• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Iceman829

It's the constant frame stutter like every 10 seconds, drove me mad tonight. Doesn't help against other agents either.

That shit drives me bonkers. It causes me to miss sniper shots, sticky bombs and fucks up healing. I also had to zone in and out of the dark zone yesterday because none of my abilities would work. Not even health regen. My character was broken. I had a teammate heal me and after zoning out of the DZ and back in everything worked fine again.

The Division figure is up for pre-order it looks pretty cool lots of detail.

http://www.v-storebiz.com/vts-vm-017-the-darkzone-agent/

Updated with a few pics.

VM017_Darkzone_Agent_002__04985.1461736979.1280.1280.jpg

VM017_Darkzone_Agent_003__84599.1461736979.1280.1280.jpg

VM017_Darkzone_Agent_001__22141.1461736978.1280.1280.jpg

VM017_Darkzone_Agent_006__98068.1461736980.1280.1280.jpg

Klyka

Banned
I gotta say, that Division figure is cool as fuck and has tons of extras.

Crazy really.

I could see people who don't care about the game at all buying that just for how good it looks.

ManCannon

After weeks of honorable play in the DZ I matched with two randoms yesterday for some boss hunting until a 4th joined that was hellbent on straight up killing every agent on the server. Dude was level 99, about 208GS and proceeded to get us all on man hunts and then just stand in the middle of the street outside the safe house daring anyone to come for him. Sometimes we'd help but really it was just this one guy killing groups of 2-3 all by himself while we ran around reeping XP and money. Eventually we had to retreat to the Library roof for a while as we had about 7 agents hunting us but they never did flush us out.

One poor guy was genuinely upset because he had been ganked about 6 times even after the three of us had told him it was ok we weren't going to kill him just to have our 4th come around the corner and instantly destroy him. I felt pretty dirty afterwards but man, dat XP and money. If anyone on Gaf was caught up in that, I apologize. :)

Eventually our murdering 4th quit the party and we ran the f out of there before he decided to kill all of us (which I'm certain was on his agenda). Despite finally hitting 75 and having about a 199GS I've never felt so underpowered in this game as I did watching this one guy rampaging through everyone by himself.

darkwing

After weeks of honorable play in the DZ I matched with two randoms yesterday for some boss hunting until a 4th joined that was hellbent on straight up killing every agent on the server. Dude was level 99, about 208GS and proceeded to get us all on man hunts and then just stand in the middle of the street outside the safe house daring anyone to come for him. Sometimes we'd help but really it was just this one guy killing groups of 2-3 all by himself while we ran around reeping XP and money. Eventually we had to retreat to the Library roof for a while as we had about 7 agents hunting us but they never did flush us out.

One poor guy was genuinely upset because he had been ganked about 6 times even after the three of us had told him it was ok we weren't going to kill him just to have our 4th come around the corner and instantly destroy him. I felt pretty dirty afterwards but man, dat XP and money. If anyone on Gaf was caught up in that, I apologize. :)

Eventually our murdering 4th quit the party and we ran the f out of there before he decided to kill all of us (which I'm certain was on his agenda). Despite finally hitting 75 and having about a 199GS I've never felt so underpowered in this game as I did watching this one guy rampaging through everyone by himself.

that makes DZ so fun

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So last night we headed down from DZ06 to DZ02....

lXJUtLA.gif

I counted 21 agents..

We went rogue and ran for the hills lol.

Tawpgun

So last night we headed down from DZ06 to DZ02....

lXJUtLA.gif

I counted 21 agents..

We went rogue and ran for the hills lol.
Lol amazing.

I might jump in for some dz stuff in the future.

State of game notes are disappointing but it's a start. I thought talent stacking was fixed?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My level 32 Stamina blueprint is gone from the crafting station. :|

Edit: WTF its put it back up for sale again even though I bought it last week. I gotta get 100,000 DZ funds before reset to buy again..

Lol amazing.

I might jump in for some dz stuff in the future.

State of game notes are disappointing but it's a start. I thought talent stacking was fixed?

Talent fixing is fixed but I think there is some new way on certain talents to stack them again.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
After weeks of honorable play in the DZ I matched with two randoms yesterday for some boss hunting until a 4th joined that was hellbent on straight up killing every agent on the server.

I was in a similar situation. My GS is only like 175 but I did matchmaking and got hooked up with 3 agents who were all 208GS minimum. I just hung out for the ride and the loot. They were killing bosses in seconds, not even thinking about cover. It was amazing. We were running to a supply crate and another group went rogue against us, that entire group was dead in about 5 seconds. It was insane. It was fun, but it really showed how terrible balancing can ruin the DZ. If they were guys that just wanted to kill the entire server, they could with zero resistance.

I was in a similar situation. My GS is only like 175 but I did matchmaking and got hooked up with 3 agents who were all 208GS minimum. I just hung out for the ride and the loot. They were killing bosses in seconds, not even thinking about cover. It was amazing. We were running to a supply crate and another group went rogue against us, that entire group was dead in about 5 seconds. It was insane. It was fun, but it really showed how terrible balancing can ruin the DZ. If they were guys that just wanted to kill the entire server, they could with zero resistance.

And those are the people that laughs when other complains and say how the current state of the game is "just fine" and how the crafting is "just fine". As long as it's not affecting them.

Logged into DZ this morning, found 2 straight DTech crates, killed a boss and got a cool attachment, opened the lol chest and got another attachment and good pistol. Thought, "hey, it might be a good quick DZ run!". Upon engaging the next mob, Division services become unavailable :(

I load back in and my first 4 drops are all goddamn performance mods lol

Tawpgun

Logged into DZ this morning, found 2 straight DTech crates, killed a boss and got a cool attachment, opened the lol chest and got another attachment and good pistol. Thought, "hey, it might be a good quick DZ run!". Upon engaging the next mob, Division services become unavailable :(

I load back in and my first 4 drops are all goddamn performance mods lol
Massive: someone is getting too lucky in the DZ, shut it down and fix it!!!

GazzaGSi

Anything worth buying in the BoO? I bought the AUG but have maxed out phoenix credits again so wondered if there's anything worth spending afew hundred on. Cheers

How do you report a cheater when they skate by you so fast that their names don't even appear. Nothing cooler than having someone just skate thru and one shot all npc and claim all Drops. All I wanted to do is get that stupid 50 riker kills and get the fuck out of this mess.

Edit: Damn shadowplay.... didn't save the replay. Does it not record in windowed mode?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone have an idea what this could be? Found it while exploring, I had to activate it to get the message.

OO1EssD.png
They use place holder objects for mission triggers. There's one by the big Carrier that is in the out of bounds area of the game as well that I posted a while ago.

Lettuce

Ok so im at level 13 now and am noticing that the next main story mission is like level 15 and the next one after that is like level 18, do they expect me to grind out side missions and activities to reach the required level or am i missing something here???

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ok so im at level 13 now and am noticing that the next main story mission is like level 15 and the next one after that is like level 18, do they expect me to grind out side missions and activities to reach the required level or am i missing something here???
Yeah, pretty much. That or matchmake and hope the others can carry you.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Are you doing the side missions in each area as well? If you do those, you should be at or over the suggested levels to do the next main mission. If not you can matchmake but I would think you would end up sub level 30 at the end of the game if you do it that way.

ISOM

You're not going to gain enough experience just doing the main missions.

Basically yes. You'll need to unlock the stuff from the Base of Operations either way.

Mullah88

currently building a second character, i have 7 main mission left and i'm level 18. i switch to the alt character to play the dailys with some folks that are willing to carry me through. the boring part will be doing the side missions to unlock all the BoO sections

Lettuce

Yeah, pretty much. That or matchmake and hope the others can carry you.

Are you doing the side missions in each area as well? If you do those, you should be at or over the suggested levels to do the next main mission. If not you can matchmake but I would think you would end up sub level 30 at the end of the game if you do it that way.

You're not going to gain enough experience just doing the main missions.

Basically yes. You'll need to unlock the stuff from the Base of Operations either way.

Ok thanks

Iceman829

currently building a second character, i have 7 main mission left and i'm level 18. i switch to the alt character to play the dailys with some folks that are willing to carry me through. the boring part will be doing the side missions to unlock all the BoO sections

You can speed up the side mission part to upgrade your BoO by having friends join and running around the map completing the side missions that reward you with points to upgrade. You don't need to be near them to get credit for the mission being completed.

FinKL

Consensus on BoO AUG?

Doesn't have +crit dmg, but +headshot dmg is better than nothing plus the chance to refill mag seems cool. I guess I don't want to waste a week's worth of challenge mode if they are going to nerf it to the ground

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Consensus on BoO AUG?

Doesn't have +crit dmg, but +headshot dmg is better than nothing plus the chance to refill mag seems cool. I guess I don't want to waste a week's worth of challenge mode if they are going to nerf it to the ground
I bought it and really like it. There is like a 24% chance or some shit to instantly reload and it happens pretty often. It really reminds me of a gun from Destiny because that's such a unique perk. I haven't found another that does that, anyways.

Mullah88

You can speed up the side mission part to upgrade your BoO by having friends join and running around the map completing the side missions that reward you with points to upgrade. You don't need to be near them to get credit for the mission being completed.

hmm didnt know you still got rewarded when not in proximity of the side mission, thought it was like the DZ. good to know, ill try that

the meticulous talent works but i rather swap it with something else and the fact that you need to be in full health for the crit chance is meh...nothing beats the 62 bullets of a nicely rolled mp5 (next 204 bp should be for the navy mp5)

GazzaGSi

Next time I'm on I don't mind trying this out for you. I seem to be stuck in a rut at the moment and just don't know what to do so clearing someone else's map is cool with me if it helps you out.

Looking forward to the BoO vendor refresh to see what he brings this week to spend my credits on.

ronco2000

Next time I'm on I don't mind trying this out for you. I seem to be stuck in a rut at the moment and just don't know what to do so clearing someone else's map is cool with me if it helps you out.

Looking forward to the BoO vendor refresh to see what he brings this week to spend my credits on.

They're bringing back HE M1A with brutal, balance and Vicious talents.
I hope.

That's your problem, and most people for that matter (myself included), DZ is supposed to be PvP. Your 4th has the right idea. If you see another player you should be looking to kill them. Although I don't necessarily like the way it's done. I think it would have been better to have everyone chose a side as they enter DZ, the current way just has everyone thinking it's wrong to go rogue. They could have even done it where each zone in DZ has a different set of rules/gametype, with DZ 5/6 having the current style.

Samikaze

That's your problem, and most people for that matter (myself included), DZ is supposed to be PvP. Your 4th has the right idea. If you see another player you should be looking to kill them. Although I don't necessarily like the way it's done. I think it would have been better to have everyone chose a side as they enter DZ, the current way just has everyone thinking it's wrong to go rogue. They could have even done it where each zone in DZ has a different set of rules/gametype, with DZ 5/6 having the current style.

I'd actually argue against that.
It's both PvE and PvP, and should be seen as such. If it were seen as just PvP, this game would lose something that's unique to it.

The former is the mentality that tanked DayZ's community. It started out PvE, with players helping each other to survive. Then became this cool mix of players playing friendly and some playing as bandits. Not quite killing each other, but robbing each other for goods. Nowadays everyone plays it as PvP with zombies in the way, (when zombies are even there).

I really hope the Dark Zone doesn't just become PvP, as there is nothing more tense than playing with a random person you just met, hoping he doesn't get bored and go from teammate to enemy in an instant.

The tense stare downs you get as you cross paths in the DZ when you size up each other before opening fire or going your own ways is something that I really hope doesn't fade away.

Mullah88

nice I'm on now waiting for the reset

Top Bottom