• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Rad-

The app that made me realize I'm probably too shallow and picky. I rejected like 95% of the girls and later my friends were talking about how full of hotties this app is.

Been getting some really hot matches on here that I have been working on between Tinder and Hinge.

Can be a bit of a process in getting numbers though. Some girls just ignore but you have to give a good opening and they will respond. If I still get no response I use a back up response thats pretty charming that does the trick.

You have to realize that these girls are getting bombarded with messages all day on this thing. So be original and stand out. Otherwise you will be at the end of the line

I would post my openers and and lines but I don't want them to become overused by people seeing this thread.

I will give advice on what pics to use

Pic 1 - Best pic of yourself
Pic 2 - Pic of you and a girl
Pic 3 - 2nd best pic of you
Pic 4 - Pic in a social setting with friends
Pic 5 - Optional. Another good picture of you, maybe doing an activity

Avoid selfies

Tinder does not work for me. Oh no, not because I have a fake profile with a giant robot on it, but because I see ZERO profiles on it. I'm from NYC. My Tinder is just searching people without ever finding anyone.

Kiraly

Been getting some really hot matches on here that I have been working on between Tinder and Hinge.

Can be a bit of a process in getting numbers though. Some girls just ignore but you have to give a good opening and they will respond. If I still get no response I use a back up response thats pretty charming that does the trick.

You have to realize that these girls are getting bombarded with messages all day on this thing. So be original and stand out. Otherwise you will be at the end of the line

I would post my openers and and lines but I don't want them to become overused by people seeing this thread.
Come on man, do you think Armstrong made it to the moon on his own?

I've gone on around a dozen dates through this app still seeing a few of the girls, one in particular is great.

Tinder is fuckin dope. Works amazing here in LA.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I have the app but I'm lazy lol. I seem to get matches though, try it out if you're interested in this type of thing.

Been thinking about getting on this but I need new pictures as I look bad in more current pictures or they're all super old and don't look like me anymore.

Some of the chicks im working on now

NuT4Pe9.png

jbKvbYJ.png

L1YjUCB.png

GhkRAcm.png

CSYXUSz.png

Fellas,

Fake profiles will send you messages acting like they know you and have you click on some bullshit or the site is plastered on their other pics.

Aim_Ed

I will give advice on what pics to use

Pic 1 - Best pic of yourself
Pic 2 - Pic of you and a girl
Pic 3 - 2nd best pic of you
Pic 4 - Pic in a social setting with friends
Pic 5 - Optional. Another good picture of you, maybe doing an activity

Avoid selfies

Wow, I had this app for 2 days with barely any matches. Now I find myself replying to someone every 20 mins.

You guys need to tag yourself in the pics on Facebook for tinder to reconize the pics. That's why some of your pics might not be showing up.

Maybe I'll post a convo or 2 later. Some girls are simple and will respond with a simple "Sup beautiful" and others you need to be more creative. There were a few girls that I went back to after my first failed attempt months later to secure a number.

Also if you guys get stumbled in a convo bring something up in one of the girls pics to keep the convo going. For example one girl had a pic of her partying with Pauly D, so I said something about his hair. It can be anything.

Rookje

Man I had tons of matches with hot girls a few months ago but was dating somebody so didn't message them. Should I still message them, or is it weird months later?

Also, if someone blocks you are they still listed there?

.GqueB.

Banned
Man I had tons of matches with hot girls a few months ago but was dating somebody so didn't message them. Should I still message them, or is it weird months later?

Also, if someone blocks you are they still listed there?
Lol they're not monitoring when you were matched. It wouldn't matter.

Deadstar

Those pics can't be real....why would beautiful women use a dating app. I'm sure they get hit on all the time. Also, is there an app similar to this on ipad without facebook?

How? I don't even the option to

Press the three lines on the left hand side, Go to profile then edit. There should be Xs next to the pics. You can drag the pics around to choose the main picture. Hold the picture down for a bit to drag them. It's 5 pics on your tinder profile so delete some to make room to choose from the rest of your fb profile.

Those pics can't be real....why would beautiful women use a dating app. I'm sure they get hit on all the time. Also, is there an app similar to this on ipad without facebook?

They do it just for a laugh and to kill time. Which is why when you message them you don't get a response.

Maybe they don't realise this, think of themselves as ugly. What if being considered beautiful is measured by how many guys they attract? But maybe some guys are intimidated and if these ladies don't get any responses IRL, then they become as self-defeating as anyone else.

Mesoian

Press the three lines on the left hand side, Go to profile then edit. There should be Xs next to the pics. You can drag the pics around to choose the main picture. Hold the picture down for a bit to drag them. It's 5 pics on your tinder profile so delete some to make room to choose from the rest of your fb profile.

Ah, gotcha. It hadn't pulled in any pictures except for my profile picture which is a cartoon character and 1 pick from 5 years ago. Good lookin' out. I was wondering why I never got any matches.

Deadstar

Maybe they don't realise this, think of themselves as ugly. What if being considered beautiful is measured by how many guys they attract? But maybe some guys are intimidated and if these ladies don't get any responses IRL, then they become as self-defeating as anyone else.

That is super interesting to me. Discussing social dynamics is a lot of fun.

Mesoian

Ego booster but obviously also to bang. It's an easy way to meet other people to hook up. Don't get it twisted, this isn't a dating app, it's a fucking app.

Definitely. I mean, the initial criteria is "what do they look like". You aren't going to find any marriage propositions here.

Ego booster but obviously also to bang. It's an easy way to meet other people to hook up. Don't get it twisted, this isn't a dating app, it's a fucking app.

One of my female friends is actually using it to meet dudes to date, shrug.

Given that I live in LA, have awful photos of myself and am not exceptional looking (not that I think I'm ugly) I found it kind of useless.

My pics are 100% real. Hinge uses last names and mutual friends so you can even check their profiles. I know the blond girl from years ago and I am FB friends with her and never thought she found me attractive at all until I matched up with her. It made getting her number easier than taking candy from a baby.

Definitely. I mean, the initial criteria is "what do they look like". You aren't going to find any marriage propositions here.

BS.

More than enough women are not using this to hookup, theres a mixture of everything here. If anything this is the ONLY dating app/site which works. it's akin to seeing someone who would interest you in real life and then it's up to conversation.

I know many women and guys like myself who are using this more than just for hooking up. Maybe that's just what you're looking for so it's all you're finding.

People who look at this as the straight grinder are wrong. The hookup app is not tinder, it's called Blendr.

And she's kidding herself. Full blown dating websites are made for that, but this? Come on. She's wasting her time. Tinder is based on the same concept as Grindr. Even the names are kinda similar.

Yeah, totally wrong. It is not the same at all. Full blown dating websites are bullshit that breed personality incest through fake profiles and self obsessed versions of ourselves. You're far worse off on their than tinder. How could you ever expect to find crap on a dating webs tie or profile matching system. It's not real, Tinder relies on human interaction with very little upfront information, just like real life.

Carl

This seriously makes me realise how picky I am, haha.

Also i've noticed that the first person that comes up when i boot up the app is usually someone who has said i am hot. Every time i boot up the app, the first person is a match.

HiResDes

The app that made me realize I'm probably too shallow and picky. I rejected like 95% of the girls and later my friends were talking about how full of hotties this app is.

Yeah you're crazy. I just like nearly every pic to see who matches, has worked greatly benefit for me. Found someone I really like.

Just because they're hit on all the time doesn't mean it's by the people they want to be hitting on them. I've had a few ridiculously hot girlfriends that I thought had to be fake profiles when I first saw them.

.GqueB.

Banned
Yeah, totally wrong. It is not the same at all. Full blown dating websites are bullshit that breed personality incest through fake profiles and self obsessed versions of ourselves. You're far worse off on their than tinder. How could you ever expect to find crap on a dating webs tie or profile matching system. It's not real, Tinder relies on human interaction with very little upfront information, just like real life.

Well put.

I tried this app a few months ago, and literally the first 20 profiles (maybe more) I Liked were 'matches' and replied instantly with a bot message. It got so tiresome to deal with that I just gave up and uninstalled it.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Mesoian

BS.

More than enough women are not using this to hookup, theres a mixture of everything here. If anything this is the ONLY dating app/site which works. it's akin to seeing someone who would interest you in real life and then it's up to conversation.

I know many women and guys like myself who are using this more than just for hooking up. Maybe that's just what you're looking for so it's all you're finding.

People who look at this as the straight grinder are wrong. The hookup app is not tinder, it's called Blendr.

I mean...if you wanna use Tinder as a tool to diversify your front line on the war of romance, that's fine. Using it to get you more exposure than you'd have otherwise is a pretty smart move. But if you're looking to use it specific to find long lasting relationships, I don't think you're going to have a lot of success. It doesn't seem to be tailored towards that at all.

How is this any different than going somewhere like okcupid, ignoring all of the text and messaging people purely based on their photos (which is what most people do anyway).

Top Bottom