• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

i cant get into uncharted multiplayer, seem way too easy. ive grown attached to the division that i dont want to play any other 3rd person shooter (unless its socom)

haha ch4fx too bad the may content drop camo isnt the solid orange camo

In a similar situation, not just with MP but there's things I overall prefer in the division like the cover system and shooting mechanics. Maybe it's because I still 'think' im going into cover in UC yet leap over the cover into gunfire because the X+O are the opposite way round ;)

That solid Orange is never returning!

thespot84

They mentioned weapon balancing along with the sources of loot not coming from crafting as much, and then mention balancing not coming until later. Do they consider them the same thing? Does that me changes to loot source comes later too? Probably my biggest issue so far.

SkylineRKR

Lol they said they didn't want crafting to be the main good source of loot before the 1.1 patch too.

Yeah about every drop is underpowered compared to blueprints. I still crafted everything I run with, except for some excellent weapon drops I don't always use because it gimps my GS. If you can ascend, then yes, my weapon loadout isn't crafted.

TsuWave

I still 'think' im going into cover in UC yet leap over the cover into gunfire because the X+O are the opposite way round ;)

division seems to be the game with the odd controls layout. i remember when i first got into it i kept trying to map "leap over" to the "X" button and "enter cover" to the "O" button, i think that's how it works in most games, but the game doesn't have that option, and for the first week into the division i kept getting killed because i couldn't get used to it. now that uncharted is out, i'm making the same mistakes there cause i got used to the division.

all in all, uncharted's multiplayer is nothing too "serious", its great fun with friends for a couple hours, but i know that it won't hold me for long. i really do not want to go back to destiny so i was putting all my chips on the division and i've been let down massively. honestly needed this game to be right, and it might still turn out that way in the long-term but right now...man...hell, even the proposed changes, nerf to brutal, the way they addressed sentry, weapon type specific set pieces (will likely stifle variety even further), seems like a lot more stumbling on the way really..

GazzaGSi

division seems to be the game with the odd controls layout. i remember when i first got into it i kept trying to map "leap over" to the "X" button and "enter cover" to the "O" button, i think that's how it works in most games, but the game doesn't have that option, and for the first week into the division i kept getting killed because i couldn't get used to it. now that uncharted is out, i'm making the same mistakes there cause i got used to the division.

Maybe so, I can't even remember the last third person I played before the division.

Edit, just checked my trophies and I last played The Order over a year ago so I probably picked up the control scheme in the division with it being fresh to me and nothing to compare it to more recently.

ODDI

Sooo.. I have to ask, what's the point of having really high skill power? Currently I'm at 43k and I'm getting the Max benefits of skills (shorter cooldowns, Max bfb damage, etc) so is there any point of going further than where I am?

darkwing

Sooo.. I have to ask, what's the point of having really high skill power? Currently I'm at 43k and I'm getting the Max benefits of skills (shorter cooldowns, Max bfb damage, etc) so is there any point of going further than where I am?

not really, because of the skill caps, you might want to tone down your skill points if you reach the cap

Sober

So they admit they have a problem with the weapon meta being SMG/M1A, and then say they're just gonna up the power level so you can't craft them anymore. Instead of making it so the other weapon types have a use besides for scrap, credits, or gimmicks.

Right.

darkwing

So they admit they have a problem with the weapon meta being SMG/M1A, and then say they're just gonna up the power level so you can't craft them anymore. Instead of making it so the other weapon types have a use besides for scrap, credits, or gimmicks.

Right.

up the power level?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What is the skill power cap? My friend is running the bonus so he goes up to 88k with the Tac Auth 4 set.

darkwing

just look at the skill that you are using, if the numbers doesn't change even if you add more skill points, it's capped , in my experience , it's around 44k

BondFancy

sRi475B.jpg

Boom finally done. Definitely wasn't the worst 1000/1000, still couldn't get me to do it again though.

Mullah88

In a similar situation, not just with MP but there's things I overall prefer in the division like the cover system and shooting mechanics. Maybe it's because I still 'think' im going into cover in UC yet leap over the cover into gunfire because the X+O are the opposite way round ;)

i think massive perfected the controls. for melee they use R3 (when not aiming) instead of Square and when you aim down sight, R3 is then used to scope in. shoulder swapping is also mapped to the left stick while ADS instead of pressing X. reload being Triangle instead of weapon quick swap??? ND should at least let us customize the button layout, without that, ill not be playing much of the MP. for all the silky animation in U4, to me i feel the division controls much better....at 30fps

CUCO next time we do the cm incursion ill switch to my tactician auth. alt character. i totally forgot about it last night. my role will be the designated healer and bomb planter tho. dps is shit but i can survive 2-3 shots from the shotgunners signature skill refreshes after 35 seconds so that should come in handy. last night was brutal

EL CUCO

I think most of us had some rust from playing so much Uncharted recently. I know leading up to U4 we were playing through U2/U3 as well. That was the first time I've ever not completed CM Incursion after attempting a run.

Maybe we should've ran hard mode first to warm up, like Soss said lol good fun tho.

GazzaGSi

i think massive perfected the controls. for melee they use R3 (when not aiming) instead of Square and when you aim down sight, R3 is then used to scope in. shoulder swapping is also mapped to the left stick while ADS instead of pressing X. reload being Triangle instead of weapon quick swap??? ND should at least let us customize the button layout, without that, ill not be playing much of the MP. for all the silky animation in U4, to me i feel the division controls much better....at 30fps

Yep, the button config in division is perfect imo. Never really come across an issue where I've cursed for pressing something I didn't intend to happen, everything seems to do what you'd expect it to in terms of layout.

I met my goal of hitting 75 last night and rolled a half decent M1A with Brutal, Toxic and Destructive. It's gonna be a pretty good PvE weapon, which I've needed.

That being said, unless there are some cool drops in the refresh tonight I think my weekend's gonna be devoted to Doom and Uncharted 4.

PS4 user here.
Does anyone else get crippling input lag sometimes?

Like, I'll be stood outside the BOO, and if I bring up the menu, it takes a good 2 - 3 seconds to pop up, then moving around the menu takes the same amount of time.
If I exit the menu, I then have to wait the same time before my character moves and at some cases even allows me to push forward and then back, and let go of the thumb stick and then watch it happen on screen.

It happens at random points in the game all around the map.

Its incredibly fucking frustrating and only happens in this game.

PS4 user here.

Like, I'll be stood outside the BOO, and if I bring up the menu, it takes a good 2 - 3 seconds to pop up, then moving around the menu takes the same amount of time.
If I exit the menu, I then have to wait the same time before my character moves and at some cases even allows me to push forward and then back, and let go of the thumb stick and then watch it happen on screen.

Woah, there's something wrong there, never had this happen to me. Try uninstalling/installing again.

Edit: man this game has so many random bugs/glitches. My game seems to run @ 60fps every now and then for just about a second.

EL CUCO

Christ almighty. I just looked at all the collectibles I have left since its the only trophies I need for the Platinum...
W2smsGg.gif

Oh well, I guess it's more interesting than collecting dead ghosts..

jbortz78

PS4 user here.

Yup happens to me also since last patch.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Weekly/daily reset blueprints at DZ 03.

• First Wave Vector 45 ACP
  • Black Market SASG-12 S

Upstairs BoO weapons for PXC.
  • Police T821 - SMG
  • Military M60 E4 - LMG

Skin color.
  • Tigerstripe Neon

fr0st

Banned
At the BoO
Police T821 825pxc Score 204
Military M60 E4 830pxc Score 204
Socom ScarL 235pxc Score 182
Hmmm...I'll try the lmg I guess..

There's 204 gloves in DZ02 (stamina and firearms) if you want to try crafting savage gloves.

ODDI

Weapon perks
Police T821 deadly, capable, vicious
M60 restored, destructive, predatory
ScarL meticulous, responsive, destructive

The ScarL looks like a keeper.

Weapon perks
Police T821 deadly, capable, vicious
M60 restored, destructive, predatory
ScarL meticulous, responsive, destructive

I'm away from home at the moment, is that Police T821 the one with the shoulder stock?

fr0st

Banned
Didn't realize I got a god roll on a military SCAR H. Deadly brutal and balanced...still good but the M1A is leagues better in terms of damage output.

Wolfe

Disappointing waiting another week for BoO weaps and again they end up being worse than what I'm already using :(

It's definitely not bad but my BM-AK already has Destructive/Responsive/Brutal and 1.4k more base dmg, the same AK I crafted the day I hit 30 :p

The M60 isn't bad (for an LMG I guess) but it doesn't necessarily seem better than the Pahkan, at least not enough to blow 830 credits that I likely won't refarm this week due to not having much incentive to play on any given day. Not that I ever use LMG anyway atm.

It is definitely amusing that regardless of their insistence on crafting not being what they want end game gear to consistently come from yet it's currently the only place I can reliably get end game gear!

Well at least the season pass weapon skins are neat (putting aside the fact that it feels like a somewhat weak reward for supporting them upfront with my money that they have yet to deliver anything to me on.

I'm away from home at the moment, is that Police T821 the one with the shoulder stock?

Yes.

SkylineRKR

I have a 163 SCAR:L with Deadly, Destructive and Balanced. It shreds but it suffers from lower power level. Probably won't buy the BoO one though.

Top Bottom