• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

SlickVic

Ok so I guess there is 7.1 support with PCM on the PC as I heard some audio coming out the back speakers. For a while it seemed it was only putting out sound to 5 speakers.

MildSoss

So is the general consensus that Division is kinda dead? I'm on right now and literally there is no one on my friend's list playing and when the game came out there were well over 40+ people playing. Now it's a ghost town :/

Massive literally killed their own game. :(

shermas

Massive literally killed their own game. :(

Same here, man... I was hooked. Always on this site, checking Reddit, grinding. Running CM over and over, getting those mats, farming the DZ.

Then the crafting nerf hit and the DZ got pretty out of hand because of how decked out people were. So many glitches, exploits and, did I already mention the crafting nerf.

I'm playing Destiny again. The new 'smart' loot drops are pretty good... Ranking up kind of makes sense now. The new content isn't mind-blowing and it's pretty limited, but it's miles for fun (for me) than the Division was.

Edit: and the gear score was so stupid... 'Should I wear my 200 item with shit rolls or keep my 180 with all the perks I love so I don't get kicked from matchmaking?' Hahaha. Such a dumb design choice.

Deception

Yeah I'm done with the game for a while. Second night in a row trying to grind DZ level and running into 8+ team rogue grieffers who repeatedly killed me over and over. Not fun at all.

jbortz78

Yeah I'm done with the game for a while. Second night in a row trying to grind DZ level and running into 8+ team rogue grieffers who repeatedly killed me over and over. Not fun at all.

Yup really boring when that happens, happened bunch of times this weekend, but tip next time change server via matchmaking.

Finally got the AUG which pushed my dps to 198k.

The last 3 Lexington runs with randoms was surprisingly good fun and quick.
It good when everyone runs left on the roof and rushes snipers in final room.

Achamian

Finally got the AUG which pushed my dps to 198k.

The last 3 Lexington runs with randoms was surprisingly good fun and quick.
It good when everyone runs left on the roof and rushes snipers in final room.

We should run left on the roof?!

I'm about 4 Lexington runs from the Aug I hope it's better than my mp5

The one is none talent bugs out so I have to switch weapons to reload, but it also lets me fire my double-barrel shotgun a couple dozen times without reloading.

We should run left on the roof?!

I'm about 4 Lexington runs from the Aug I hope it's better than my mp5

It's easier to manage the enemy.

Soon as you exit the lift jump the wall and run to the hostage ignoring all enemies. The sniper generally jumps down and can be quickly blasted to the face.

Klyka

Banned
So is the general consensus that Division is kinda dead? I'm on right now and literally there is no one on my friend's list playing and when the game came out there were well over 40+ people playing. Now it's a ghost town :/

game has +30k people playing every day during the week and reaches 50k on the weekends.

this is only on steam

game is far from dead.

it's the destiny effect, we hardcore players think the game is "ded" while the casual players keep playing it cause they are no where near our time/items

So I just found out that GS 163 is the same as 191 and 182 GS is better"it can roll higher stats" than 191.
204 is better than 214....

what the fuck! why would massive make the system like that? It does not make any sense and it complicates shit further in an already fucked up stat situation within this game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's definitely not dead, but the current state of the game is absolute nonsense.

Yep this coming May patch is going to dictate the game pretty much--do they crack open the loot and progression and incentivize playing and killing or do they double down on RNG and weekly progression? Hoping for the former so that going forward they can focus on new content and other things, but right now, loot/progression should be the number one priority.

Does anyone have a chart on what the stat range is on the GS lvls 163.182,191, 204,214.240?

min max on each, I googled that shit but found nothing.

Klyka

Banned
It's definitely not dead, but the current state of the game is absolute nonsense.

absolutely agree

i was actually extremely surprised when i saw the steamcharts numbers. I would have thought there would just be a landslide decline in player numbers

Yep this coming May patch is going to dictate the game pretty much--do they crack open the loot and progression and incentivize playing and killing or do they double down on RNG and weekly progression? Hoping for the former so that going forward they can focus on new content and other things, but right now, loot/progression should be the number one priority.

As long as the lead economy in charge is still the same person as is the current one, which originates from mobile games, this game is just gonna get worst because she's treating it like a fucking f2p mobile candy crush bullshit.

At worst there needs to be a way to grind for top tier gear without having to deal with DZ shenanigans.

This x100

Does anyone have a chart on what the stat range is on the GS lvls 163.182,191, 204,214.240?

min max on each, I googled that shit but found nothing.

I don't know the exact values, but they do show that GS is bullshit.

163 = 191 = iL30 pre-patch
182 = 214 = iL31 pre-patch
204 = 240 = iL32 "pre-patch"

Basically, the set items get a big GS boost due to their set bonus.

I had some unmatched GS214 items (i.e. I got no set bonuses), so my GS looked huge while my 'real' power level was pretty pathetic (especially since my set items had shitty rolls compared to my old GS163 stuff).

Basically, the patch added a bunch of shit that doesn't help unless you eploit like fuck to get a full set.
Meanwhile, they nerfed crafting while letting people keep their old crafted GS182 stuff - so the chances of finding better gear by legit methods is very small.
They claimed it would be okay because bosses now drop golds, but bosses nearly always drop GS163 golds, which are worse than the gear everyone was crafting before the patch.

Of course, the next patch will change things up again so there's no point getting on the hamster wheel at this point.

But there's nothing to do in the DZ.

I agree.

Its time to change the end game big time.
Running around in the DZ aint just enough, killing the same named boss over and over.

This game has no longevity unless something changes.

Add a larger DZ area.
Add more enemies inside DZ.
Use the wonderful PVE area for something end game?
More gear weapons, everyone running around with same gear aint fun. Why not create something special with very cool futureristic talents, skills etc.
Make crafting affordable again.
More Loot and better loot. dont make us feel like we are wasting our time by farming for shit.
create a raid like mission.
supply drop is shit currently, so do something that its good.
let us get 204,214 loot outside of incursion.

I don't know the exact values, but they do show that GS is bullshit.

163 = 191 = iL30 pre-patch
182 = 214 = iL31 pre-patch
204 = 240 = iL32 "pre-patch"

Basically, the set items get a big GS boost due to their set bonus.

I had some unmatched GS214 items (i.e. I got no set bonuses), so my GS looked huge while my 'real' power level was pretty pathetic (especially since my set items had shitty rolls compared to my old GS163 stuff).

Basically, the patch added a bunch of shit that doesn't help unless you eploit like fuck to get a full set.
Meanwhile, they nerfed crafting while letting people keep their old crafted GS182 stuff - so the chances of finding better gear by legit methods is very small.
They claimed it would be okay because bosses now drop golds, but bosses nearly always drop GS163 golds, which are worse than the gear everyone was crafting before the patch.

Of course, the next patch will change things up again so there's no point getting on the hamster wheel at this point.

Thanks Camp.
can you explain one thing for me?
I cant really understand what you mean with crafting nerf and that they let us have GS182 stuff?

why is that a bad thing?

Klyka

Banned
I hope the May update to the DZ adds some big changes and additions.
I mean,we are getting another incursion for PvE, that's fine, that's some good stuff there if the loot is proper. The current Incursion is pretty fun with friends, so I am sure the one where we'll find during snowstorms and such in Columbus Circle will be even more fun for the environment alone.

Now DZ additions, I wonder if we'll get a new mode.

Brakara

Teleport to the mission. Set party to open and watch people join.

People on this thread repeat it everyday. The matchmaking is broken. If you want results and don't want the risk of being booted be the party leader.

Yeah, I always do this except on Lexington, where the hostage will be killed while you wait for the others to join (and then the door won't open).

Klyka

Banned
I actually really like the addition of the daily assignment for the DZ. Going into the DZ for like 30min or so every day and getting some Xp and then a nice 7500xp chunk on top is pretty good

kriskrosbbk

I actually really like the addition of the daily assignment for the DZ. Going into the DZ for like 30min or so every day and getting some Xp and then a nice 7500xp chunk on top is pretty good

Yeah actually helping me to level up 1/8 of my current level to the next one.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah that's the only reason I log on to the Division for atm.

I have a couple of other games I am currently playing but I log in daily to do a challenge mission and do some DZ stuff.
I still love how the game looks and plays, it's fun, but I just don't feel like doing the grind,so I'll do what I did with Destiny: Play when I feel like it and jump in for new content whenever it's released.

At 120 hours played, I feel I don't need to play the game for hours every day anymore :D

darkwing

I have a couple of other games I am currently playing but I log in daily to do a challenge mission and do some DZ stuff.
I still love how the game looks and plays, it's fun, but I just don't feel like doing the grind,so I'll do what I did with Destiny: Play when I feel like it and jump in for new content whenever it's released.

At 120 hours played, I feel I don't need to play the game for hours every day anymore :D

but you are going to be flattened by rogues in DZ if you don't catch up

Klyka

Banned
but you are going to be flattened by rogues in DZ if you don't catch up

I get flattened by rogues no matter what anyway, unless I have explosive shot on my sniper active and actually manage to down them once.

I don't really care about other people in the DZ much,I just do my rounds and kill NPCs, I don't extract items cause they don't matter.

I think the last time I got killed by another player was like 4-5 days ago or so.

kriskrosbbk

I have no idea if that is sarcasm or not XD

Me too man . I am just stunned how long is to level up from 61 to 62 .I barely scratched the surface of 62 after 6 hours yesterday ,DZ only.Thank god there is 7500XP as you said

And thanks to the stupid Rogues took exactly 7500 by killing me in the back all day

ChrisW

Think in going to start playing a bit less division now, my character is at a level where most gear is a downgrade after running DZ for weeks and getting nothing but crap.

I stopped playing a LOT of counter strike to play this, but I'm finding myself torn what to play and missing CS, so think CS will take most of my time again and I'll maybe play this for an hour or so a day instead of 3/4hrs

Why do they not repopulate the PVE area with mobs that are equal to your level/gear score like they do in the DZ? and make bosses respawn but on a 3 hour timer so that you can spend some more time just in PVE areas.

Top Bottom