• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Put initial bullet stability mods and it's fine. It melts in PVP.

Gonna need to try that, been running a horizontal stability on it as it kicks to the right. Thanks.

You want to get balanced on it basically.

Yeah don't think I've got that.

On another note I'm finally fully HE geared and able
to knock out the CM's (Although I struggle in pugs on Warrengate)

GS wise I'm in the 170's now, is the only way to get higher by getting the HE DZ blueprints or can I just keep knocking out incursion hard and mission CM's?

KDR_11k

They need to fix LMGs and make them suppressive fire beasts or something. Their current state is just out of place. Give them a bipod attachment and box mag and let people fire them while posted up to suppress enemies or other agents rushing them. It would make the game into a cover shooter again maybe even give mobile cover a purpose other than for glitching.
lol who am I kidding

I like their negative accuracy loss on sustained fire as a distinguishing feature but their raw DPS is simply too low and they seem to have a fairly short range too despite being theoretically able to hit at longer ranges than other full-auto attacks. Oddly I'm getting the highest range readouts on the character screen when using an SMG instead of an AR or LMG, that should definitely be the other way around. Though don't most games have trouble balancing LMGs in a way that doesn't just make them worse ARs or SMGs?

theWB27

Primary and Secondary guns = 204
Sidearm = 182
Chest, Kneepads, Backpack, Holster = 214
Mask and Gloves = 240

What kind of talents you running on the guns? I have Brutal on both and I think that kicks it up alot.

My vector has deadly, brutal and capable unlocked. Mp5 has brutal and destructive unlocked. M44 has balanced, brutal and deadly. All those and side arm are 182.

Striker chest is 214
Sentry mask is 214 with 2 mod slots
214 striker knee (901 armor)
240 striker backpack
191 striker gloves
240 tactician holster

OBWJ3EG.png

Archpath1

Lmgs are tough, even when you get the good talents, the guns are still mediocre at best
Dmg is low
But you get hammered for sticking out of cover just trying to unload your whole magazine

Maybe like a increase armor while firing with cover

KDR_11k

Lmgs are tough, even when you get the good talents, the guns are still mediocre at best
Dmg is low
But you get hammered for sticking out of cover just trying to unload your whole magazine

IMO they should have very high raw DPS but be clunkier to use than other weapons (like requiring cover to be able to hit anything or so), LMGs with low DPS just don't work in a game where the biggest threat is enemies simply running at you and absorbing a lot of fire before going down. I mean, suppressive fire is supposed to prevent people from charging you but in this game it's the opposite, suppression doesn't work on enemies that have left cover and are charging.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My vector has deadly, brutal and capable unlocked. Mp5 has brutal and destructive unlocked. M44 has balanced, brutal and deadly. All those and side arm are 182.

Striker chest is 214
240 striker backpack
191 striker gloves
240 tactician holster

OBWJ3EG.png

Thats kinda puzzling. Do you have many Accuracy mods on the weapons?

jamesdbc

Neo Member

Sorry to butt in but I'm willing to bet your gloves don't have crit damage/chance and smg damage? Makes a huge difference to DPS.

Also, are you getting any crit chance/damage from your mask/backpack/kneepads?

Crit/headshot damage from magazine, sight and muzzle helps a lot too.

I've got 120k DPS with only ~1000 firearms so I'm thinking it must be crit chance/damage related.

Hjod

Banned
Seriously, fuck the shotgunners in the Incursion. And I got kicked haha. I'm never going to finish a Incursion.

theWB27

Thats kinda puzzling. Do you have many Accuracy mods on the weapons?

Extended mags with crit damage mostly.

@James

Yea I've had builds with higher dps. My main gripe is when I see people with both high dps and health.

My health always tanks when I get my dps high. I'll try and find some better gloves though.

Sober

Dmg is low

Here's the best strategy to using an LMG:

Don't. Disassemble it and put the materials from it towards crafting an SMG, because Massive is probably never going to rebalance the weapon meta. Or the entire combat model.

Striker chest is 214
240 striker backpack
191 striker gloves
240 tactician holster

OBWJ3EG.png

I guess I just don't get how gear score works in this game. You have some high score gear while I have mostly 182/163 stuff and I have more armor and higher stats in all 3 categories.

It seems like all the higher gear score stuff I find is complete garbage compared to what I already have.

theWB27

More than anything my stat problem is pushing me towards quiting. Head to head my character just sucks. Makes it worse knowing my gear isn't that bad.

Hunting rogues just now. I throw down a shock turret and I get shocked. Sigh.

@VE3TRO

I will whenever I get back on tonight. If you guys get on I could run also.

@fuzzy
Imagine how much hidden dps people have along with their actual dps ; )

I know it's not the end all stat, but right now my character is great at support or sneak attacks. I'd like to be ok when it's head to head also.

fuzzyset

Remember that the DPS stat is still really misleading. I have the 2 striker bonus and the armor destruction talent which is basically another 40k DPS but that doesn't show up. (At least I'm pretty sure it doesn't). There are a lot of things like that in the game.

Edit @wb yeah definitely, but the DPS calculation makes some assumptions that maybe or may not be true. Basically headshot % and accuracy. We need a DPS meter to out our minds at ease.

MildSoss

Is this towards my build?

Yes, just 'cause some thing is of higher gear score doesn't mean you should stick it on your character if it has bad stats. Is there a reason why you have a tactician piece on there instead of another sentry to proc the 20% extra head damage bonus?

theWB27

Yes, just 'cause some thing is of higher gear score doesn't mean you should stick it on your character if it has bad stats. Is there a reason why you have a tactician piece on there instead of another sentry to proc the 20% extra head damage bonus?

Because it tanks my health. Or did you skip that part in my posts? I said I've been able to get high dps in the past, but it's been at the cost of my health and armor.

I couldn't care less about my gear score. I know it means nothing.

I have a sentry chest piece that would drop my health by a good 15-20k and my armor a good 10%. Would you equip it anyway just for that damage? I don't. Not worth it.

MildSoss

Because it tanks my health. Or did you skip that part in my posts? I said I've been able to get high dps in the past, but it's been at the cost of my health and armor.

I couldn't care less about my gear score. I know it means nothing.

I have a sentry chest piece that would drop my health by a good 15-20k and my armor a good 10%. Would you equip it anyway just for that damage? I don't. Not worth it.

Can't you re-roll the main stat for stamina though? If not drop the striker piece and roll a good reckless one with stamina as the main stat for now till you find a good piece. Honestly i find the 3rd perk unlock on the striker kind of useless.

fuzzyset

Yeah that's why we need a DPS meter. I sacrificed a good bit of "DPS" "health" to activate the talents on the Caduceus since it needs the spread among all three. I think it's worth it in end? But idk. I can basically perma pulse and smart cover so I think it makes up for lack of stam and firearms. I could spreadsheet it but that's too much effort.

theWB27

OBWJ3EG.png

oPxSq5V.png

That's what happens when I put that vest on. I lied, it's almost 30k drop.

I've already rolled these and the available stats aren't worth trying again.

Honestly, I see bigger difference in my defense than my offense with these other builds.

Lol nice work.

PvP in this game is hilarious though when you watch it.
All game mechanics fly out the window, and everyone just rolls around shooting each other at point blank range.

12yndn.jpg

Could not be more accurate.

Except I'm the guy shooting dude in the face in the second image, but that guy will still end up killing because holy damn dark zone is quite the shit show.

e: And now I've been reminded of DLC releases in the future. Those are probably just gonna fuck up PVP even more.

pathos11

Rough afternoon for me. Did my first incursion and got the bug where it Delta'd me every minute. Restarted and tried again and we wiped on wave 15. Tried once more and we wiped on 11.

Then tried to do Lincoln Tunnel a few times but could never get it to start.

Bummer all the way around.

1359 Gunslinger Vest with Robust talent, 513 Firearms, 41% ammo and 2 mod slots also at the BoO for 139 PC.

Should be rather useful for folks struggling to max out Armor Mitigation.

EL CUCO

Pushing close to 200k DPS now with the new AUG compared to the 170k I was doing on the 204 Vector, without messing with new gear.

K7CprOO.gif

Jorav

So I went rogue and couldn't be bothered waiting for the timer to go out and wanted out of the DZ so I see that using the mobile cover you can glitch to the checkpoint and remove your rogue status.....game is sooo bugged haha

Top Bottom