• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

vivftp

Congrats to the PC users who can now (mostly) play hacker-free in the DZ :)

So is this ban wave PC only? I know hacking isn't really all that possible on consoles, but are those people who stacked skills and whatnot going to be getting a vacation on consoles too?

deadduck

Congrats to the PC users who can now (mostly) play hacker-free in the DZ :)

So is this ban wave PC only? I know hacking isn't really all that possible on consoles, but are those people who stacked skills and whatnot going to be getting a vacation on consoles too?

The hacking is PC exclusive, so the hacking bans are PC only.

In game exploits not being hit yet. They are probably laying some ground rules for 1.2.

Hopefully they are addressing the wall breaches in 1.2. I CBA wall breaching to kill a wall breacher.

Pixels

2 weeks ago I never had any problems with roaming rogue mobs in the DZ. Now whenever I roam around I get a couple HE's and then get dropped instantly by a group. Not fun..

Sometimes I just fill up my pack full of Greens in the DZ just to mess with the Rogues who manage to kill me. Lol.

When I couldn't fight against Rogues I would only collected green performance mods. I did this mostly when I was trying to rank up. There's always some smug satisfaction when you screw them like that.

vivftp

Hmm, I know my personal experience may not mean too much in the grand scheme of things, but ever since the Thursday night update I've noticed a pretty decent improvement in the amount of Div Tech I pick up when I do a farming run. Prior to 1.1 I would get 3-7 Div Tech on a farming run. After 1.1 I would be lucky to get 2, and many runs would have zero. After the Thursday update I'm noticing between 3-5 on many runs. This is based on approx. 10 or so Div Tech runs a day for myself.

I dunno if my luck has just turned around coincidentally, but I don't care. I'm farming as much Div Tech as I can!

jesu

Having some good luck in the DZ alone tonight, killing and looting and extracting with randoms.
My DPS has jumped from 55k to 86k just tonight since finishing the campaign.
DZ is ace when it works like that, but if I was getting killed by rogues all the time I would get disheartened no doubt and play something else.
Only one team of rogues has killed me tonight, so it's been fun so far.

Jarrod38

On the Xbox One last night my group came across this one rouge and he wiped us all out with maybe to clips total. He was level 90 with a score level of 206 but then he took out other group with ease. I would like to mention we all have good gear and so on. Don't really like to cause people of cheating but what the hell at that.

vivftp

I dunno how to feel... on the one hand I'm upset that there are no dailies again. On the other hand, the selection of things to spend phoenix credits on it crap this week so there goes the major reason to do the dailies anyways...

I was also on the fence about buying the ACR blueprint last week... I guess I'll remain on the fence again this week, lol.

I dunno how to feel... on the one hand I'm upset that there are no dailies again. On the other hand, the selection of things to spend phoenix credits on it crap this week so there goes the major reason to do the dailies anyways...

I was also on the fence about buying the ACR blueprint last week... I guess I'll remain on the fence again this week, lol.

Same, was hoping for some good stuff to spend phoenix credits on, which was the whole reason I do dailies in the first place, so will probably wait till stuff gets running again.

Iceman829

Game continues to be a joke. Dailies still not working and blueprints not rotating. The next DLC should be a clown outfit for people to buy since this game is just a circus.

EL CUCO

Did the BP's not rotate for real, or did the ACR just come up again? They're supposed to be RNG

Edit: ahh only the ACR repeated. RNG gonna RNG

vivftp

Game continues to be a joke. Dailies still not working and blueprints not rotating. The next DLC should be a clown outfit for people to buy since this game is just a circus.

The blueprints rotated, but due to the RNG nature of the rotation we wound up with the ACR again.

As there isn't much to do in the game, I'm going to spend the next week farming Div Tech and probably the Incursion HM

GazzaGSi

Well at least I suppose I've got another week to level up to 75 for the ACR BP. Disappointing the dailies are screwed again, I've given them (massive) a fair bit of slack with the bugs and glitches but I'm starting to get abit pissed with it now when even the simplest of things like rotating the dailies isn't happening.
As said previously, they can hotfix things if it's too good for the player (4 HE'S off the named elite in CM) yet things that the game needs work on they either seem to fuck up or they take just too long like it's not a priority.

vivftp

Think we'll get another 150 phoenix credits for the lack of dailies? :)

EDIT.

And they really need to implement currency conversions in this game! Something like 20 phoenix credits for 10,000 DZ funds would be absolutely tits!

I was watching Hamish stream yesterday and someone suggested currency conversions to him and he said he liked the idea. Just wish he had the power to actually make such a change ;(

vivftp

The only reason I'm considering it is due to the smg nerf that's apparently happening so having a decent AR to fall back on could be handy.

Shit... not a bad thought. I'm still 90k in DZ funds away from being able to buy it, but I shouldn't have much trouble doing that in the next week.

The only ACR I currently have is a 163 with Swift, Balanced and Skilled. I kept it for Balanced, but since that's getting a nerf too I don't think it's really worth keeping it around.

Only thing that'll suck is if I do get it and there's something amazing the following week, then I'm pretty much SOL unless I heavily grind the DZ to get enough funds.

Decisions, decisions...

jesu

Having some good luck in the DZ alone tonight, killing and looting and extracting with randoms.
My DPS has jumped from 55k to 86k just tonight since finishing the campaign.
DZ is ace when it works like that, but if I was getting killed by rogues all the time I would get disheartened no doubt and play something else.
Only one team of rogues has killed me tonight, so it's been fun so far.

98k now.

MildSoss

Shit... not a bad thought. I'm still 90k in DZ funds away from being able to buy it, but I shouldn't have much trouble doing that in the next week.

The only ACR I currently have is a 163 with Swift, Balanced and Skilled. I kept it for Balanced, but since that's getting a nerf too I don't think it's really worth keeping it around.

Only thing that'll suck is if I do get it and there's something amazing the following week, then I'm pretty much SOL unless I heavily grind the DZ to get enough funds.

Decisions, decisions...

By the time that patch hits though that blue print will probably be moved to the base of operations is my guess.

ch4fx_

Hey man, I'll send you a friend request shortly and will gladly take you up on the offer to group up. My psn is IdodgerI

Will send you a friend request next time I'm on. I've kinda given up on solo leveling in the DZ, it takes forever.

Awesome guys, can't wait to group up! I'm just now getting home from work, I'll be on in 30-45 minute for the night if either of you are still online.

As said previously, they can hotfix things if it's too good for the player (4 HE'S off the named elite in CM) yet things that the game needs work on they either seem to fuck up or they take just too long like it's not a priority.

tumblr_inline_nszlq4Z2FF1qawtfi_500.jpg

I saw someone say on here you can change settings to make all chat come through the headset and not have proximity DZ chat come through the TV speakers on Xbone? Is this true? I can't find the settings anywhere. Maybe I misunderstood.

Fistwell

is it really hard to program it so the same blueprint isn't there two weeks in a row?
About as much effort as to make sure you get different dailies from a day to the next. Or that protection from elites protects you from elites. Or that swapping guns doesn't stack talent benefits. Or that rehabilitated stops working when it's supposed to. Or that balanced is working the way it's meant to. Or one is none.

These people are clowns and the players are the butt of the joke. They either don't give a shit because they got the money so who cares, or they have only a skeleton crew (of fucking dunces) left on this game with everyone else having left for other projects, or they're complete fucking tools that keep fucking up over, and over, and over, and over...

For all the shit destiny pulled, at least they were a tad professionnal about it. These here are fucking ass-clowns.

went into the dark zone to get the daily 7500 exp and didnt want to start any fights and like 2 seconds in 2 guys stand there and look at me. I`m like F*** this isnt ending well. I walk past them and suprise suprise one of them shots at me and both getting rogue. I`m like jesus guys i dont even have loot on me WTF. I changed to security link before getting in ( or what the special ability is called) and got a vector with 11k damage and 150k DPS overall.

Killed BOTH . First time ever and it was the best feeling i`ve ever had in this game. My heart was beating like crazy XD

another story, a guy comes to me. Sends me an invite and suddenly i become leader of that group and now he has the invite. And he killed me in that second. got a vid of that on my ps4.

ch4fx_

GG tonight guys. It's crazy to think that lasted 4 & a half hours.. looking forward to next time!

Nice ch4fx.

Just trying to extend the same welcome I was greeted with from you & the rest of DGAF, lasting impressions & whatnot.

Our schedules seem to be the complete opposite, more often than not I'm coming online as you're signing off, but we need to group again sometime. Things have drastically changed since we first ran Russian Consulate together back in week 2/3.

Wolfe

Just had a weird issue. Matchmade into a CM group of 3 on Russian consulate. After two people left it made me lead and each and every time I tried to matchmake more people in the game kept telling me that I couldn't matchmake in a no respawn zone. No matter where I tried it.

Ending up having to duo it, went well actually so I can't complain lol.

GG tonight guys. It's crazy to think that lasted 4 & a half hours.. looking forward to next time!

Just trying to extend the same welcome I was greeted with from you & the rest of DGAF, lasting impressions & whatnot.

Our schedules seem to be the complete opposite, more often than not I'm coming online as you're signing off, but we need to group again sometime. Things have drastically changed since we first ran Russian Consulate together back in week 2/3.

Yeah my game time has dropped significantly and I'm just in cruise mode right now where 1 hour a day is what I can stomach atm, especially solo DZ because of all the exploiters running around glitching out of bounds.

t2Xkra6.jpg

Would love to team up again, my friends actively playing the game has also dropped from the 100's to maybe half a dozen on a good day.

Just had a weird issue. Matchmade into a CM group of 3 on Russian consulate. After two people left it made me lead and each and every time I tried to matchmake more people in the game kept telling me that I couldn't matchmake in a no respawn zone. No matter where I tried it.

It's not a bug, if people leave or get kicked, you can't seem to matchmake more players unless you're out of the mission area.

Wolfe

It's not a bug, if people leave or get kicked, you can't seem to matchmake more players unless you're out of the mission area.

I've ran that mission before and the guy that was lead kept reinviting (I assume) his friend, is that different?

Edit: he was doing this from the hallway before the encounter in the panic room/library area. Dude was getting stuck behind the then closed door that lead out of the server room.

Wolfe

Seems unfortunate to me to limit the players in that way, but who knows maybe there's some reason for it I'm unaware of.

Apparently they made it so if you kick someone out, you'll have to restart the mission. Not sure tbh, they never announced it publicly afaik and given all the mission not starting bugs and mm issues, not even sure if this is supposed to happen.

Maximus P

Apparently they made it so if you kick someone out, you'll have to restart the mission. Not sure tbh, they never announced it publicly afaik and given all the mission not starting bugs and mm issues, not even sure if this is supposed to happen.

I hope this is true.

I've been kicked from missions a few times just before we get to the final section.

I have no idea if it's done intentionally, but it can be annoying when you've spent nearly an hour doing a CM to be kicked like that.

JohnCYQ

The only way to match make while in the mission area is to have the Party Leader set his group privacy to Open. It will automatically match make in that mode.

Grady

Despite all the issues I find this game to be entertaining. Made a lot of friends playing this game. Last night me and 1 other player went manhunt and killed like a mob of 8 somehow then got cornered in the subway and killed them all several more times before they finally gave up. Hours later we hunted a 4 group rouge and killed them twice while on they were on man hunt. That's why I love this game. Very satisfying destroying fools that are gear score 220 knowing they exploited the shit out of the game. Took me a while but I finally found a decent build. 3 striker, 3 sentry. 212,000 dps, 81,000 health, 12,000 skill. Just need to raise skill a little more.

GazzaGSi

I can finally check soloing a CM mission off my bucket list 😂 Thanks, Lexington.

Awesome work. There's definitely a good feeling of achievement afterwards. Did you go through with any particular build or just the build you rock with normally. For solo CM it's a skill build for me but only attempted Lex as I know it like the back of my hand :)

So guys, I'm thinking of altering my gear set.
Currently 4 striker and 2 sentry. I'm thinking of giving 3 and 3 a try. For anyone who's played with both abit what do you prefer?
I picked up a decent third sentry piece which is why I've started to think about the change and the additional 20% elite damage sounds tempting as it's always there whereas I'd need 20 shots on target with the striker gear before I even match what a 3/3 setup would offer. For slow and big enemies (heavies and big flame thrower guys) that's easy enough but sometimes you don't always even get the stikers shooter talent active with enemies in cover or moving alot.

Iceman829

Did you have privacy set to "open"? If you have privacy set to open it will continue to invite players to the game if spots are not filled. Also you mentioned a player being stuck behind a door. You would all need to wipe including that player in order to drag him through the door to your last checkpoint. Or he could just breach the door with mobile cover

It's kind of a problem when you look in vendors and think "whelp, won't be playing much this week as there is nothing I want".

God I wish they would fix the loot system.

GazzaGSi

It's kind of a problem when you look in vendors and think "whelp, won't be playing much this week as there is nothing I want".

God I wish they would fix the loot system.

Yup, had the same feeling. I'm maxed on PxC so no real need to do the dailies (when they're refreshed anyway!). I was hoping there would be a decent weapon at the BoO to buy similar to the Aug last week so I could at least blow my credits and build them back up during the week. I may increase dz rank for the ACR BP but other than that and the social aspect grouping with guys I enjoy playing with I have no real incentive to play.

Top Bottom