• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Kozak

Banned
Was using this app before it took off so I was on there with real people mostly.

Sydney selection is pretty damn good but nobody in my age group takes the app seriously (18-22). Also if you test a female friends account you'll notice how much of a joke males treat the system lol, a match every single time.

Got way boring though and I don't really see much potential for it. A lot of people seem to just treat it as "hot or not" and not a dating service.

Going to a bar has a far higher success rate than this. Srsly.

But I guess it's cool that we straights have a Grindr type app now.

Lunchbox

Banned
lol this shit asks for my facebook log in?

im not letting a spam app in my facebook. imagine if my real life social circle saw me in a fucking online dating app.....holy shit. the nerve of some devs, fuck off

Kozak

Banned

im not letting a spam app in my facebook. imagine if my real life social circle saw me in a fucking online dating app.....holy shit. the nerve of some devs, fuck off

Your social circle doesn't sound very "real" if they would judge you on using a fun online dating app.

FYI the app doesn't make any posts and the app is pretty much invisible to everyone

how dare you try to meet people

It explicitly states it doesn't post stuff to your wall so...

MadSexual

Your social circle doesn't sound very "real" if they would judge you on using a fun online dating app.

FYI the app doesn't make any posts and the app is pretty much invisible to everyone

This is something I'm legitimately concerned with as well. The second part of your post assuages my fears, but I still feel a horrible stigma about online dating.

Kozak

Banned
This is something I'm legitimately concerned with as well. The second part of your post assuages my fears, but I still feel a horrible stigma about online dating.

You can set any app to make posts that are only visible to YOU. Its the little padlock.

MadSexual

Is there though? I really don't think there is anymore.
I feel like I'm stuck in that middle generation that expected to be bullied and shunned for being nerdy but never was. Online dating, despite my rational awareness to the contrary, seems like the modern equivalent of ordering a Russian bride.

Kozak

Banned
I feel like I'm stuck in that middle generation that expected to be bullied and shunned for being nerdy but never was. Online dating, despite my rational awareness to the contrary, seems like the modern equivalent of ordering a Russian bride.

No, get out of highschool mode bro, the heirarchy system ends there. Youll notice that all the "cool" kids from school have either grown up a lot or just lost all friends and working some shitty job.

People who judge you on using a SOCIAL app just arent the sort of people anyone should be hanging with...

spuckthew

I barely have a Facebook account so Tinder's a bit redundant to me at the moment. I have 3 friends (just lol) on Facebook because I literally never use it so there's not much going for me on Tinder. I could probably improve this quite substantially if I just accepted all of my Facebook invites, but it seems a bit weird to accept pending invites from years ago...

So I get a message from this "person":

YtgLb72l.png

And it goes like this:

ds5GK5el.png

sBq1Wk7l.png

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So I get a message from this person:

http://i.imgur.com/YtgLb72l.png[img]

And it goes like this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ds5GK5el.png[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/sBq1Wk7l.png[img][/QUOTE]

Yeap, my messages read the same way. She is going to send you a cam link soon.
I will fuck my bot if you fuck yours. Let's be sexual pioneers.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
this reminds me, i really gotta go check up on all my russian model friends on MSN messenger sometime.

Keyouta

There's people near me it seems, but the darn thing sucks trying to find them. It only works sometimes. Plus the pictures that I'd like to use are on my phone and not facebook, so that sucks.

MadSexual

No, get out of highschool mode bro, the heirarchy system ends there. Youll notice that all the "cool" kids from school have either grown up a lot or just lost all friends and working some shitty job.

People who judge you on using a SOCIAL app just arent the sort of people anyone should be hanging with...

Heh, I don't have a high school complex. I'm the guy in the second part of your post. I guess some of us just don't deserve love. =P

Anyhow, I messed with this for a little bit. Most were bots, but I got a few real matches. I have no idea how to cold start a conversation. What do you guys have success with?

LProtag

Just decided to try this to see what it was about.

I very quickly ran out of recommendations so I increased the distance and still nothing came up.

I feel like it's bugged.

Oh well.

daemissary

This app is pretty solid. I've been a somewhat passive OKC user for a couple years without much luck, signed up for this app today and already have 4 messages from real people and then a couple from bots.

Not too bad, we'll see if any of them go anywhere.

Kyon

Banned
This thread popping up for me last week made me download it and it's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm already going on a date Thursday :)

Kanyon

Been perservering with this app, not having too much luck unfortunately... Brisbane has got absolutely nobody on Tinder.

The Android app definitely needs some work though, few bugs in the system sees me seeing a lot of repeats.

daemissary

Lol, me and a random girl I met through work like a year ago just totally liked each other and neither of us realized we had met before until like 5 messages in.

Top Bottom