• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

ch4fx_

If only!

What's the required level mate? I'm guessing 75 ;-(
Recently hit 56 but doubt I'll get anywhere near 75 before the refresh.

75 it is my man :( -- hopefully the trend will continue & we will have something to look forward to this week!

204 BMAK, please.

You gonna be around tonight?

Damn, before the April update I was struggling to get to DZ Rank 50 because all of the good blueprints were there, and now that I'm over Rank 50 I have to push to 75. Once I get there, all of the good stuff is going to be Rank 99.

I will punch someone if that happens.

Also, I have another character that I'd rather use, but I can't be bothered with ranking up in the DZ again. I have some friends that don't mind helping me clear out the map, but damn - I don't know if I can handle another DZ grind.

jond76

Banned
Entered the DZ and saw three guys standing right there facing the entrance.. One was on top of car, all looking at me.. All with rogue symbols. It was a giant "oh shit" moment. I knew just how Rick felt in the Walking Dead finale.

I shot my sticky bomb off, took cover behind the divider that was right there, and fought back for 5 seconds until I died.

It was actually a cool/ scary moment.

Today I went to the DZ to kill some bosses and get some loot/XP and all I found were rogues. Like, lots of them everywhere. My team decided to go rogue too and everyone just kept dying. I decided to turn it off.

:|

Wolfe

What is wrong with the grand central station mission? We keep falling through the floor lol.

Sucks reading about people having issues with this considering it seems so random. I've never experienced it myself but I can easily imagine how shitty it would be to have that repeatedly happening.

I just came out of that mission with no issue.

Jerbs

Sucks reading about people having issues with this considering it seems so random. I've never experienced it myself but I can easily imagine how shitty it would be to have that repeatedly happening.

I just came out of that mission with no issue.

Took several tries. Got through by fast traveling to the one guy that didn't fall. Weird.

GazzaGSi

Good night all round, striker/sentry gear from the DZ with mullah & 2 guys who invited me to their group, amongst acouple of M1A's and killing some rogues to top it off. For a change the rogue battles were quite balanced rather than just getting completely wiped which made it more enjoyable.

One odd thing when Chaf and I were doing the dailies was we had other guys in the mission who weren't part of the group like the old times when running 5 or more on the dailies. It started as one guy didn't move so I kicked him but he stayed in the mission and other players joined him. Did the latest maintenance break their previous patch for running more than 4 man dailies?

Wolfe

One odd thing when Chaf and I were doing the dailies was we had other guys in the mission who weren't part of the group like the old times when running 5 or more on the dailies. It started as one guy didn't move so I kicked him but he stayed in the mission and other players joined him. Did the latest maintenance break their previous patch for running more than 4 man dailies?

I had this happen before a few weeks ago with a Lexington run I joined randomly, was surprised since I could have sworn hearing it was fixed at the time. Was likely after the last patch, haven't seen it since though.

After playing for countless hours here's what would make the game perfect for me. (apart from the bug fixes)

1. Return crafting to pre-patch levels
2. Keep selling weapons with ok rolls like the AUG avaialble in the BoO right now.
3. In the DZ, and this is definitely fueled by all the ganking happening to me, and probably will be the most divisive. Players without loot should not be able to get killed. This does 2 things, stops the DZ from becoming a COD deathmatch, and makes having loot that much more tense. Players with no loot could still go rogue, which should make seeing an agent with no loot be a tricky situation when carrying loot. This would also make going solo in the DZ much more viable.

Sorry if this has been posted, had a quick look but couldn't see it. This is what is "wrong" with the balanced weapon perk according to Hamish.

"So I've talked to one of our Senior Game Designers for you and hopefully this can clarify the talent:
Balanced is reaching max accuracy very quickly when shouldering your weapon, as intended. The unintended part is that Balanced is currently stopping your reticle from leaving a "max accuracy" status when you fire your gun."

Wolfe

So basically shooting should still break the max accuracy but that talent makes it return to max faster?

Someone help me if I'm not getting this lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry if this has been posted, had a quick look but couldn't see it. This is what is "wrong" with the balanced weapon perk according to Hamish.

"So I've talked to one of our Senior Game Designers for you and hopefully this can clarify the talent:
Balanced is reaching max accuracy very quickly when shouldering your weapon, as intended. The unintended part is that Balanced is currently stopping your reticle from leaving a "max accuracy" status when you fire your gun."
lol no wonder this perk is broken.

So basically he found it too useful for the players and we can't have non of that noise lol.

Didn't he also mentioned that he's a bit of a masochist or was it the other CM?

Maximus P

=
3. In the DZ, and this is definitely fueled by all the ganking happening to me, and probably will be the most divisive. Players without loot should not be able to get killed. This does 2 things, stops the DZ from becoming a COD deathmatch, and makes having loot that much more tense. Players with no loot could still go rogue, which should make seeing an agent with no loot be a tricky situation when carrying loot. This would also make going solo in the DZ much more viable.

I got laughed at for suggesting the same thing in here.

Unfortunately some people want a deathmatch and find the most fun in the Dz running around and killing everyone on site despite already being at max DZ level and the people they're killing being lootless. I've been chased the entire map by a group of level 99ers when i neither engaged them or had any loot on my person.

The only thing i want now is some sort of system that makes me invulnerable from fire for the first 10 seconds of entering the DZ. I'm getting fed up of players camping the DZ checkpoints and I've lost so many coins and keys because of it. Either that or a window on the entrance door so i can at least look out to see if its safe.

Ted

At level 29 some of the enemies in DZ06 can still pretty much two shot me so I was super pleased I managed to extract yesterday at DZ06 to get the Mass Extraction trophy!

Getting in and out of that spot alive and with a successful extraction under my belt was frantic but great fun. That minute and a half count down has never felt so damn long.

Born2Live

Can anyone tell me what % I should have my scavange at? It's currently at 126% and I've yet to have a set item drop from a boss in the DZ.

Ty

Klyka

Banned
It's so weird, I haven't played the game in a while and all the glitches and such make it seem so unappealing but at the same time I really REALLY want the new update to come out and have new content to play :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So basically he found it too useful for the players and we can't have non of that noise lol.

Didn't he also mentioned that he's a bit of a masochist or was it the other CM?
It looks like it's meant to be a quick scope type of skill rather than one that just makes any weapon a laser.

Geneijin

That's incredibly flawed. You're basically allowing people to camp at extraction sites with impunity.

Lagamorph

I've only just noticed the lose XP mechanic in the Dark zone.

Who's the utter idiot who thought this was a good idea? This is as bad as the FFXI level down mechanic.

bosseye

3. In the DZ, and this is definitely fueled by all the ganking happening to me, and probably will be the most divisive. Players without loot should not be able to get killed. This does 2 things, stops the DZ from becoming a COD deathmatch, and makes having loot that much more tense. Players with no loot could still go rogue, which should make seeing an agent with no loot be a tricky situation when carrying loot. This would also make going solo in the DZ much more viable

That'll never work. So every time I have loot and come across a player without loot, they'll be able to kill me and I'll be able to do nothing about it?

The DZ is, most of the time, working as intended for me. Sure every so often I come across guys who destroy me and my friends and take our stuff. But every so often, me and my group of friends do that to others. Every so often we come across a group of Rogues and we're actually about balanced, leading to some real tense gun battles which are a lot of fun. Massive need to be careful if trying to 'balance' the DZ that they don;t go and ruin what makes it compelling in the first place.

Mind you, my loot luck in the DZ is so terrible, whenever I get ganked, most Rogues don't even bother to pick up the shit I'm carrying. My RNG luck in this game is Destiny all over again.

Maximus P

I've only just noticed the lose XP mechanic in the Dark zone.

Who's the utter idiot who thought this was a good idea? This is as bad as the FFXI level down mechanic.

I agree.

The punishments in the Dz are harsh.

You lose a Dz key, credits and Xp all because a group of people decide to turn on you and shoot you in the back.

I could almost understand if the punishments were there for going rouge, you take the risk of stealing someones loot than there should be punishments as well as rewards for surviving the status,and i can understand the loss of credits maybe, but Xp as well? Very harsh.

Maximus P

They just need to sort out the gear score levels then I'm good.

It's really poor design that a player with the same gear score or lower can have more DPS,Armour, Stamina and Electronics, yet this person can be in the same bracket as me.

Gear score is a really terrible way to gauge how powerful a player is and the fact that a level 31 item can have higher rolls than a level 32 item fucks up the system.

I don't mind being ganked by teams of players when i have a chance of taking one or two of them down when i get the drop on them, but to come across players that i just don't stand a chance against even if i approach them by surprise ruins the experience for me.

Seems reasonable to me, honestly.

People on reddit keep crying for immediate permabans on cheaters but as far as I am aware there is a legal reason they can't do this,right?

Not sure, but there's definitely a financial reason. Can't sell expansions to people that can't play them, right?

I wonder what the implication would be for perm-ing season pass purchasers. They've paid for services or goods that are, in effect, undeliverable.

DasTanK

Not sure, but there's definitely a financial reason. Can't sell expansions to people that can't play them, right?

I wonder what the implication would be for perm-ing season pass purchasers. They've paid for services or goods that are, in effect, undeliverable.

They lose that right when they deliberately cheat/hack. Not Massives fault for some idiot paying $100 then hacking the game ruining other players experiences.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-248717-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

New information about the actions that will be taken against cheaters and exploiters.

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans.

So basically, the majority of the player base? I can see reprimanding actual cheaters in the DZ that are going god-mode etc, but permanent ban for exploiting a bug seems a bit much. But maybe they will start with character rollback and move up for the most "egregious" offenders.

Anyways, finally hit DZ75 recently and debating scooping up the 204 ACR blueprint since I normally run Assault Rifle primary. I have around 500K DZ credits, and it costs about 300K right.

Should I grab it now or wait to see what is available after refresh later? I'd love to have it but it's quite expensive, especially since I have a decent 182 ACR, Warlord and a solid 204 SCAR-L already. Also have a 204 AUG that I use but would prefer to have an arsenal of great 204 Assault Rifles instead! VE3TRO and crew recommended to hold off last night, I'm leaning that way..

They lose that right when they deliberately cheat/hack. Not Massives fault for some idiot paying $100 then hacking the game ruining other players experiences.

I get that general sentiment. I'm thinking of the legal consequences, especially in countries with strict consumer-friendly laws.

Xanathus

It sounds like they're not actually going to permaban cheaters even on multiple repeated offenses. I recall reading somewhere that they're worried of legal repercussions from doing it. At best they'll just keep extending the ban periods.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It sounds like they're not actually going to permaban cheaters even on multiple repeated offenses. I recall reading somewhere that they're worried of legal repercussions from doing it. At best they'll just keep extending the ban periods.

I don't think permabans are needed, in any game. You just need a long enough ban that they move on to the next lowest hanging fruit. You ban somebody from this game for a month and their gear is going to be so out of date a month later that they probably will just uninstall. If they don't they just cheat to get back up to speed and get booted for another month. I can't see anybody's time being so worthless that they'd go through that cycle more than once with the same game.

Mullah88

cheating is not fine but don't expect to run it solo and not get ganked! i see a lot of solo players out in the open when i'm in a group, that's a big no no. you're supposed to hide in the shadows and use the conceal pulse to move around. i tend to run with a group when i enter the DZ but when going in solo, i make sure i have a suppressor on and the conceal pulse, always running to the sides and staying away from groups.

always be prepared to use your signature skill to run and set a way point to a location you know very well (i tend to run down the subway and make my escape when being chased.

to me the concept of the DZ is fine as is, it just needs more zones so when you run into a pvp situation, it'll be more tense than it is now.

Iceman829

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans.

So basically, the majority of the player base? I can see reprimanding actual cheaters in the DZ that are going god-mode etc, but permanent ban for exploiting a bug seems a bit much. But maybe they will start with character rollback and move up for the most "egregious" offenders.

Anyways, finally hit DZ75 recently and debating scooping up the 204 ACR blueprint since I normally run Assault Rifle primary. I have around 500K DZ credits, and it costs about 300K right.

Should I grab it now or wait to see what is available after refresh later? I'd love to have it but it's quite expensive, especially since I have a decent 182 ACR, Warlord and a solid 204 SCAR-L already. Also have a 204 AUG that I use but would prefer to have an arsenal of great 204 Assault Rifles instead! VE3TRO and crew recommended to hold off last night, I'm leaning that way..

I think the blueprints are closer to 260k, which would put you close enough to afford a new BP tonight as well with some DZ grind. I think mods are about 130k.

Dom, it sounds like you have a good amount of DZ funds at the moment. I would grab the ACR now, who knows what will be up tonight. Especially if ARs are your go to weapon of choice.

You should have a good amount left over to purchase what will be available tonight. If it is something you would want.

I just hope they have something for the level 50+.

Top Bottom