• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

haha thanks to gazza i found my sentry gloves from the boss under the extraction at dz3

Nice! I got Nomads there earlier too when we were in the DZ. Does that complete a set for you now? How did the RNG treat the stats on the gloves?

Some good games tonight with you and Chaf, never completed CM so quick. Clocked Lexington at around 9 minutes. I was left 3 PxC after buying the Aug and already back at 450+ :)

EL CUCO

That was a pretty epic/dynamic match, nice.

But it was kind of painful seeing you being held back by that analog stick ;P.
Lol thanks. It was a fun fight

Just watched my buddy slay 4 players with one sticky bomb at the extraction. Pretty sure those guys are trading the game in tomorrow.

More DZ tryhards than normal tonight. I guess it's Friday and the kiddies can stay up late. Yuck. Just about at DZ56. I should hit 75 by the time Division 3 launches.

Anyone got a link to a breakdown of the gear sets and which ones are best? I have almost 400 PC, might as well save up for something I guess.

Cels

i hit 30 last weekend and started the week in mostly purples so i'm pretty happy with where i am right now:

PHSEIaj.jpg

on the advice of someone here i bought the mp5 blueprint. i crafted just the one seen there and have been using it, but the talents aren't that good.

nothing good has been dropping in missions or DZ. haven't found a HE backpack yet, is buying the level 203 one for 550 PC worth it?

i was thinking of maybe going for one of the set blueprints.

whats the strategy for completing this falcon excursion thing?

we have no idea what to do.

It's horde mode with 15 waves of enemies, getting harder each wave. At the 4th, 8th, 11th and final wave there will be an elite enemy that has a bomb, you must kill him and take the bomb to plant on the APC at the back of the room - that's the only way to damage it.

It's a team based activity so stay together, communicate and focus fire on the enemies to bring them down quickly. Prioritize the shotgunners, drones and medics. Watch out for snipers and grenadiers.

The APC will also spam mortar fire every minute so you have to keep on dodging that as it will one-shot you.

Wolfe

on the advice of someone here i bought the mp5 blueprint. i crafted just the one seen there and have been using it, but the talents aren't that good.

nothing good has been dropping in missions or DZ. haven't found a HE backpack yet, is buying the level 203 one for 550 PC worth it?

i was thinking of maybe going for one of the set blueprints.

Especially coming from a low def purple backpack I think that one in the BoO atm is worth it. Not only does it have my favorite backpack talent (Specialized: adds 13.5% of firearms and stamina to skill power, as mine is always lacking) but it has +armor and added ammo capacity along with a slot. I was thinking of buying it myself to replace my current HE backpack lol.

It's horde mode with 15 waves of enemies, getting harder each wave. At the 4th, 8th, 11th and final wave there will be an elite enemy that has a bomb, you must kill him and take the bomb to plant on the APC at the back of the room - that's the only way to damage it.

It's a team based activity so stay together, communicate and focus fire on the enemies to bring them down quickly. Prioritize the shotgunners, drones and medics. Watch out for snipers and grenadiers.

The APC will also spam mortar fire every minute so you have to keep on dodging that as it will one-shot you.

Lol I haven't tried the incursion yet cos of all this sounds terrifying

Lol I haven't tried the incursion yet cos of all this sounds terrifying

It's really not, at least not on hard difficulty. Challenging is another story lol

Get a pre-made team where everyone can communicate, and mix and match skills to complement team based plays. There are ways to cheese it like hiding in the underground tunnel to avoid the mortar fire. It's a sureshot way to get some gear sets though.

ch4fx_

Some good games tonight with you and Chaf, never completed CM so quick. Clocked Lexington at around 9 minutes. I was left 3 PxC after buying the Aug and already back at 450+ :)

Always good games man.

Good decision on the AUG tonight, I can't believe how we were tearing through shit like it was literally nothing. I hope we keep seeing more quality items like this pop up for sale.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This AUG with my 4x Sentury and 2x Striker really tears shit up.

If only that M1A had balanced. I need to replace this balanced M1A with something!

vivftp

so is the 204 ACR bp good?

Yeah I'm wondering this as well. I have my so-so 163 AK-74 that I haven't used in a while, and wouldn't mind having a better assault rifle option if I want to go SMG/Assault instead of SMG/Sniper.

I've heard one or two good thigns on the ACR, but can't say if it's worth it. I'll have to get another 50-60k in DZ funds to buy it, which more or less means likely won't be able to afford next weeks offerings if there is anything good - unless I do a LOT more DZ grinding than I have.

Hopefully someone who has one can chime in.

MildSoss

After watching streamer iamchappie last night talk about the death of tanks and the rise of the DPS monsters, I tried running around the DZ today with 50,000 health(instead of 80) and 250,000 DPS (instead of 200). Was squishy as fuck but also melted a team of 4 rogues like a hot knife through butter. Will upload the clip later.
Its no wonder we kept seeing your name pop up so much each time you got revived in the dz. Pretty sure my group ran into yours tonight. lol

vivftp

I'm pretty happy with my current load-out for the DZ. 220k DPS with 65k Health along with 4 Striker and 2 Sentry armors, I'm finding I'm able to do a decent enough amount of damage to any AI enemy, and other Agents, if the need arises.

Just gotta keep grinding away in hopes of getting better gear so I can take on the CM Incursion.

BTW, can anyone confirm if the Self-Preserved stat on guns will work when fighting other agents? My old Aug I crafted had it, but I've given it up in favor of one that gave me a higher DPS.

Also, finally platinum'd this damned game tonight. Took forever to hunt down rogue agents, but fortunately some poor soul was kind enough to go rogue on me and paid the price for his betrayal :)

Finally, while browsing Reddit I noticed that in some cases rogues are wall breaching into buildings or out of bounds to run out their timers. It didn't even click for me earlier, but I ran into someone doing that earlier tonight and couldn't figure out how to get to him. I eventually gave up thinking there was a glitch or some odd lag.

TsuWave

progression in this game is so weird. you shouldn't be able to craft power level 32 items (mods) worse than power level 31 items

vivftp

progression in this game is so weird. you shouldn't be able to craft power level 32 items (mods) worse than power level 31 items

Agreed. If there were one thing I'd kill to have from Destiny, it'd be the infusion process. If you have a low level 163 item that you absolutely love but can't use because it'll make you too weak, then just infuse that 240 useless item into it and presto! At least the friggin' phoenix credits would get more use with something like that.

Also wouldn't mind a materials/currency conversion option. 10-15 phoenix credits for 1 HE material would be amazing. Or 5 PC for 5,000 normal credits.

So I dismantled my 15x zoom HE awesome scope for my M1A by mistake :-(.

Anyone know if it's possible to buy a blueprint or a vendor that sells a 15x zoom scope?

k1t4j

Does anyone want to grind some PC? I want to buy the aug and the m1a.

I am on Xbox One, my GS is 183 at the moment.

Nodnol

Hey guys and girls.

I took a break prior to the Incursion update and have just popped back on.

I've done the weekly task, and been picking up bits and pieces daily, but what's the best way to get your GS up now?

Also, the Special Gear Vendor...is 204 the highest for weapons? I want that SOCOM M1A!

deadduck

So, was fighting a group of well stacked rogues this morning, for quite some time. I died alot.

However I noticed I'd spawn, get near them (even a block away) and while they were fighting others I would often have the sentry mark on me, without being anywhere near me, have a line of sight or even know I'm there.

This happened over and over. I know sentry is natively broken (should really activate on assault and sniper rifles) but are there any bugs where random people get marked????

-----

Taking out 6/8 rogues in a super group while one other guy gets the other two is a great feeling.

GazzaGSi

Always good games man.

Good decision on the AUG tonight, I can't believe how we were tearing through shit like it was literally nothing. I hope we keep seeing more quality items like this pop up for sale.

Yup, certainly think my mp5 will take a backseat now. At first I was abit unsure but after several Lexington runs it's definitely my number 1 primary now.

Agree about the quality items. Ok so the talents may not be perfect but it's a perfect substitute if you're not ranked high enough for the blueprint or have excessive materials to craft a God roll. It's certainly a decent week for the BoO vendor and would be nice to see more in the coming weeks just with a talent or 2 compromised so there's still the incentive to work for the blueprint if you want a perfect roll.

bs000

Carry 3 man group of lowbies to end of Lexington CM. Get kicked after pretty much soloing boss. Such garbage. I just wanted some phoenix credits before going to bed.

Mullah88

Nice! I got Nomads there earlier too when we were in the DZ. Does that complete a set for you now? How did the RNG treat the stats on the gloves?

i needed it to be stamina but it came with a high firearms (600) GS191 so i rolled a striker knee pads from the blue prints and re-calibrated that to stamina.

I which we had loadouts, i wouldnt mind paying for that option. as of now im geared towards pve

82k health (2900 stamina)
dps jumps around, not too fussed about that (firearm 2700)
still using my trusted GS182 navy mp5 (brutal, destructive, vicious)
65% armor mit.
55% crit hit chance
140% crit damage
33% elite or named enemy armor damage
55% enemy armor damage
35% health on kill (i love this one here lol, fills up a bar after each kill)

all i can do now is min max with the calibration table or hope for higher GS gear piece, but im more than satisfied with this build

Iceman829

Hey guys and girls.

I took a break prior to the Incursion update and have just popped back on.

I've done the weekly task, and been picking up bits and pieces daily, but what's the best way to get your GS up now?

Also, the Special Gear Vendor...is 204 the highest for weapons? I want that SOCOM M1A!

Don't buy the M1A the roll isn't a great one. If you like smgs the aug is a better pickup

GazzaGSi

i needed it to be stamina but it came with a high firearms (600) GS191 so i rolled a striker knee pads from the blue prints and re-calibrated that to stamina.

I which we had loadouts, i wouldnt mind paying for that option. as of now im geared towards pve

82k health (2900 stamina)
dps jumps around, not too fussed about that (firearm 2700)
still using my trusted GS182 navy mp5 (brutal, destructive, vicious)
65% armor mit.
55% crit hit chance
140% crit damage
33% elite or named enemy armor damage
55% enemy armor damage
35% health on kill (i love this one here lol, fills up a bar after each kill)

all i can do now is min max with the calibration table or hope for higher GS gear piece, but im more than satisfied with this build

Nice! And I'll echo the health on kill. Quite an overlooked feature by afew but saved my ass afew times when the screens flashing red, you're almost down and you kill an on rushing enemy.

Your build sounds sweet and I've thought about how beneficial loadouts would be as well. I have to change nearly all my gear and gear mods when going in to the DZ compared to running CM, would be so handy to just switch loadout similar to COD classes so you haven't got to waste time changing everything over.

Hjod

Banned
I don't know if I really heard an NPC say "I'm going to take your fucking beanie" while shooting at me. Am I dreaming?

How do you guys have so many credits?

I had 300 last night and bough some HE mod BPs to allow me to meet the talent criteria on my weapons. How the hell am I gonna manage to get 800+ for this Aug >.<

Is there a substantial difference between say the 163 weapons and 180/200 odd ones?

I had 300 last night and bough some HE mod BPs to allow me to meet the talent criteria on my weapons. How the hell am I gonna manage to get 800+ for this Aug >.<

Is there a substantial difference between say the 163 weapons and 180/200 odd ones?

Steam-roll through CMs and do the dailies.

Lexington CM can be done in 12-15 minutes.

EDIT: Also check the rewards vendor, you should have 150 PC there if you played last weekend.

DarKshodaN

Just farm Lexington, it takes only 10-14 Minutes with a good Team, and you get 30PC every Time you complete it.

Still alot grind but it's doable.

Edit: beaten

Just farm Lexington, it takes only 10-14 Minutes with a good Team, and you get 30PC every Time you complete it.

Still alot grind but it's doable.

Edit: beaten

Steam-roll through CMs and do the dailies.

Lexington CM can be done in 12-15 minutes.

EDIT: Also check the rewards vendor, you should have 150 PC there if you played last weekend.

Thanks will do.

I did play last weekend im sure but there's nothing there for me :/

Hopefully it's just glitched and I get some lucky drops from the CM's.

GazzaGSi

As said farming Lexington is a great way. Lincoln tunnel isn't too bad but I prefer Lexington with the enemies being in a more constricted/confined space so they can be drilled alot quicker. If you're in a good squad you can literally kill every wave when they spawn at a door. Chuck a shock grenade down just before the door opens and they're easy pickings. Even better if you have the gear set that increases damage 1% with every hit upto 100% because with them all rushing through 1 door you can just spray and be at that 100% modifier in no time.

tosu

Neo Member
Finally got sentry gloves off a supply drop! Completes my 4 sentry/2 striker gear. The gloves have crit chance, dmg to elites and marksman dmg. I usually use an AR and a SMG because I'm not good with marksman rifles. Should I reroll the marksman dmg to AR/SMG dmg or crit dmg?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dont buy the 32 level gun mod blueprints apparently they are barely an improvement over the level 31s.

Top Bottom