• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

BHK3

Banned
I have a weird question about the game. I just downloaded it today and playing it there's one nagging thing that's really bothering me, the text seems like it's smudged or has some form of weird AA on it. It looks like when you inject AA from your nvidia control panel into a game and the steam overlay looks super soft like it was drawn with crayon or something. I fixed the awful vaseline blur look of the game but the text just does not seem to want to cooperate. It really does seem like it has it's OWN AA working, any way to change it?

This is the best example I can find, on the top is what it should look like, but on the bottom is what it currently looks like to me.

9ba4a17b16.png

f83d9e94a1.png

Lima

I don't see the point in wasting funds on 204 gloves right now. Better off getting 240 gloves from CM incursion if you don't have them already.

Considering 204 gloves with a high main stat roll and the savage talent are still thousand times better than set piece gloves I'd say nah man you high.

You should never use a set piece glove. Not worth it.

MildSoss

Considering 204 gloves with a high main stat roll and the savage talent are still thousand times better than set piece gloves I'd say nah man you high.

Isn't the description on the gloves kind of misleading though? Its not an actual 13 point increase, it's just a 13% increase of the total crit chance you already have. They're not as amazing as you make them seem. lol

Savage gloves are only good for DZ pvp, nothing else. I'd rather spec 3 sentry and 3 striker or 4 sentry 2 striker set. Not going to bother wasting mats and funds on crafting until 1.2 comes out, it's really pointless.

Geneijin

Isn't the description on the gloves kind of misleading though? Its not an actual 13 point increase, it's just a 13% increase of the total crit chance you already have. They're not as amazing as you make them seem. lol
Well, there's also the fact that item CHC is capped at 60% I believe, so it's pointless to go beyond that. Hard to give up 30% Headshot damage, 20% Enemy Armor Damage, 50% Critical Hit Damage or 20% Elite Damage really when there are other ways to cap CHC.

fr0st

Banned
Well, there's also the fact that item CHC is capped at 60% I believe, so it's pointless to go beyond that. Hard to give up 30% Headshot damage, 20% Enemy Armor Damage, 50% Critical Hit Damage or 20% Elite Damage really when there are other ways to cap CHC.
Its good if you're not using an SMG. But yeah if possible go for 3 striker/ 3 sentry.

Geneijin

Its good if you're not using an SMG. But yeah if possible go for 3 striker/ 3 sentry.
Even then, say you're using an Assault Rifle, that's a lot of damage to give up for 13% more CHC. Pulse guaranteeing near max or max CHC makes Savage kind of redundant.

vivftp

Hmmm, deciding if I wanna spend the $$$ to buy those 204 glove blueprints. So many changes are coming to the game, and supposedly better loot drops are coming too, so I'd hate to waste 300k in DZ funds and however many mats just to get something I won't really use much in a couple of weeks.

I have only about 640k in DZ funds now and was planning to be sitting at about a million by the time the update hit, so that'd put a major dent in my plans.

Plus, I do already have some Savage gloves just sitting in my stash collecting dust. It's a 163 level HE with the following rolls

368 Armor
+420 Electronics
+31% Crit Hit Damage
+385 SMG Damage
+5.50% Crit Hit Chance
+3% Ballistic Shield Damage

Definitely room for improvement there... but dunno if it's worth it at such a high cost.

Hmm... probably best to sit back and skip it. I also want to try and get 500 HE of each material before the update and once I start rolling, I probably wouldn't stop until I got something I liked.

Woah, there's something wrong there, never had this happen to me. Try uninstalling/installing again.

Edit: man this game has so many random bugs/glitches. My game seems to run @ 60fps every now and then for just about a second.

I even went as far as to wipe my PS4 and reinstall the firmware and it still happens. So it has to be game related.

Yup happens to me also since last patch.

And from this post, it seems i'm not alone.
Good that its not just me, but bad that its a thing thats happened. :(

I hit level 30 a week or so ago. My gear score is about 136. My primary dps is roughly 60,000, health roughly 68000, skill power roughly 98000. My primary and secondary weapons are both gold items. I'm not near my ps4 right now, so I'm just going off of memory.

I'm playing though the daily hard missions but I feel like the dropped items aren't helping my stats. The gold items are actually decreasing my stats. Do I need to go through the challenging missions to get better items? Do I need to go through the dark zone? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. Any tips would be great.

I hit level 30 a week or so ago. My gear score is about 136. My primary dps is roughly 60,000, health roughly 68000, skill power roughly 98000. My primary and secondary weapons are both gold items. I'm not near my ps4 right now, so I'm just going off of memory.

I'm playing though the daily hard missions but I feel like the dropped items aren't helping my stats. The gold items are actually decreasing my stats. Do I need to go through the challenging missions to get better items? Do I need to go through the dark zone? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. Any tips would be great.

First off - 98000 skill power is a typo, right? i'm guessing you meant around 8000 or 9000.
Second - I'd recommend you do the last campaign mission (General Assembly - there are 4 named bosses in it) until you get a few good HE (gold) items and your GS goes up a bit, and when you're closer to 160 you should try hard mode Falcon Lost (with a good team) and after that hit the DZ. Also, focus on getting Phoenix Credits and get the good blueprints from the BoO (extended magazine, gear set items etc.)

Savage gloves are only good for DZ pvp, nothing else. I'd rather spec 3 sentry and 3 striker or 4 sentry 2 striker set. Not going to bother wasting mats and funds on crafting until 1.2 comes out, it's really pointless.

Sorry DJ but this is wrong. Savage gloves are the best for all DZ not just PVP. Most of the enemies you face in the DZ are out of cover and all the most deadly ones in Falcon are also out of cover.

If I can get a 240 holster from CM I'll go 3 striker 2 sentry + savage gloves.

First off - 98000 skill power is a typo, right? i'm guessing you meant around 8000 or 9000.
Second - I'd recommend you do the last campaign mission (General Assembly - there are 4 named bosses in it) until you get a few good HE (gold) items and your GS goes up a bit, and when you're closer to 160 you should try hard mode Falcon Lost (with a good team) and after that hit the DZ. Also, focus on getting Phoenix Credits and get the good blueprints from the BoO (extended magazine, gear set items etc.)

Yup. Typo. Lol. Thank you for the tips.

kriskrosbbk

Guys are we all on the same page that Savage does not add 13%crit chance?It is giving you 13 % of what you currently have.Which makes the telent a bit less attractive.

Did my first Incursion ever, with randoms too. We cleared it on our first try without any major issues. Got a 214 Striker's backpack to go with my 3 other Striker Set gear, pretty damn lucky ahaha. I feel like in general this was all luck, because not only did I not think it wasn't hard at all, we did it very quickly and efficiently too.

Sorry DJ but this is wrong. Savage gloves are the best for all DZ not just PVP. Most of the enemies you face in the DZ are out of cover and all the most deadly ones in Falcon are also out of cover.

If I can get a 240 holster from CM I'll go 3 striker 2 sentry + savage gloves.

Agreed on the most enemies are usually out of cover part so having Savage gloves is great, but if you do the math, using savage gloves over a set piece nerfs your actual damage. The in-game DPS number may even show you a higher dps with those gloves but again, that just as wrong as dps boosted by accuracy mods.

A 13% increase to crit hit chance does not beat the set bonus provided by gear set combinations in any pve scenario.

The only place where Savage benefits is when you're doing pure pvp, where the increased crit chance is better opposed to +elite damage provided by a 3 sentry combo.

Any stat that provides a situational dps boost (crit chance in this case) can never be better than a stat that provides a permanent dps boost.

HMD

PS4 user here.
Does anyone else get crippling input lag sometimes?

Like, I'll be stood outside the BOO, and if I bring up the menu, it takes a good 2 - 3 seconds to pop up, then moving around the menu takes the same amount of time.
If I exit the menu, I then have to wait the same time before my character moves and at some cases even allows me to push forward and then back, and let go of the thumb stick and then watch it happen on screen.

It happens at random points in the game all around the map.

Its incredibly fucking frustrating and only happens in this game.

Absolutely! It's even worse when it happens in the DZ. The weird thing is it only affect the games menus, not the gameplay itself, so it must be game related.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is it still the same that we can get the weekly rewards each time if the host changes for the Incursion?

Shitheads like those are the reason why I refuse to do any activities with randos in which I am not the leader. I'd never do this to anyone, it's a waste of other people's time and just wrong. The fact that this guy has a youtube account and videos based on doing this is just terrible.

Wolfe

Shitheads like those are the reason why I refuse to do any activities with randos in which I am not the leader. I'd never do this to anyone, it's a waste of other people's time and just wrong. The fact that this guy has a youtube account and videos based on doing this is just terrible.

Naw man it's cool to be an asshole if you're doing it for views!

Don't forget to like subscribe follow tweet instagram and wipe my ass, not your own.

Mine.

Geneijin

I knew beforehand but I didn't realize how prevalent gear score inflation is. I'm a skill power heavy build first and foremost. So having said that, gear score overvalues DPS builds quite frankly. You're more likely to find people running 4 Sentry-2 Striker or 3 Sentry-3 Striker than say 3 Sentry-3 Tactician or 3 Striker-3 Tactician. And because of that, how many sets there are in this game (4. 3 different sets drop from FL), and the fact way more people are aiming for DPS, they'll more likely find a set piece they need than someone like me who wants to specialize in a support role. They're also more than likely to find a 240 GS item than me. Visible gear score really is the worst for matchmaking. It won't tell you I'm running a 182/204 chest piece for the Vigorous armor talent.

/me ends rant

I thought savage adds a flat 13% CHC bonus? Or am I wrong?

Half the stats in the game are bugged or don't work as intended.

The gloves that are supposed to add +crit chance on first bullet after reload add it to your base crit chance.

The talent that adds +crit chance at full health adds it to base damage regardless of health.

There are so many more that are broken - Brutal, Reckless, Combat Medic, Triage, Balanced....the list goes on.

Naw man it's cool to be an asshole if you're doing it for views!

Don't forget to like subscribe follow tweet instagram and wipe my ass, not your own.

Mine.

I lol'd

Half the stats in the game are bugged or don't work as intended.

The gloves that are supposed to add +crit chance on first bullet after reload add it to your base crit chance.

The talent that adds +crit chance at full health adds it to base damage regardless of health.

There are so many more that are broken - Brutal, Reckless, Combat Medic, Triage, Balanced....the list goes on.

Man, I absolutely love The Division's gameplay, but I can't understand how the fuck they released something as broken as this game is. And it was delayed! Wtf man. :|

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dont understand people at times.

4 guys in the back room to the left alley at the DZ06 saferoom boosting kills for XP. We run in drop them all in seconds. We go outside back towards the saferoom near Q-Building and they were there again boosting out there in the open lol. Didn't even notice us who were rogue rank 2.

We killed them again and we got rank 4. Ran towards Midtown Music to kill the boss, DZ chest and the other team tried killing us but fucked up big time running right into LMB shotty rushers. Now we had Manhunt so we was like ok well we need to extract, we casually go to DZ05 extraction and get our gear out. Come back down to the contaminated area and the guys are there and go rogue on us. (Why they didn't chase us when we had Manhunt I don't know..)

We killed them again, then they came back another 3 times went rogue and we killed all. You'd think they'd give up but nope.

Iceman829

Dont understand people at times.

4 guys in the back room to the left alley at the DZ06 saferoom boosting kills for XP. We run in drop them all in seconds. We go outside back towards the saferoom near Q-Building and they were there again boosting out there in the open lol. Didn't even notice us who were rogue rank 2.

We killed them again and we got rank 4. Ran towards Midtown Music to kill the boss, DZ chest and the other team tried killing us but fucked up big time running right into LMB shotty rushers. Now we had Manhunt so we was like ok well we need to extract, we casually go to DZ05 extraction and get our gear out. Come back down to the contaminated area and the guys are there and go rogue on us. (Why they didn't chase us when we had Manhunt I don't know..)

We killed them again, then they came back another 3 times went rogue and we killed all. You'd think they'd give up but nope.

The person is smart. People are dumb as fuck.

10 rogue kills away from the platinum.

That and the "extract from all zones" are the only two things left for me. Since I always play solo, I've never even tried to extract at DZ05 or worse, DZ06. The rogue kills too again, I only have one or two due to always playing solo lol.

Jerbs

That and the "extract from all zones" are the only two things left for me. Since I always play solo, I've never even tried to extract at DZ05 or worse, DZ06. The rogue kills too again, I only have one or two due to always playing solo lol.

I got the extract from all zones last night thanks to Mullah and company. I wasn't even trying for it, just happened we were there and that was the last one I lacked.

I lol'd

Man, I absolutely love The Division's gameplay, but I can't understand how the fuck they released something as broken as this game is. And it was delayed! Wtf man. :|

RGN: the game. They pile on so much rgn that even the programmers gets rgn'd their own machine. They don't even seem to understand the concept of "Blueprint". Instead of showing you the absolute base of what it does, it calculates your current stats and add-ons of your current weapon. I laughed and shake my head when I heard about this.

Getting a bit frustrated that I've played a shit ton of The Division lately...running Dark Zone boss runs, Incursion hard mode, have 1,000 phoenix credits and just haven't received a single upgraded piece of gear since my first gear sets. Not sure if I'm missing obvious buys or getting shitty RNG drops but nothing...

Bought the 204 Firearms Gloves and crafted six in a row with recalibrated rolls on the better ones trying to get Critical and SMG damage up and they're still a downgrade from a 163 pair I got ages ago.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Just got the game and I am currently level 12. It's pretty fun doing missions with randoms, and I just applied for the DivisionGAF - just waiting for approval. By the way, what's more important health or the electrical/skill?

Top Bottom