• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder (i.e., OkCupid meets Hot or Not)

Tinder confirms that LA>>>>NYC when it comes to chicks. When I was in LA I right swiped so many more women, while in NYC I "NOPE" like 95% of them.

.GqueB.

Banned
How is this any different than going somewhere like okcupid, ignoring all of the text and messaging people purely based on their photos (which is what most people do anyway).

Because the photos are merely the first layer in their scrutinization. They'll still read your profile. There's something odd to me about going on a date knowing so much about a person and vice versa.

Because the photos are merely the first layer in their scrutinization. They'll still read your profile. There's something odd to me about going on a date knowing so much about a person and vice versa.

This.

Anyways just had another fun tinder date tonight. That makes a bakers dozen different girls from tinder since I've been newly single. She was a lot of fun and probably the smartest girl I have gone out with so far. Great conversation, gunna go out again in a week or so.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I wish I was attractive enough to meet hot women off this site. Super jealous of people who don't need to use personality to attract someone.

Stasis

I just heard of this last night for the first time and now I see this thread. Interesting.

My neighbor uses it periodically and it definitely works out well for him. I'd totally try it if I wasn't in a relationship. I used some crappy sites for fun back in the day and had success but this seems much easier/better.

nOoblet16

Most of my friends use tinder, even the ones who are already in a committed relationship because "it's fun" (whatever is that suppose to mean). Just 2 days ago I had a female friend with tons of contacts and a guy from our group just borrowed her phone and started sending out flirty or sexual texts to other guys to mess around with them. This is why I don't like this app.

So let me get this straight they have to like you back for you to be able to send them a message? Tinder doesn't randomly match you with people to help your self esteem? I ask because I would describe the girl I've just been matched with as a "worldie", she's real, we have mutual friends and I like what I see.

freshair

So let me get this straight they have to like you back for you to be able to send them a message? Tinder doesn't randomly match you with people to help your self esteem? I ask because I would describe the girl I've just been matched with as a "worldie", she's real, we have mutual friends and I like what I see.

Yup. Only with mutual agreement on each others' attractiveness would allow you to message one another. A boost either way.

LTWheels

Little small talk, don't fall down the hole of asking all those questions that everyone else will ask. Just enough to get something to banter with her.

FairyD

God damn I think I need a drinky bird to perpetually keep clicking like for me. I must have liked over a 1000 people so far.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Got this today. It's giving me nothing but hot girls. Basically means I'm not going to be able to get much out of this I guess.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My tactic is just to indiscriminately YES a ton of girls, close out of the app for a few hours, then when you boot back into it, it'll have like a small # of girls who yes'd you(that you haven't yes'd back), + all the girls that YES me through the night. Block the fake profiles / really ugly chicks and success.

davepoobond

My tactic is just to indiscriminately YES a ton of girls, close out of the app for a few hours, then when you boot back into it, it'll have like a small # of girls who yes'd you(that you haven't yes'd back), + all the girls that YES me through the night. Block the fake profiles / really ugly chicks and success.

that's essentially what i'm doing...

eh, maybe something will happen overnight. i think i already went through about 100 people.

I did this for a bit early on, its a pain in the ass when you have to block a bunch of people though. Maybe I rated too many at once, but the blocking is super annoying especially when you have to type it out. So I stopped doing it, wasn't worth it.

Absolute gold mine here in LA. Better than trying to hit on girls at the bar, you can just set up a meet and good to go. Been getting good action on this, but i'd like to step my game up and get with the really hot girls. Gonna need some new pics.

XenodudeX

Absolute gold mine here in LA. Better than trying to hit on girls at the bar, you can just set up a meet and good to go. Been getting good action on this, but i'd like to step my game up and get with the really hot girls. Gonna need some new pics.

Well it's LA, so I'm not really surprised :p

Well it's LA, so I'm not really surprised :p

I dunno, my bar game was pretty weak as much as i hate to admit it. This allows me to get the small talk out of the way. Surprised how many girls are DTF, although i can't say i'm particularly proud of the quality of talent i'm pulling.

This app makes me wish I lived in a bigger city with more diversity. It's been fun so far, though.

I just wish I could remember how to talk to a girl I'm interested in. My post-breakup game is horrible. I'm too used to talking to girls as if they're just friends.

Has anyone been coming up with a ridiculous amount of spam? I just had 4 matches, all spambots.

Holy shit. I was just about to say "I guess I don't swipe left for the types of photos spambots would use," but then, coincidentally, I got a spam message. Figures.

Hopefully gets dealt with before it becomes rampant.

sqwarlock

Just for shits and giggles I signed up a couple of days ago. Got my first match today, sent her a message, the app crashed, and there's no longer any matches in my list. That seems about par for the course for me and my love life.

Also, why am I getting so many matches from other cities? I'm in AZ and I've seen a lot of Chicago girls pop up.

Sakujou

Banned
i have swiped hundreds of girls to the right and nothing happened. is this real or just fake or am i just ugly or whats the deal???

everyone is talking about but i dont see any results...?

It' better than other apps and dating sites, which are pure trash. It's matched me with 5 women so far, though one of them is a prostitute that lives 100 miles away. It's something!

News Bot

Banned
i have swiped hundreds of girls to the right and nothing happened. is this real or just fake or am i just ugly or whats the deal???

everyone is talking about but i dont see any results...?

I've done the same and only gotten about two or three dozen matches thus far out of hundreds. The thing you have to remember is that you have to wait until they're actually active on the app to match with you. Many of the people you're swiping right on were active days or weeks ago. If you leave the app alone for a few weeks you'll probably notice most of them matching you back. Just don't expect an influx.

What if for example I discard someone but I may change my mind in the future! Will the app try to match us again sometime in the future? Have you seen repeated women?

Misterhbk

Tinder is so much better than Okcupid. No need to even bother with that app anymore. I find much more attractive women on Tinder. Pretty sure that's because it's much easier to just link your Facebook and not answer a ton of dumbass questions. I've met some pretty awesome people on Tinder.

Also a fun contest with my friends to see who will get more matches (not just swiping every single one as a match of course).

davepoobond

I've been swiping right for a good month at least now, and I get some matches but they never respond to me.

At this point, Even the spammers aren't messaging me anymore.

I don't really get it.

Got about 300 matches on this now but no-one who I'd really say was anything above average. I suspect the hot bishes want the guy whos posing with a Lambo. If you didnt need the damn FB crap I'd put up some bathroom shots. haha

Pastry

Banned
Just had a girl I was dating from Tinder break up with me... so guess I'm back at it. Need a new profile picture though. Which one?

todd360

Is anybody else having trouble figureing out what girl your susposed to be looking at? I swear it's like 9 out 10 profiles is just large groups of girls for every picture.

n64coder

JWhich one?
k4CTLU8.jpg

This one.

Top Bottom