• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

Had to disable Neutral lighting last night. Too many players going Rogue while you're not looking, lately. At night it's so dark I feel like I'm giving them the advantage.

Iceman829

Yeah I'll probably hit up Witcher 3. I got to like 90% completed back when it released but never finished the main story or some quests. Good time to do now before that DLC releases. Uncharted 4 I might wait to see whats going on with PS4K.

I don't feel like theres anything else to do in Division. I'm 216 GS, 99 DZ, got the gear set pieces I wanted. Maxed out PXC and millions in funds. Can't be assed with Incursion. Dailies are repetitive. Drops are usually wank. Its been like this for weeks now. Also getting fed up with the tank players who seem to drop me in split seconds when I have 110k health, maxed out armour and the lag is a fucking nightmare.

Bit bored of that now to be honest.

Yea, I really can't be bothered trying to farm up better gear when better loot drops / higher GS drops are around the corner and I still have plenty of supplies. I'm almost at the wait and see phase of the game. I stopped signing in because the only people playing on my friends list would be your group and I had no desire to team up with randoms.

I had a bunch of fun with the Overwatch beta, but that's over now. I guess I fire up some CoD tonight to headshot some bushwookies. Hopefully 1.2 comes before the Overwatch release.

Everyone's having the time of their life with Uncharted 4 and I'm sat here trying and failing for an hour to get into an incursion group. Think I might have to finally get a PS4 this weekend...

fr0st

Banned
Didn't get a weekly for the incursion...wtf
EDIT: also sentry set is op as fuck...need to work only with snipers or something.

what is a good sniper rifle to look for?
does the special gear vendor in the base have anything worthwhile?

I really like the Custom M44. When I use my buff abilities I can pop an 800K crit headshot. I know a lot of people prefer the M1A, but I don't think I'm going to leave my rifle anytime soon. The blueprint is available at the Special Gear Vendor in the base.

ODDI

I shoot a BFB
A random player receives some of the damage
I turn rouge
About 6 guys surround me
I accept my fate.....
They say "nah, fuck it" and leave me be.

The DZ is a magical place sometimes :)

jbortz78

Most people hopped out for the time being, specially with Uncharted out and all. Massive would do well in giving us some kind of 1.2 update this Thursday

Yup same here, from tonight on its Uncharted 4 for awhile. Also really hoping for some news on 1.2 this week and a release within the next 2 weeks...

Yup same here, from tonight on its Uncharted 4 for awhile. Also really hoping for some news on 1.2 this week and a release within the next 2 weeks...

I'm actually not expecting this patch to drop until the very last week of this month tbh. Massive has a lot to prove, and this is their "make it or break it" point right now. With so many good games coming (so many RPGs, I'm already salivating) if they want to stay relevant, they need to revamp this whole fucking from bottom up, clean up all of these wounds that they inflicted on themselves and move on from this. We all get that they are sorry and are learning from this, but as the saying goes "talk is cheap". They actually need to deliver on those words. I'd the same thing happens in 1.2 as it did in 1.1, it's gonna be a shitstorm, and I'm afraid that it will actually be over for them.

Liamario

Banned
Nobody on my friends list playing this anymore. I found it too repetitive and with little to do. The core gameplay is just lacking variety and there's nothing to do in it.

GazzaGSi

Second night in a row last night logging on and no one playing from what was 30-40+.
While I look back now I haven't had 1 better item drop than the last time I ran the incursion which is around 2 weeks ago so guess it's no surprising people are taking a break until 1.2 for the better drops.
I wanted to make it to 75 for the M1A blueprint (think I'm 68 now, started the week at 61) but to be honest, I'm just getting tired of running it. It is pretty fun just leaving a pile of yellows all over the map, I couldn't be bothered to keep extracting so was just killing npc's and then on to the next group.

Looks like its on to uncharted then.

Maximus P

Also really hoping for some news on 1.2 this week and a release within the next 2 weeks...

Me too.

Not booted this game for around a week now. The game feels like a chore when your grinding the DZ for Xp and when drops are shit 99% of the time it can be equally tiresome.

Doesn't help that my friends have moved on to other games.

I'm not sure this will have the legs I first thought it would have.

ch4fx_

I woke up this morning hoping for more info on 1.2 :(.. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this new State of the Game schedule.

In other news, I found this on reddit this morning & holy shit -- sometimes I don't even want to be associated with this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4iugbo/hamish_please_watch_this_and_explain_to_me_why/

This guy runs the incursion with people & kicks them as the APC is being destroyed, but stays in party chat to TAUNT them & then goes on to make it a "thing" on YouTube. Low level ganking is embarrassing enough, but this is on a different level of dick bag IMO. Regardless of why, kicking people (that helped you) from an activity is baffling to me.. Let alone kicking people from an activity that one (or he) can't complete solo, go on to taunt the people that are responsible for helping you clear said mission & then attempt to capitalize off their horrible experience via YouTube.. WTF is wrong with people? & no, I don't think this is what Massive intended.

but as the saying goes "talk is cheap".

They mentioned two things in their first 1.2 stream that bothered me. I don't remember the exact quotes, but they were something along the lines of..

- quality is important to us, we are going to make sure everything works correctly.
- DROPS SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF LOOT.

The first comment I found funny, this game has been severely BROKEN since launch -- quality should have been important since day 1. The 2nd one really bothers me because we have been told the EXACT same thing before & we all know how that turned out.
useless shit.. USELESS SHIT EVERYWHERE!!
Like you mentioned, they need to back these statements up with solid changed that are good to the game & the player base.

Second night in a row last night logging on and no one playing from what was 30-40+.
While I look back now I haven't had 1 better item drop than the last time I ran the incursion which is around 2 weeks ago so guess it's no surprising people are taking a break until 1.2 for the better drops.
I wanted to make it to 75 for the M1A blueprint (think I'm 68 now, started the week at 61) but to be honest, I'm just getting tired of running it. It is pretty fun just leaving a pile of yellows all over the map, I couldn't be bothered to keep extracting so was just killing npc's and then on to the next group.

Looks like its on to uncharted then.

Sounds like we missed each other last night man. I got on around 9 PM (my time) & checked my friends list but didnt see you or Mullah online, so I'm played something else for the rest of the night.

I'm with you regarding the DZ, 89 levels later & I'm finally tired of running around killing the same mobs -- it also doesn't help that we can steamroll said mobs, so there's 0 challenge involved. If 1.2 adds a new sense of difficulty & makes gear drops even somewhat relevant, I'll be more than happy! I also have not received anything of note (via drops) since the 1.1 update went live, just a ton of mats.

For now I believe I'm in a good spot. I have ample materials, my px creds are maxed out & my DZ level is close enough to 90.. Now I'm just waiting on these changes to take place so I can hopefully dive back in to what will (hopefully) feel like a brand new game.

Hopefully I can find some time this weekend & we can group up in UC4, gotta find some way to stay connected!

GazzaGSi

Sounds like we missed each other last night man. I got on around 9 PM (my time) & checked my friends list but didnt see you or Mullah online, so I'm played something else for the rest of the night.

I'm with you regarding the DZ, 89 levels later & I'm finally tired of running around killing the same mobs -- it also doesn't help that we can steamroll said mobs, so there's 0 challenge involved. If 1.2 adds a new sense of difficulty & makes gear drops even somewhat relevant, I'll be more than happy! I also have not received anything of note (via drops) since the 1.1 update went live, just a ton of mats.

For now I believe I'm in a good spot. I have ample materials, my px creds are maxed out & my DZ level is close enough to 90.. Now I'm just waiting on these changes to take place so I can hopefully dive back in to what will (hopefully) feel like a brand new game.

Hopefully I can find some time this weekend & we can group up in UC4, gotta find some way to stay connected!

I literally logged on, checked my friends list and logged out.

One good thing to come from it all is the people I've met playing without a doubt and when 1.2 drops I'm sure afew of us will still be rolling in the DZ. Sounds good, I played the UC MP beta and enjoyed it so hopefully we'll get some time in on that waiting for 1.2.

I've just been reading this, I don't know how true it is:

If four pieces of the gear set are collected, the user will receive The Stalker bonus which does the following:

“Headshots mark the enemy, increasing the damage inflicted on the target by 15% for duration of 10 seconds each.”

Unfortunately, more so for those not using the set, the indicator does not reset following death, instead, it stays put until you log out of the game. At the moment, the glitch is running rife inside the Dark Zone and leaving many to fight a losing battle.

So if someone kills me after I'm marked with Sentry headshot bonus, when I re spawn at a checkpoint/safe house I'll still be marked until I log out... wtf. This could explain why the DZ has been rogue central lately.

Mullah88

haha, did the same, max pxc, over a million credits, 800k dz credit. didnt feel like going in the dz, went to run the weekly incursion but realized ill probably get another tactician set so i logged off. downloading uncharted 4 now, should be ready when i get back

Quazar

So is the new incursion apart of new update as well? I just don't get the DZ. I've gotten two nomad drops from bosses and one striker glove, which were all shit tbh. I have tons of tactician sentry and some strikers. I'm trying to level dz rank, I'm at 50 something, but it's a bore as nothing is worth a shit after doing FL so many times.

And most groups I get in get disappointed that no one wants to go rogue. But honestly going rogue is even more pointless (besides exp glitch). No one has shit I want

EL CUCO

haha, did the same, max pxc, over a million credits, 800k dz credit. didnt feel like going in the dz, went to run the weekly incursion but realized ill probably get another tactician set so i logged off. downloading uncharted 4 now, should be ready when i get back
Hmu when you're ready for some U4 MP action. I'll still be coming back to Division but my time will be alot more...Divided (no pun) until 1.2 drops

Mullah This is Pap, I'm down for some UC4 Multi. Just send a message on PSN ill see it on my Iphone.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I woke up this morning hoping for more info on 1.2 :(.. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this new State of the Game schedule.

In other news, I found this on reddit this morning & holy shit -- sometimes I don't even want to be associated with this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4iugbo/hamish_please_watch_this_and_explain_to_me_why/

This guy runs the incursion with people & kicks them as the APC is being destroyed, but stays in party chat to TAUNT them & then goes on to make it a "thing" on YouTube. Low level ganking is embarrassing enough, but this is on a different level of dick bag IMO. Regardless of why, kicking people (that helped you) from an activity is baffling to me.. Let alone kicking people from an activity that one (or he) can't complete solo, go on to taunt the people that are responsible for helping you clear said mission & then attempt to capitalize off their horrible experience via YouTube.. WTF is wrong with people? & no, I don't think this is what Massive intended.

Ya know...I think this is exactly what Massive intended. I think that all that bullshit and a-holery is funny when you are playing against QA and other people on the dev team, but it is an entirely different thing when you put it out in the wild. Griefing is only fun for the griefer. The griefers make up a small percentage of players, but they can ruin it for everyone. I think they got a rude awakening when the majority of the player base didn't think any of it was funny. I think they get a rude awakening when they saw the number of people playing and the average time in-game dropping like a rock before the first paid DLC is even out.

SkylineRKR

DZ is completely shit. All loot is worthless, I am just running for credits and DZ funds I guess. I don't even bother to pick up loot, though weapon parts are nice.

When I mix it up and go rogue, it either works or I empty a full clip at near 200k DPS and notice I don't even make a dent in someones health. Then I get pretty much one shot in return, while I have 3x striker with over 80k HP and 65% armor. I don't get it at all. And then, I see rogues in walls, with no idea how to capture them.

In that case, just scale all stats and let the perks make the difference. Much like Destiny crucible. Or make it scale like IB where advantages are noticable but not extremely huge.

But after 2 hours of running DZ I have nearly nothing I can use. Instead, I bought the M44. Another good weapon obtained via crafting. Nothing has changed. Its just that you need more mats for crafting, but DZ drops much more mats in return. However i'd rather see the old High end drop rate (perhaps slightly adjusted as it was extremely low for me), but with guaranteed 182 and up, and the old material economy which made even blue drops useful.

I also hope there will be some form of ascending. I have a few extremely good rolls on my 163 SCAR, M1A and AUG, used them in FL and I would like for them to have their base damage increased instead of endless crafting higher rated but shittier weapons (2 low rated weapons make you look low rated, and it will make idiots kick you).

Klyka

Banned
Fucking godamn, it looks like Massive is planning on nerfing the Sentry Set somehow.

This is a bad move imo unless the balancing only applies to PvP (which would be fair). The Sentry Set is incredibly fun to use for me and it makes using weapons other than an SMG or a MMR viable.

Uh. They said they are CHANGING the set. Not "nerfing".

The devs on stream have already said they want to buff almost everything that is not competitive right now and they don't want to nerf things.

A change is not a nerf. It's a change.

jamesdbc

Neo Member
I still like and play the game regularly but I really can't see how they're going to make drops 'better'.

Crafting is simply a better way of getting you want/need because you can isolate one variable (firearms/stamina/electronics). It's not much control, but it's more than you'll get from a drop.

There is just waaay too much left to RNG to hope of getting something that will (i) suit your build, i.e. have the right stats and (ii) have good rolls in the right stats.

Crafting is so popular because it's limits RNG's influence, but only a little bit.

For me, they'd have to reduce stat ranges (e.g. smaller than 470–575 for GS 182) or/and remove range overlap between higher and lower GS items.

GS is next to useless at the moment for assessing the strength of a build. One simple way of making it less useless is to ensure that the worst rolls on a GS 191 item are better/the same as perfectly rolled GS 182.

SkylineRKR

Sentry doesn't really need a nerf, it needs adjustment for PvP. The stacking being persistent on respawn is a joke.

Striker needs to be overhauled, the penalty is not in line with the Sentry penalty, lol. 2% penalty for misses, 1% bonus for a hit. Great idea. Oh, and 1% penalty for idle moments because you know we don't want this bonus to proc at all. I think removing the 2% penalty for misses is enough.

Nomad? Scavenging is useless or broken. I happen to have 94% on my Striker kneepads (resistance is whatevs anyway). 20% health on kill, meh, I have predatory on my M44. I'd rather go lone wolf with a Sentry or Striker set but it might be me. Tactician? Skill power is capped and for raw damage purposes, it doesn't really go beyond stick bombs?

There is so much wrong with this game, I wonder where it will go.

Uh. They said they are CHANGING the set. Not "nerfing".

The devs on stream have already said they want to buff almost everything that is not competitive right now and they don't want to nerf things.

A change is not a nerf. It's a change.

It's a nerf if it changes the effectiveness of the set in any way in any scenario, which it will.

So it is a change. And will be a nerf.

Also. Officially done with the game until 1.2. Started Uncharted 4. Still have to plough through DS3. No Man's sky coming down the pipe soon. No reason to go back right now.

ch4fx_

Ya know...I think this is exactly what Massive intended. I think that all that bullshit and a-holery is funny when you are playing against QA and other people on the dev team, but it is an entirely different thing when you put it out in the wild. Griefing is only fun for the griefer. The griefers make up a small percentage of players, but they can ruin it for everyone. I think they got a rude awakening when the majority of the player base didn't think any of it was funny. I think they get a rude awakening when they saw the number of people playing and the average time in-game dropping like a rock before the first paid DLC is even out.

The DZ was & is a fantastic idea. I also completely agree that the rogue factor has to be there, otherwise The Division is, at best, a generic 3rd person loot based shooter. It NEEDS something to make it stand out, and the "cutthroat" nature of the DZ is exactly that.

That said, why would a fresh 30 that can't make any progress keep coming back? Why would someone with a 163 GS venture into the DZ, knowing good and well they are going to get stomped out by high level players for no good reason? Why even attempt to continue playing if you are going to get kicked because you have a low GS? How does one progress if one can't complete any activities?

Something needs to change for the sake of the games longevity. Personally I dont know what changes need to be made, but it's clear something needs to happen. We tried the "it's what Massive intended" approach for a little while & we see where that got us. If Massive intends on us playing a busted fucking game that caters to assholes, I can't say I foresee the game having the brightest/longest future.

I pray that 1.2 brings some kind of balance to this game. I've put more time into this game than anything I can remember, so you can say I'm somewhat invested in the game & really want it to succeed. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of PvE additions/changes are added/made & I'm excited to see what kind of new weapons we will be getting, &&.... I'm REALLY excited about facing level 33-34 enemies in the DZ & the new drop rates that are supposed to follow.

I want everyone to enjoy this game as much as they did at launch & I really hope Massive finds a way to make that happen :).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Fucking godamn, it looks like Massive is planning on nerfing the Sentry Set somehow.

This is a bad move imo unless the balancing only applies to PvP (which would be fair). The Sentry Set is incredibly fun to use for me and it makes using weapons other than an SMG or a MMR viable.

I think they just plan on rebalancing it.

The set was meant for snipers, burst-fire, or deliberate weapons to deal more damage when head-shotting. It wasn't meant as a one size fits all that is just a flat 45% damage boost to anyone and everyone on PC (because nearly every shot is going to be a headshot).

Lima

Considering it was supposed to be their marksman set it would makes sense that the buff only applies on marksman rifle headshots. That also would be a good change. At the moment it applies to every weapon type which is just broken.

Man Uncharted 4 is amazing. But it's funny, because the cover button is circle, and X is for hopping. I keep trying to play the game like The Division and always screw up lol. Also, reloading is on the Triangle button, since Square is for punching. I've been shadow boxing quite a bit throughout the game lol.

Quazar

I love when your DZ runs are so smooth that you want to fuck it up on purpose to add some flavor, and still beat everyone's ass out of DZ zones. And continue back to normal routine.

Wolfe

Haha wtf, so out of all the jackets the "casual" series was prolly my favorite look. Always neat getting a new color and seeing how it looked. My last one being the red casual jacket which I'm currently using.

So I log in just now to go hit up the mats/consumables crates in the boo and I see that the appearance vendor is selling a garnet casual jacket. Think to myself "oh nice, wonder if it's a darker color red or what?"

Purchase the jacket, open my appearance menu, scroll alllll the way down that long ass list of jackets since the new stuff is always at the bottom at first.

Equip the jacket and... it's the same fucking color hahaha.

Some of the things this game let slip through the cracks man, it's absurd.

Top Bottom