• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Think in going to start playing a bit less division now, my character is at a level where most gear is a downgrade after running DZ for weeks and getting nothing but crap.

I stopped playing a LOT of counter strike to play this, but I'm finding myself torn what to play and missing CS, so think CS will take most of my time again and I'll maybe play this for an hour or so a day instead of 3/4hrs

Why do they not repopulate the PVE area with mobs that are equal to your level/gear score like they do in the DZ? and make bosses respawn but on a 3 hour timer so that you can spend some more time just in PVE areas.

Because they're hellbent pushing people into the DerpZone.

ChrisW

I'm still trying to get to level bloody 50 in the DZ, don't even wanna know how long 90 takes
Use Kill XP boosters on your gear, I get about 275xp for each kill now which makes it go a lot faster, also matchmaker before going into DZ at a checkpoint, playing with 3 other people can rank you up fairly quick cause you get XP for their kills too, plus it's easier to survive going rogue

ChrisW

What's the best way for a poor slug like me to get a decent HE M1A? Does any named boss drop it more than another?
Saw a Reddit post the other day that the user had data mined that information and it basically said that every boss(DZ) can drop everything, but certain items are obviously made to drop with a much lower percentage

GazzaGSi

What's the best way for a poor slug like me to get a decent HE M1A? Does any named boss drop it more than another?

General assembly mission isn't too bad to farm, roughly takes 10 minutes to complete and there's 2 named elites in the mission so double the chance for it to drop. Or run some farming routes in the DZ. It always seems to be I can extract shitty items with no issues, when I've got something half decent every man and his dog is after me!

kriskrosbbk

Saw a Reddit post the other day that the user had data mined that information and it basically said that every boss(DZ) can drop everything, but certain items are obviously made to drop with a much lower percentage

Which is the M1A I am sure about that. I have like tons of shotguns,LMGs and SMGs.
AR and Marksman on the other hand are different story.
Aw man I still cant forget the M1A that a friend found in DZ with deadly and brutal and 5 mins later he got killed and the item stolen.Why ,why the boss(the big guy in the subway under DZ3 extraction) gave it to him and not me.

Hi all. Getting some DZ rank tonight, at least planning to do so. Will hit you guys up later after work for that.

I believe there's one for sale at Base of Operations for a bunch of P-Creds? It's not great as far as talents are concerned but it's a HE M1A at least.

kriskrosbbk

Hi all. Getting some DZ rank tonight, at least planning to do so. Will hit you guys up later after work for that.

I believe there's one for sale at Base of Operations for a bunch of P-Creds? It's not great as far as talents are concerned but it's a HE M1A at least.

I believe the best thing here is the 204GS and the fact that "maybe" it has better base damage.Is it me or talents suck big time.

I believe the best thing here is the 204GS and the fact that "maybe" it has better base damage.Is it me or talents suck big time.

Correct on all fronts in my opinion. 204 level is the main plus and also some folks haven't been very lucky when it comes to drops. So if you want a guaranteed 204 HE M1A, it's the way to get one at least as a "starter."

Downside is exactly as you noted, talents are lackluster. Not to mention it's expensive. I know between CM and DZ, P-Credits are attainable, but with the 999 cap you're spending basically your whole wallet for a gun with eh talents.

If I didn't have an M1A, I'd still buy it in a heartbeat because it's a guaranteed HE sniper. Throw some stability attachments on it and use it until I find another one with a better roll.

Iceman829

Yeah, I always do this except on Lexington, where the hostage will be killed while you wait for the others to join (and then the door won't open).

For that mission just start fighting solo and then die. When you die it spawns you back outside the mission area and resets the mission, but your teammates are already in the teleport phase. Let them spawn in and you are good to go.

JohnCYQ

Does anyone have a chart on what the stat range is on the GS lvls 163.182,191, 204,214.240?

min max on each, I googled that shit but found nothing.

I don't know the exact values, but they do show that GS is bullshit.

163 = 191 = iL30 pre-patch
182 = 214 = iL31 pre-patch
204 = 240 = iL32 "pre-patch"

Basically, the set items get a big GS boost due to their set bonus.

I had some unmatched GS214 items (i.e. I got no set bonuses), so my GS looked huge while my 'real' power level was pretty pathetic (especially since my set items had shitty rolls compared to my old GS163 stuff).

Basically, the patch added a bunch of shit that doesn't help unless you eploit like fuck to get a full set.
Meanwhile, they nerfed crafting while letting people keep their old crafted GS182 stuff - so the chances of finding better gear by legit methods is very small.
They claimed it would be okay because bosses now drop golds, but bosses nearly always drop GS163 golds, which are worse than the gear everyone was crafting before the patch.

Of course, the next patch will change things up again so there's no point getting on the hamster wheel at this point.

Actually, stat-wise, the current order is (bold = set item):

240 > 204 > 214 > 182 > 191 > 163

For reference:
240 gear roll 553 - 678 main stat
204 gear roll 526 - 645 main stat
214 gear roll 494 - 604 main stat
182 gear roll 470 - 575 main stat
191 gear roll 441 - 540 main stat
163 gear roll 420 - 514 main stat

So the highest tier of set gear (240) will be able to roll better stats than the highest tier of HE gear (204).

However, this also means that top roll on a 182 gear can win out a low roll 240 gear.

Massive, pls.

darkwing

For reference:

So the highest tier of set gear (240) will be able to roll better stats than the highest tier of HE gear (204).

However, this also means that top roll on a 182 gear can win out a low roll 240 gear.

Massive, pls.

did Massive do another loot game before this? why aren't they learning from D3 Loot 2.0?

Cmagus

I've been thinking of picking this up on pc but I've been reading a lot about exploits and cheaters and i was just wondering how the situation is with that currently? Have they patched some of the stuff or is it worth waiting awhile till the stuff gets sorted out?

ch4fx_

The AUG the vendor @ the BoO sold this weekend was like a breath of fresh air for me, my BMAK/Vector combo was starting to get stale. While I'm still REALLY disappointed I didn't hit DZ75 in time to get the M1A/AUG blueprints, to say that I'm happy with the one I bought this weekend is an understatement.

After a friend & I bought the AUG, we grouped up and ran some CMs to get a feel for be weapon. I took a couple of point of view screen shots while we were at the end of Lexington.. We would camp the door where the boss/enemies come from & spawn camp them as soon as they appear.

Cg3IZzAWwAIhHFI

We ran the whole mission like this.. basically ignoring cover the whole time & acting like we were playing on HM. It was glorious.

I also had a funny situation happen while in the Dark Zone with a pal this weekend. One guy approaches the two of us -- sends out a pulse, takes me down (going rogue in the process), & pops his survivor link.

Now, at this point, I'm USUALLY like "fuck this piece of shit".. respawn on the other side of the map & continue on about my business. However, this guy SEVERELY underestimated how geared my team mate was (strike 1) & he had popped his survivor link already (strike 2). My partner revives me (while this guy is shooting at us, mind you) & now the tables have taken a drastic turn in our favor. The poor guy didn't even get a chance to run at this point, he pretty much disintegrated into thin air.. along with his gear and any hopes and dreams he may have had of how that encounter was going to go. The ironic thing is as the guy shoots me, I'm actually in my emotes menu trying to select the surrender option to show the guy my friend & I mean no harm. He should have just joined up with us instead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AbrU5klDvsc

GGs this weekend guys.

For reference:

Massive, pls.

Thanks for this.

120v

I've been thinking of picking this up on pc but I've been reading a lot about exploits and cheaters and i was just wondering how the situation is with that currently? Have they patched some of the stuff or is it worth waiting awhile till the stuff gets sorted out?

I havent had a problem with overpowered players until I reached the 161+ gear score bracket. which should be a ways off unless you burn through the main game.

Game certainly has issues but it's not the broken clusterfuck many are making it out to be.

Pandy

For reference:

Massive, pls.
Nice tidy summary. Cheers. :)

Cmagus

I havent had a problem with overpowered players until I reached the 161+ gear score bracket. which should be a ways off unless you burn through the main game.

Game certainly has issues but it's not the broken clusterfuck many are making it out to be.

Alright thanks, I'm gonna give it a go I need a new game to play after Dark souls 3 anyways. I was just worried that when you reach end game it become unplayable due to hackers/exploiters.

For reference:

Massive, pls.
Thanks for this, really useful. And it also shows how unbalanced this thing is. You may grind like crazy to get out of your 163 stuff, then you get some 214 stuff. You roll it and get lower stats than the 163 you had before. lol

darkwing

Thanks for this, really useful. And it also shows how unbalanced this thing is. You may grind like crazy to get out of your 163 stuff, then you get some 214 stuff. You roll it and get lower stats than the 163 you had before. lol

lol true, I once rolled the bottom end of a 214 bp xD so much wasted mat

GazzaGSi

The AUG the vendor @ the BoO sold this weekend was like a breath of fresh air for me, my BMAK/Vector combo was starting to get stale. While I'm still REALLY disappointed I didn't hit DZ75 in time to get the M1A/AUG blueprints, to say that I'm happy with the one I bought this weekend is an understatement.

After a friend & I bought the AUG, we grouped up and ran some CMs to get a feel for be weapon. I took a couple of point of view screen shots while we were at the end of Lexington.. We would camp the door where the boss/enemies come from & spawn camp them as soon as they appear.

We ran the whole mission like this.. basically ignoring cover the whole time & acting like we were playing on HM. It was glorious.

I also had a funny situation happen while in the Dark Zone with a pal this weekend. One guy approaches the two of us -- sends out a pulse, takes me down (going rogue in the process), & pops his survivor link.

Now, at this point, I'm USUALLY like "fuck this piece of shit".. respawn on the other side of the map & continue on about my business. However, this guy SEVERELY underestimated how geared my team mate was (strike 1) & he had popped his survivor link already (strike 2). My partner revives me (while this guy is shooting at us, mind you) & now the tables have taken a drastic turn in our favor. The poor guy didn't even get a chance to run at this point, he pretty much disintegrated into thin air.. along with his gear and any hopes and dreams he may have had of how that encounter was going to go. The ironic thing is as the guy shoots me, I'm actually in my emotes menu trying to select the surrender option to show the guy my friend & I mean no harm. He should have just joined up with us instead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AbrU5klDvsc

GGs this weekend guys.

Them runs on Lexington were ace. I still cant get my head around the guy in the DZ. While it was all cracking off I was like, is this guy serious?!

Even with the games flaws and glitches I'm still having a blast and play it for a good few hours each day. Alot of it is down to the company of being in a group though with decent guys to chat and have a laugh with. Can imagine it becoming pretty stale quickly if you're always running on your lonesome although did fill my dz stash on my own yesterday but it's definitely not as enjoyable.

vivftp

Damn, matchmaking for the Dark Zone can be frustrating. Twice in a row I get a team where members go rogue at the drop of a hat and we get slaughtered. Lost about 15k in DZ funds and 25k in experience. Plus all my remaining keys :(

bjaelke

The Division @TheDivisionGame

Please note that Weekly Maintenance will now take place on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays (same time). There will be no maintenance tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Because they're hellbent pushing people into the DerpZone.
Yeah, I think at this point they have to realize that it is a complete and utter failure as a PVPVE area. The PVP part is completely broken because of 8 man groups and mismatched gear, while the PVE part is broken because you are competing with other players for finite crafting resources.

deadduck

A two day difference is a big deal? Why?

Guessing because as the maintenance is currently 9am their time they only have 1 day post weekend.

They've had to come up with other emergency fixes on Thur/Friday, so the current system wasn't working.

This gives them 3 days after the weekend to address issues.

My Division confession today:

Me no like AUG. Even mine with Brutal and Deadly. Not enough bullets even with a high-end extended mag!

Then again, I usually run assault rifles so that might explain it too.

Klyka

Banned
Guessing because as the maintenance is currently 9am their time they only have 1 day post weekend.

They've had to come up with other emergency fixes on Thur/Friday, so the current system wasn't working.

Isn't it better to have three days BEFORE the weekend than after?
This way if they fuck up the game with a patch, we'll have to deal with it over the entire weekend

I was asking because the previous post concerning maintenance had a "This won't end well" title. I don't think it's a big deal on the surface unless I'm missing something.

Archpath1

Me no like AUG. Even mine with Brutal and Deadly. Not enough bullets even with a high-end extended mag!

My Aug has 50 shots
The ak I have is 59
And mp5 can go to 60

Up to 10 bullet difference
Sure it helps, but its not that bad

Iceman829

Just do the one is none glitch for near infinite ammo

deadduck

Isn't it better to have three days BEFORE the weekend than after?
This way if they fuck up the game with a patch, we'll have to deal with it over the entire weekend

We'd have to deal with it anyway, because they only quickly fix things like 4 HE drops from CM.

I'm guessing it's taking too much out of them and they need to slim it down to one better patch.

I was asking because the previous post concerning maintenance had a "This won't end well" title. I don't think it's a big deal on the surface unless I'm missing something.

I agree. It's irrelevant.

My Aug has 50 shots
The ak I have is 59
And mp5 can go to 60

Up to 10 bullet difference
Sure it helps, but its not that bad

I didn't think the 9-10 shot difference would be much either at first, especially since I'm a serial reloader, but I found myself getting mad when I didn't have the last few shots to finish off a bad guy.

Not really a make-or-break, but I'd prefer an AR like my SCAR or the Warlord you gave me lol that hits harder and has more capacity. Might also be that I'm not the most accurate shot.

deadduck

DGAF PSN community 7 sessions / 400 players

DGAF PSN community 65 sessions / 497 players

One has been declared "dad" for 6-12 months. One hasn't been out for 2 months yet!

Just do the one is none glitch for near infinite ammo

How dare you accuse me of such atrocities, I'm no glitcher. I'm the most honest and upstanding of citizens.

Especially in the Dark Zone, where I believe everyone should be a gentleman and hold hands with randoms while dancing in a kumbaya circle around supply crates and high-end gear drops.

GazzaGSi

A very rare moment indeed, went to capture a supply drop and there was a group of 3 there and myself. I got a shot on the named elite for the HE and the other 3 added me to their group before opening the crate so we all got the items. That was pretty cool, I'd just equipped some explosive bullets thinking shit was going to go down. There is some decent folk in there. I'm sure the superior advanced performance mod and suppressor will come in handy! Although there was a set of boots amongst the items too.

Top Bottom