• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Sumidor

Finally got a Midas to drop and... worthless. Are any of the named guns actually any good?

Also, I solo a lot in the DZ and wouldn't mind any company. Also, still haven't done incursion yet. I tried adding a few GAFers, but my friend requests never got accepted :(

PSN: Sumidor

SkylineRKR

Finally got a Midas to drop and... worthless. Are any of the named guns actually any good?

Also, I solo a lot in the DZ and wouldn't mind any company. Also, still haven't done incursion yet. I tried adding a few GAFers, but my friend requests never got accepted :(

PSN: Sumidor

Caduceus is good for having Coolheaded on an AR. The rest of the named weapons are shit.

Is the consensus that the 182 Vector is still one of the best guns in the game? I have a decent, not godlike roll on it and love mine, but wondering if I should be aiming for anything else at this point...

Bollocks

sorry if this has been asked to death.
does the daily challenge scale with stats?
aka I think you need to do at least 100k dps, now since we surpassed that it should be easier for us?

sorry if this has been asked to death.
does the daily challenge scale with stats?
aka I think you need to do at least 100k dps, now since we surpassed that it should be easier for us?

No it does not scale. Hard missions scale according to the number of players. CM missions are always scaled to 4 players.

Lagamorph

Good god getting an Incursion group is god awfully difficult.

Virtually everytime I try I've been kicked from the group before the (stupidly long) loading screen has even finished. When it doesn't, I'll maybe last 5 seconds before either getting kicked from the group, or everyone else just leaves.

Sure, I get that my Gear Score is only 165 so I'm not gonna be the best, but it's like anyone with a score below 190 is just getting kicked immediately by most people.

As it stands I've only ever managed to get into an Incursion group twice. The first time was 3 newbies and 1 person who'd done it before who got halfway through before deciding we were terrible and groups needed at least 3 people who'd already done it.
The second time was an actually decent group with one veteran who was happy to guide us through, but that seems to be a major exception.

Quazar

Virtually everytime I try I've been kicked from the group before the (stupidly long) loading screen has even finished. When it doesn't, I'll maybe last 5 seconds before either getting kicked from the group, or everyone else just leaves.

Sure, I get that my Gear Score is only 165 so I'm not gonna be the best, but it's like anyone with a score below 190 is just getting kicked immediately by most people.

As it stands I've only ever managed to get into an Incursion group twice. The first time was 3 newbies and 1 person who'd done it before who got halfway through before deciding we were terrible and groups needed at least 3 people who'd already done it.
The second time was an actually decent group with one veteran who was happy to guide us through, but that seems to be a major exception.

What are you playing on? I've noticed score hate as well recently. I'm at 209 so I don't have problems.

ODDI

Made a skill built character blowing up shit thought it was a good time to test him in the DZ next thing I know I'm running around with 2 randoms hunting (and hunted by) rouges and managed to get to lvl 30 within a single playthrough. The build so far is a lot of fun but can't take any sort of hits hopefully I can resolve or ease the blow soon.

Mullah88

Made a skill built character blowing up shit thought it was a good time to test him in the DZ next thing I know I'm running around with 2 randoms hunting (and hunted by) rouges and managed to get to lvl 30 within a single playthrough. The build so far is a lot of fun but can't take any sort of hits hopefully I can resolve or ease the blow soon.

my skills build dps is low as shit but health is at 120k, just need to be in a group and have triage talent. the sticky is my primary for that build

(182) Navy MP5, or a 204 aug bp
Is one more likely to be better than the other given my setup? Would love to find a way to get my health and DPS up a bit more overall.
ahFH9UN.jpg

kriskrosbbk

I am not sure what to say here.I would kick you as well(I am 208atm) but is this the right decision to take?I started an incursion today with two more players over 200 and a friend who is 188.Both 200+ were quite terrible I must say.We all died on wave 15 as I was running to place the last explosive without Signature while they both had it ready and never triggered it .I guess it is not only that stupid number ,but skills and maybe some brain electrical activity!

Lagamorph

What are you playing on? I've noticed score hate as well recently. I'm at 209 so I don't have problems.

Playing on PC.

I am not sure what to say here.I would kick you as well(I am 208atm) but is this the right decision to take?I started an incursion today with two more players over 200 and a friend who is 188.Both 200+ were quite terrible I must say.We all died on wave 15 as I was running to place the last explosive without Signature while they both had it ready and never triggered it .I guess it is not only that stupid number ,but skills and maybe some brain electrical activity!
The problem is, how are you supposed to get your score up if you get kicked from groups that you're joining to get higher scored gear?
Especially considering the DZ is harder than ever to solo effectively.

I'm certainly no one man army,
NCyxXHg.jpg

But I wouldn't say I'm utterly terrible for my overall gear score.

I'm getting to 200k DZ credits and I'm still not sure what to buy. Should I get the M1A? Or should I get lvl 32 mods? I don't have any level 32 mods, do they actually make a difference? Because they're VERY expensive. Currently my dps with my AUG is around 200k.

If anyone wanna go for the incursion hard mode on pc, feel free to add me:

teztinglotus

Added you, hit me up when you see me on because I'm usually down to join incursion.

If on pc add me: reconfig2501.

I'm not a GS snob so I don't usually kick people. I only judge them for their skills and what they bring to the table. I only kicked 1 person before not because of his 92GS on Russian Challenge mode. But because he didn't help with heal and revive when asked repeatedly for it.

vivftp

Hmm, I didn't get my weekly reward for HM Incursion, but my friends did. I wasn't the team leader and it was our first clear after the reset. I have the countdown timer saying rewards will reset in about another week.

Well, that sucks :(

120v

personally i'm not even bothering with incursion until north of 190 (at 180 currently). i'd recommend just grinding out DZ and CMs until then, but that's just me

i usually grind DZ around 6 pm CST if you want to join... ubi: rcsandell

Wolfe

Is the consensus that the 182 Vector is still one of the best guns in the game? I have a decent, not godlike roll on it and love mine, but wondering if I should be aiming for anything else at this point...

If it makes you feel any better I'm still rocking two 163 score weapons as my primaries (while most of my guns I'm holding onto are 182 GS).

My stats are 200k/70k/14k so fuck it lol, 163 guns it is.

Although yeah it is sad getting kicked from groups with 190 GS :p, luckily doesn't seem to happen too often.

SkylineRKR

I beat FL with 163 weaps. Socom M1A,Scar L, and Aug. All very decent rolls.

I don't like the Vector. I don't like how it shoots. Deconstructed both FW and vanilla version.

Got 163 Tactical Aug with great talents and high base damage, i love it. I think it has destructive, fierce and brutal or something.

Also got 182 Navy MP5 with responsive, deadly and meticulous. Its my first decent roll and sick of farming mats so I settle. But MP5 has 63 bullets, and shoots lovely. Both AUG and MP5 are better than Vector imo.

Brakara

Although yeah it is sad getting kicked from groups with 190 GS :p, luckily doesn't seem to happen too often.

That's pretty bullshit. My dps goes down a lot if I go from GS 194 to 201 since I then lose reckless and savage on my chest and gloves.

Wolfe

Speaking of how guns shoot, I take it back, I'm going back to my crafted 182 black market AK.

After using the tactical ACR that I got for a while, even with it's improved accuracy and higher rate of fire, it was just too jumpy and makes the AK feel solid as hell while shooting. Control while firing is also very much improved over the ACR. Neither weapon had any stability type talents and both were using the same mods.

So now my meaningless GS is back up to 192.

Btw I finally ran in a CM with a dude rocking 4 piece sentry I'm guessing? The one that gives the marks over the targets head. Well striker, sentry, whatever it is I hadn't managed to end up grouping with anyone rocking it till the other night. Shit is beyond too good, mark a target up and it just melts even with just one person on it if they can keep on the head.

Can definitely see the appeal lol.

Edit:
That's pretty bullshit. My dps goes down a lot if I go from GS 194 to 201 since I then lose reckless and savage on my chest and gloves.

I decided to just bank my reckless chest and savage gloves and rock my hokey 3 striker/2 sentry setup with an HE backpack as with the mods I am using (proto mods with armor) am able to get decent stats while almost hitting mitigation % cap, less than a percent away. Which is by far the best I've gotten it yet as I was struggling to hit 55 and then 60%. I think I'm finally getting some decent weapon mods which helps a lot too. Obviously I don't know what you're rocking so I can only give examples of areas where I felt I gained a lot of benefit from.

Fistwell

i prefer the mp5 because of the RPM and bullet count.
I completely hear you but I ended up going to opposite way. I started out with an MP5 and loved the RPM and mag size. Then swapped it for a vector and I've come to love the higher dmg per bullet. When I go back, my MP5s feel like bullet hose pea shooters now (borderline atheon's epilogue). I always end up burning through ammo super fast with the MP5. I rely too much on it having more bullets, so I spray a lot more.

Both guns (and the aug) are solid (if you get good rolls). I think it's mainly down to personal preference, play style, and maybe whichever gun you got the better roll on.

Rizific

Playing on PC.

The problem is, how are you supposed to get your score up if you get kicked from groups that you're joining to get higher scored gear?
Especially considering the DZ is harder than ever to solo effectively.

I'm certainly no one man army,
NCyxXHg.jpg

But I wouldn't say I'm utterly terrible for my overall gear score.
That looks pretty terrible even for the cm dailies. There are craftable 214 set piece masks and knee pads purchasable with pxc. Blue gear mods? There are also HE gear mod blueprints available at BoO purchasable with pxc. Seems like you haven't even put in enough work with the cm dailies or dz and you want to be carried through the incursion. It's still fairly difficult even with better gear. Do the daily cm and farm Lexington for ez HE gear and pxc, buy blueprints and craft what you can.

SkylineRKR

Sentry is awesome. I have 4 striker and 1 sentry but that will change. Striker needs to be buffed, almost no point in having 4. Penalty too huge, not much situations where you can keep DPS.

Don't buy gear mods. They drop so fucking many. Good ones too.

kriskrosbbk

lAhyInz.jpg

Happy with my build right now. Still have room to improve if I can get good sentry holster and 204 savage glove.

Good stuff right here man. I am more or less the same but oh man I need to buff that skill power myself.Are these four mods for it only?

Brakara

I decided to just bank my reckless chest and savage gloves and rock my hokey 3 striker/2 sentry setup with an HE backpack as with the mods I am using (proto mods with armor) am able to get decent stats while almost hitting mitigation % cap, less than a percent away. Which is by far the best I've gotten it yet as I was struggling to hit 55 and then 60%. I think I'm finally getting some decent weapon mods which helps a lot too. Obviously I don't know what you're rocking so I can only give examples of areas where I felt I gained a lot of benefit from.

4 sentry items, chest with reckless and gloves with savage, crit chance, crit damage and SMG damage. The 4th sentry item really makes it work though.

EL CUCO

I'm most likely gonna be bouncing around between Division and Uncharted 4. Probably go back to the old routine of doing Incursions or whatever activity is available, then come back for resets...which is fine with me. I still enjoy this game, but I do need my competitive PVP fix that I know Uncharted 4 will deliver on. I really hope Massive adds a structured PVP mode in future updates. I miss the Ghost Recon days.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Think I'm done with this until 1.2 or 1.3. Nothing else to do.

I definitely am done. I took some of the advise in this thread and went into the DZ just to kill bosses and mobs. Trying to get my DZ level up. No intentions of getting loot, or extracting. I was hoping that wouldn't make me a target for rogues, but after getting killed 4 times in .4 seconds while just walking down the street, while carrying no loot, I gave up on it. Give me something to do that doesn't involve the DZ or doing the same missions over and over again. DZ sucks for solo and I play at such random times, it is hard to get in a group. Matchmaking results in me getting kicked because my GS is too low.

I just went back to Diablo 3 until 1.2 comes out. Not whining, just telling my experiences. Even if I dropped the game for good, I have gotten my money's worth for sure. Hopefully there are changes to PvE because I don't have the patience for DZ in it's current state.

I'm building up my second character as a Skill Power build and it's pretty fun. I'm at 30K SP, so I'm not completely optimized. My secondary focus is going to be stamina and I'm going to run with the Liberator. My gear score is only 133 at the moment, but I decided to take it into the 161+ DZ and it did pretty well. I took down a couple of agents with the one two punch of BFB sticky bomb and seeker mine.

This is going to be a fun build when i don't want to play my normal marksman build.

Also, if I killed you for no reason in the DZ last night, I'm sorry. I was just experimenting with the build!

Hjod

Banned
Uncharted is out.
Witcher Blood and Wine comes out on 31st may.

The 1.2 update better be good else RIP Division.

Yeah, I hit 75 a couple a days ago and I feel like I hit a wall. And with UC4 out now and Witcher 3 Expansion later, it has been fun The Division but I think I'm done for now.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah I'll probably hit up Witcher 3. I got to like 90% completed back when it released but never finished the main story or some quests. Good time to do now before that DLC releases. Uncharted 4 I might wait to see whats going on with PS4K.

I don't feel like theres anything else to do in Division. I'm 216 GS, 99 DZ, got the gear set pieces I wanted. Maxed out PXC and millions in funds. Can't be assed with Incursion. Dailies are repetitive. Drops are usually wank. Its been like this for weeks now. Also getting fed up with the tank players who seem to drop me in split seconds when I have 110k health, maxed out armour and the lag is a fucking nightmare.

Just have fun killing rouges /Bambi's with us

Bit bored of that now to be honest.

Top Bottom