• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Tawpgun

They still haven't removed mobile cheese?

Thought I'd pop in to see how things are going.. Been playing destiny.. And welp. Back to destiny I go. Ugh, massive. Why?

At least it's Iron Lagger this week
OMG gross

Don't know how people can fathom playing iron banner.

Destiny pvp is trash outside of trials and even then....

I avoid pvp in that game like the plague

deadduck

That wouldn't be ridiculous, to be honest, but I'd far prefer to see the other weapons getting unique traits like the SMG and Marksman Rifles have.

ARs could have Crit Hit Damage? Can't think of anything more interesting. I still love my AK.

ARs (and LMGs) have a native (hidden) headshot bonus over SMGs. Build for it and they can compete better.

Making this more obvious would be a step (and wider with gun variation), but it won't take much to balance. Faster damage falloff should be enough.

You'll be more pissed when they balance sentry to not proc on SMGs

I can see this happening as well, they'll say it was intended for snipers supporting the "strikers". I use 4 piece now with an smg and it's real good for challenge modes but in the dz I feel it doesn't proc as often (might be more lag factoring in).

Thinking of switching to 3 piece striker 3 piece sentry once they fix reckless to see how the dmg compares. Anyone else use 4 piece sentry and switch to 3 and 3?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yup probably to SMGs, shorten the range

Yeah and I don't understand why reddit is so upset. I'd really like to see the crit chance bonus just halved.

If you nerf SMG's you pretty much make AR's and shotguns viable, because the latter two are pretty much on the verge of viability. Nerfing SMG's makes shotguns an alternative close up choice for burst damage, and makes AR's definitively optimal for medium range engagements. It's a pretty simple solution (nerf 1 gun to make 2 more viable) over messing with adding unique perks and risk making one gun king again in an eternal arms race.

LMG's still need a buff though and that's fine.

cool thanks. With the nerf looming I'm wondering if I should still try to get the AUG in BoO right now. It would be my first "GS204" weapons while the rest of mine are 163 and one 182. I have a GS163 AUG now with base DMG at 9303 with Accurate(unlocked) Swift (Unlock) and Destructive. So besides the base DMG and the GS204 number to boost my GS so I don't get kicked from MM or whenever I start a mission people will stay instead of leaving right away.

If there's a nerf they need to do would be those stupid shotgunners. Somehow they can snipe one-shot me from across the room, but I will need to be right next to their skull with a shotgun and it would barely move or scratch their armor, and I'm at +34 armor damage and +15 to elite and named.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah and I don't understand why reddit is so upset. I'd really like to see the crit chance bonus just halved.

If you nerf SMG's you pretty much make AR's and shotguns viable, because the latter two are pretty much on the verge of viability. Nerfing SMG's makes shotguns an alternative close up choice for burst damage, and makes AR's definitively optimal for medium range engagements. It's a pretty simple solution (nerf 1 gun to make 2 more viable) over messing with adding unique perks and risk making one gun king again in an eternal arms race.

LMG's still need a buff though and that's fine.

People find it annoying when a weapon class is nerfed instead of buffing all other weapons, because rather than make all the weapons worth using, it ends up making all the weapons equally bad.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
cool thanks. With the nerf looming I'm wondering if I should still try to get the AUG in BoO right now. It would be my first "GS204" weapons while the rest of mine are 163 and one 182. I have a GS163 AUG now with base DMG at 9303 with Accurate(unlocked) Swift (Unlock) and Destructive. So besides the base DMG and the GS204 number to boost my GS so I don't get kicked from MM or whenever I start a mission people will stay instead of leaving right away.

If there's a nerf they need to do would be those stupid shotgunners. Somehow they can snipe one-shot me from across the room, but I will need to be right next to their skull with a shotgun and it would barely move or scratch their armor, and I'm at +34 armor damage and +15 to elite and named.

You would think that would be a no-brainer, but...

j_rocca42

what's up with me being marked (sentry bonus) without actually getting shot, just by getting closer to rogues? what's going on with this game?

You can be marked when rogues are a block away (and no one else is around) and have the blocks entire building structure between you and them.

I've also been marked underground with rogues above and marked when coming out of a safehouse and nothing around.

When I noticed the random marking I moved to DZ6 made sure no one was around and still got random marked.

Sentry is bugged beyond its marking with any weapon.
This is all sad but true!

Who's on X1 in about an hour or so? Finishing up at a doc appt and may have the afternoon off :-D

DZ rank is so close to 75, I can taste it!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Pretty good read there. But sorry, I don't trust Massive to fix much. I don't think they have the know how to do it and honestly I they don't seem that motivated to fix much either. It is bad that all the glitches/exploits are there, but it is worse that their designed idea for the endgame was this bad. The design expansion was so bad that it drove people to use cheese to complete it. The quick fixes have made things worse for the most part but I am supposed to believe you can fix it now? Come on. Would have done better to release the game without the DZ and have it as the first free expansion. That way they could have tested it more thoroughly.

Matush

Nerfs for weapons? So I just spent over 800PC to (probably) have nerfed weapon, great job Ubi, too bad I cant refund my Season Pass. With all the recent changes, nerfs I would rather spent 40€ somewhere else tbh.

I really doubt that their "fix" will really benefit any of the players that already got left behind. The 1.1 essentially punished the casual and widen the gap between the top and bottom player pools even more due to their philosophy of "players have too much loot" and so far everything they've done is to slow or block progression. "Hotfixes" that came quick when it's concerning with players progressing faster, while gameplay affecting bugs are left in the backburner.

It just seems to me that all they're doing is artificially extending the lifespan via half-hearted Incursion aka waves of 1-shot wonders in 1/2 of a room, locking out the best gears into that room which has a weekly lockout. Nerfing the crafting to death. DarfZone that 90% of the time the Dtech boxes are empty and named enemies are gone due to cheaters teleport farm the server on a rotation bases. While hotboxing the level of players to only 2 levels with an introduction of a pointless GS system that further segregates the players and piling them into a hopelessly outclassed top level players that already benefited from the previous exploits and sitting on a pile of excess crafting materials and currency that they will have no problem getting the new gears whenever they come out and will continue to be at the top with full advantages. Also not to mention that the drops in DZ were awful in my experience. Filled with blues, some purples, and lolgreens. These were in DZ05-06. Not to mention the damages done GS did to matchmaking.

This is coming from someone that just hit 30 and starting to get better gears via challenge modes right when 1.1 landed. Which pretty much had me now stuck and slipped thru the cracks due to them only caring about catering and focusing the people that have everything already. With nobody able to level up their stuff better and fill those gaps in the middle, the game will get abandoned. With no new challengers coming up the top players will get bored eventually regardless and they will leave until next update.

Like that Diablo3 dev said, people will leave regardless, it's up to the developers to decide if they want them to leave happy or frustrated. If they leave frustrated, that's not going to sell those DLC.

I know I must sound like a broken record and probably on a few ignore list because all those points I've brought up before. I absolutely loved the atmosphere and loved all the moment of the main game storyline and leveling during the game. Just really a shame that the PVE world is so neglected and empty now with all the King of the Blocks (named NPC) gone while seeing so many locations that would made some really cool PVE encounters or missions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^
I find it funny that the Diablo 3 GDC thing keeps getting linked in Reddit. Because it's a roadmap to how to make a good loot game.

That said, Reddit also keeps saying that the person in charge of the Division loot systems used to run mobile game economies, so perhaps that explains all the timers and lockouts and stupid things like that.

^
I find it funny that the Diablo 3 GDC thing keeps getting linked in Reddit. Because it's a roadmap to how to make a good loot game.

That said, Reddit also keeps saying that the person in charge of the Division loot systems used to run mobile game economies, so perhaps that explains all the timers and lockouts and stupid things like that.

Yeah, putting in the philosophy of a F2P mobile economy into a full priced retail game is a really terrible idea. They really need to either get rid of that person, or do everything opposite of her suggestions to un-fubar the flow of the game. I mean you already have RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG... it's needlessly punishing and not fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, putting in the philosophy of a F2P mobile economy into a full priced retail game is a really terrible idea. They really need to either get rid of that person, or do everything opposite of her suggestions to un-fubar the flow of the game.
The whole "get a free electronic part every hour" thing just smacks of F2P mobile game design. Which kind of works on a phone because what else are you going to do while you're pretending to work, but is kind of pointless in a retail console game.

The whole "get a free electronic part every hour" thing just smacks of F2P mobile game design. Which kind of works on a phone because what else are you going to do while you're pretending to work, but is kind of pointless in a retail console game.

Especially you get "1" piece too. The final punch in the crotch is that it's green lol

Nerfs for weapons? So I just spent over 800PC to (probably) have nerfed weapon, great job Ubi, too bad I cant refund my Season Pass. With all the recent changes, nerfs I would rather spent 40€ somewhere else tbh.

That's the way these kinds of games work, though. There are always going to be nerfs and buffs, and the gun you use now may not be that great in a month or two.

The Division that released earlier in the year isn't going to be the same as the Division we'll be playing in 6 months. It's just a part of being in this kind of game. It's the same reason that some people really don't like MMO-style games. They're just not for everyone and that's okay.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Hjod

Banned
The Guardian said:
I asked Glenn Fielder, a game networking expert with 15 years experience who most recently worked on Titanfall, whether there’s anything to this. He explained that the key to the most widely used networking model for FPS games (the competitive gold standard) is that “the server is the REAL GAME and doesn’t trust what the client says they’re doing”. He reiterates the mantra of online game development: “Never trust the client”.

The Guardian said:
Since talking to the Guardian, Fielder has gone on to investigate further and, after certain evidence, adds this: “The Division is most likely using a trusted client network model. I sincerely hope this is not the case, because if it is true, my opinion of can this be fixed is basically no.”

That don't sound good at all, maybe they won't be able to fix the hacking.

Link to Glenn Fielders personal "investigation"

That don't sound good at all, maybe they won't be able to fix the hacking.

Link to Glenn Fielders personal "investigation"

If it were the truth that they are using the trusted client network model to handle The Dark Zone, would it be very difficult to switch to the more responsible and practical server-authoritative network model

Hjod

Banned
If it were the truth that they are using the trusted client network model to handle The Dark Zone, would it be very difficult to switch to the more responsible and practical server-authoritative network model

According to Glenn Fielders it would be almost impossible, he says that it would require a total rewrite of the code. Don't know if that is true or not.

Is it just me or is the DZ gettin busier on PC? I used to be able to clear the landmarks in dz01/02 all on my own but for the last few days they have already been cleared by the time i get there. its annoying cos the DZ is the one end game thing you can do solo (apart from daily HM but those are ridiculously easy)

BurritoBear

Neo Member
That's the way these kinds of games work, though. There are always going to be nerfs and buffs, and the gun you use now may not be that great in a month or two.

The Division that released earlier in the year isn't going to be the same as the Division we'll be playing in 6 months. It's just a part of being in this kind of game. It's the same reason that some people really don't like MMO-style games. They're just not for everyone and that's okay.

Well said. With the right formula it's also why some games live a lot longer than they should.

vivftp

Maybe someone can confirm. I just claimed my 3 DZ keys from the Uplay store and one of my friends is claiming he gets the 3 keys every week. Is this true, or is it a one time redemption?

vivftp

it's supposed to be one time

Cool, thanks for the response.

So if anyone is looking for a person to try the CM Incursion, I'm available. I've completed it a few times on HM and can run a skill build to support if need be. I'm on PS4. PSN is vivftp00

Top Bottom