• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Mullah88

Finally got sentry gloves off a supply drop! Completes my 4 sentry/2 striker gear. The gloves have crit chance, dmg to elites and marksman dmg. I usually use an AR and a SMG because I'm not good with marksman rifles. Should I reroll the marksman dmg to AR/SMG dmg or crit dmg?

is it better to have 4 sentry/2 striker or 4 strikers/2 sentry? which one is more beneficial?

currently have them split 3 strikers/3 sentry

GazzaGSi

is it better to have 4 sentry/2 striker or 4 strikers/2 sentry? which one is more beneficial?

currently have them split 3 strikers/3 sentry

I run 4 striker, the striker Talent from 4 pieces absolutely rips especially with virtually no kick back from the Aug every shot is hitting so that 100% modifier is soon at max meaning 100% on top of what you hit for standard.

I run 2 sentry also. 3 would be nice for the 20% elite damage but afew of my rolls have elite damage in them as well as a weapon talent so that's why I went 4/2 in favour of the striker gear rather than a 3/3 gear set up. Most of the time my striker Talent is active so I'll be doing more damage than the 20% to elites offered from running a 3/3 combo.

ChrisW

Getting a bit fed up now... Getting crap DZ boss drops, spent about 10 hours in in two days killing upwards of 50+ bosses, 6/7 supply drops and countless chests and didn't get a single thing that was decent or an improvement. It's been two days of grinding DZ and all i've managed to do is get some extra PC's and get rank up from 49 to 53...

I just want to complete my sentry gear set :( and get an M1A with balanced

ch4fx_

How do you guys have so many credits?

I had 300 last night and bough some HE mod BPs to allow me to meet the talent criteria on my weapons. How the hell am I gonna manage to get 800+ for this Aug >.<

Don't neglect your dailies either, the phoenix credits you get from them add up quickly.

Be sure to run both hard missions & the CM for that day + the Lexington farm others have mentioned, you should be at 800 within a few days. Plus, any DZ05/06 boss you kill will drop between 3-5 & 5-7 px credits respectively.

Fistwell

Getting a bit fed up now... Getting crap DZ boss drops, spent about 10 hours in in two days killing upwards of 50+ bosses, 6/7 supply drops and countless chests and didn't get a single thing that was decent or an improvement. It's been two days of grinding DZ and all i've managed to do is get some extra PC's and get rank up from 49 to 53...

I just want to complete my sentry gear set :( and get an M1A with balanced
Do incursion instead?

ChrisW

Do incursion instead?
Takes too long, and often people aren't that great at doing it and will just run off and die meaning it's a wasted effort + I've done it this week meaning I would only get one gear set drop and the game seems to love giving me tactitions gear.

Sabotage

Me so far... blew my pxc on that Aug...

GT GmanM1

Screenshot-Original_zps995ijzv0.png

Don't neglect your dailies either, the phoenix credits you get from them add up quickly.

Be sure to run both hard missions & the CM for that day + the Lexington farm others have mentioned, you should be at 800 within a few days. Plus, any DZ05/06 boss you kill will drop between 3-5 & 5-7 px credits respectively.

Cheers.

I think where I've been going wrong is that I've been farming Lincoln tunnel instead!

How long are the items around for? 7 days from today?

Mullah88

I run 4 striker, the striker Talent from 4 pieces absolutely rips especially with virtually no kick back from the Aug every shot is hitting so that 100% modifier is soon at max meaning 100% on top of what you hit for standard.

I run 2 sentry also. 3 would be nice for the 20% elite damage but afew of my rolls have elite damage in them as well as a weapon talent so that's why I went 4/2 in favour of the striker gear rather than a 3/3 gear set up. Most of the time my striker Talent is active so I'll be doing more damage than the 20% to elites offered from running a 3/3 combo.

see i ran that before but theres no indication when its active, the hit numbers now show up in a greyish white and the yellow crit hit is that it? unlike the sentry that has the blue icon to show its activated

EL CUCO

The incursion really is not fun, you just sit in that pit the whole time?
It's alot more fun when you dont run it from the pit. We usually just go there for the missile barrage after planting and take care of the waves from the right side of the room. Plenty of stuff coming at you there to keep everyone moving.

GazzaGSi

see i ran that before but theres no indication when its active, the hit numbers now show up in a greyish white and the yellow crit hit is that it? unlike the sentry that has the blue icon to show its activated

Striker has a blue icon below your special skill where the explosives rounds icon is when in use/cooldown.
Try it at the shooting range and after afew shots the icon will appear.
You can see the blue increase as shots are hit and decrease if shots are missed.

Mullah88

Striker has a blue icon below your special skill where the explosives rounds icon is when in use/cooldown.
Try it at the shooting range and after afew shots the icon will appear.
You can see the blue increase as shots are hit and decrease if shots are missed.

saw that at the shooting range but during PVE, its not proc'n

It's alot more fun when you dont run it from the pit. We usually just go there for the missile barrage after planting and take care of the waves from the right side of the room. Plenty of stuff coming at you there to keep everyone moving.

Ah I see, problem is a lot more team working is needed compared to the CM's. Tried the incursion twice with randoms after smashing through CM's all day and didn't make it past wave 8!

ronco2000

Dark Zone finally broke me, I have a low armor score, but high enough to get screwed, 165. So I'm top tier bracket going vs armor score 190+ and I can't even put a dent in people but they can 2 shot me down hard. Especially since its usually a group of 4 vs me who rolls solo.

Last night for me was the worst, I was just rolling around going from boss to boss and group of 4 sees me walking past them and BAM I'm down and they are clapping over my dead body as I respawn. This took place 4 times, I had no gear nothing to extract and they just kept on killing me just to fuck with my dark zone level. Was at 62 but dropped to 61 from them. I think I'm finished with this game till they add more dark zone brackets. Because I'm so far behind groups who cheese I have no chance anymore.

Dude, group up with other people. Solo in DZ is asking for trouble.

120v

accidently brought my GS above 160 lastnight and decided to just roll with it since it's inevitable

what a rude awakening

They need to lower the cost of recalibrating set gear. Why does it cost 3x a normal HE? I knew I should have used that credit glitch while I could.

Took a shot and ran the incursion(hard) with randoms(mm) last night on Xbox and we finished in about 35-40 minutes, I've never actually done it legit before but seemed simple with teamwork in the pit. Everyone calling out where enemies are and I just laid down an overdose in the center for others to run through. Basically had 100% uptime on it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
As an FYI for those that bought he AUG.

Disable the One is None skill as it causes the Meticulous talent to not work.
Meticulous is way better for DZ clearing.

Question that I cant find answer for.

How often do the contaminated zone chests respawn in the dark zone? The chests that don't require a key, but have to be dz level 30.

oSoLucky

I'm at 64.33% armor, 86k health, 12% exotic damage resilience. A guy with an AUG turned me into roadkill through defensive super in less than 2 seconds using explosive rounds.

Please realize that the reason you're getting flattened in the DZ isn't because every other agent is a GS 220 exploiter with God rolled weapons and perfect 240 armor.

Me and 3 friends went on a 106-2 tear across 5 manhunts(literally everyone except for the initial 2 or 3 for each Rogue timer were hunting us, we didn't go chase down people in DZ01) and after reset, we all farmed 300+ PXC for the AUG, which was a 30 to 50k increase for everyone. This weapon is literally available to everyone yet we were getting called out as cheaters all day.

As it turns out, sometimes you just get annihilated by people who PvP a lot more than you and are properly specced/built.

P.S. Turribulls(PSN) if you're on GAF, I want revenge. 1v1 me bro.

Edit: If you die repeatedly to a group then it's your own fault. After getting steamrolled, I test the waters maybe 1 more time. If I die again, those players will never see me again. It takes about 2 minutes to fast travel to another point or transfer. We killed one guy 18 times who kept coming after us 1v5 or 1v3.

TsuWave

Dont buy the 32 level gun mod blueprints apparently they are barely an improvement over the level 31s.

yup, that was the reason for this post:

progression in this game is so weird. you shouldn't be able to craft power level 32 items (mods) worse than power level 31 items

i took the bullet early yesterday and advised all my friends to not spend their DZ credits on ilevel 32 weapon mods. now reports are coming through that max difference on the high end between ilevel 31 and ilevel 32 weapon mods is barely %2.5. what a joke.

also with gear mods, you will often roll ilevel 32 mods with stats lower than ilevel 31. what the fuck massive? i've never seen anything like this, decent game design should dictate that max ilevel 31 items should be the minimum roll for ilevel 32 items, even if the max possible roll wasn't that big/much of a jump, we would at least be able to call it "progression"

Maximus P

Dark Zone finally broke me, I have a low armor score, but high enough to get screwed, 165. So I'm top tier bracket going vs armor score 190+ and I can't even put a dent in people but they can 2 shot me down hard. Especially since its usually a group of 4 vs me who rolls solo.

Last night for me was the worst, I was just rolling around going from boss to boss and group of 4 sees me walking past them and BAM I'm down and they are clapping over my dead body as I respawn. This took place 4 times, I had no gear nothing to extract and they just kept on killing me just to fuck with my dark zone level. Was at 62 but dropped to 61 from them. I think I'm finished with this game till they add more dark zone brackets. Because I'm so far behind groups who cheese I have no chance anymore.

I've had the exact same experience many of times. The dudes that kill me will often also run to the nearest Dz entrance too and kill me again.Often clapping or starjumping on your dead body.

I know the point of the DZ is to steal other peoples shit, i have no problem with getting ganked while I'm running around with visible loot ( well, i do...but i understand why they do it), but this game really does have some massive dick heads playing that will fuck up your shit and rub your face in it.

I kinda wish there were talents that can effect your running speed . I'd focus all my talents on it so i could stay away from these groups.

I'm a level 17 agent. Last night I played a few missions with some level 30 friends on hard difficulty. it consisted of me sniping from afar, getting knocked down, getting revived, rinse, repeat. They claimed that I should level up easily by playing these missions with them, but I've noticed that this is not the case. Am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom