• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

Just to clarify, 1.2 will not have weapon balance, but the new gear sets will boost non SMGs. I expect some proper weapon balance in 1.3.
Yeah thats what I meant. Good call in clarifying. As far as PvP goes, I dont really think the new sets will be enough to sway the current SMG meta, but we might see a few more shotties out there. Excited to see how it shakes stuff up.

Yeah thats what I meant. Good call in clarifying. As far as PvP goes, I dont really think the new sets will be enough to sway the current SMG meta, but we might see a few more shotties out there. Excited to see how it shakes stuff up.

But that's also why weapon balancing is coming correct? I think we have some really exciting times ahead of us

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hamish just said that the AA-12 Shotgun featured in the 1.2 trailer isn't actually coming in 1.2 but later down the line.

Have they said whats happening with crafting and the new changes to Div Tech drops in 201+ bracket? At the moment we use Green and Blue Div Tech to craft into Gold Materials like Tools but we can't use Gold Div Tech to make Gold Materials.

If the new bracket is only going to drop Gold its going to be alot harder getting those other ones.

I thought I would post a summary of everything we know about 1.2 in here.

Incursion
Lead level designer Magnus Jonsson introduced the new incursion
What is Clear Sky all about:
In Columbus Circle, Rikers have seized one of the anti-aircraft sites abandoned by the Last Man Battalion. Now, they control the entire Manhattan airspace, and are taking possession of the supply drops. It is now your job, to neutralize this new threat and get these weapons back under the control of The Division.
Features and facts from Clear Sky:
It is outside and can have different weather (big difference from Falcon Lost)
It appears to be a more a classic mission
The weather is toned down, so you won´t get the worst weather like blizzard, where you can only see a few meters.
The weather is random, so you can´t choose that.
The main enemy is the Rikers, so it is a more nightmarish encounter than with the LMBs
Gear Score recommendation for hard is 160
There is an open street at the beginning, you need to recover explosives from mobs and blast your way into Columbus Circle
You need to be more mobile than Falcon Lost, you can´t camp out in a pit
The way to Columbus Circle is a DPS check, that gives you an impression, if you can handle the rest
There is a checkpoint once you have reached Columbus Circle.
Clear Sky supports the different roles – more tank, distance DPS and healers.
The map is almost a replica of the real thing
You can pickup Med-Packs from the Restock Crate at the checkpoint, so you don´t have to attempt the second part of the mission with only 2 Med-Packs after you died.
Challenge mode will come out one week after 1.2 is deployed (exact dates will be revealed)

New open-world activities

Search and Destroy missions
Search and Destroy (S&D) missions can be accepted from the Situation Board in the different Safe Houses.
You can only accept S&D missions, once you have cleared all Encounters and Sidemissions of a District.
There is an exclamation point next to the Save House, when new missions are available
S&D missions are random events that spawn on the map and your mission is to kill a group of mobs.
Each time you clear the S&D missions, you get an Intel Token. When you have cleared every mission of a District, you get additional two Intel Tokens.

High Value Target Missions
In the Base of Operations there are 2 new NPCs, where you can accept daily and weekly High Value Target Missions. Dailies are cheap 5 – 15 Intel Tokens, weeklies are more expensive and can cost up to 60 Intel Tokens
There are 6 daily and 4 weekly High Value Target missions
High Value Target missions have a timer on them that starts as soon as you accept the mission.
Normal High Value Target missions can be done as many times as it takes to complete them, High Risk Missions can only be attempted once.
The most difficult High Value Target missions have up to level 32 NPCs
High Value Target missions have different difficulties and the highest difficulty can drop 240 gear items

Balancing / Changes
They want to move away from the crafting to be the best source of loot – in-game activities should be the primary source of loot
There should be multiple sources to get the best loot
1.2 will be more generous, better loot and it will have a clear progression
Nomad Set will still be designated to the Dark Zone, but it can also drop in other activities
No weapon balancing, but there will be changes to the combat mechanics
Talents will be changed (for example Brutal and Balanced) and with the new gear sets, they will buff other weapons that are not really popular right now (LMG / Shotgun / Assault Rifle)
Sentry´s Call will be changed, so that the debuff-mark can only be applied with semi-automatic weapons. That should make it a more of a support / sniper set
The armor cap is increased to 75% Damage Mitigation. That should give the players more survivability against the most dangerous enemies

Loot
New loot System - read the full explanation here
There are new level 32 weapon mods

Dark Zone
New Dark Zone 200+ gear score bracket
200+ should separate the low geared players from the maxed out and min/maxed players
200+ Bracket enemies will go from 32 up to level 34
200+ Will have only High End Division Tech
Supply Drops will give you high ends items and they can also drop one of the 8 gear sets
A Stash was added to each Checkpoint

Hijack Extractions
It made no sense that you can just attach the loot to the cable and then run away
After 1.2 the loot is no longer safe once it is attached to the cable
You have to protect the loot as long as the helicopter has not departed
The items will drop when the rope is cut and can be picked up from everybody
Once the rope is cut, the extraction is canceled and you have to call a new one
The items will not drop in one big pile it will be scattered all over the extraction area (lootsplosion)
When a player tries to cut the rope, they will go Rogue immediately, so you won´t be punished when you protect your loot.
The cutting of the rope takes longer when the player is hit by bullets and with constant damage, the player won´t be able to cut the rope.
They will keep track on the feedback about this new feature, because in the end, a game should be fun.

Sealed Caches example
Can drop from all NPC in different rarities
Only Named NPCs will drop High End Sealed Caches
They contain High End Division Tech / Dark Zone Funds / Gear Items / Weapons and Mods
They need to be extracted
You won´t know the exact content until you have extracted and opened them

New Gear Sets
The New Gear Set are and play different
The should not just improve your stats, but they should change they way you play

Final Measure is a new defensive set.
2) 50% Exotic Damage Resilience
3) 15% Protection from Elites
4) When you you damage a player or an NPC with a grenade, you get a defuse buff, that allows you to defuse enemy grenades. When you defuse an enemy grenade it also gives you a grenade. (Also works with mortars in Falcon Lost)

Hunter’s Faith is a new long range set.
2) 20% Marksmen Rifle critical hit damage
3) 20% Damage to elite
4) Every time you land a shot depending on the distance to the target, it will give you Damage Resistance against enemy weapon damage – you can go above 75% Damage Mitigation. The additional armor disappears after one bullet hits you.

Predator’s Mark new support set.
2) 20% Optimal Range
3) 800 Assault Rifle Damage
3) 700 Pistol Damage
4) Every time you hit 10 Bullets without switching the target, will apply bleed to the target. The bleed damage will be 100% of the damage already done by the bullets.

Lone Star is a DPS (damage per second) gear set.
2) 100% Ammo Capacity
3) 1000 LMG Damage
3) 1000 Shotgun Damage
4) Every time you holster a weapon it will automatically be reloaded

Patch Notes and release time
Patch notes will be released on Monday
Conflict will be deployed in the 3 hour maintenance on may 24th starting at 9:01 CEST / 00:01am PDT / 03:01am EDT.

1.2 Preparations
Clear all Encounters and Sidemissions in the Districts, so you can access the Search and Destroy missions when 1.2 is released.

Link

NEW LOOT TABLES

HVT/HRT Drops:

High Value Target (Daily)
1x 182 High End or 214 Gear Set
chance for 1x 191 Gear Set
High Value Target (Weekly)
chance for 1x 214 Gear Set
High Risk Target (Weekly)
1x 204 High End or 1x 214 Gear Set
chance for 1x 240 Gear Set

Missions:

Hard Mode (Boss Drop)
1x 163 High End
Hard Mode (Mission Reward)
1x 163 High End
Challenge Mode (Boss Drop)
2x 182 High End
chance for 1x 191 Gear Set
Challenge Mode (Mission Reward)
1x 182 High End

Incursions:

Hard Mode (Boss Drop)
1x 204 High End Weapon
1x 214 Gear Set
182/204 High End or 214/240 Gear Set
Hard Mode (Weekly Reward)
1x 204 High End Weapon
1x 214 Gear Set
Challenge Mode (Boss Drop)
1x 204 High End Weapon
1x 240 Gear Set
1x 204 High End or 240 Gear Set
Challenge Mode (Weekly Reward)
1x 204 High End Weapon
1x 240 Gear Set

Dark Zone (0-161 + 161-200):

Named NPC Level 30 (DZ01 and DZ02)
1x 163 High End or 191 Gear Set
Named NPC Level 31 (DZ03 and DZ04)
1x 163/182 High End or 191/214 Gear Set
Named NPC Level 32 (DZ05 and DZ06)
1x 163/182/204 High End or 191/214/240 Gear Set

Dark Zone (201+):

Named NPC Level 32 (DZ01 and DZ02)
1x 182/204 High End or 214/240 Gear Set
Named NPC Level 33 (DZ03 and DZ04)
1x 182/204 High End or 214/240 Gear Set
Named NPC Level 34 (DZ05 and DZ06)
1x 204 High End or 240 Gear Set

Dark Zone Supply Drops(0-161 + 161-200):

DZ01 and DZ02
1x 163/182 High End
chance for 191 Gear Set
DZ03 and DZ04
1x 163/182 High End
chance for 191/214 Gear Set
DZ05 and DZ06
1x 182/204 High End
chance for 214 Gear Set

Dark Zone Supply Drops(201+):

DZ01 and DZ02
1x 182/204 High End
chance for 214/240 Gear Set
DZ03 and DZ04
1x 182/204 High End
chance for 214/240 Gear Set
DZ05 and DZ06
1x 204 High End
chance for 240 Gear Set

Iceman829

Sticky Bomb Proximity Fuse won't turn you rogue if it's triggered by hostile when non-hostile is in the blast range self.thedivision

Tested on both NPCs and rogues. If you shoot Sticky Bomb with Proximity Fuse mod at enemy NPC or rogue and other non-hostile player is in the blast range it will only deal damage to enemy.

Another reason to use Proximity Fuse over BFB on top of bigger radius and shorter cooldown. And great to use on rogues if they are shielded by non-rogues or hunting rogues with group of randoms.

You'll still go rogue if you manually detonate Sticky Bomb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...y_bomb_proximity_fuse_wont_turn_you_rogue_if/

That's something worth checking out if you are running sticky bomb and chase rogue players that are hiding behind other players

EL CUCO

finally beat CM with another group of randoms, wiped once! picked up a 240 striker vest and 214 striker bag
Nice! I still need to run it once more on my alt. 1.2 is gonna be so good since there's no lock out on the mission reward (only for double loot).

Gotcha I'll add you as soon as I get home.

And middle strat? I'm new to this incursion so someone explain this please.

As soon as the window blows out at the end of the "intro" hallway, you haul ass to "the pit", which is a recessed area down some stairs roughly in the middle of the map.

You mainly hang down there and pop up and shoot enemies. Sometimes enemies get into the pit through either the stairs on the sides or they hop down the middle.

A bomb drops from time to time and someone who knows how to do bomb runs does it (I haven't yet).

MaxiLive

Does anyone play on PC anymore? Struggling to find matchmade Incursions and when I do finally find one they disband.

EDIT: Yeah, I give up, 7 lobbies later and still no "gameplay".

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yep. II Tactician is tag. Send me an invite, we'll get up sometime. Today is girls bday so I'll most likely not be on.

Ok cool. Where you located?

We have another person who runs Tactician gear with Sticky. Be fun to have 3.

Quazar

Ok cool. Where you located?

We have another person who runs Tactician gear with Sticky. Be fun to have 3.

I'm in southern USA. I play with people from UK and Australia regularly and don't have many problems. They usually make me go sticky anyways.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
204 M44 Blueprint and a 204 Px4 Storm Type 4 at DZ03.

204 Tactical Mk 16 and a 204 Vector 45 ACP at BoO.

ODDI

Damn thread is dying all ya'll sentry call players anyways...

BoO stock
Tactical Mk 16 pxc 927 lv204
Provident
Destructive
Predatory

Vector ACP pxc 822 lv204
Brutal
Ferocious
Determined

Custom PF45 pxc 168 lv182
Expert
Deadly

Damn thread is dying all ya'll sentry call players anyways...

BoO stock
Tactical Mk 16 pxc 927 lv204
Provident
Destructive
Predatory

Vector ACP pxc 822 lv204
Brutal
Ferocious
Determined

Custom PF45 pxc 168 lv182
Expert
Deadly

What's the given talent on the 204 vector?

vivftp

What's the given talent on the 204 vector?

Determined

I was tempted by it, but I don't have nearly enough skill for Ferocious so that just leaves Brutal and Determined. I'll pass and just hold on to my phoenix credits as the cap increase is just around the corner.

Determined

I was tempted by it, but I don't have nearly enough skill for Ferocious so that just leaves Brutal and Determined. I'll pass and just hold on to my phoenix credits as the cap increase is just around the corner.

I might get for my tactician build I have a LVOA-C that has determined as well. That would be sick to have two weapons with that talent. Just don't have enough firearms to unlock brutal.

Bollocks

Was playing solo so I tried out this join feature for the daily challenge, no thanks, will stick to my squad.
I got matched with kids, literally, had decent gear score but couldn't play shit, said fuck this, queued again got matched with 2 low gearscore players, ok, whatever my squad beat it with a similar score. Just have to play more defensively, nope, they run straight into the gun fire,.... again,..... again.
Idk what the fuck is wrong with people, you have low gearscore, you stay back and use your skills to support the players who do the heavy lifting aka are willing to carrying you through.

Nokterian

Anyone wanna boost me tonight on Xbox One? Got myself well a new Xbox one bundle 1 tb and the game came with it i only have to go through the starting area,i stopped playing on pc for the moment.

Wow

I've been banned for a bit, it was the day after 1.1 launched, and it's sad to see how many people have stopped playing due to Massive's incompetence with that patch since then.

1.2 looks amazing and I am glad I'm back to play with this great community again.

I'm now at 260/96/20 with a gear score of 215 with 62% mitigation and have made it to DZ 78. I switch between Striker and Sentry builds.

Let's play again GAF!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So tried to work out the 100% armour score and I believe its around 7150 give or take.

If anyone has a score currently over 4,700 when 1.2 comes your armour % should naturally go up due to the cap being raised. With this and how to calculate Toughness we should be able to get a rough idea what ours will be.

So this is mine setup of Health 85,000 with Armour 65% (4,829)

1.2 update my armour should go to 67.5% so doing the calculation for Toughness I should have around 261,500. I don't believe things like Protection from Elites is included for it either.

Anyone wanna boost me tonight on Xbox One? Got myself well a new Xbox one bundle 1 tb and the game came with it i only have to go through the starting area,i stopped playing on pc for the moment.

Boosting to 30 or in DZ?

So tried to work out the 100% armour score and I believe its around 7150 give or take.

If anyone has a score currently over 4,700 when 1.2 comes your armour % should naturally go up due to the cap being raised. With this and how to calculate Toughness we should be able to get a rough idea what ours will be.

So this is mine setup of Health 85,000 with Armour 65% (4,829)

1.2 update my armour should go to 67.5% so doing the calculation for Toughness I should have around 261,500. I don't believe things like Protection from Elites is included for it either.

Boosting to 30 or in DZ?

That seems right but I'm gonna wait for the patch to hit in case of weird Massive decisions that we might not know about like weighting one more than the other

Mullah88

Nice! I still need to run it once more on my alt. 1.2 is gonna be so good since there's no lock out on the mission reward (only for double loot).
yup depending on how DZ drops of 204/240 go, ill probably just stick to farming the incursion. hopefully they add more Gear set Bp

I really need to get on this incursion before the new one drops. Tired of running DZ.

Anyone down for FL HM tonight?

PSN - Papoizthebest

sorry about that pap, was playing with another random group when i got your message the other day. when i get back on monday, we can run the hm incursion (if you havent completed it by then) and try CM if your up to it

yup depending on how DZ drops of 204/240 go, ill probably just stick to farming the incursion. hopefully they add more Gear set Bp

sorry about that pap, was playing with another random group when i got your message the other day. when i get back on monday, we can run the hm incursion (if you havent completed it by then) and try CM if your up to it

Its cool bro. We can run it on monday ill be home.

So i tried running FL HM last night and i must say it is a challenge, I grouped up with randoms and they were cool dudes. Made it all the way to wave 11 twice and got wiped because we made little mistakes. Shotgunners and snipers always kick my ass but everything else is smooth. Communication is really key in this mode.

I just need a slight bump in gear and i know i can finish it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
My face when SMG's are still king after 1.2 set additions:

tumblr_inline_n3q6kufASj1qcdegx.png

Mullah88

Its cool bro. We can run it on monday ill be home.

So i tried running FL HM last night and i must say it is a challenge, I grouped up with randoms and they were cool dudes. Made it all the way to wave 11 twice and got wiped because we made little mistakes. Shotgunners and snipers always kick my ass but everything else is smooth. Communication is really key in this mode.

I just need a slight bump in gear and i know i can finish it.

cm we had two tacticians running overdose and immunizer/ammo cache box, other two running pulse/overdose, sticky flash/overdose. knowing when the shotgunners come is crucial to succeeding....also having the right talents helps a lot! the immunizer box negates the shock drones (sticky flash disables them anyways) so those are not problematic. the snipers, you have to pick a side to clear. if everyone knows what to do and when to do it, you really dont need to talk tat much to complete it. i always did the bomb runs

TsuWave

i still don't know what falls under "exotic damage".

looking at the new gear sets and i'm pretty underwhelmed, gonna stick with striker.

also does anyone know if a 182 primary can compete in the DZ? i have a decent build currently: 239/93/12 and my primary is a 204 aug with capable, deadly and brutal but i'm thinking about crafting a 182 mp5 to try and get deadly, brutal and self preserved since you don't need div tech to craft it. i'm just not sure a 182 mp5 will hold up in the DZ right now, though i'm thinking self-preserved will go a long way at making it viable

also does anyone know if a 182 primary can compete in the DZ? i have a decent build currently: 239/93/12 and my primary is a 204 aug with capable, deadly and brutal but i'm thinking about crafting a 182 mp5 to try and get deadly, brutal and self preserved since you don't need div tech to craft it. i'm just not sure a 182 mp5 will hold up in the DZ right now, though i'm thinking self-preserved will go a long way at making it viable

GS doesn't really matter that much. I use my 182 MP5 with brutal, self preserved and responsive and it's really good. SP is an amazing perk for SMG builds, especially if you run solo a lot. I also have 40% health on kill so with SP that lets me get up close and personal and wreck mobs with ease.

Top Bottom