• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

elelunicy

Something I don't understand with this DPS thing. When I'm equipping my primary gun, a Aug, the primary gun DPS is 260k. But when I'm equipping my secondery weapon, a rifle, the primary gun DPS suddenly rises up to 290k?

Here I am equipped with my primary gun. Primary gun DPS is 260k
fBPb.jpg

I am equipped with my secondary gun here. Primary gun DPS is then 290k
iBPb.jpg

In the second pic the game shows what your AUG's dps would have been if it had your secondary weapon's talents (and you have Vicious on your rifle which is a huge dps inflator). It's only a visual glitch and it has no real effect.

I'm a 171 and I'm trying to level up as quickly as possible to be able to do the incursion with a friend who is I believe around 195. I go in the DZ to try out my new Vector and I kill a boss who drop my first ever Green item. I go like: "No way!!!"
It the nomad backpack.

I get this baby to the nearest extraction point and I equip the anti pulse for safety and when the chopper get in, 2-3 NPC spawn so I stop attaching my bag to deal with then but then an agent comes by and drops me in half a freakin second. I was 3-4 seconds away from extracting... got me real mad.

I respwan and run back quickly to see my stuff still laying there. I can't believe it but I go and pick it up again but the extatction is over so I'm waiting for a new one but I decide to hide further this time. We'll, guess what? I get jumed again but this time by two (who weren't rogue to begin with) and they steal my loot again. What the fuck!

I know it's the DZ and all that but I didn't stand a chance again none of these guys. I went down both time so quick I didn't have time to react. I feel like the DZ brackets are to big. I should've had at least a fighting chance but nope...

Why did I get in the same DZ as these guys? I was so close to getting my first green and now I really hate the freaking game for being so unfair. And don't give me that "Git Good" crap. I'm so freakin pissed right now...

Edit: I don't have time to play everyday (therefore the 171 score) so I feel like I'm so behind on the "current state of the game". I feel like so many players are maxed out (maybe i read this thread to much). It's just that I can't do the challenge modes nor the incursion Cuz the rest of the player who are still playing are the hardcores and Massive are catering to them. I can't play enough to keep up to the pace and now this type of shit happens to me. I bought the season pass and I fear my guy won't be strong enough to keep up with the new content...

I'm a 171 and I'm trying to level up as quickly as possible to be able to do the incursion with a friend who is I believe around 195. I go in the DZ to try out my new Vector and I kill a boss who drop my first ever Green item. I go like: "No way!!!"
It the nomad backpack.

I get this baby to the nearest extraction point and I equip the anti pulse for safety and when the chopper get in, 2-3 NPC spawn so I stop attaching my bag to deal with then but then an agent comes by and drops me in half a freakin second. I was 3-4 seconds away from extracting... got me real mad.

I respwan and run back quickly to see my stuff still laying there. I can't believe it but I go and pick it up again but the extatction is over so I'm waiting for a new one but I decide to hide further this time. We'll, guess what? I get jumed again but this time by two (who weren't rogue to begin with) and they steal my loot again. What the fuck!

I know it's the DZ and all that but I didn't stand a chance again none of these guys. I went down both time so quick I didn't have time to react. I feel like the DZ brackets are to big. I should've had at least a fighting chance but nope...

Why did I get in the same DZ as these guys? I was so close to getting my first green and now I really hate the freaking game for being so unfair. And don't give me that "Git Good" crap. I'm so freakin pissed right now...

I've learned to accept that picking up items just doesn't mean anything until they get extracted. I don't get excited or attached to pickups anymore, because as a solo player chances are that they will be lost. To be fair, I have yet to get anything useful or over level 182 from the DZ anyway so I can't really speak for you. I probably would have been pissed too if it was a 204 item. I swear those don't even drop over there.

120v

It the nomad backpack.

whenever solo and extracting loot you really, really want it's best to be paranoid as possible. what i do is signal a fake-out extraction on one end of the map to lure any possible assholes. then run to the other extraction point, call it in, run off again and wait until the chopper is about 20-10 seconds away from departing and then pulse, run to it, pop my ult, and extract. and i usually do it in dz01 so enemy AI isn't an issue

I've learned to accept that picking up items just doesn't mean anything until they get extracted. I don't get excited or attached to pickups anymore, because as a solo player chances are that they will be lost. To be fair, I have yet to get anything useful or over level 182 from the DZ anyway so I can't really speak for you. I probably would have been pissed too if it was a 204 item. I swear those don't even drop over there.

That's why I was so pissed. Best item I the game that drops from a boss at a regular encounter. I got lucky and then got robbed... I guess you're right. I should not get to excited next time. If there is one...

BTW read my edit.

whenever solo and extracting loot you really, really want it's best to be paranoid as possible. what i do is signal a fake-out extraction on one end of the map to lure any possible assholes. then run to the other extraction point, call it in, run off again and wait until the chopper is about 20-10 seconds away from departing and then pulse, run to it, pop my ult, and extract. and i usually do it in dz01 so enemy AI isn't an issue

Good advice. I'll do that. Thanks

That's why I was so pissed. Best item I the game that drops from a boss at a regular encounter. I got lucky and then got robbed... I guess you're right. I should not get to excited next time. If there is one...

BTW read my edit.

I hear you. With your level though you should be fine with Challenging missions, you should try matchmaking a Lexington run, since that's the easiest and fast of the bunch. I'm just like you, I don't have as much time as I'd like and I have yet to do an incursion. I can get my guy up to 192 gear score, but in order to be efficient with weapons that actually work well with my style of play, I have to use 160 and 180 score guns.

I'm waiting to hear from Massive just what they plan to do with the PvE stuff they teased about last week.

Anyway. I just hope they won't only cater to the hardcore players. It's not fun always being two steps behind...

Worst of all, after that, I stopped playing to go watch GoT but I could not enjoy the show because I was only thinking about my Nomad backpack... hehe... show was good but I was too pissed... hehe!

Geneijin

If you guys with low gear score are on PS4 and interested in running Incursion on Hard, feel free to ask me if you need a spare. I wouldn't mind helping. Just let me know in advance and maybe we could all schedule a time together in the thread.

PSN kopyasu

120v

yeah game is laggy as fuck today.

i got the "you can't deconstruct contaminated items" prompt in the BoO. lol

ch4fx_

If you guys with low gear score are on PS4 and interested in running Incursion on Hard, feel free to ask me if you need a spare. I wouldn't mind helping. Just let me know in advance and maybe we could all schedule a time together in the thread.

PSN kopyasu

I like this guy :). Kudos, Geneijin.

Same for me, don't mind helping run HM. My Division time has cut down drastically until 1.2 comes out -- my playtime usually consists of running the DZ with a pal, trying to get him to level 75. However, I do keep a constant eye on the thread so feel free to ask if you need an extra (for anything, not just Incursions).

fr0st

Banned
Is scavenging still worth it? I want to save it for next update since it puts me at 97% but I can roll damage to elites for more damage...what should I do?

Maximus P

Not. At. All.
Busted. As. Fuck.

They're "supposed" to be fixing it, but avoid it for the time being.

i have full nomad set and one of the pieces has 80%+ scavenging IIRC.

It's useless. I've only ever found 2 items in the DZ above 163gs and never found a gear set item from a single CM despite running them daily.

120v

don't know the veracity of it but i recently saw a youtube saying all scavenging does is increase drops. as in, not quality of drops, just more regardless of whether they're greens, blues ect

i'm inclined to believe it because i'm rocking the nomad set and my DZ map is always littered with a trail of blue and green everywhere i've been.

i'm sticking with it in hopes the issue is "fixed" but i should probably know better

PSN kopyasu

I'd love to get through the incursion at least once. I've been close with pick ups, but have not made it all the way through yet. I'm GS187 or something like that.

Maybe we can get something going this week sometime?

kriskrosbbk

I will be back home from work in 2 hours and we can do it .
Need to burst some headshots with my new 204 M1A.
GS 208.

PSN:kriskrosbbk

Yesterday I got downed 3 times by the NPCs while soloing in the DZ. Shotgunners that respawned out of nowhere. I mean, it's basically 2 shots and you're dead.

ch4fx_

I'd love to get through the incursion at least once. I've been close with pick ups, but have not made it all the way through yet. I'm GS187 or something like that.

Maybe we can get something going this week sometime?

My weekly schedule can be a bit of a pain, but I'm down to help if we're all online at the same time. I'm available at night, usually around 9 central. If that matches up with anyone's schedule, count me in. I should have a few dudes on my friends list that can help as well.

bosseye

Is there anywhere to buy Striker Gearset stuff? I've got Striker gloves, mask and kneepads thus far, but I can't find anywhere to buy the other pieces. Gloves dropped in the DZ, the other two bits I bought I think. DZ06 vendor has had nothing but Nomad gear for ages now. The guy in the BoO only has Sentry and Tactician stuff I believe.

Do I just have to keep relying on RNG to get the rest? I've yet to do the Incursion, keep wiping at like Wave 4. I know minty greens drop in the DZ (I had Tacticians Authority gloves from a supply crate yesterday).

I genuinely can't find anything to spend my DZ currency on. I can't bring myself to buy mods as (maybe I'm missing something, but) it seems a complete lottery as to whether the mod makes any improvements to stats. I'm only DZ level 47 though, so perhaps better stuff unlocks at 50+

Maximus P

don't know the veracity of it but i recently saw a youtube saying all scavenging does is increase drops. as in, not quality of drops, just more regardless of whether they're greens, blues ect

i'm inclined to believe it because i'm rocking the nomad set and my DZ map is always littered with a trail of blue and green everywhere i've been.

I'm sticking with it in hopes the issue is "fixed" but i should probably know better

Yeah, it does increase drops of low end items. I too have often seen the Dz littered with blue and Green items. Unfortunately it doesn't increase drops of HE or the quality of HE items which kind of makes the 100 nomad bonus redundant as the items will always be poorer than what you have already.

I wouldn't even mind if it just boosted the amount of credits and keys you came across, but it doesn't even do that.

Archpath1

Paired up with a group of randos first timers CM incursion

We actually pulled it off
I barked out some orders but it lead to success

Woop

blacklotus

Same. Worked now, after i unninstalled SpyHunter.

Edit: Spoke to soon. I can get to the character, but i can't join server after that.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
sooo am i the only one that knows not to mess with solo players that run around in the DZ? or people assume that they can and will win when they outnumber a solo player? well another day same shit, i do all the heavy lifting and secure a supply drop and another group decides to pick on the solo player (not knowing that i run around hoping and wishing someone will go rogue on me)....jeeb was currently sitting at a checkpoint so i decided to run around solo to grab some points

word of advice if you're going to go rogue make sure the player doesnt have a chance of using his/her signature skill set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2qQyKYCNQ

hope none of these ppl are gaffers

LOL - what a beatdown. Well done.

Paired up with a group of randos first timers CM incursion

We actually pulled it off
I barked out some orders but it lead to success

Woop

Damn, I was hoping you would be on last night I wanted to try the CM Incursion with you. I did the HM last night with some randos and completed on our first try. That Tactician set is a beast I had damn near 100% up-time on health station and overheal.

Archpath1

Damn, I was hoping you would be on last night I wanted to try the CM Incursion with you. I did the HM last night with some randos and completed on our first try. That Tactician set is a beast I had damn near 100% up-time on health station and overheal.

Damn ill be on later after exams

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If anyone is in groups and a solo player starts going rogue then leave or ignore them, theres a new glitch out with the mobile shield which makes you invincible and people are doing this to get an easy manhunt.

Mullah88

If anyone is in groups and a solo player starts going rogue then leave or ignore them, theres a new glitch out with the mobile shield which makes you invincible and people are doing this to get an easy manhunt.

lol mobile cover to mobile shield

This sounds interesting (◔.◔)

SkylineRKR

Is there anywhere to buy Striker Gearset stuff? I've got Striker gloves, mask and kneepads thus far, but I can't find anywhere to buy the other pieces. Gloves dropped in the DZ, the other two bits I bought I think. DZ06 vendor has had nothing but Nomad gear for ages now. The guy in the BoO only has Sentry and Tactician stuff I believe.

Do I just have to keep relying on RNG to get the rest? I've yet to do the Incursion, keep wiping at like Wave 4. I know minty greens drop in the DZ (I had Tacticians Authority gloves from a supply crate yesterday).

I genuinely can't find anything to spend my DZ currency on. I can't bring myself to buy mods as (maybe I'm missing something, but) it seems a complete lottery as to whether the mod makes any improvements to stats. I'm only DZ level 47 though, so perhaps better stuff unlocks at 50+

Falcon Lost. I got 2 backpacks there (Striker and Sentry). Backpack or chest should be pretty much guaranteed in FL I think.

I also got kneepads from Larae in CM, and a few pieces from DZ.

Got 4x striker but its shit imo. I switched the 4th out for a better Sentry piece and aiming for 2 more.

Really wanting some striker or sentry's call gloves, but am getting WRECKED in CM Incursion and the Dark Zone has only popped up one gear set item (I'm DZ level 44), Tactician's gloves.

Brakara

Really wanting some striker or sentry's call gloves, but am getting WRECKED in CM Incursion and the Dark Zone has only popped up one gear set item (I'm DZ level 44), Tactician's gloves.

I got my first gear set drop in the DZ earlier today, striker's gloves that dropped from a named boss in DZ01S. I actually ran up to the extraction in DZ05W because the server was filled with rogues (had to sneak past two groups on my way up north). I even used survivor link right before extracting even though the pulse showed nobody was nearby, just to be sure.

Though I'm not going to use them until reckless is fixed as I have savage on my current gloves, and the other striker gear set item I have is the chest armor. So currently I'm still only at GS 194 running 4 sentry gear set items (2 from crafting and 2 from HM FL). I guess the next thing to try is CM FL, but with randoms I don't see that happening any time soon.

I got my first gear set drop in the DZ earlier today, striker's gloves that dropped from a named boss in DZ01S. I actually ran up to the extraction in DZ05W because the server was filled with rogues (had to sneak past two groups on my way up north). I even used survivor link right before extracting even though the pulse showed nobody was nearby, just to be sure.

Though I'm not going to use them until reckless is fixed as I have savage on my current gloves, and the other striker gear set item I have is the chest armor. So currently I'm still only at GS 194 running 4 sentry gear set items (2 from crafting and 2 from HM FL). I guess the next thing to try is CM FL, but with randoms I don't see that happening any time soon.
Yeah, I've been there with the desperate extraction attempts, that's for sure...luckily (unluckily?) I mostly tend to get dropped by rogues when I'm not even carrying anything. Just random 1-2 shots for XP I guess. I guess I'll hope for the best (getting lucky with Darzone drops) to get that 3/3 or 4/2 split of Striker/Sentry's Call going.

Top Bottom