• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Iceman829

I'm a level 17 agent. Last night I played a few missions with some level 30 friends on hard difficulty. it consisted of me sniping from afar, getting knocked down, getting revived, rinse, repeat. They claimed that I should level up easily by playing these missions with them, but I've noticed that this is not the case. Am I doing something wrong?

It takes about 5-6 hrs to power level someone if you have a team just working towards that. They should run through all of the story missions you need to complete on hard. Once that is over have them unlock all of the safe houses for you. They can teleport to them and then you can warp in and unlock all the side missions on the map. Once that is over if they spread out to complete random side missions you will get the credit for completing them (any xp or BoO upgrade points).

When running the missions just sit in cover in the back where you get credit from the kills, but can't get hit. If you are dead you get no xp for any kills.

Finally beat the incursion on medium! I got two gear set items, one for completing he mission and one dropped from the APC. So what's the deal with this weekly reward I hear about, if I do it again now I'll only get one gear set item?

It takes about 5-6 hrs to power level someone if you have a team just working towards that. They should run through all of the story missions you need to complete on hard. Once that is over have them unlock all of the safe houses for you. They can teleport to them and then you can warp in and unlock all the side missions on the map. Once that is over if they spread out to complete random side missions you will get the credit for completing them (any xp or BoO upgrade points).

When running the missions just sit in cover in the back where you get credit from the kills, but can't get hit. If you are dead you get no xp for any kills.

Thanks for the response. It sounds like my expectations may have been set too high as well. I thought I would go up like 1-2 levels every mission with them from the way they were talking.

GazzaGSi

Thanks for the response. It sounds like my expectations may have been set too high as well. I thought I would go up like 1-2 levels every mission with them from the way they were talking.

It also helps having gear equipped that gives increased XP per kill. When I needed to level quick in the DZ I was getting almost double per kill and again, even more in a group and quicker.

Iceman829

Early on you would jump up quickly. The main thing to do now is complete all the missions. Max out at 30 and max out the 3 wings of the BoO

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hey Ice sorry I didn't join you earlier. XBL seems to be screwed up tonight with Social and Gaming having issues. :(

Iceman829

Hey Ice sorry I didn't join you earlier. XBL seems to be screwed up tonight with Social and Gaming having issues. :(

I'll be back on around reset if you want to group up for anything. I ran a couple of CMs to work my way to buying that AUG. Still about 200 away

Oh great, I got a 99k DPS AK-74. I modded it and got it to 209k DPS. I equip it... 171k. Wtf. Seriously, fuck this.

And I got a level 163 chest piece with 1,200k armor, so weird.

cakely

Got the platinum today, after getting my last two rogue kills.

The Division can be infuriatingly bad sometimes, but clearly it had enough draw for me to put in all those hours.

Taking a break for a long while, I hope they manage to right the ship before it goes down.

ch4fx_

Have room for 2 on PS4 if anyone wants to join up. We can help farm CMs for px creds, or roam the DZ for XP.

Gear score is irrelevant, anyone is welcome.

EDIT - room for 1

Kadin

I have the same issue with my navy mp5, modded and equiped it gives me 191k, if I highlight it in the inventory menu it states 220k.
I'm to the point where I really don't look at all at dps. I'll look at talents first and foremost and then I'll give the weapon a go at the shooting range to see how they feel - that's it.

Archpath1

Yes I don't look at dps , too much inflation from other stats

I look at the mods, hit the firing range, and just test numbers til I like what I see

Olengie

Got the platinum today, after getting my last two rogue kills.

The Division can be infuriatingly bad sometimes, but clearly it had enough draw for me to put in all those hours.

Taking a break for a long while, I hope they manage to right the ship before it goes down.

Now you can look forward to the DLC trophies. <|3

I rage quit just now. I don't know wtf happened to the game, but my friends and I were literally getting slammed, two or three shots and we're down. And rogues everywhere, out of nowhere. This is not fun at all.

Wolfe

I had 1000 PCs. There was nothing I really wanted. So I just bought the Socom M1A.

I was a little excited when I saw that, higher damage, higher headshot dmg %, but then of course the talents on my 163 Socom M1A are a decent amount better imo.

Edit: Have they said why the dailies have been repeating constantly?

EL CUCO

163 HE drops might be "trash" but I found me a Navy MP5 with brutal, vicious, and skilled that I use in the DZ exclusively when I need to get my Ult back up. Only takes about 4 or 5 NPC kills.

Olengie

I was a little excited when I saw that, higher damage, higher headshot dmg %, but then of course the talents on my 163 Socom M1A are a decent amount better imo.

Edit: Have they said why the dailies have been repeating constantly?

Needed to spend my useless PC

So, apparently the "Protection from Elites" perk does the exact opposite and works against you meaning Elites do more damage to the player. Yikes.

Edit: Not 100% confirmed but if you are using the Protection from Elites perk on armor you should test it for yourself as this may be another Reckless situation but this time working against players.

Wolfe

Needed to spend my useless PC

Yeah I hear ya, especially with how this game has so many layers of RNG you have to take your upgrades where you can get them. I'm contemplating picking up the backpack over the AUG now as I typically run with an AR anyway and I've been trying to craft a backpack with that talent for a while now.

Should I buy the Socom M1A or the Aug Para XS from the special gear vendor?

Depends on what the bigger upgrade is I guess.

163 HE drops might be "trash" but I found me a Navy MP5 with brutal, vicious, and skilled that I use in the DZ exclusively when I need to get my Ult back up. Only takes about 4 or 5 NPC kills.

I'm far from overlooking 163s yet, not nearly geared enough lol. I still typically use my 163 Socom over my 182 M44 as it is.

Bizazedo

So, apparently the "Protection from Elites" perk does the exact opposite and works against you meaning Elites do more damage to the player. Yikes.

Edit: Not 100% confirmed but if you are using the Protection from Elites perk on armor you should test it for yourself as this may be another Reckless situation but this time working against players.
Come the fuck on.

Stuff like this....not just one thing here or there, but cumulatively, has just killed my interest in this game.

h0tp0ck3t

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...d_confirmed_protection_from_elites_increases/

Seemingly not 100% confirmed and my build does not currently have any Protection from Elites so I can't test it but if you are using it as a minor/major component of a build I would surely check it out as unfortunately I would not be surprised if it really is true.

FFS. I was one hit killed by a boss in DZ5 and just assumed I wasn't geared up enough to take on level 32 guys but considering I have this on two armor pieces I'm inclined to believe you

darkwing

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
so i came back to the game today cuz i had an itch to kill people in the DZ, and I had some fun, but man am I just completely out of stuff to do

really hoping this May patch is the messiah and we are actually encouraged to kill any and every mob for phat lootz and other shit

LOL @ protection from elites actually causing more damage. Massive is just trolling us now with this stuff.

Also, did a supply drop today, got jack shit from the box but the named enemy dropped a Vest of the Nomad or some shit. Has a higher gear score but worse armor and stats than what I have. I guess I will dismantle or sell it and wait to buy the BP or something. What do you get for dismantling a gear set item?

darkwing

LOL @ protection from elites actually causing more damage. Massive is just trolling us now with this stuff.

Also, did a supply drop today, got jack shit from the box but the named enemy dropped a Vest of the Nomad or some shit. Has a higher gear score but worse armor and stats than what I have. I guess I will dismantle or sell it and wait to buy the BP or something. What do you get for dismantling a gear set item?

Just two yellow crafting mats

Top Bottom