• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder is destroying men’s self-esteem (New York Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredderi

I don't give a fuck. I'm not dating a man shorter than me. You don't like it, you deal with it. Find a woman way shorter than you then or make yourself interesting enough that I want to date you. I'm 5'4 and my rule to not date any man shorter than that, which isn't common to begin with. If you're 5'8, whatever. As long as you're taller than me. Aesthetically, I prefer a man between 5'8 to 6'2. For me, there's a thing such as being too tall.

My thing is why do a lot of men think they can get a girl just by being a man? Like I'm obligated to be interested in you just because you're a man. Better step the fuck up to the plate. If you're being rejected for your height, look for girls that are shorter than you or become interesting enough where your height isn't a turn off. I'm not saying you have to be Prince or anything, but jeez.

giphy.gif

I don't give a fuck. I'm not dating a man shorter than me. You don't like it, you deal with it. Find a woman way shorter than you then or make yourself interesting enough that I want to date you. I'm 5'4 and my rule to not date any man shorter than that, which isn't common to begin with. If you're 5'8, whatever. As long as you're taller than me. Aesthetically, I prefer a man between 5'8 to 6'2. For me, there's a thing such as being too tall.

My thing is why do a lot of men think they can get a girl just by being a man? Like I'm obligated to be interested in you just because you're a man. Better step the fuck up to the plate. If you're being rejected for your height, look for girls that are shorter than you or become interesting enough where your height isn't a turn off. I'm not saying you have to be Prince or anything, but jeez.

My main question is: what the fuck do you have to offer? I hope I have something to offer to you as well. I hope I'm interesting enough for you to want to know me more. So why would I not have the same expectation out of a man I date?

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any of this and I'm happily taken.

I personally like this ruthlessness. Play the game to the best of your ability. I aint out here trying to fix everyone's self esteem issues on Tinder.

I've always found it weird how men oriented threads about dating are mostly, "it's OK, they're just shallow and what not" but most of the time if women bring up man's awful standards the blame is redirected at the woman.

Have you ever thought that it's OK to not to be wanted by every woman?

My thing is why do women dismiss a guy based on a height statistic before even talking to him? How can the guy possibly "step the fuck up" if a woman won't even engage him in conversation? The worst part is that if I lied about my height by an inch or so online no one would even notice. People are far too obsessed with metrics online, and that's the whole point of this thread. Men and women are superficial, it goes both ways.

It's superficial, but let's not act like most men are interested in a woman who is taller or stronger than them.

We all have our own superficial hang ups. For me and lots of other women, it's men who are shorter than us.

Somebody thinking your boobs is fake isn't a put down, it's a compliment.

No it's not.

I'm not single but if I were I wouldn't date a woman taller than me. I can look at women and appreciate them if they are taller but I know there would be no point in approaching them due to the odds being stacked against you.

No one should be getting upset at the type of person the other is looking for. You can't control or apply logic to people's choices in a partner. If there is a 4'10 woman and she needs someone 7' tall she'll either find it, change it, or be lonely.

Only give a shit about people who are into you. I see 500 beautiful women a week here in Vancouver. I easily see 100 dudes with 6 pack abs a week in the summer. This isn't rare.

You want to stack the deck in your favour? Get good pictures taken, hit the gym, make yourself presentable, and do your best to be a conversationalist. Fuck the patriarchy nonsense. This is hardwired into most people including yourself if you are being honest with yourself. You like what you like, no magazine, no media, no societal values can create attraction.

I get put down for most things. That's just the one that kind of really bothers me. Unless I have surgery, they're not changing. :/
Reading through your recent posts and damn, that's actually pretty upsetting to know that you or anyone really gets treated that way.

Dartastic

I'm a fairly above average looking guy (not super attractive, but slightly above average, I'd like to think) and fuck, Tinder is a shit show. I barely ever have gotten any legit swipes who actually try to communicate with me. I've gone with good looking pics, stupid pics, joking pics, and my current pic is me scowling with my cat's butt in my face as a super stupid thing to have. Sadly, I think I've gotten more swipes with the cat butt pic than most of the others. I fucking hate Tinder.

Then what is it?

You go to the gym every day to lift weights and have an amazing body. Someone comes up to you and asks you if you do steroids.

You work hard to get a Dodge Challenger. Someone asks if you stole it.

Same shit imo, except you don't really work to get boobs, it's mostly just genetics. I have a C cup and I weigh 150 pounds. Dudes who ask if my breasts are fake are not complimenting me and make me want to break their arm.

Shredderi

It happens to my wife all the time... She has implants tho.

Just seems like a really weird thing to say to a woman, even if one thought that said tits were fake. Like, what is that supposed to accomplish? Even in casual non-come-on conversation it really doesn't work well as a conversation starter.

You must be an expert on boobs and letting people know they're fake.

I've also found another thing interesting: those people who don't get dates or matches are usually quite bitter about the entire thing. Y'all do know your anger is easily picked up on right?

I'd imagine you are absolutely right. I think it's pretty straightforward logic. People don't get attention from the opposite gender despite numerous tries and over time they become bitter. Applies to many other things as well.

Just seems like a really weird thing to say to a woman, even if one thought that said tits were fake. Like, what is that supposed to accomplish? Even in casual non-come-on conversation it really doesn't work well as a conversation starter.

Probably said because the dude has sex on the mind and is super awkward / creepy with women.

You go to the gym every day to lift weights and have an amazing body. Someone comes up to you and asks you if you do steroids.

You work hard to get a Dodge Challenger. Someone asks if you stole it.

Same shit imo, except you don't really work to get boobs, it's mostly just genetics. I have a C cup and I weigh 150 pounds. Dudes who ask if my breasts are fake are not complimenting me and make me want to break their arm.

Ok, that's a good point. However I can just see some of my homegirls blushing if some cute guy said that to them though, and them flirting along shaking their breasts saying, "What? You mean these old things". LOL

Afrikan

it was one thing for some women and men to be picky on Tinder... but as soon as the free version of Tinder turned on the feature to run out of "likes" per day...you better damn believe they all got WAY more pickier on who they *wasted* their likes on.

as for me, Tinder has/was been the BEST THING EVER!

Sunster

Fuck my height im like 5'10 or 5'11 but I really want to be 6'3''. All my uncles and most of my cousins are 6+.

I am really thinking of leg lengthening. And others should too, you can add like 6 inches.

This is my dream. Fuck you genetics I control you.

My god, that looks horrible.

"I was staring at your breasts for a really long time, and I've come to the conclusion that you bought those."

Meaning that's how good they look, that they can't be real.

Y'know how I'd feel if an attractive woman was staring at my crotch for a really long time, and came to the conclusion I had a sock stuffed down my pants? LOL

Meaning that's how good they look, that they can't be real.

Y'know how I'd feel if an attractive woman was staring at my crotch for a really long time, and came to the conclusion I had a sock stuffed down my pants? LOL
You're a bad troll or a creepy person who believes this type of behavior is normal.

Tinder's biggest problem is the robots. Find a way to get rid of them or verify accounts through several different means. At this point if it doesn't have an Instagram account attached to it that looks for the most part updated its 99% a bot.

If Tinder is destroying your self-esteem, it is probably time to log off. I've had fun with the app. Sure, been rejected a bunch, but I've also had some fun dates. It is what it is. I've rejected people too. It is okay. Everyone here has been rejected and we are all still here. No reason to let it get to you. Again, this happens with everyone!

Makai

A lot of people don't realize that they're below average attractiveness and get disappointed when above average people aren't attracted to them.

MoxManiac

Fuck my height im like 5'10 or 5'11 but I really want to be 6'3''. All my uncles and most of my cousins are 6+.

I am really thinking of leg lengthening. And others should too, you can add like 6 inches.

That looks terrifying.

Shredderi

Read up on this just now. Shit seems brutal.

Good, most guys are way too full of themselves to begin with.

Funny, I hear it's more and more the opposite these days with men being too insecure.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

Holy moly what the heck is that? How does that contraption even work?

That probably really fucks up your bones in the long run. Do you want to be 45 and barely able to walk/your legs just randomly breaking? Because I feel like that's what would happen.

GamerSoul

"I was staring at your breasts for a really long time, and I've come to the conclusion that you bought those."

Some people are just plain horrible. I can only imagine what some of you women have to deal with on these apps..I wish I can give some sound advice, but all I can say is we're not all bad. Stupid sure, but not bad.

You're a bad troll or a creepy person who believes this type of behavior is normal.

A bad troll? A creepy person? Really? Funny, I have none of these issues in real life.

Of course, I think it's tacky for somebody to say it, but I don't think every woman would take offense and some may consider it a compliment.

If you disagree, cool.

Deal with it, rather than making assumptions and labeling somebody something they're not.

Lightskintwin, you're definitely in the minority assuming that would be taken as a compliment. Let it go, it's rude at best.

Can you get this without a Facebook yet

I think it's interesting that every time there's a thread about online dating, we get a lot of Official NeoGAF Opinions about various little things. Everybody has different rules and norms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom