• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

malcher

I missed the beginning of the stream. Anyone knows if they said/showed anything about matchmaking for weekly HVTs? Hopefully it's as easy as it is for missions (as in you pick specific target and matchmake specifically for it).

Klyka

Banned
I missed the beginning of the stream. Anyone knows if they said/showed anything about matchmaking for weekly HVTs? Hopefully it's as easy as it is for missions (as in you pick specific target and matchmake specifically for it).

Since they are part of the free roam, you will use the free roam matchmaking for it I assume

Nemic77

Going to give this game another chance I guess...

All the patch details so far sound really good but I can't help but feel a bit pessimistic considering how the past patches turned out.

Hope the game becomes more rewarding and fun.

Iceman829

It's not money.

You find Intel.

The JTF uses the Intel to find HVTs. If you have enough Intel they manage to find one

I still don't believe the JTF can successfully analyze the intel, but this makes more sense than getting charged money when I'm trying to save the city.

You know what's kinda funny?

This game has only been out for two months.
This is the second big patch.

It feels sometimes like this has been going for like a year or so but we are actually really really early into the life of this game still.

For me personally it launched in the middle of my busy season at work, so now that things slowed down it feels forever ago. The only other game that hooked me since this launched was Overwatch and I've been waiting on that to release more than the 1.2 update. Hopefully they continue will monthly / quarterly updates to keep things in the game fresh. We've had to endure terrible bugs and loot drops along the way, but they are still actively supporting the game. Next week will be fun since I'll have an extended weekend and will have 2 games to play.

I think the main reason I stopped playing was I would log in and only 1 party would be playing and the xbl party was locked from joining, so I would run my dailies and jump off. The game got boring when no one was on. I went back to playing other games since people were on those.

Mullah88

Huh. Put bleed on enemy. Have talent that spreads bleed. Everyone bleeds for tons of damage.

I like it!

Also means you can hunt rogues/players now cause all you need is hit them 10 times and they bleed and can't run anymore
100% bleed resistance

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
do people have that? XD

Yup, I have about 95% and my friend has over 100%. Talking about it last night saying if its best to have that or 100% Shock. Might be best keeping it now since Shock Turrets can be destroyed so easily.

fr0st

Banned
do people have that? XD

yea its a stat that can roll on knee pads.

im guessing there will be no new challenge missions since they didn't mention them.

this image shows otherwise.

postlaunch_web_241890.jpg

EL CUCO

Yup, I have about 95% and my friend has over 100%. Talking about it last night saying if its best to have that or 100% Shock. Might be best keeping it now since Shock Turrets can be destroyed so easily.
Time for me to find new gear.

Also, cutting the rope looks mega risky lol

Mullah88

do people have that? XD

sure, rolled it on a couple of sets to get to 100% and also shock resistance at 85% with other combination of gears (but the gear is shit). carrying around immune box is not worth it unless its in a tight spot (dz02 ladder). now that the stash is in the checkpoints, itll come in handy to switch around gears until they introduce loadouts

Time for me to find new gear.

Also, cutting the rope looks mega risky lol

best bet will be to just go rogue and have one group member cutting the rope while others shield him/her

phen0m24

Waits for Division/Cut the Rope crossover DLC/microtransactions. :p

The hvt does seem pretty cool. Hopefully the gear drops are equivalent to the blueprints and stuff available in DZ.

deafmedal

Waits for Division/Cut the Rope crossover DLC/microtransactions. :p

The hvt does seem pretty cool. Hopefully the gear drops are equivalent to the blueprints and stuff available in DZ.

Dom and I woulda ran the incursion with you, it isn't that bad and you know I'm pretty lactose intolerant ;) Hope you (and comms) come back, 1.2 looks to fix some of the main gripes I have with the game as well as adding some more frustrations, namely in the DZ lol. Being able to progress outside of the DZ is great but I worry that it still won't be enough (content). Such a big, pretty open world with nothing to do once you hit 30, hopefully HVT stuffs don't get too samey too quick...
says the guy who generally avoids PvP in the DZ and has over 200 hours spent in the game heh

I reckon I should clear the map now so I am ready for the new PvE content, I guess Far Harbor can wait :mad:

Also....looking to do incursion tonight...hard mode

I still haven't completed it (only have made one attempt)

I'm GS 186

180k/81k or there abouts.

PSN Paraflare.

I'll be on from 9est until whenever.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The new Toughness stat is very nice. It's basically calculating overall health and armor.

They're replaying the Special Report stream on twitch.tv/thedivisiongame incase anyone missed it earlier.

Yea we can determine what ours will be for a few calculations. I think this is correctly done.
Some examples.

80,000 health with 55% armor = 180,000 toughness
90,000 health with 65% armor = 260,000 toughness
100,000 health with 75% armor = 400,000 toughness

Edit: Yeah Gabe has on the stream 244,034 toughness, lets say he had 84,000 Health with 65% armour that would work out.

I still don't believe the JTF can successfully analyze the intel, but this makes more sense than getting charged money when I'm trying to save the city.

For me personally it launched in the middle of my busy season at work, so now that things slowed down it feels forever ago. The only other game that hooked me since this launched was Overwatch and I've been waiting on that to release more than the 1.2 update. Hopefully they continue will monthly / quarterly updates to keep things in the game fresh. We've had to endure terrible bugs and loot drops along the way, but they are still actively supporting the game. Next week will be fun since I'll have an extended weekend and will have 2 games to play.

I think the main reason I stopped playing was I would log in and only 1 party would be playing and the xbl party was locked from joining, so I would run my dailies and jump off. The game got boring when no one was on. I went back to playing other games since people were on those.

Dark Zone has been the same without you, Ice.....glad to see your hopping back in.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

If thats our group send us a message, we keep it private since randoms we meet in the DZ might join in and know our plans for when we kick them to steal loot.

phen0m24

Dom and I woulda ran the incursion with you, it isn't that bad and you know I'm pretty lactose intolerant ;) Hope you (and comms) come back, 1.2 looks to fix some of the main gripes I have with the game as well as adding some more frustrations, namely in the DZ lol. Being able to progress outside of the DZ is great but I worry that it still won't be enough (content). Such a big, pretty open world with nothing to do once you hit 30, hopefully HVT stuffs don't get too samey too quick...
says the guy who generally avoids PvP in the DZ and has over 200 hours spent in the game heh

I reckon I should clear the map now so I am ready for the new PvE content, I guess Far Harbor can wait :mad:

Yeah I got burned out on the DZ and then all the exploits hit and I just bailed. :( Will maybe give it a shot, although it seems life the new one is..... better?

deafmedal

Yeah I got burned out on the DZ and then all the exploits hit and I just bailed. :( Will maybe give it a shot, although it seems life the new one is..... better?

Nah, old one is fine in a "hang out here and kill the things while making dumb jokes with your friends *i need a revive* kind of way" lol :)

like the good ole days running phallus dark under the stairs ;)
I'm gonna clear up the map this wknd and max out my PxC so if you decide to hop on let's gitcha one done!

BTW, I saw a sticker on a truck today you would have loved... M4 with attachments that said MERICA from the scope to the tip of the barrel hah! Couldn't get a pic tho :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man scrubs and constant use of Incendiaries and Explosives, you know their shit when they have to keep using them.

Edit: Shock Turrets does everyone use these now? I kinda hope things get mixed up because its all I see in the DZ. If people didn't use these so many would drop in seconds since they didn't have the helping hand to cause a non-moving target. I'll have to get my Shock resistance up to 100%.

Mullah88

running incursion cm with randoms, got to wave 8 on the left side and wiped because ppl are being stingy with the survival link lol....everyone left smh

Minimaul

running incursion cm with randoms, got to wave 8 on the left side and wiped because ppl are being stingy with the survival link lol....everyone left smh

Which system? I'd like to try and get a CM incursion done. I've done hard mode quite a few times, but yet to do CM.

Jerbs

Got kicked from the incursion group I was in. I spent the majority of my time healing fools. I died twice, then I was called a "faggot" and kicked.

Iceman829

You can always go back to rewatch from the past broadcasts, but it seems like they'll be replaying for the rest of the evening.

Someone uploaded it on to youtube https://youtu.be/fQTNMjtV2MA

Thanks. I watched it when I got home. The update looks interesting. I'll have to make some time to play it next week.

If thats our group send us a message, we keep it private since randoms we meet in the DZ might join in and know our plans for when we kick them to steal loot.

You devious bastards. I'll hit you guys up the next time I jump on to play. I might play one day this weekend, but I'm mainly waiting for the update to play again. Higher level enemies, better loot, new gear sets and a new incursion

bjaelke

S&D gives you Intel tokens, High Value Targets cost Intel tokens. So the new "currency" is exclusive to those to activities?

Thanks to the gaffer who was punished with me in incursion tonight. Not sure of his screen name here.

We wiped on 15 when the server or the game took a shit and everyone except me disconnected. I tried to survive, but the other guy never came back and I died.

Randoms pretty much screwed the other attempts up.

Ah well. I'm really only trying to get it done so I can say I did it. It isn't worth the gear to go over it over and over. Too much work for too little.

Maybe next time.

120v

Shock Turrets does everyone use these now? I kinda hope things get mixed up because its all I see in the DZ. If people didn't use these so many would drop in seconds since they didn't have the helping hand to cause a non-moving target. I'll have to get my Shock resistance up to 100%.

it's what i hate most about DZ right now. i guess the rationale for not nerfing them is to give lower geared players some leeway but that's what GS brackets are for. luckily most who use them i can melt away fast but it's really annoying

Geneijin

Thanks to the gaffer who was punished with me in incursion tonight. Not sure of his screen name here.

We wiped on 15 when the server or the game took a shit and everyone except me disconnected. I tried to survive, but the other guy never came back and I died.

Randoms pretty much screwed the other attempts up.

Ah well. I'm really only trying to get it done so I can say I did it. It isn't worth the gear to go over it over and over. Too much work for too little.

Maybe next time.
That's why people just run it once for the 214 weekly reward and skipping the CM altogether. If you need help running HM on PS4, I could help if you're still looking to do it once. Just send me a friend request with your GAF name included so I know who you are. Maybe tomorrow afternoon if I'm free we could run it.

PSN kopyasu

kriskrosbbk

Hunter's Faith:
20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage (2)
20% Damage to Elites (3)
Hitting an enemy with a bullet grants you temporary armor. The further your shot, the more armor. The armor disappears after one bullet hits you. (4)

Can you help me understand the 4th bonus ,sounds really dull. Why do I need a lot of armor if it is destroyed with a single bullet?Just dont get it.

Klyka

Banned
Hunter's Faith:
20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage (2)
20% Damage to Elites (3)
Hitting an enemy with a bullet grants you temporary armor. The further your shot, the more armor. The armor disappears after one bullet hits you. (4)

Can you help me understand the 4th bonus ,sounds really dull. Why do I need a lot of armor if it is destroyed with a single bullet?Just dont get it.

It's basically to counter-snipe.
It works best against those crazy NPC snipers (or even player snipers) who will one shot/two shot down you.

Klyka

Banned
I'm really looking forward to jumping into the game again.

I just really love the style, the movement and the shooting in this.

Top Bottom