• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Decado

Yup, 34 here. Pretty much no match with anyone younger than me (I am swiping conciously though, as opposed to 99% of this thread) and no one I would be actually interested in heh.
You'll get bombarded with 25-28yo though and it seems girls over 30 are unable to select nice photos for whatever reason. It's either full-on TNA (without the face) or the typical rouged-up, looking up, meticulously cropped facebook crap pic.

I guess it might just be me though, so take it with a grain of salt.

The transition periods between 34 to 36 is tough for online dating since a lot of girls seem to make the age limit 34 or 35. I don't look forward to turning 36 and still having to rely on online/social dating sites. Doesn't matter if you look young when your age is displayed in a profile.

I generally prefer dating 5 - 8 years younger than myself.

Just wanted to share. Something i find is interesting is how most women react amazingly if you talk about tinder. I straight up tell them i have gone on tons of dates with lots of girls ect. Maybe it's because I go for the competitive independent type but they open up more and become really relaxed about everything. Sometimes it makes the, feel mire challenged. Also sometimes if the girl is really good looking i find a way to bring up my competition ole dancer, it makes competitive and hot girls less lazy and feel challenged lol. I also never comment on their looks in tinder.

The Hermit

Jesus Christ

I date for about an year and, and while I do have some second thoughts sometimes, I am quite happy with her.

Today I decided to try Tinder just for fun, and in 5 freaking minutes I already got a match. I selected like 10 girls , and had just 2 pictures, none of them that good...

Fuck my GF is calling me right now!

I am deleting this thing, good luck to all single people who can use this freely, its quite impressive!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The transition periods between 34 to 36 is tough for online dating since a lot of girls seem to make the age limit 34 or 35. I don't look forward to turning 36 and still having to rely on online/social dating sites. Doesn't matter if you look young when your age is displayed in a profile.

I generally prefer dating 5 - 8 years younger than myself.

Yeah that's what I figured, too. That's why I'm taking the chance of going to clubs, parties, festivals and concerts whenever I can this year. Online dating is (kinda) great for young peeps and older ones, but pretty tiring if you're in between.

so update for me. I matched with an indian looking girl, not bad but something aint right. I made a few jokes, some small talk and I said "talk later?" Instantly gives me her number and says ha maybe you can stop by after work tonight? But then I text her later tonight and we are planning on hanging tomorrow but we will hang out PG (rating) THEN she says kissing is fine and talking about her boobs. THEN, she says tomorrow when I come over their will be a guy over and if I'm cool with it.

I'm going over because yolo, will report tomorrow or the day after, or never. Wish me luck

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
so update for me. I matched with an indian looking girl, not bad but something aint right. I made a few jokes, some small talk and I said "talk later?" Instantly gives me her number and says ha maybe you can stop by after work tonight? But then I text her later tonight and we are planning on hanging tomorrow but we will hang out PG (rating) THEN she says kissing is fine and talking about her boobs. THEN, she says tomorrow when I come over their will be a guy over and if I'm cool with it.

I'm going over because yolo, will report tomorrow or the day after, or never. Wish me luck

This will end up being yet another threesome thread, won't it.

Have fun!

GusBus

Just wanted to share. Something i find is interesting is how most women react amazingly if you talk about tinder. I straight up tell them i have gone on tons of dates with lots of girls ect. Maybe it's because I go for the competitive independent type but they open up more and become really relaxed about everything. Sometimes it makes the, feel mire challenged. Also sometimes if the girl is really good looking i find a way to bring up my competition ole dancer, it makes competitive and hot girls less lazy and feel challenged lol. I also never comment on their looks in tinder.

This. I'm talking to this girl right now, telling her to rate the cheesy pickup lines I use on tinder. It's working smashingly.

potam

Banned
Had a pretty interesting weekend (slightly off topic, kind of about Tinder):

Friday morning I went to court to get my divorce finalized. It was obviously a little difficult, but I'm past it now and it went about as smoothly as you could ask for. Had a date planned with a girl from Tinder for that night, and I was worried that the whole divorce thing would put me in a bad mood. So anyways, this chick comes over at around 5ish on Friday, really hot and actually really cool (she actually writes music and sings, and is pretty fucking good too).

She ended up staying at my house until about 9 PM Saturday. I had a ticket to a little one-day music festival which started at 3ish. She went home and I ran to the park and made it just in time to see Girl Talk (and Freeway and Waka Flocka made appearances). Afterwards, I picked her up and we went back to my house. I actually just dropped her off on my way to work.

We basically had a 48 hour first date with a ~3 hour intermission. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. This is the first girl that I've met off Tinder/OKC that I've actually been blown away by.

/blog

Solo

I was out of town this weekend and I got matched with an absolute smoke show. I was only away for one night though, so I didn't bother to try to pursue her. Funny enough, I'm at a bar having a drink and who is standing right beside me at the bar but her. Didn't bang her or anything, and I've since left, but I thought that was a crazy piece of luck and she was gorgeous and fun and we've been talking since.

Had a pretty interesting weekend (slightly off topic, kind of about Tinder):

Friday morning I went to court to get my divorce finalized. It was obviously a little difficult, but I'm past it now and it went about as smoothly as you could ask for. Had a date planned with a girl from Tinder for that night, and I was worried that the whole divorce thing would put me in a bad mood. So anyways, this chick comes over at around 5ish on Friday, really hot and actually really cool (she actually writes music and sings, and is pretty fucking good too).

She ended up staying at my house until about 9 PM Saturday. I had a ticket to a little one-day music festival which started at 3ish. She went home and I ran to the park and made it just in time to see Girl Talk (and Freeway and Waka Flocka made appearances). Afterwards, I picked her up and we went back to my house. I actually just dropped her off on my way to work.

We basically had a 48 hour first date with a ~3 hour intermission. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. This is the first girl that I've met off Tinder/OKC that I've actually been blown away by.

/blog

I was out of town this weekend and I got matched with an absolute smoke show. I was only away for one night though, so I didn't bother to try to pursue her. Funny enough, I'm at a bar having a drink and who is standing right beside me at the bar but her. Didn't bang her or anything, and I've since left, but I thought that was a crazy piece of luck and she was gorgeous and fun and we've been talking since.

Wow way to go tinder GAF. Goodshit.

update from me going over the girls dorm room. Here's what happened.

Around 9 I leave for her campus which is about 35 minutes away. I finally get there and am totally lost. She gave me crap directions and I parked , called her and said she was about 8 minutes away. I say screw it and walk. I call again and she says take a left, I do and get way more lost. Then my phone is literally minutes away from dying I call her and say "Help me". She then gives me the correct street and I tell her to wait outside.

I have never seen such a rich campus in my life. I did not know it even existed and was just 35 minutes away. So I finally find her standing there with her guy friend. We talk , take the elevator and head up. When we get in the guy leaves, and we IMMEDIATELY lay down a bed in the living room and watch Scrubs (never seen it but was good) So an episode later we start to hardcore makeout

Later they wanted to go to bed so went to her room and continued to make out and dry hump like we were in middle school. It got pretty hardcore and the problem was I did not have condoms so we just did everything but. She wanted me to sleep over but I wanted to go home for the night. I was also paranoid the parking spot I chose was a bad one. It wasnt and I just got home.

Long story short I signed up for Tinder on Friday and Sunday Night I'm dry humping a 21 year old in her dorm room (rich ass campus too) I'm 26 btw

Hope I don't sound braggy/douchey but whatever... I slept with around 11 or 12 girls since I got this app 3 months ago. It's so mindblowingly easy it's not even funny, I mean these girls are fucking thirsty!

main pic
8pe62b6.png

convo ex
http://i.imgur.com/deT1Y5w.png?2
http://i.imgur.com/a9SzRFJ.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/W03VgOp.png?1

1) Oh, lol

Yeah the girls definitely don't respond to me the same way as BabySlayer. Slayer pulls off the scary face because he looks good looking enough that the girls have a mix of fear and attraction.

My conversations tend to look like this if I do what Slayer does.

http://imgur.com/3qABKs5

2) Lololol

Ultimadrago

update from me going over the girls dorm room. Here's what happened.

Around 9 I leave for her campus which is about 35 minutes away. I finally get there and am totally lost. She gave me crap directions and I parked , called her and said she was about 8 minutes away. I say screw it and walk. I call again and she says take a left, I do and get way more lost. Then my phone is literally minutes away from dying I call her and say "Help me". She then gives me the correct street and I tell her to wait outside.

I have never seen such a rich campus in my life. I did not know it even existed and was just 35 minutes away. So I finally find her standing there with her guy friend. We talk , take the elevator and head up. When we get in the guy leaves, and we IMMEDIATELY lay down a bed in the living room and watch Scrubs (never seen it but was good) So an episode later we start to hardcore makeout

Later they wanted to go to bed so went to her room and continued to make out and dry hump like we were in middle school. It got pretty hardcore and the problem was I did not have condoms so we just did everything but. She wanted me to sleep over but I wanted to go home for the night. I was also paranoid the parking spot I chose was a bad one. It wasnt and I just got home.

Long story short I signed up for Tinder on Friday and Sunday Night I'm dry humping a 21 year old in her dorm room (rich ass campus too) I'm 26 btw

Nice, man!

Also, this is why I always have a condom or two on my person. Never know when duty calls.

Spent all of saturday with a chick I got matched with. So far she's pretty great. I took her to see se7en at a cemetery and we ended up going to some warehouse party after. After dancing to some 90's r&b the entire night she ended up scoring her and I free coke and a bunch of pot. Funny enough shes super into comic books and tabletop games. Both of which I've completely stopped being interested in for a few years now despite being all about them in high school. Probably the only issue is she lives more than an hour away from me and traffic in Los Angeles is fucking horrible.

Her thigh tattoo is pretty rad though I gotta say.

Spent all of saturday with a chick I got matched with. So far she's pretty great. I took her to see se7en at a cemetery and we ended up going to some warehouse party after. After dancing to some 90's r&b the entire night she ended up scoring her and I free coke and a bunch of pot. Funny enough shes super into comic books and tabletop games. Both of which I've completely stopped being interested in for a few years now despite being all about them in high school. Probably the only issue is she lives more than an hour away from me and traffic in Los Angeles is fucking horrible.

Her thigh tattoo is pretty rad though I gotta say.

Very nice!

Tat looks sick and she's a hot girl. You done real good.

Matugi

Does anyone else find that they get matched with someone and don't ever remember swiping right? I swear my Tinder feels like it's on a week delay or something lol.

In other news, here's my new first pic, changed as you guys suggested. I've gotten 3 matches since changing it, but like I said it's people I don't ever remember swiping right (granted I swipe right on everything lol)

Izayoi

Banned
You guys are on Tinder and you don't have condoms in your car and wallet at all times? WTF???

How does tinder deal with age? Age is slowly becoming a bit of an issue for me with online stuff. I actually have to go some effort to set this up (no facebook), so I want to make sure it is worthwhile.
If you're just looking for hookups, you could always lie...

Met the girl on Thursday and ended up blowing off my Friday and Saturday dates lol, my dick was way too raw for me to even consider it.

I actually just got this app like two days ago and went on a date with a guy from it last night. Australian guy who moved here about a month ago. It actually went really well o___o
and he's a good kisser

Izayoi

Banned
So, going to run a little experiment. I've been averaging about ten to fifteen matches a day over any given week for the past month or so (on a fresh account). I just bought a motorcycle, and I'm going to delete my Tinder account and remake it, featuring pictures of me with the bike. I'm curious to see what kind of impact it will have on my match rate.

So, going to run a little experiment. I've been averaging about ten to fifteen matches a day over any given week for the past month or so (on a fresh account). I just bought a motorcycle, and I'm going to delete my Tinder account and remake it, featuring pictures of me with the bike. I'm curious to see what kind of impact it will have on my match rate.

Two of my pictures are me on my bike. Probably half of my matches are "Hey nice bike can you take me for a ride?"

Good luck bruh.

Slayer and I should hit up the bars in LA, would be an unstoppable team.

Haha you be the nice guy and i'll be aggressive. I want to hit up ComicCon or some nerdy event where girls do cosplay and shit... I bet they are horny too. Dem low self-esteem girls who are actually pretty hot...hnnngggggg

Izayoi

Banned
Cons are full of horny girls.

Shooting fish in a barrel... There's not exactly a whole lot of competition......

I don't know about ComicCon, but at some of my local cons (anime ones especially) there are plenty of good looking girls and only a handful of socially competent and/or good looking dudes.

Cons are full of horny girls.

Shooting fish in a barrel... There's not exactly a whole lot of competition......

I don't know about ComicCon, but at some of my local cons (anime ones especially) there are plenty of good looking girls and only a handful of socially competent and/or good looking dudes.

Yes...This is what I want. Where do you live?

Do it! When I was on POF I had a picture of me standing next to my mates GSX-R 600, with his jacket on and holding his helmet. That picture got the most comments or mentions in conversations. When asked about it I just say I crashed it and haven't got back to riding. The point was it was something to get the girls initial interest, which online can be the biggest hurdle...since you have a bike though and can actually take them riding, it will get you a lot more interest. What can I say man, chicks dig bikes. Can't say I blame them. bikes are sexy as fuck. Also man if you can get your hands on a full leather race suit, wear that, hold helmet under arm and stand next to the bike.

Well I am getting a smartphone finally, just to get on this really. I am sick of the free dating sites (only use AdultMatchMaker now) and Tinder seems like a straight up way of doing things.

To the guy that asked above regarding age, I am going to be making a new facebook profile for this with my age as 28 (im 34). It just opens you up to a better age range. A 21 year old will be more keen for a 28 year old guy than 34. I don't feel old by any means and know it isn't old at all but to a girl in her early 20's, anything over 30 is OLD! This of course depends on what you are looking for. If you looking for something long term, this probably isn't a good idea.

Congrats to everyone having success too. That comic chick is smokin...The guy with the outdoor shot above, you look pretty jacked man, should have no dramas

Solo

Going out with the most gorgeous girl I've been matched with yet on Saturday. Pretty pumped! She's a nurse too and seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

skybald

Met my first Tinder chick today.

We were matched maybe two weeks ago. Started talking and it was going real well. Very similar interests in music and lifestyle (members of our respective areas' punk music scenes). Our senses of humor melded as well. The problem was she lives 50 miles away in a big city and I live in a more suburban area to the north.

Luckily, bus service from my area is quick and cheap to the city so I hopped on last night and we went to a heavy metal show at a bar. Had some drinks, talked a lot and laughed, watched the bands. All was good. Except for the fact she never really looked me in the eye.

She was obviously tired by about midnight. We were riding back to the hotel i was going to stay at. She pulled up and I asked if she wanted to come up and smoke. She agreed but I could see how tired she was. That, coupled with the fact that I was having trouble reading her body language, I suggested she should just go back to her house.

We hinged out the next day (today) but when we met up she said she had to be home by 3 pm and we met up around noon. She never said before that she was available only until 3. I said cool and we went to a diner. Again we talked, but not a lot of eye contact. Then we went to a record store and I pulled a couple of records and told some stories about them but she didn't seem too interested.

It was time for her to leave then. She dropped me off by a big market in the city because I said I wanted to explore. I went right to the bus station and bought an earlier ticket home (originally planned on leaving at 9 pm).

So that's that. Like most things about the girl. She was hot, similar interests, can easily talk and joke, but she seemed more reserved than I thought she would be.

I texted her that I had a good time and all that. She texted back something along the same lines and that she is 'down to be friends.' Don't know what's going to happen from here.

I need to get laid. I am 24 and haven't fucked since I was 22(21?). Getting very few local matches. Need to turn my tinder game up.

Tinder tip: meet your matches as soon as possible. Texting just does not allow you to get a good handle of a person.

Got matched up with a girl with a pixie cut, wearing a Sriracha shirt and standing next to a stencil of Heisenberg.

I think might be the one

Windam

Scaley member
So I messaged a match and all of a sudden she disappeared from my matches list? Only the person I didn't message still shows up. Is it supposed to work like this or did I just get shot down?

y2dvd

So I messaged a match and all of a sudden she disappeared from my matches list? Only the person I didn't message still shows up. Is it supposed to work like this or did I just get shot down?

I had a person that just matched me up, and then disappeared a minute later. Maybe a glitch?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
God I hate this thing. Swiped so many girls, not one match yet. Granted, I do swipe left occasionally but still, geez.

Windam

Scaley member
Holy shit, pretty girl just messaged "I wish my parents gave me an arranged marriage with you". NOT SURE IF TROLLING BUT HERE I GO

Xun

I'm tempted to make an alternative Facebook account to use Tinder since I'm still not too keen on using my actual account with it, but how well would it work?

Matugi

You guys were totally right about the importance of the first picture. I've gotten almost sixty matches in the five days since I've changed my first picture. Some are cute, some aren't, but I'm here for the personal gratification for the most part, although I am messaging one girl right now about Game of Thrones lol.

I've also started to work on my openers. My favorite is:

Me: "Do you want to know why I sometimes compare myself to a construction worker?"
Her: "Why?"
Me: "Because my whole life has been building up to this moment."

Another:

Me: "Do you want to know why I go to the gym?"
Her: "Why?"
Me: "So I can pick you up with ease."

Fucking love double entendres and I've gotten several numbers this way. The second one is far more risky than the first when used on a girl with low self-esteem though lol. One accused me of calling her a fat whale.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm tempted to make an alternative Facebook account to use Tinder since I'm still not too keen on using my actual account with it, but how well would it work?
Just as well as your normal account.

Unless you like a bunch of pages, you won't have any shared interests, and those can sometimes be used as conversation starters - so keep that in mind.

Swig_

How much does Tindr rely on your Facebook profile, or do you just use it to sign in? I don't use Facebook, but have a profile, but there's very little on it. Would that cause a problem, or does Tindr not go that deep into your fb account?

Windam

Scaley member
How much does Tindr rely on your Facebook profile, or do you just use it to sign in? I don't use Facebook, but have a profile, but there's very little on it. Would that cause a problem, or does Tindr not go that deep into your fb account?

It uses it for pictures, your age, possible shared interests, and mutual friends.

Xun

Just as well as your normal account.

Unless you like a bunch of pages, you won't have any shared interests, and those can sometimes be used as conversation starters - so keep that in mind.
Annoyingly my phone (Galaxy Mini) doesn't gel well with the app.

It wants my phone number, but I'm unable to progress further than that...

turtle553

You can also post private photos on FB shared only with you that Tindr can see for your profile.

I finally got a match, lol. I told her it was my birthday, asked is she hooked up, and said that losing my virginity would be a cool birthday present. (I'm not really taking this thing too seriously.)

Shockingly, she actually replied. She said no, and that she wouldn't want me to lose my virginity to a complete stranger, and somehow we're still chatting.

I don't expect it to go anywhere, I just think it's hilarious that I actually got a reply.

Top Bottom