• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinder is destroying men’s self-esteem (New York Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

This recent discussion...

tumblr_nwxjwx7hxz1qg0u4go1_250.gif

KingV

That's bottom of the barrel right there.

Dance classes work too. I play trivia every week with some girls that are all in like a swing dancing class, and it's basically all women. They go to competitions or some shit in other cities and half the women are dancing with other women because they don't have enough dudes.

They're always asking me to come, but I'm married and don't want to see how red I can get my wife's face by telling her I'm going out on Friday night to swing dance with some chicks I met playing Trivia.

But if you're single, Lindy Hop your way into them drawers.

As a plus, every one of them is employed in a respectable job, but as a minus they are some of the most stereotypically white people I've ever met.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
lol bro, glass house and all that. do you not remember the pettiest thing you've done to your exes?

Lmao I got a good laugh from the reactions,
those were my gfs panties ;)

Randoms who let you grind them at club/bar is double wrap and get a full blood/urine panel done six weeks later territory.

Yeah, I'm sure a guy who thinks "Your boobs look fake" could be a funny or clever introduction is a great judge of what is and isn't appropriate.

I think almost anything can be said if delivered right. I've heard plenty of things in real life social interactions that may sound inappropriate in online text.

That's bottom of the barrel right there.

It's actually pretty fun and exciting, especially with somebody you connect on purely a physical level, giving into your primal instincts, never uttering a word to each other; with only your bodies sweating, bumping, and grinding to the rhythm and the beat of an 808 Drum.

Making luv in the club indeed.

I went up to dance with a girl on the dance floor once. It was great. Came dancing up towards her, got close, then she used her open palm in my face to slowly guide me away from her and I flawlessly kept on dancing in the opposite direction of her. Smooth as fuck.

Leeness

Yeah, I'm sure a guy who thinks "Your boobs look fake" could be a funny or clever introduction is a great judge of what is and isn't appropriate.

Just because it's a newer, more recent one to add onto this, fake boobs plus the implication that I am a prostitute! I appreciated that one a lot.

Anyway...

I went up to dance with a girl on the dance floor once. It was great. Came dancing up towards her, got close, then she used her open palm in my face to slowly guide me away from her and I flawlessly kept on dancing in the opposite direction of her. Smooth as fuck.

😂

LOL I've seen that happen, and it sounds like you played it off magnificent.

I second these posts

I put my real world life experiences above your seconding of posts. LOL ;-p

Mega

Banned
This recent discussion...

tumblr_nwxjwx7hxz1qg0u4go1_250.gif

Why are you horrified?

Who here is from Atlanta and understands the culture? Who here knows about what the men and women there find socially acceptance in public gatherings? Or are we passing judgment based on our own narrow biases and experiences?

I been there enough times to know one doesn't need a signed consent form to approach another person in the manner lightskintwin described. No one minds except the all-knowing prudes in this thread.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Every time I was at a club, guys asked to dance or inched their way over to dance with me and my friends without trying to grind on any of us.

It ain't prudish to find that creepy. Culture isn't some protective barrier against criticism.

LOL I've seen that happen, and it sounds like you played it off magnificent.
I have buddies that can pick up so good doing that. My dance game is weak I guess. Happens more often than not. I do have my own set of game skills that work for me.

It depends on setting and shit for me. Im good at starting conversation and closing at the end of the night by my god the dancing is my weakest game.

I do much better at pubs. Not much luck at night clubs with big dance floors. Put me in a club with some bumpin base and Im lost. Throw me in a pub with some pool tables around and a more social setting and I get it done pretty well.

Why are you horrified?

Who here is from Atlanta and understands the culture? Who here knows about what the men and women there find socially acceptance in public gatherings? Or are we passing judgment based on our own narrow biases and experiences?

I been there enough times to know one doesn't need a signed consent form to approach another person in the manner lightskintwin described. No one minds except the all-knowing prudes in this thread.

It ain't just Atlanta. I've partied in a lot of different cities in a lot of different states at different events, house parties, clubs, bars, restaurants, social gatherings. I think there's just a whole 'nother world people on this board aren't exposed too and naively think social interactions between opposite sexes are these formal, polite, safe spaces where people keep proper distance until permission is granted otherwise it's some form of harassment or assault.

Every time I was at a club, guys asked to dance or inched their way over to dance with me and my friends without trying to grind on any of us.

It ain't prudish to find that creepy. Culture isn't some protective barrier against criticism.

And yet, i've hooked up with some, dated some, some became my girlfriend, some became friends and became part of our hang out crew, some I never called again, and others I never got her number and left it to what it was.

Mega

Banned
It ain't just Atlanta. I've partied in a lot of different cities in a lot of different states at different events, house parties, clubs, bars, restaurants, social gatherings. I think there's just a whole 'nother world people on this board aren't exposed too and naively think social interactions between opposite sexes are these formal, polite, safe spaces where people keep proper distance until permission is granted otherwise it's some form of harassment or assault.

Exactly. A lot of holier than thou nonsense ITT from people who think they know better and figured it all out.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Work your way down to ATL and tell the black and brown women down there that they're being disrespected and marginalized. I look forward to your update about how you were laughed out of town.

Dude no woman can speak for all women so even if that is the case in the south, that's no reason to call other women prudes. Jfc the difference between people in NYC is a lot different than people in say Seattle. Culture don't negate what someone has to say.

to be fair someone might have a death wish to grind on a bear

BEEF I GOT UR TURKEY MEET ME IN THE STREETS

Okay the grinding thing is good we can maybe get a few more pages out of that. The problem is we've already burned through height, skin tone, race, wealth, dicks, breasts, asses, face quality, personality, interestingness, and shoulder width.

Eventually some one's going to have to bust out the tipping and circumcision cards.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
And yet, i've hooked up with some, dated some, some became my girlfriend, some became friends and became part of hang out crew, some I never called again, and others I never got her number and left it to what it was.

Ok that's cool good for you? I don't understand why your experience should somehow negate mine?

Leeness

Y'all just keep randomly grinding on unsuspecting women, I will continue to find it horribly unsettling.

I will continue to avoid contact with men, sounds like it would just give me anxiety and panic attacks.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Y'all just keep randomly grinding on unsuspecting women, I will continue to find it horribly unsettling.

I will continue to avoid contact with men, sounds like it would just give me anxiety and panic attacks.
Come to metal concerts. You can headbang and move around all you like and never get groped by randoms or anything, as long as you avoid crowd surfing (at least it's been my experience in 16 years of concert-going). :D

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Let some strange dude I never met just up and decide he wants to grind on me. I'm calling security, no hesitation. I don't care what girl from who cares where let's these guys do. I'm not responsible for anyone else but myself.

Mega

Banned
Dude no woman can speak for all women so even if that is the case in the south, that's no reason to call other women prudes. Jfc the difference between people in NYC is a lot different than people in say Seattle. Culture don't negate what someone has to say.

I agree 100%, but you got people ITT treating the guy like a huge scumbag and tut-tut'ing at him for behaving in ways that are acceptable and not out of the norm in ATL and other places he's visited. You have to be a prude or some kind of self-absorbed to look down your nose at other peoples because they don't pass your morality test. Maybe realize some people do shit differently and they're all okay with it and keep the demonizing to yourself? (Not literally you, ishibear)

haha if you're horrified now never go to Jamaica and go to anyone of our random parties, shit would give you a stroke..I think Jamaican dancing have ruined me though because now I'm in Mexico and I went to a club last night and saw all these guys and gals doing there amazingly seemingly choreographed salsa moves and I was legit shook...I NEED TO LEARN!!!!!

Box

What the hell? How has this thread reached 57 pages? I didn't see that much of an argument going on in the first 3 pages.

I've been trying to figure out what this thread is all about since it keeps coming back to the front page. I think what's going on is that dating is a topic that makes a lot of people anxious. It's not really a thread for airing grievances with dating so much as it is people who feel uncomfortable with their situation reaching out and trying to understand dating better. Well it's something like that anyhow.

Unfortunately the specific topic keeps changing. I wanted to come in and share some criticism about the whole self-improvement angle but nobody's talking about that anymore. I keep coming back to see if that will resurface but it's always something else completely. It's still really cringey to watch GAFers be this meek around people who are more sexually experienced.

Let some strange dude I never met just up and decide he wants to grind on me. I'm calling security, no hesitation. I don't care what girl from who cares where let's these guys do. I'm not responsible for anyone else but myself.

I feel you but It's pretty normal in black clubs/dances. Everyone there down to grind so no one really cares. I would suggest avoiding black dances/clubs if it definitely bothers you. The House Party dance off/dance party scene is a pretty close representation.

saying something is popular or prominent doesn't really win an argument against personal space. people dance in all sorts of ways, that doesn't mean everyone should or would be comfortable with it.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I agree 100%, but you got people ITT treating the guy like a huge scumbag and tut-tut'ing at him for behaving in ways that are acceptable and not out of the norm in ATL and other places he's visited. You have to be a prude or some kind of self-absorbed to look down your nose at other peoples because they don't pass your morality test. Maybe realize some people do shit differently and they're all okay with it and keep the demonizing to yourself? (Not literally you, ishibear)

Morality has nothing to do with it honey.

It's the same kind of argument we here when women say we hate being hit on by strangers or catcalled. "But some girls like it". That's cool, they can like it all they want. That doesn't mean I should. If more people treated women like individuals instead of a hive mind, there would be no need for these discussions.

Samara

I would not allow anyone to grind on me. (and I am Caribbean) Approach with caution if your looking to do it. Don't just straight up go to it like a humping dog. I doubt people here are mostly dancehall partygoers hence the reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom