• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Brutal getting nerf huh? Those people at Massive seems like a bunch of fucking idiots chasing their own tail. Great balancing work there while not addressing shotgunners one-shotting you from across town or how they seem to be able to shoot you thru the fucking floor. It's like their bullets don't follow any semblance of physics or rules of the game world.

GazzaGSi

Man Uncharted 4 is amazing. But it's funny, because the cover button is circle, and X is for hopping. I keep trying to play the game like The Division and always screw up lol. Also, reloading is on the Triangle button, since Square is for punching. I've been shadow boxing quite a bit throughout the game lol.

I had the exact same problem when I started up Uncharted yesterday :)

Brutal getting nerf huh? Those people at Massive seems like a bunch of fucking idiots chasing their own tail. Great balancing work there while not addressing shotgunners one-shotting you from across town or how they seem to be able to shoot you thru the fucking floor. It's like their bullets don't follow any semblance of physics or rules of the game world.

Brutal nerf? Was that something said on stream today? I didn't catch the state of the game stream today..

EL CUCO

Still no release date for 1.2

Changes during this weeks maintenance:
More anti-spam measures for in-game chat

Sentry's Call Bug
•Sentry's Call bug is known and will be fixed with 1.2
•At the moment, sometimes players will be marked with the Sentry's Call – debuff, when they are close to players that wear the Sentrys Call Set.
•When you have the debuff-mark, the current workaround is logout / login

Weekly Incursion Reward Problem
•At the moment, the weekly incursion reset is at 2am CET
•When you start playing the Incursion before the reset, and finish it after the reset, the game considers you to have done it in the new week and you won't get the weekly reward.
•Players have also reported that they did not get the weekly reward later in the week, this is under investigation

1.2 New Features
•There will be New Gear Sets and some of those will buff specific weapons (very vague)
•Voip-indicator of the player is now in the UI, so you will know when you are broadcasting
•Phoenix Credits cap will be 2000
•Max Gear Score of the items will stay at 204 / 240
•On the Inventory-Screen "Health" will be replaced with a new attribute "Toughness"
•Toughness is the sum of Health / Stamina / Armor – it won't include attribute such as "Protection against Elite" etc, but it gives you a better understanding, if the new item gives you a buff or not.

1.2 Incursion
•New incursion will have the same gear requirement as Falcon Lost
•Will have a new name and not Broken Circle
Basically everything you see now on the map about the new incursion is placeholder
•There is no thing as purple gear-sets (but there will be new sets)

1.2 Balancing Weapons
•Metagame should move away from Vector / Aug / M1A because they are very easy to obtain right now.
•1.2 will be a first step in the direction to move away from the known craftable weapons
•In 1.2 the player will get more / better weapons, so they will also use the archetypes that are now not so popular ( also supported with the new gear-sets)
•Weapons will not be directly touched in 1.2
•They are re-balancing weapon talents like Brutal (bonus will be additive) / Balanced (mentioned last week)
•They will be gathering a lot of data and after that, there will be a big balance of the weapons after 1.2 when they have a better understanding of the impact of the rebalanced talents and the new gear-sets

1.2 Balancing Sentry's Call
•Sentry's Call is very OP right now in comparison to the other gear sets
•After 1.2 the debuff-mark it will only be applied with semi-automatic weapons such as Pistol / Shotgun / Marksmen rifle

1.2 Balancing Performance Mods
•Performance-Mods will be buffed to compensate the absence of a Character Attribute – the skill-buff will be a lot higher

1.2 Balancing Armor / Damage Mitigation
•Armor Cap is increased
•Damage Mitigation is increased to 75% (right now it is 65%) - this should compensate the higher damage that got available with the new gear.
•But to get 75% Damage Mitigation you will have to sacrifice other stats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio..._server_maintenance_may_12_state_of_the_game/

State of the Game 12/05: Balancing + Bug Fixes for 1.2

Sentry is bugged in the Dark Zone, will be fixed for 1.2 (they are trying to fix it earlier, which makes me wonder if 1.2 will come out at the end of the month?)
To get rid of the sentry mark in DZ, you can log out and log back in.

Known problem with Incursion weekly rewards.
PSA: Don't start incursion close to weekly reset time.

We want to get rid of crafting as the main source of loot.
Big weapon balancing patch will not drop with 1.2, it will be later.
They want to collect more data about weapons before they balance them, 'cause right now everyone is only using SMG's (surprise surprise).

Brutal talent will be tweaked - no longer multiplicative, it will be additive.
Balanced talent will apply only on the first bullet.

Sentry Set is OP, the 4-set bonus will no longer work with automatic weapons. Will only work on semi-auto weapons like marksman rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc.
They want to make gear sets to be more specific to weapons and playstyles.
New gear sets with 1.2 will provide bonuses to certain weapons.

Hinting at 204 M44 BP in DZ03 this week ;)

Talent stacking will be fixed/nerfed.

Performance mods will get a buff, especially for Skill bonuses.
Stamina(health) and armor will be bundled into a single main stat called Toughness.
Armor cap will be increased to 75% mitigation.

VOIP indicator for DZ.
Phoenix Credits cap will get doubled to 2000!

No increase to the power level of loot with 1.2 - 204 for weapons and 240 for gear sets.
Required and recommended GS for the new Incursion is not 220. It will be the same as Falcon Lost.

More exciting info coming next week.

jbortz78

State of the Game 12/05: Balancing + Bug Fixes for 1.2

Sentry is bugged in the Dark Zone, will be fixed for 1.2 (they are trying to fix it earlier, which makes me wonder if 1.2 will come out at the end of the month?)
To get rid of the sentry mark in DZ, you can log out and log back in.

Known problem with Incursion weekly rewards.
PSA: Don't start incursion close to weekly reset time.

We want to get rid of crafting as the main source of loot.
Big weapon balancing patch will not drop with 1.2, it will be later.
They want to collect more data about weapons before they balance them, 'cause right now everyone is only using SMG's (surprise surprise).

Brutal talent will be tweaked - no longer multiplicative, it will be additive.
Balanced talent will apply only on the first bullet.

Sentry Set is OP, the 4-set bonus will no longer work with automatic weapons. Will only work on semi-auto weapons like marksman rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc.
They want to make gear sets to be more specific to weapons and playstyles.
New gear sets with 1.2 will provide bonuses to certain weapons.

Hinting at 204 M44 BP in DZ03 this week ;)

Talent stacking will be fixed/nerfed.

Performance mods will get a buff, especially for Skill bonuses.
Stamina(health) and armor will be bundled into a single main stat called Toughness.
Armor cap will be increased to 75% mitigation.

VOIP indicator for DZ.
Phoenix Credits cap will get doubled to 2000!

No increase to the power level of loot with 1.2 - 204 for weapons and 240 for gear sets.
Required and recommended GS for the new Incursion is not 220. It will be the same as Falcon Lost.

More exciting info coming next week.

So no info on when patch drops...:(

Brutal nerf? Was that something said on stream today? I didn't catch the state of the game stream today..

Sorry for late reply, just got home. I'm still looking forward to 1.2 patch. Certainly curious about how they'll "buff" up performance mods. But also very deja vu about the whole thing like 1.1 with their "only heard 1/2 the story".

So the suggested GS requirements for the new Incursion will remain 140 for HM and 160 for CM?

These were already incredibly low/incorrect for Falcon Lost even though GS is quite vague.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Brutal nerfed? Yay.. now my AUG is even more shitter. Balanced applying to the first bullet only? Well no point rolling that then, go for another Talent and have loads of intial bullet stability mods applied.

bosseye

So the suggested GS requirements for the new Incursion will remain 140 for HM and 160 for CM?

These were already incredibly low/incorrect for Falcon Lost even though GS is quite vague.

Agree. Neither I nor my friends have managed to do the incursion and we're all GS 175-190. Attempting it at GS 140 would have been futile surely?

I don't understand Gear Score as a gating mechanism really.

ch4fx_

Thank god for the px creds increase, now just give me something to buy with them & we will be on the right track!

I really dislike how they are CONSTANTLY trying to get us away from crafting & insist that we get our weapons/gear via drops. I've made this comment before & I still feel the exact same way.. But I feel like Massive hears/knows about players chasing items in other games for months, even years, on end before obtaining them. They want this in their game & IMO, it isn't going to happen with the current gear/weapons that are available. Not to mention the amount of RNG involved.. chances are that if you do get something you want, it's going to be a shit roll anyways & discarded accordingly. Massive needs to accept that crafting could be a viable source for loot & work from there, IMO it would only help them in the long run.

I do like that max GS is staying the same, kudos to Massive for that. I like that they are giving the min/maxers a chance to perfect their builds, while also giving everyone else a chance at getting equally good gear -- "leveling the playing field" if you will.

Looking forward to hearing about a release date for all of this. If the drops work as intended, I'm going to equip shit gear right off the bat & rework my build from the ground up.

bjaelke

CiQnHPOW0AAY9DC.jpg:large

5 HE Divtech. Time to log back in.

Mullah88

why would i need to sacrifice other talents to get my mitigation up? why cant i roll a high armor gear or add a mod slot? please dont tell me they'll nerf armor just to make you roll on more armor or sacrifice good talents just to reach 75% mit.....and still no news on crafting materials or rotating the 214 BP gear sets we have now. i cant get into uncharted multiplayer, seem way too easy. ive grown attached to the division that i dont want to play any other 3rd person shooter (unless its socom)

thank god they didnt mention the MP5! that only means the 204 bp should show up with the M44. gotta hurry up and get to 95 just incase

haha ch4fx too bad the may content drop camo isnt the solid orange camo

kriskrosbbk

Guys a very strange issue just happened and quite strange it is not only me that experienced it but also some of my fellow Division friends in the last few days.I am disconnected while in the Dark zone and this breaks my whole internet connection ,I need to reset my router in order to fix it and now I cannot even join PSN. I laughed to my friends when this happened to them but now it happened to me as well.What the fuck is wrong with their servers so my whole internet connection is down because of the Division game.Anyone else experienced something similar?

CiQnHPOW0AAY9DC.jpg:large

5 HE Divtech. Time to log back in.

lololol 5 HE crafting sets? So crappy that you only get it once per month. While that would get you probably "Almost" enough for a chance for 1 roll at the roulette table. How exclusive~ Yet they keep punishing you for crafting... That's a huge slap in the face while kicking you in the crotch

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That High End offering is a laugh lol.

We can already get loads of High End materials just from a 10 minute run in DZ06. Then with the new bracket in 1.2 for 201+ GS we could easily get loads of High-End div tech.

And with the crafting changes in 1.1 you won't be able to do much with 5 X. Should make it 25-50 X or something.

Iceman829

"We want players to stop trying to obtain better gear through crafting"

"Here have 5 HE dtech"

I really don't understand the mentality behind "crafting is bad". Crafting should be a way for players to obtain the gear and armor with the proper rolls that they want and not at exorbitant prices. If they want players to spend less time crafting they should change the recalibration center. Allow players to reroll all aspects of an item. Use pcreds or in game $ to re roll everything. The price only increases when you begin rolling an additional item on the gear. The price should remain the same for each roll. Having players run around the DZ chasing unicorns that may never appear is a terrible idea. If you get that 240 Striker Vest or 204 M44 or whatever you have been chasing you should be able to customize it for the way you play.

No increase in GS drops will be nice for other players to catch up to the pack, but besides the new set(s?) that are being added they aren't giving maxed players much to chase after. Performance mods getting a buff. They need to be raised significantly and with better drop rolls to be considered useful. As for the phoenix credit wallet being raised. All this means is prices are about to go up. I joked about it last week saying a weapon was being sold for 1200 pcreds. Prices will probably go up if the wallet is larger. I still don't know what to buy with my current pcreds, so a larger wallet does nothing to solve the issue.

FLAguy954

Still no release date for 1.2

Changes during this weeks maintenance:
More anti-spam measures for in-game chat

Sentry's Call Bug
•Sentry's Call bug is known and will be fixed with 1.2
•At the moment, sometimes players will be marked with the Sentry's Call – debuff, when they are close to players that wear the Sentrys Call Set.
•When you have the debuff-mark, the current workaround is logout / login

Weekly Incursion Reward Problem
•At the moment, the weekly incursion reset is at 2am CET
•When you start playing the Incursion before the reset, and finish it after the reset, the game considers you to have done it in the new week and you won't get the weekly reward.
•Players have also reported that they did not get the weekly reward later in the week, this is under investigation

1.2 New Features
•There will be New Gear Sets and some of those will buff specific weapons (very vague)
•Voip-indicator of the player is now in the UI, so you will know when you are broadcasting
•Phoenix Credits cap will be 2000
•Max Gear Score of the items will stay at 204 / 240
•On the Inventory-Screen "Health" will be replaced with a new attribute "Toughness"
•Toughness is the sum of Health / Stamina / Armor – it won't include attribute such as "Protection against Elite" etc, but it gives you a better understanding, if the new item gives you a buff or not.

1.2 Incursion
•New incursion will have the same gear requirement as Falcon Lost
•Will have a new name and not Broken Circle
Basically everything you see now on the map about the new incursion is placeholder
•There is no thing as purple gear-sets (but there will be new sets)

1.2 Balancing Weapons
•Metagame should move away from Vector / Aug / M1A because they are very easy to obtain right now.
•1.2 will be a first step in the direction to move away from the known craftable weapons
•In 1.2 the player will get more / better weapons, so they will also use the archetypes that are now not so popular ( also supported with the new gear-sets)
•Weapons will not be directly touched in 1.2
•They are re-balancing weapon talents like Brutal (bonus will be additive) / Balanced (mentioned last week)
•They will be gathering a lot of data and after that, there will be a big balance of the weapons after 1.2 when they have a better understanding of the impact of the rebalanced talents and the new gear-sets

1.2 Balancing Sentry's Call
•Sentry's Call is very OP right now in comparison to the other gear sets
•After 1.2 the debuff-mark it will only be applied with semi-automatic weapons such as Pistol / Shotgun / Marksmen rifle

1.2 Balancing Performance Mods
•Performance-Mods will be buffed to compensate the absence of a Character Attribute – the skill-buff will be a lot higher

1.2 Balancing Armor / Damage Mitigation
•Armor Cap is increased
•Damage Mitigation is increased to 75% (right now it is 65%) - this should compensate the higher damage that got available with the new gear.
•But to get 75% Damage Mitigation you will have to sacrifice other stats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio..._server_maintenance_may_12_state_of_the_game/

Now there is no true DPS focused Gear Set (especially since they refused to rework the Striker talent and restricted the fuck out of the Sentry set) and everyone will still run around with a fucking SMG/MMR.

They should have just reduced the damage increase percentage to like 20% for fully auto weapons and 45% for the rest. The way they handled it is lazy fuck in my opinion (by effectively reducing ways for people to play the game).

My reaction:

giphy.gif

FLAguy954

so Brutal will have a fixed damage? (additive) instead of a percentage

if so, I wasted rolls :(

It's nerfed but I still can't think of many skills that are better (which is something else Massive needs to work on).

I won't let the 1.2 update break me, I'll just run around with an SASG-12 (to proc the Sentry talent) and an SMG (to finish off my opponents) instead.

EDIT: Fuck, the shotgun only marks once PER SHOT instead of PER PELLET -_-.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So . . .any day one guys still playing? Looks like this game is not getting the support that people thought it would get.

I am a day one. Was in the alpha and both betas as well. I put it down last week and will log back in for 1.2. If that sucks, then I am out until the next improvement. For me, if they can drastically improve PvE, including adding high-level roaming mobs, I am back in.

I had been playing the dailies up until last night. I got Uncharted now though. Gonna tide me over until 1.2 most likely, unless I somehow manage to put more than just a few hours a day into it. I hear this one is longer than the previous 3, so it's probably gonna take me at least another week to beat it.

Deku Tree

Wow I'm still the sixth highest poster in this thread. And I haven't posted in probably over a month.

Is there any hype for update 1.2? Seems like Ubi's rapid support response rate has slowed down a lot right?

edukate

So . . .any day one guys still playing? Looks like this game is not getting the support that people thought it would get.

Day one here as well. I still play daily- more fun when you play with folks here. For me it was either this or Destiny in terms of running the same shit over and over again in the quest for loot. I still feel like Massive is transparent and faster in terms of delivering and communicating content/ updates than other studios...

However, the glitches are brutal and simply unacceptable (I.e. Falling through the map is not permissible in any form whatsoever. Get your shit together, Massive).

Quazar

Guys a very strange issue just happened and quite strange it is not only me that experienced it but also some of my fellow Division friends in the last few days.I am disconnected while in the Dark zone and this breaks my whole internet connection ,I need to reset my router in order to fix it and now I cannot even join PSN. I laughed to my friends when this happened to them but now it happened to me as well.What the fuck is wrong with their servers so my whole internet connection is down because of the Division game.Anyone else experienced something similar?

Happened to me last night. Couldn't get shit to work on other devices. But I was still connected in game. Weird stuff.

TsuWave

Now there is no true DPS focused Gear Set (especially since they refused to rework the Striker talent and restricted the fuck out of the Sentry set) and everyone will still run around with a fucking SMG/MMR.

They should have just reduced the damage increase percentage to like 20% for fully auto weapons and 45% for the rest. The way they handled it is lazy fuck in my opinion (by effectively reducing ways for people to play the game).

My reaction:

giphy.gif

i agree. and all this without even considering the pve aspect; "oh look, a shotgun rusher, if only my smg primary wasn't useless with my sentry set, gimme a sec, lemme change to my pistol so i can mark him and maybe switch back to my smg to get out of this tight sit-, blaow, shotgun sniped from the other side of the map". thanks, massive.

Pandy

"We want players to stop trying to obtain better gear through crafting"

"Here have 5 HE dtech"

I really don't understand the mentality behind "crafting is bad". Crafting should be a way for players to obtain the gear and armor with the proper rolls that they want and not at exorbitant prices. If they want players to spend less time crafting they should change the recalibration center. Allow players to reroll all aspects of an item. Use pcreds or in game $ to re roll everything. The price only increases when you begin rolling an additional item on the gear. The price should remain the same for each roll. Having players run around the DZ chasing unicorns that may never appear is a terrible idea. If you get that 240 Striker Vest or 204 M44 or whatever you have been chasing you should be able to customize it for the way you play.

No increase in GS drops will be nice for other players to catch up to the pack, but besides the new set(s?) that are being added they aren't giving maxed players much to chase after. Performance mods getting a buff. They need to be raised significantly and with better drop rolls to be considered useful. As for the phoenix credit wallet being raised. All this means is prices are about to go up. I joked about it last week saying a weapon was being sold for 1200 pcreds. Prices will probably go up if the wallet is larger. I still don't know what to buy with my current pcreds, so a larger wallet does nothing to solve the issue.
Totally agree that if they want to move away from crafting then a fully functioned recalibration station, able to roll any slot of every item, is essential.

With RNG present and unchangeable on the basic damage and armour atributes two players with identical gear choices can be miles apart if RNG has favoured one, but not the other.

Tonight is going to be a race to hit 75 for me. I desperately want that 204 M1A blue print.... before it gets nerfed.

Truth be told, I've needed a new sniper rifle anyway: all my M1As are 163 GS sadly.

EL CUCO

I'm playing. Want to run an Incursion tonight?
Wow I'm still the sixth highest poster in this thread. And I haven't posted in probably over a month.

Is there any hype for update 1.2? Seems like Ubi's rapid support response rate has slowed down a lot right?
Thread is dead but that just shows how much you spammed it :p

HMD

Meh, I'm gonna need more than that to come back, the game got so incredibly stale all of a sudden. I really thought this game would have the same staying power that Destiny had, but it's not even close.

Iceman829

Just got all the collectibles, God that was aweful...only 1 achievement left then I'm putting the game down till 1.2.

The only redeeming thing about the collectibles is how they help tell the story as things unfolded around the city. Much better than flag hunting in Assassin's Creed for the sake of collecting items

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The only redeeming thing about the collectibles is how they help tell the story as things unfolded around the city. Much better than flag hunting in Assassin's Creed for the sake of collecting items

It was great for that. But it was a complete chore. The story points hidden in collectibles should have been presented in way that more people would have experienced them. The one about the guy that went from a college student to a Rioter was really good.

Lima

Changes sound very good. Hopefully the new incursion is glitch free this time (lol no it won't be unless they finally get rid of that garbage mobile cover skill)

BondFancy

It was the only thing making it somewhat doable lol. By the last district I stopped listening to them, because I just wanted the achievements.

Top Bottom