look, my Tinder game is about as good as it can get.

It was a joke that you may have taken to heart.

cUL6sDi.jpgi

If only women talked to me like that.

Bumhead

Banned
Is it socially acceptable to use an obvious selfie as your profile pic for this?

A few friends are using this and having fun with it, so curiosity has got the better of me. But I don't think there's a photo of me in existence where I'm not pulling a stupid face. Could do with at least 1 half decent pic even if it requires taking one myself.

Oxx

My main pic encompasses most of the main sins of Tinder (mirror selfie, not smiling, wearing hat), but it's also by far the best pic of me in existence.

I'm using this crappy selfie pic as a main one
Q5qxlhA.jpg

Didn't had much luck with Tinder, so today i deleted acc and activated again and started to swipe right on everyone(300-350 ppl). 5 hours passed and i got 10 matches for now.

Matugi

Had a girl message me first because she is "forward" and asked me about my day and shit. Then she doesn't respond. tfw

y2dvd

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It's okay man. It happens. I had a Tinder date flake on me too. You have to realize if they're not interested and willing to meet up then it's not your fault or your loss. You'll get matched up with someone else in no time.

I'm not stressing. We are on for tonight. If she flakes again of course, then I'm cutting ties. I have another date lined up for Sunday with someone on OKC so yeah I'm not tied to anything.

Izayoi

Banned
Morals are for the weak.

Older women are hot.

Age is arbitrary.

Anyone getting caught up on age is a fool, and likely missing out on good times. Just sayin'.

Halcyon

Morals are for the weak.

Older women are hot.

Age is arbitrary.

Anyone getting caught up on age is a fool, and likely missing out on good times. Just sayin'.

Banging older women is fun, but if you're 26 and trying to have a relationship with a 37 year old woman it probably won't work out. Reason: She's going to want kids within the next 2-3 years.

Izayoi

Banned
Banging older women is fun, but if you're 26 and trying to have a relationship with a 37 year old woman it probably won't work out. Reason: She's going to want kids within the next 2-3 years.
Who said anything about a relationship?

I use Tinder exclusively for fooling around.

If she already has kids it's all gravy... Unless they're your age.

Izayoi

Banned
Quick question: how long does it usually takes for you to invite a match to a date?
No more than 24 hours after first messaging them.

Some chicks are super horny, a girl asked me to fuck RIGHT THEN yesterday... I will post a screenshot once my phone is charged.

Basically, the sooner you implant the idea, the better. Try to quickly find something in common and talk about it for a while, then suggest maybe doing it together. If she's interested, the rest will take care of itself.

Morals are for the weak.

Older women are hot.

Age is arbitrary.

Has nothing to do with morals. Can't someone just find older women gross and unattractive? It's just weird for me lol. Why would I want someone out of their prime when the girls my age are fit as hell and have no signs of aging?

Who said anything about a relationship?

I use Tinder exclusively for fooling around.

lol thats the point. Most people using tinder isn't just for hookups lol. It's not the straight grinder, though some people believe it is. It can be used that way if you want though. Depending on where you are some places it's more of a hookup than dating app.

Lots of us like myself use it for dating. Hooking up goes hand in hand with that. More like no expectations, not looking for a LTR or one night hookup. Just seeing what happens and having fun.

Top Bottom