• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Halo 2

Banned
Hooked up with a chick yesterday thru Tinder. 2/2

I feel like having a cat in my picture is cheating.
450 matches, 448 to go!

FStop7

Banned
Jesus. What the hell just happened?

ilBx7mxxHUyoi.png

iKYw1SND1zdLa.png

ibxonDOHDQPXnb.png

Lakitu

st5fu
Just started using this tonight, how long did it take for you guys to get responses? Nothing yet, but honestly, I'm not expecting much if anything :/

Just started using this tonight, how long did it take for you guys to get responses? Nothing yet, but honestly, I'm not expecting much if anything :/

Honestly, I've been on for a little over a month with only two likes. Others have likes in the double digits from only a week or so of being on. I'd say 2-4 weeks may be the sweet spot for people to start seeing and liking you. Any longer may be a call for a change in what photos you have up or a touch up of your blurb.

Lakitu

st5fu
Honestly, I've been on for a little over a month with only two likes. Others have likes in the double digits from only a week or so of being on. I'd say 2-4 weeks may be the sweet spot for people to start seeing and liking you. Any longer may be a call for a change in what photos you have up or a touch up of your blurb.

Thanks for the tips, I've pretty much used the best photo of me that I could find but I haven't set up a bio yet. Need to do that.

So I just jumped in with Tinder for the first time. Did a lot of swiping earlier, which got pretty addicting. Hoping to see some matches show up soon. I really do need to work on getting better pictures though.

Damn 8 matches in one night im bout to get some heavenly sleep cause when I wake up its gonna be like 20.

Whats the point of all the group pictures? I cant tell which girl is the one I liked.. :/

edit: goddamn dp sorry

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bsqd0BSCIAAndmM.png:large

LETS GIVE THIS A RED HOT GO

My friend made me download this.

I don't understand this bloody thing.

My profile picture is of Will Graham wearing the mask.

Are there really this many hot girls within 5 km of me?

Ok so I've been talking to this girl for awhile and I dig her. We've been making jokes and what not and I think there's something there.

How do I change the subject to invite her out for a drink or coffee? I just feel like anything is gonna be super awkward.

Meteorain

Thanks to whoever mentioned that even Windows Phone users can use this shit. My friends during random downtime moments would use this shit and it was jokes, I felt left out :(

These group photo's are awful though. It's like playing Where's Wally, and 90% of the time you're disappointed it's the wrong chick.

ezekial45

Banned
Been using Tinder for a bit. It's been interesting, a few conversations here or there, but no dates yet.

I did get matched with someone really hot, but she unmatched me when I was going to message her. >_<

Got a few matches, including this one extremely attractive girl. Messaged her fairly late last night and she was offline for quite awhile after sending it, but no response yet. I guess the fact she hasn't unmatched with me might be a good sign, even with no response yet. Hoping to hear something back tonight.

Bumhead

Banned
Keep getting a "Session Error: Your current session is no longer valid. Please log in again" message on iPhone.

Anyone else had this? Tried logging out of Facebook and back in, deleted both apps, restarted my phone.. still no dice.

Sami+

... Uh. So something weird happened. I was having a pretty decent (from my perspective at least) conversation with someone all day. A few minutes ago, though, I got a notification, opened it, and didn't find anything new there. I switched to LTE to reset the connection and suddenly all the messages got wiped. I tried closing it and opening it, and she was gone.

... lol, did I just get blocked? I didn't say anything offensive so I'm not really sure what could have caused that.

Edit - this is me btw
540a0c00ddbab.jpg

ameratsu

... Uh. So something weird happened. I was having a pretty decent (from my perspective at least) conversation with someone all day. A few minutes ago, though, I got a notification, opened it, and didn't find anything new there. I switched to LTE to reset the connection and suddenly all the messages got wiped. I tried closing it and opening it, and she was gone.

... lol, did I just get blocked? I didn't say anything offensive so I'm not really sure what could have caused that.

That or she deleted her account.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This app is amusing. A friend and I joined together to see who can get the most matches.

How do moments work? Aren't they supposed to last for 24 hours? I got sent some, but they disappeared right after I viewed them.

g23

European pre-madonna
fwPSrja.png

Thoughts on mine? Just uploaded a whole bunch of new pics and want the expert opinion of gaf.

supergiz

So I just got into this last night and holy shit the hits are crazy. So how safe is it to go with a girl on a one night stand whose first message to you is asking to hook up? This was late at night BTW.

Decided to pass last night as she wasn't that good looking but damn this app is crazy for random hookups.

Also on a semi related note any good place to buy condoms in bulk?

UraMallas

Just started this tonight. I looked up dos and donts but I'm having problems with finding pictures of me without other girls. I don't take a lot myself and nothing that I would want on Tinder. I just zoomed on me for a couple and left one or two the way they are. The other thing is I read that you shouldn't put anything in your 'About Me' section. What do you peeps think? I'm pretty good with words but I saw a couple girls on here that I swiped left because their 'About Me' was try-hard. I feel like leaving it blank might be a good thing to start off. Haven't gone public except for about 2 minutes where I was swiping. About to pull the trigger...

WISH ME LUCK

<---p.s. Not using my avi. Haha.

Edit: I got a match! I have no idea what etiquette is now. Plzhalp.

Ultimadrago

Just started this tonight. I looked up dos and donts but I'm having problems with finding pictures of me without other girls. I don't take a lot myself and nothing that I would want on Tinder. I just zoomed on me for a couple and left one or two the way they are. The other thing is I read that you shouldn't put anything in your 'About Me' section. What do you peeps think? I'm pretty good with words but I saw a couple girls on here that I swiped left because their 'About Me' was try-hard. I feel like leaving it blank might be a good thing to start off. Haven't gone public except for about 2 minutes where I was swiping. About to pull the trigger...

WISH ME LUCK

<---p.s. Not using my avi. Haha.

Edit: I got a match! I have no idea what etiquette is now. Plzhalp.

lol. Toss etiquette out the window!

But really, starting it off like any old text conversation (but getting flirty quicker than usual) has worked out for me alright. My personal motto to meeting up, if you're looking for that is to: "Close the meet-up (or #) early." Weeds out those that are just pulling around the convo for kicks.

As for the About Me. Nothing more than two lines of text. As a mobile app, it makes textual profile info even less important than desktop sites (where I also take a minimalist approach for casual hangs). And yes, don't have pics of you with other chicks. Take some good ones of yourself or find some somewhere (maybe your friends have some good ones of you). Nothing good comes from posting you + chick pics.

Is it bad that I'm not single and not looking, but I'd like to try Tinder, simply because it looks fun? :D

Nope, a number of people use it just for that.

IISANDERII

Been on this app a few days, it's awesome and got some conversations going but mostly I don't know how to get them really going.

I begin with "Hi, how're you doing?"
and they usually respond with "I'm great how about you!?"
Then I don't know what to say.

And how long until you ask somebody out?

Skele7on

Banned
Been on this app a few days, it's awesome and got some conversations going but mostly I don't know how to get them really going.

I begin with "Hi, how're you doing?"
and they usually respond with "I'm great how about you!?"
Then I don't know what to say.

And how long until you ask somebody out?

read what limited information they put on their profile and use it to start a conversation.

This is why face first bio later dating doesn't work. (online anyway)

IISANDERII

read what limited information they put on their profile and use it to start a conversation.

This is why face first bio later dating doesn't work. (online anyway)
Yeah I do do that for those who have info, but so many don't have anything.

Few times I tried using something from one of their pics: "Oh is that a cello? Do you play?"
"No, it's a double bass"
"oh"

I think they changed Tinder. The more you swipe right it negs you to more of the girls that never get swiped right or something like that.

Tinder also has been annoying lately. Many flakes and boring women. After I aquire a number I have a follow up convo a few days later than it leads to nothing. This app works best on vacation like going to Vegas or trying to get a meet up as soon a you match. Otherwise you will be at the end of the line.

The competition is pretty tough in NYC so if you snooze you lose.

j-wood

I've gotten quite a few matches with tinder, but less than half seem to respond to messages. I'll usually lead with a "how's it going?" and get no reply.

Or the ones that do respond are like one word answers. "How's it going" "good" and then no effort to keep the convo going. I mean, what's the point in swiping right with no interest?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I've gotten quite a few matches with tinder, but less than half seem to respond to messages. I'll usually lead with a "how's it going?" and get no reply.

Or the ones that do respond are like one word answers. "How's it going" "good" and then no effort to keep the convo going. I mean, what's the point in swiping right with no interest?

If the person you're attempting to chat with has a bajillion matches, and half of them start out asking them "How's it going", then you don't stand out very much.

IISANDERII

This happens to me but mostly with much younger chicks. Maybe they're not interested in chit-chat and really are just DTF and expect sex talk right away?

j-wood

So i took the advice and just went off the wall for lulz,

My first message:

"This question will determine whether anything happens here. How do you feel about yeezy season approachin?"

No response. hahaha

I hate the bots in this though, seems like I'm constantly finding those.

"Hey ur cute, but my tinder sucks lolol, Lets chat at XXX-XXX-XXXX or http://sdfoiajodf.com"

Tinder is a fantastic way to determine how ugly you are.

48 hours and no matches.

Aside from bots.

Lol, thank god I don't have depression or I'd be fuuuucked

Top Bottom