• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

kriskrosbbk

On Xbox One when this happens you have to create a Party, have everyone in the group join the Party, have everyone in the in-game group leave the group, then invite party to game and it works.

Not sure if there is a similar method to use on PS4 but I would imagine so.

I am sure that there is a workaround but why.

ch4fx_

Long video covering the actual state of the game, by skill-up, arrekz, mtashed, byf and datto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXTjMSYPbbI

Commenting on ~32:00 mark..

I agree with this 100%, I was even talking about this in party chat last night. Yes, the game is realistic so there is no room for a Gjallarhorn, Lancer, or BFG type weapons.. but things have TOTALLY gone to shit. In a state of emergency situation the game presents, I dont think its unrealistic to think a private/secret government agency would have access to some pretty out of this world technology. One could argue that the skills & signature skills you have are said technology, but IMO -- fact of the matter is, they NEED guns/gear that stands out.. that cosmetically looks different.. that we remember beyond a description of "this is a 204 with crit hit chance/damage".

While watching the video, I got to thinking.. (& keep in mind I usually look on the bright/hopeful side of things) What if Massive actually somewhat
knows what theyre doing & has a plan
? Meaning... they know people are going to exploit the shit out of their game to get the best gear as quickly as possible, it happens in every loot based game. Its somewhat clear that we are playing this game in a "beta type" state, the game undeniably needs some work. WHAT IF they (Massive) are letting us find all the exploits & monitoring gameplay to find the "easiest/quickest way to obtain stuff" & they plan to release all the good stuff in the future once the exploits have been flushed out & they will
try to
make them harder to obtain based on the previous play habits collected.

You could easily counter my statement by saying the game has already been data mined.. so we already know whats in the game & what to expect (gear/weapons wise), so who knows. I say it quite often, but I REALLY like this game & want it to do well. Most of us have played the game enough to agree that theres a good game in there somewhere, I just hope Massive has the right plans in place to make sure it succeeds.

Macrotus

We are 4 people ready to enter ,noone is inside, two of us are constantly force respawning.

Maybe the 2 others that aren't getting ported did an attempt on the boss earlier before grouping up with the 2 who are getting teleported.

I've been in those situations where a full groups tries a few attempts then a few leaves.
The few left goes back up top to get more people, but those new people who joined can't enter the sewers, because they already did attempts on the boss.

In those situations, the group needs to completely disband and reset the instance which can be done by relogging. (not sure if theres any other way)

Mullah88

did they lower the incursion hard difficulty? seems a little bit too easy now compared to when it was released. completed the mode with only 3 players twice yesterday (fuck the constant tactician drop!)

did they lower the incursion hard difficulty? seems a little bit too easy now compared to when it was released. completed the mode with only 3 players twice yesterday (fuck the constant tactician drop!)

Wish I was in your situation :(. I've yet finish the incursion on hard, wiped a few times and I'm chasing that tactician set.

Edit: decided to go try some more. Got kicked a few times and got into one just for the door not opening. GG Massive for this introduction of "gear score"
/rant

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...d_confirmed_protection_from_elites_increases/

Seemingly not 100% confirmed and my build does not currently have any Protection from Elites so I can't test it but if you are using it as a minor/major component of a build I would surely check it out as unfortunately I would not be surprised if it really is true.

WHAT

THE

how did this happen ? i know that big games are complex but still , did nobody test this ?
NOBODY tested the skills or what ?

GazzaGSi

Damn that broken protection from elites stat is crazy. It's funny because I remember not long after 1.1 there was afew posts from people asking if enemies on Lincoln had received abit of a buff, maybe them players had gear with the broken stat or rolled it which is why they thought there had been an increase in difficulty. I thought after rolling my protection stats to crit stats I'd just become a beast but turns out I'd just got rid of the broken stats that would damage me more!

Massive really aren't helping themselves at this point. They can fire out quick hot fixes like the 4 HE drops from named elites, weapon talent stacks etc yet when something is damaging towards the player there's no rush to correct it.

Matush

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...d_confirmed_protection_from_elites_increases/

Seemingly not 100% confirmed and my build does not currently have any Protection from Elites so I can't test it but if you are using it as a minor/major component of a build I would surely check it out as unfortunately I would not be surprised if it really is true.
Christ, game is beyond broken. Massive's quote of the day is probably "one step forward and two steps back."

The1Ski

Damn that broken protection from elites stat is crazy. It's funny because I remember not long after 1.1 there was afew posts from people asking if enemies on Lincoln had received abit of a buff, maybe them players had gear with the broken stat or rolled it which is why they thought there had been an increase in difficulty. I thought after rolling my protection stats to crit stats I'd just become a beast but turns out I'd just got rid of the broken stats that would damage me more!

Massive really aren't helping themselves at this point. They can fire out quick hot fixes like the 4 HE drops from named elites, weapon talent stacks etc yet when something is damaging towards the player there's no rush to correct it.

I have protection from elites on most of my gear. I never rolled to get it but I also never rolled to change it. I guess I should have focused on major stats instead of ability stats.

I don't even want to log in to see what my protection from elites percentage is.

lol

Try setting up build around Protection from Elites -> Get killed more often -> Try rolling more Protection from Elites. The endless cycle some people were doing.

Hjod

Banned
I was happy with my protection from elites numbers haha. I was going to play all weekend but now I'm sick with a cold from hell so can't play. Damnit.

theWB27

Massive needs a double-triple xp weekend and a choice of either a super rare sidearm or main bp to up the player moral.

Players under 50 can get the triple xp. Players over get double.

Such an easy thing to do to try and get some players back for a bit. Cmon massive.

Wolfe

I can't deny that all these bugs and issues with the game is bringing me down a bit on it lol. Sucks to enjoy playing it yet at the same time unsure what to do atm since the grindyness of it is starting to get to me.

SlickVic

Just want to confirm does this game not officially support 7.1 audio? I set it up to home cinema and only get 5.1 on PC no rear speaker output.

Olengie

I can't bring myself to grind to DZ 90. Grinding to 50 before was a slog.

Besides, I already spent 90% of my DZ money on the HE stuff once I reached 50.

GazzaGSi

I have protection from elites on most of my gear. I never rolled to get it but I also never rolled to change it. I guess I should have focused on major stats instead of ability stats.

I don't even want to log in to see what my protection from elites percentage is.

Hopefully they release a fix for it soon but with regards to fixes from Massive it probably won't be quick as it is a fix that helps the player so they'll take their time over it. No doubt if this particular stat was broken to favour the player for example, the percentage doubled in the players favour for protection, a hot fix would've already happened.

Ryhian

Anyone on Ps4 doing any dz exp grinding? Looking to get a few levels. Don't mind going rogue but more focused on xp and dz funds for some blueprints.

PSN:Ryhian

Deception

I can't bring myself to grind to DZ 90. Grinding to 50 before was a slog.

Besides, I already spent 90% of my DZ money on the HE stuff once I reached 50.
Ive managed to get to 60 since the update and can't really find the energy to get to 75, let alone to 90.

Klyka

Banned
All the people wanting to level their Dark Zone rank:

Just take it easy, only play when you really feel like it and wait for the May update which will be largely focused on the DZ.
Also wait out some more patches XD

Sumidor

Do you have to pick up the 150 Phoenix credit before the end of the weekend or will it still be there until you pick it up?

EL CUCO

I really hope Massive adds a PVP only mode with Ults disabled, in one of the future updates. Maybe use some of the geometry from the open world for maps or something. I love DZ but I need my competitive gaming fix.

The1Ski

I really hope Massive adds a PVP only mode with Ults disabled, in one of the future updates. Maybe use some of the geometry from the open world for maps or something. I love DZ but I need my competitive gaming fix.

I would love a normalized mode where the playing field is level. Tactics and timing would be way more important than DPS and armor.

You could still have NPCs in the normalized mode. Just decrease the drop rate for to tier gear. I'm fine with top tier stuff being in the super sweaty, "iron banner"-like normal mode. I just want a place where my position and tactical situation guide my decision on whether or not to engage another player. Right now I don't in initiate contact in the 161+ bracket because 9 out of 10 times in going to get F'ing rolled!

I have 4 Striker's items. But when equipped my DPS falls like 50% :(

Why, Massive? Also, Health and Stamina take a huge hit. I'm not sure I want this set anymore.

theWB27

Why, Massive? Also, Health and Stamina take a huge hit. I'm not sure I want this set anymore.

I showed a few pages back that I have this same problem. It's absurd "special" gear makes you a worse player in any form.

MildSoss

Massive pretty much wants you to keep grinding the incursion till you find pieces that fits your build it seems like.

Is this Aug in the BOO worth grinding the PC over a 182 one with slightly less dmg, brutal, self preserved and determined? I feel like self preserved is too good to give up.

MildSoss

Wonder if I should buy the AUG? Already got one with Brutal, Deadly and Accurate.

Had 1000 PXC for like 2-3 weeks now.

BoO for 814 PXC.
I'd take your Aug over the vendor one in a heart beat lol But then again what are you gonna spend those pxc on? You'll probably be close to max by the end of next week again just in case some thing good shows up.

Maximus P

I would have really liked enemies that acted differently.

Rikers and the rioters should rush you, hardly use any cover and be ruthless.

Cleaners should be powerful at close range but are slow.

Lmb should act as all the enemies do now, flacking you, using cover, chasing you down when you back off and finding new cover when you rush them.

It's a shame that all the factions act the same.

MildSoss

Except you can't because 240 pieces are weekly rewards.

Anti-Diablo indeed.
I've geared up just fine and don't have a single piece of 240 gear on me but I do understand what you're saying.

Massive wants you to hit a recommended gear score of 220 for the next incursion which probably drops in May but that's hard to do when you only get a chance at 240 gear once a week.

ChrisW

Really hate the fact that a team can have one person marked as rogue and the other three can run around them like headless chickens meaning to kill the rogue you can to hit their teammates making you go rogue too the they can kill you and get more xp for it.

The rogue status should be a shared timer for the group not different times for different people

Queued up for Lexington CM literally like 15 straight times now and its glitches every time lol. Is there fucking anything that works in this game.

Top Bottom