• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Mullah88

sooo am i the only one that knows not to mess with solo players that run around in the DZ? or people assume that they can and will win when they outnumber a solo player? well another day same shit, i do all the heavy lifting and secure a supply drop and another group decides to pick on the solo player (not knowing that i run around hoping and wishing someone will go rogue on me)....jeeb was currently sitting at a checkpoint so i decided to run around solo to grab some points

word of advice if you're going to go rogue make sure the player doesnt have a chance of using his/her signature skill set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2qQyKYCNQ

hope none of these ppl are gaffers

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still prefer my M1A without balanced to my M44 with balanced, took me a while to find a purple M1A with balanced to even see what it was all about lol. Yeah that skill is definitely working too well, sure is fun being able to shoot like that though.

I'm actually surprised how accurate it can be when blind firing from cover as well.
Yeah, I was doing well with a M1A without balanced and when I rolled one with balanced, I could see why people were freaking out about it. But even then, it's still fairly usable with a high rate of fire - you just have to be more careful.

That said, I guess autorifles will be crap again once the perk is nerfed. Unless they find some way to make them useful (presumably built in critical hit damage?).

Hjod

Banned

Wish I had your gear haha. I got ganked about 6 times today by people running in 4 man groups. I found one of them running solo later , went rogue on him and destroyed him. The problem when running solo is that as soon as you run in to a group of at least 2 players they are going to try to kill you.

So I finally hit DZ75 today, soloing my way up. And there is no BP I really want. Not that I can afford them either way, going from lvl 50 to 75 solo and I can't even afford one BP. I played myself :p.

kriskrosbbk

sooo am i the only one that knows not to mess with solo players that run around in the DZ? or people assume that they can and will win when they outnumber a solo player? well another day same shit, i do all the heavy lifting and secure a supply drop and another group decides to pick on the solo player (not knowing that i run around hoping and wishing someone will go rogue on me)....jeeb was currently sitting at a checkpoint so i decided to run around solo to grab some points

word of advice if you're going to go rogue make sure the player doesnt have a chance of using his/her signature skill set

Good stuff! I am very curious how much is your health and armor?

HMD

Your skill power must be absurdly low, that heal barely did anything to your health bar.

Jerbs

Hey, hey. I did my part! I didn't get in the way...

Thanks for grouping up!

Mullah88

Your skill power must be absurdly low, that heal barely did anything to your health bar.
90k health (got a good roll on a stamina lvl32 gear mod since my last post). mitigation 65%. helth per kill helps a bit but yeah i rarely fill up the overheal bar when being shot at

Good stuff! I am very curious how much is your health and armor?
Probably <10k

super low 5350 electronics at 530 lol. thats why i have an alt character for skills build ;)

ch4fx_

Well that sucks.

It would have to be tomorrow, but..

We could run you through a few CMs which will net you some 163+ gear. After 3-4 runs, equip what you have regardless of the stats & then we could venture into the DZ & carry you through the extractions.

It's certainly doable, but unfortunately requires a little more than just logging in & grouping up. We're already on each other's friends list, so just let me know if you wanna do this sometime.

It would have to be tomorrow, but..

We could run you through a few CMs which will net you some 163+ gear. After 3-4 runs, equip what you have regardless of the stats & then we could venture into the DZ & carry you through the extractions.

It's certainly doable, but unfortunately requires a little more than just logging in & grouping up. We're already on each other's friends list, so just let me know if you wanna do this sometime.

That'd be awesome man. I've been trying to run around solo in the DZ but I'm just fucking wrecked by groups of 3 with dudes that are DZ rank 75+ yet in my bracket. Feels incredibly discouraging as is.

That'd be awesome man. I've been trying to run around solo in the DZ but I'm just fucking wrecked by groups of 3 with dudes that are DZ rank 75+ yet in my bracket. Feels incredibly discouraging as is.

If I'm online I'm more than happy to run through some CM's and DZ stuff with you too dude.

Had some good times in Destiny so I'm sure we can do the same here!

Wolfe

Lol got an LMG with Balanced, seems like a worthless talent for it given the way the gun type works. Gotta admit it's fun shooting off almost 200 rounds a mag though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh? I'm pretty sure anyone can join a group of 161+ players in the DZ. But, yeah, you can't go to the 161+ zone solo if your GS is 160 or less.
You can go up a bracket? I mean I started above 161 and never cheated to try to go into the lower bracket, so I just assumed it would be a DZ mismatch like all the other brackets.

Brakara

You can go up a bracket? I mean I started above 161 and never cheated to try to go into the lower bracket, so I just assumed it would be a DZ mismatch like all the other brackets.

You have to join someone who's in that bracket, either by joining a friend or having someone send you an invite. You also have to confirm that you really, really want to enter that bracket, since you're underscored.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You have to join someone who's in that bracket, either by joining a friend or having someone send you an invite. You also have to confirm that you really, really want to enter that bracket, since you're underscored.
Well, there you go.
Honestly if you aren't looking to PVP, there's not to do it.

Maximus P

i really don't see the point in playing this now before the next update if they're going to boost loot.

Yesterday, i ran to a nearby loot drop and fought off the surrounding enemies. Before i could collect the box, i encountered a group of 3 who fired on me as soon as they caught my eye. I popped my signature and took 2 of them out and the 3rd ran away...I then came across another couple of chancers who decided to try and take the loot while i busy with the first group, so i battled and killed them too.

It felt good fending off all the players like that, so i decided to pick up my spoils of war.....

2 purple items and a performance mod from the named enemy.

Klyka

Banned
i really don't see the point in playing this now before the next update if they're going to boost loot.

Yesterday, i ran to a nearby loot drop and fought off the surrounding enemies. Before i could collect the box, i encountered a group of 3 who fired on me as soon as they caught my eye. I popped my signature and took 2 of them out and the 3rd ran away...I then came across another couple of chancers who decided to try and take the loot while i busy with the first group, so i battled and killed them too.

It felt good fending off all the players like that, so i decided to pick up my spoils of war.....

2 purple items and a performance mod from the named enemy.

Yeah, I'm currently wiating for the new content update.

I do every couple days or so run a quick CM mission, cause I still like the feel of playing the game,but I won't put lots of hours into it at this current state.

SkylineRKR

Incursion is so damn terrible.

Always ignored it, and so far I got 3x striker and one Tactician through DZ, CM drops and crafting. So anyway I tried my luck with randoms, I was 3x Striker and 185 ish so good enough right?

It was and the run went fairly smooth, thats not the problem. The problem is that its fucking terrible and absolutely not fun. It comes to down camp in the trench, spam heals, pulse and the occasional flashbang. Who the fuck designed this shit? Whenever I tried to do it 'properly' the APC would snipe me. So I sat, taking potshots with the M1A, switch to AUG and crowd control for the few mobs that run in. I enjoy CM missions much more than this shit.

Well I got good loot I guess, Striker backpack (4x striker now, feels sort of useless on controller and w/o good LMG meta though), and a Sentry backpack. Aiming for 3x striker, 3x sentry now. Or Tactician, whatever comes first, need Holster and body armor.

Maximus P

DZ for XP.

CM for bird bucks.

FL for gear items.

I'm full on Phoenix credits and i can't really see the point in buying anything now because I'm afraid that anything i buy will lead to regret once the new update hits.

What I'm doing now is playing with my level 16 Alt with a couple of friends who don't get much free time, so are very low leveled. The DZ is so much fun at that level.

FL is difficult for me. I have only ever played a handful of times and only have 2 friends that are also level 30 but neither seem to be on at the same time so i mostly match with randoms which ends with poor results.

If anyone ever wants to let a lower level tag along on CM incursion on Xbox, add me? gt shawnoftheshred

I've completed hard mode a dozen or so times and would love to try to upgrade some gear set items now...

jamesdbc

Neo Member
I'm full on Phoenix credits and i can't really see the point in buying anything now because I'm afraid that anything i buy will lead to regret once the new update hits.

What I'm doing now is playing with my level 16 Alt with a couple of friends who don't get much free time, so are very low leveled. The DZ is so much fun at that level.

FL is difficult for me. I have only ever played a handful of times and only have 2 friends that are also level 30 but neither seem to be on at the same time so i mostly match with randoms which ends with poor results.

You on PS4?

Brakara

1.2 is still weeks away, so there's plenty of time to earn back any credits spent. Maybe pick up a weapon or two (or blueprints) in preparation for the weapon buffs?

Yeah, the 161+ DZ is a shitfest. I downgrade to 0-160 because I can usually grind DZ04-06 alone there, but now that I got the 4th sentry set piece, it's just too much of a hassle. But maybe I'll level up my level 6 character so I can check out the 0-14 zone as I never went into the DZ when I progressed my main char. I love the concept of the DZ, but when everybody is just group ganking you, it's just not fun (not to mention impossible to rank up either).

Maybe I've been lucky, but the two times I've done FL, we managed to finish it (with randoms). First time we wiped once on wave 8, but the second time we finished it without any problems. The main issue with FL, and the reason I'm not playing it more than once a week, is that it's a really bad horde mode (and I love the horde modes in Gears 3 and Mass Effect 3). But, hopefully, the next incursion will be more fun to play. I'd also like to see some more challenge modes for the main missions (shouldn't be too hard to make).

SkylineRKR

Well that was tense. It seems DZ04 div tech building is a PvP meeting place. I shot down a few rogues there, got shot down myself by some warping dude with lvl 99 (he hit me through walls, dunno if it was lag switch but he didn't aim at me at all). So I went to the safe house, saw supply drop, picked it up as no one was around. Shot down the guardian and he dropped a Socom weapon, thought M4 'meh'. 2 guys came along, and I decided I wouldn't pick up the loot just yet. They stared a bit, I made some jumping jacks and walked away. They ran out of my sight. So I picked up the weapon, wanted to go to DZ02 Extract. On the way, hordes of NPCs and named. I thought 'well, shit'. So after endless shooting it was quiet. But I thought 'DZ02 heli platform is a bit of a choke point'. I went to DZ 01. No one there, extraced and it was a Socom M1A. With Balanced as its free perk. Steady and Provident being the others.

I know it will be nerfed, but I love it. And friday I was gutted I only got a Classic.

ch4fx_

I'll be around all day today, so you should see me online. Regardless of what I'm playing, message me & I'll hope on The Division & we will try to get this done.

Ally1987

Something I don't understand with this DPS thing. When I'm equipping my primary gun, a Aug, the primary gun DPS is 260k. But when I'm equipping my secondery weapon, a rifle, the primary gun DPS suddenly rises up to 290k?

Here I am equipped with my primary gun. Primary gun DPS is 260k
fBPb.jpg

I am equipped with my secondary gun here. Primary gun DPS is then 290k
iBPb.jpg

^ been having similarly weird problems (even outside of the Base Of Operations) where my DPS shows as 211k most of the time, but sometimes when I check it shows 194k. This is with the 192 Vector. Frustrating, as I'm not sure which stat is correct.

That happens to me too, and what I think is, it calculates the DPS based on the weapon talents. So if your 2nd weapon has talents that drive the DPS up, it will show that percentage on the 1st weapon too, when the cursor is over it, but once you actually press the button and choose said weapon it calculates the DPS again based on this weapon's talents and then it goes back down.

Top Bottom