• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Brakara

If you want to be completely undisturbed, try DZ05W. Just a couple of NPCs spawn, and I've never seen any other players there. In fact, when I got a 191 gear item in DZ01 once, I ran up to DZ05 to extract it.

EL CUCO

Make sure you guys go back to complete all your side missions and encounters.
What are Search and Destroy missions, and how do you get access to them?

PM: You can find the Search and Destroy missions in the safehouses of named zones once all side missions and encounters have been completed. The missions lead you to locations in the open world where groups of enemies are located.

Can you elaborate a bit more on High Value Targets?

PM: High Value Targets are dangerous faction leaders. They are a threat to society and need to be stopped. Complete Search and Destroy missions to be granted enough intel to find the whereabout of these targets. There are both daily and weekly High Value Targets contracts, and some of them require a group effort to complete.

Excited for the changes. Haven't seen any progress in weeks, but more high quality loot drops, a new incursion, hopefully some fun added to the non Dark-Zone areas sound like solid changes. Here's hoping the incursion is fun!

ManCannon

Excited for the changes. Haven't seen any progress in weeks, but more high quality loot drops, a new incursion, hopefully some fun added to the non Dark-Zone areas sound like solid changes. Here's hoping the incursion is fun!

New set items and better drops sound great as do high value targets (these spawn in the city I take it?). I have a hard time getting too excited about an incursion though... I still enjoy the combat in the game but I imagine it's just another area with wave upon wave of enemy (that hopefully isn't riddled with exploits on day one).

Shame it's the same day as Overwatch... happy for more content but it's gonna have to wait a bit.

New set items and better drops sound great as do high value targets (these spawn in the city I take it?). I have a hard time getting too excited about an incursion though... I still enjoy the combat in the game but I imagine it's just another area with wave upon wave of enemy (that hopefully isn't riddled with exploits on day one).

Shame it's the same day as Overwatch... happy for more content but it's gonna have to wait a bit.
If it's the same kind of Incursion, I'm not going to be excited...but in general, the idea of a super challenging mission that requires actual teamwork is something I look forward to. Falcon Lost suffers from being a room where it's not just wave after wave, but repeating the same task four times, where there's an element that prevents you from having combat scenarios change on the fly (the APC basically pins the team into that one location). If it's a wave-based challenge but there's some creativity and diversity in the combat, I'd be game to hop back in for sure.

Also, interested to see what the new gear sets are specifically (aka how will the new DPS one differ from Striker).

I was playing FL with 3 other randos and we made it to wave 7 without any problem. Then we all died and the dudes simply left. FFS, one try and everyone bails out in the first mistake.

As mostly a solo player I'm glad they are adding more to do outside the DZ, hopefully the named enemies are level 32+ to get some nice drops.

The cutting down of loot from the helicopter is some top level type of ganking, lol. Going to be a few wild days after the patch in the DZ.

I think once the patch hits and someone gets the DZ rope cut it'd be funny to queue omm nomm there in a gif.

The way massive is handling this game feels like the scene from The Dark Knight where Joker is talking to Dent in the hospital. They just do things without really having a plan.

Brakara

The way massive is handling this game feels like the scene from The Dark Knight where Joker is talking to Dent in the hospital. They just do things without really having a plan.

Not sure I agree. The content in this update has definitely been planned for a long, long time.

The major stuff absolutely but these little quick changes like DZ rope cuts and HVTs but they are a one and done do not feel like they were given much thought.

EL CUCO

The major stuff absolutely but these little quick changes like DZ rope cuts and HVTs but they are a one and done do not feel like they were given much thought.
In the original road map video before game launched, they said Conflict 1.2 would introduce something that would "change the way we play in the Dark Zone."
https://youtu.be/c_qUtFkdPEk_________________________

How did I miss this???
The Strength of Shotgun and Sniper NPCs
We are adjusting the damage output for the level 34 variants of these NPC types. Their damage was too high due to the difference in level between the player and the NPC, making tank stats less rewarding. We are reducing the damage they do to allow for players who focus on tanking stats to have a more effective role
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...incase_you_missed_it_npc_lvl34_shotgunsniper/

Division saved!
j9SDzNW.jpg

Brakara

What do you mean by HVTs being a one and done? To me that clearly has been planned. All areas have search & destroy missions, and doing those will grant you access to HVT missions (and the high risk/high rewards HVTs require you to have done more s&d missions). And these will be on a daily and weekly basis. Or am I missing something?

Hmm. Sounds like a promising start on fixing the stagnation that sets in once your GS gets to around 190+

This rope cutting is probably gonna make it tough for people who are running solo.

There's a way they could fix it though and simultaneously make Nomad armour attractive again.
They should get rid of scavenging on the Nomad set. Anybody of a high enough level to collect that set doesn't need to find extra purple items in the DZ.
Instead they should make the Nomad set give an armour and health boost that decreases based on party size. That way a solo player would get the full boost (playing as a proper 'Nomad') making them more likely to have some chance of surviving encounters against groups.
The bonus would also decrease as the party size increased making the set less useful to people in groups.
This would preserve the idea of the Nomad set being for lone players and help to make the game less of a chore for them when the DZ turns into a group gankfest.

So, anyone else trying to get in the game but stuck at the loading screen? Also, it seems it's not the game, since there's a red 'x' near my profile picture on my ps4. Messages load but the avatars don't. Strangely enough PS Store loads as usual.

Pop

This larger group of 4 bullshit in the dark zone needs to be addressed. If you leave a group in the dark zone it should boot you back to your server.

Quazar

This larger group of 4 bullshit in the dark zone needs to be addressed. If you leave a group in the dark zone it should boot you back to your server.

It's fun running around in a big group so as long as they're not just picking off people for the hell of it. It's a great way to ease the grind and plumage DZ landmarks.

kriskrosbbk

They need to make the 240 CM drops tradeable...what's the point of trading if you can't trade those items?

I have 6 x 240 strikers harness I don't need. FML.

Geez.. I should join you sometimes in FL CM.
I have you in my friends list anyway :p
Did the CM just once .209 score now and all I ever done is Hard as my buddies are lower score.

Are you going to do the CM anytime soon ?

Geez.. I should join you sometimes in FL CM.
I have you in my friends list anyway :p
Did the CM just once .209 score now and all I ever done is Hard as my buddies are lower score.

Are you going to do the CM anytime soon ?

Finished the CM incursion for this week and I only have 1 character, so no point in me doing it again this week.

I can do a HM incursion though.

Kane1345

Someone on reddit said that cutting the rope will give you a 19 second instant timer, takes six seconds to cut and a full 90 when the rope is successfully cut. Confirmed by Hamish on stream.

Klyka

Banned
Someone on reddit said that cutting the rope will give you a 19 second instant timer, takes six seconds to cut and a full 90 when the rope is successfully cut. Confirmed by Hamish on stream.

Ah that is actually pretty cool!
In the video it obviously looked like you just press a button and SNAP rope comes down, but that makes a LOT more sense to me now!

Tawpgun

I really wanna play 1.2. But overwatch is too good.

Are they fixing the loot system at all or is it still the same trash I left in 1.1

Ted

Logged on yesterday, went to the rewards vendor, picked up my season pass rewards, quite liked one of the skins. Logged off. Logged back in with a second character, went to the rewards vendor, no season pass rewards. No weapons skin, no crafting materials.

Last month at the very least skin rewards were available on two characters (which is tight enough given what they are) but now you can collect on only one? Just how fucking cheap can you be! I can't even have both main weapons matching.

Whilst it's not a big thing in and of itself, it speaks volumes to me as to just how little Massive give a fuck about satisfying paying customers.

Klyka

Banned
I really wanna play 1.2. But overwatch is too good.

Are they fixing the loot system at all or is it still the same trash I left in 1.1

They said they are changing the loot system.
And hey, 1.2 is free and you can paly it whenever. Not like one can't play Division and Overwatch.
It's what I'll do. Playing Overwatch for hours on end doesn't sound very fun,so I'll throw some Division in there too.

Tawpgun

They said they are changing the loot system.
And hey, 1.2 is free and you can paly it whenever. Not like one can't play Division and Overwatch.
It's what I'll do. Playing Overwatch for hours on end doesn't sound very fun,so I'll throw some Division in there too.
I just don't have that kinda time anymore so dunno how will have time for both. Still gotta make progress in dark souls 3 also

Top Bottom