• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

jamesdbc

Neo Member
So is the best gear in the dark zone? Or can i craft it? I took a long break from this game and am now trying to score some gear to do the incursion and I have a gear score of 150 right now from just soloing the dark zone.

You'll find plenty of GS 163 items in the DZ. Whether they'll be useful or not is another matter...

IMO, the best way to improve your score is boss runs in the DZ. You can get ~30 HE items extracted per hour. Then, using those materials, craft items that you'll actually find useful.

You might be lucky and drop something useful along the way. But don't expect to...

Quazar

im nuking people with sticky build. Loving support/sticky role in groups. I do tend to rush to much though as a dps build habit.

Bollocks

so is 163 some kind of plateau? Ran dailies for 1 week and got not one single piece of better gear.
wanted to buy something from the special vendor but as it turns out I have not enough phoenix credits and it's just a grind to get them ._.

EL CUCO

Platinum Agent boyz
fEJVKbB.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
so is 163 some kind of plateau? Ran dailies for 1 week and got not one single piece of better gear.
wanted to buy something from the special vendor but as it turns out I have not enough phoenix credits and it's just a grind to get them ._.

No, but that's just the wonderful loot system at work.

edukate

What's the difference between high skill vs high electronics?

I.e. 50k skill/ 2400 electronics or 30k skill/ 3100 electronics.

fr0st

Banned
What's the difference between high skill vs high electronics?

I.e. 50k skill/ 2400 electronics or 30k skill/ 3100 electronics.
High skill power mean that you have more point that can go to either firearms or stamina. High electronics forces you to put points in it which nobody really wants to do.

People get high DPs and skill power at the same time by using the + skill power bonus on the back pack and mask and also + skill power on gear mods.

edukate

High skill power mean that you have more point that can go to either firearms or stamina. High electronics forces you to put points in it which nobody really wants to do.

People get high DPs and skill power at the same time by using the + skill power bonus on the back pack and mask and also + skill power on gear mods.

Noticed when my electronics is >3000 my damage output on abilities tops. But then high skill power doesn't make much sense to me because it doesn't seem to increase skill ability. Does this make sense?

I really hope I don't have to rework my main build too much after the update. I know they're increasing the mitigation amount, but I have a bit of an access of armor, so I should be okay.

fr0st

Banned
Noticed when my electronics is >3000 my damage output on abilities tops. But then high skill power doesn't make much sense to me because it doesn't seem to increase skill ability. Does this make sense?
Are you talking about the skill caps? Some skills have a hard cap on them and increasing skill power/electronics won't do anything to them.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Do my eyes deceive me, or did they really add a sidearm for the Sentry set.

C'mon Massive.

edukate

Are you talking about the skill caps? Some skills have a hard cap on them and increasing skill power/electronics won't do anything to them.

Gotcha. So no incentive in having electronics >3000 like there is for stamina or firearms?

*removes electronics mods*

theWB27

Cutting the extraction ropes now. Gonna be hilarious checking out Extractions from afar now.

Hopefully I'll want to play this incursion in order to get better gear.

Klyka

Banned
that rope cutting is the most devilishly amazing thing I have seen added to a video game PvP mode

"oh,you thought it was safe? think again"

Deku Tree

So the Columbus Circle incursion is gonna be stand in the hot spot and defeat wave after wave Horde mode type thing until you get loot at the end?

Did they do anything to fix the eight agent mega groups in the DZ?

DasTanK

https://blog.ubi.com/42953/

What content will be available with this second free update?

Petter Mannerfelt: In our second free update, Conflict, we are increasing the amount of high-end loot drops, and adding four more gear sets. Players with a high gear score will also be able to enter a new high-level Dark Zone bracket.

Also, players can now hijack ongoing extractions in all Dark Zone brackets and Sealed Caches will now have a chance to drop from named enemies.

In the open world, we are introducing Search and Destroy missions, which will reward you with intel to help you locate High Value Targets.

Clear Sky, an additional group-centered Incursion, has also been added.

What kind of new items are you introducing with this update?

PM: With Conflict, we are introducing new high-end weapons and four new gear sets:

Final Measure is a new defensive set.
Hunter’s Faith is a new long range set.
Predator’s Mark new support set.
Lone Star is a DPS (damage per second) gear set.

Hijack Extractions are now possible in the Dark Zone. How does this new feature work?

PM: Players will now be able to interrupt an ongoing extraction by cutting the rope to have all the attached loot bags drop to the ground. This means that you will have to defend your extractions to ensure the loot doesn’t get stolen.

Will I go Rogue if I hijack an extraction?

PM: Yes, you will go Rogue if you hijack an extraction.

What are Search and Destroy missions, and how do you get access to them?

PM: You can find the Search and Destroy missions in the safehouses of named zones once all side missions and encounters have been completed. The missions lead you to locations in the open world where groups of enemies are located.

Can you elaborate a bit more on High Value Targets?

PM: High Value Targets are dangerous faction leaders. They are a threat to society and need to be stopped. Complete Search and Destroy missions to be granted enough intel to find the whereabout of these targets. There are both daily and weekly High Value Targets contracts, and some of them require a group effort to complete.

What are Sealed Caches, and where can they be found?

PM: Named enemies will have a chance to drop Sealed Caches in the Dark Zone. The Sealed Caches contain mystery items which include gear, division tech and Dark Zone funds.

Do Sealed Caches need to be extracted?

PM: Yes, Sealed Caches are contaminated and need to be extracted.

What is the backstory of the Clear Sky Incursion?

PM: In Columbus Circle, Rikers have seized one of the anti-aircraft sites abandoned by the Last Man Battalion. Now, they control the entire Manhattan airspace, and are taking possession of the supply drops.

How many players does Clear Sky support? Is it still up to four players?

PM: All Incursions are designed for teams of four players. They are also accessible for one to three players, but the missions will be very challenging, as enemies are scaled for four players.

What loot can I expect for completing Clear Sky?

PM: On Hard mode, you can expect High End items with a 204 gear score, and Gear Set items with a 214 gear score every time you complete the mission. You also get double rewards the first time you complete the incursion every week.

Challenge mode rewards you with gear score 204 High End items and 240 Gear Set pieces every time you complete the Incursion, as well as double rewards once a week. (HUGE CHANGE)

Are there checkpoints?

PM: Yes, there is a checkpoint after the first encounter.

In the Clear Sky Incursion, will it just be my group, or will there be other players to encounter, like in the Dark Zone?

PM: You will only see your group while playing the Incursion.

The Division’s Conflict expansion will be available free to all players on May 24 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. For more on The Division, check out our previous coverage:

Iceman829

So the Columbus Circle incursion is gonna be stand in the hot spot and defeat wave after wave Horde mode type thing until you get loot at the end?

Did they do anything to fix the eight agent mega groups in the DZ?

They really can't fix that with how the DZ was designed. They can't kick players to a different server if they leave a group or are kicked out. The only thing they can do is populate servers better and at this point they still need people focusing on fixing broken things with the game or all the new cheeses that will come out next week

EL CUCO

Weird to have it drop on the same day as Overwatch. Might hop back into the game when the update drops but I imagine it'll be a pain to catch up. Have they changed anything in regards to crafting?
Shouldn't be too hard to catch up. They're not raising the "Gear score" with 1.2, and are suppposed to be greatly increasing quality of drops across all end game activities.

No mentions of what they're doing to crafting, but they have admitted that they're not rewarding us with enough currently to steer us away from it. Hopefully they do it right this time

bjaelke

Weird to have it drop on the same day as Overwatch. Might hop back into the game when the update drops but I imagine it'll be a pain to catch up. Have they changed anything in regards to crafting?

1.1 dropped the same day as Darksouls III and the Destiny update. Doubt they really care at Massive.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Without going into much detail did anyone else get an email from a certain company about beta testing this? With 1.2 out next week I'm wondering if its for 1.3 or something.

BHK3

Banned
does anyone play this on PC at all? Every game I get into(after 30 mins of matchmaking) it's one dude at a random safe house just idle. Dark zone has a lot of activity but everyone just shoots each other for no reason, the loot is garbage as well. Anyone level 10 in this that wants to run through it with me and 100% it? Uplay ID is BHK3

MildSoss

Without going into much detail did anyone else get an email from a certain company about beta testing this? With 1.2 out next week I'm wondering if its for 1.3 or something.

First time hearing about it, could be for the first paid dlc. Would make sense to pick an xbone player since you guys are getting it first.

Iceman829

Don't forget to comment like and subscribe to VE3TRO's YouTube channel at chances to beta test :p

GazzaGSi

Looking forward to the update, definitely a reason for me to pick it back up and should be done with UC4 by the time it drops too.

The HVT's are the most interesting for me and I should be good to go from the start with having cleared the map of all side missions and encounters (which is a requirement if I'm reading it right).

Cutting the rope on extraction is pretty savage but I'll just start attachment when the timer for the chopper leaving is almost over.

High Value Targets will finally bring back the joy of exploring Manhattan. That along with the loot changes and the fact that completing a CM Incursion will grant better drops (from what I got from that tiny bit) make this an update that I can't wait for now. I'll finish UC4 this week so I can dive into 1.2 next week!

Iceman829

I don't understand all the hate over the rope cutting really. How often are other players that close to your extraction that you need to worry about this? The only time other players have closed in on one of my extractions was because they were going to go rogue to begin with. Not to mention the rope is pulled up like 10 seconds later by the time the whole team hooks up their bags. This really only makes things more difficult to single players who have avoided teaming up with other people since day 1. People who play in normal 4 man squads will probably see the same activity as before at extractions.

Brakara

The HVT's are the most interesting for me and I should be good to go from the start with having cleared the map of all side missions and encounters (which is a requirement if I'm reading it right).

Same. Finally, there's a reason to roam around outside the DZ again.

Maximus P

How often are other players that close to your extraction that you need to worry about this?.

All the time, often extracting their own loot, but this changes the system. I won't be able to run away after I extract.

I'm not sure if it's the greatest idea, but at least it will make extracting blue items fun to troll the gankers.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Where do you guys extract? We do DZ05/DZ06 and barely come across teams or players.

It seems like all the shit show rogues happen down in the easier zones against the vunerable players.

Iceman829

All the time, often extracting their own loot, but this changes the system. I won't be able to run away after I extract.

I'm not sure if it's the greatest idea, but at least it will make extracting blue items fun to troll the gankers.

Do you play solo and extract often in DZ01-03? In DZ05-06 you can see other teams coming a mile away towards the extraction and at that point you can go rogue first if you want because there isn't much traffic up there. DZ01-02 has always been a shitfest and nothing will change that.

I was just thinking, with the Xbox One 30 day DLC exclusivity deal in place, I have to wonder if they have anything for us PS4 or PC plebs for June. We are only getting Underground in July, so I wonder if we will get an update akin to 1.1 or 1.2 to tide us over.

Maximus P

Normally on top of the parking lot in 02 and the big area in 03.

I'm never in a full team but I'm often in a team of 2 or 3. My buddies don't play a lot so they're quite low level geared so DZ 04+ can be difficult.

Top Bottom