• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Lettuce

Holy Christ the Vector 45 ACP Rips!!!!, goes through ammo like a motherfucker though!, glad i got a extended mag mod that adds 78% more ammo so my mag sizes are now 35. Is there any high-end mag mods that add over 100% mag size?

Is the Navy MP-5 N supposed to be even better than the Vector then?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lol.

Got a 182 FW M1A with Steady, Fierce and Brutal on a quick Lexington. Had no need for it so I drop it at the mission exit.

Other players were all GS 120-150, none took it even though I offered it. Oh well weapons parts it is.

HMD

Holy Christ the Vector 45 ACP Rips!!!!, goes through ammo like a motherfucker though!, glad i got a extended mag mod that adds 78% more ammo so my mag sizes are now 35. Is there any high-end mag mods that add over 100% mag size?

I prefer the AUG, it hits almost as hard as the Vector with a bigger magazine.

Lettuce

I prefer the AUG, it hits almost as hard as the Vector with a bigger magazine.

I'll buy the Navy MP-5 when i get some more credits then.

Also whats the deal with the clothes?, they all just seem to be very similar nothing that ive seen or come across looks really distinctive, just seem to be a lot of caps that are just different colours or jackets that have just a slightly different texture to them. Is it actually possible to completely remove an item of clothing btw?

LOOT 2.0 OVERVIEW

JoKDBtb.jpg

Taken from The Division subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4kduwv/the_division_loot_20_gear_score_cheat_sheet/

Perfect top of the page post wooo!

Perfect, gonna keep this handy for when I play thanks!

Iceman829

I have the original extended mag bp the BoO vendor sold back at launch. 102.5% ammo and like 10-12 % weapon damage. I forget the weapon damage number, but I checked the ammo number yesterday

As for your clothing question. You can remove jackets, hats and scarfs. To do this just go to the equipped item and click it again to unequip

Lettuce

I have the original extended mag bp the BoO vendor sold back at launch. 102.5% ammo and like 10-12 % weapon damage. I forget the weapon damage number, but I checked the ammo number yesterday

As for your clothing question. You can remove jackets, hats and scarfs. To do this just go to the equipped item and click it again to unequip

Thanks!

Also where can skins be bought from?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wow game chat with proximity is actually fun, came across some people we chatted with. Found a guy who was solo and he joined up with us. We usually party up so never hear anyone.

I posted this on the Division subreddit as well.

Using the information posted in Reddit's sticky post about the Special Report for 1.2. I wanted to just purely speculate which weapons would be good to run with the new sets. This is all anecdotal and not based off of any formulas or math models. My opinion could change drastically after 1.2 is in the wild, yet for now let's speculate....

Final Measure is a new defensive set.
2) 50% Exotic Damage Resilience
3) 15% Protection from Elites
4) When you you damage a player or an NPC with a grenade, you get a defuse buff, that allows you to defuse enemy grenades. When you defuse an enemy grenade it also gives you a grenade. (Also works with mortars in Falcon Lost)

My Opinion: It's kind of hard to speculate for this set if there was a weapon with a grenade launcher in the game that that would be the default, yet there isn't. This set seems like a real situational set mostly for Incursions and Challenge mode missions I could be wrong, will have to see after 1.2 is launched. I envision a lot of people running the two set bonus for the dark zone to combat against explosive bullets/sticky bombs.

Hunter’s Faith is a new long range set.
2) 20% Marksmen Rifle critical hit damage
3) 20% Damage to elite
4) Every time you land a shot depending on the distance to the target, it will give you Damage Resistance against enemy weapon damage – you can go above 75% Damage Mitigation. The additional armor disappears after one bullet hits you.

My opinion: I think the M1A and Custom M44 would be the best weapons for this set based of the high damage that these weapons can kick out, more so the M44 if modding with some stability mods this weapon can be extremely steady.

Predator’s Mark new support set.
2) 20% Optimal Range
3) 800 Assault Rifle Damage
3) 700 Pistol Damage
4) Every time you hit 10 Bullets without switching the target, will apply bleed to the target. The bleed damage will be 100% of the damage already done by the bullets.

My Opinion: I'm really hoping this set is going to be good. But I'm skeptical (PvP wise) because 240 knee pads can roll around 130% bleed resistance. PvE wise, this can be a good crowd control set, coupled with seeker mines/Flame turrets. Weapons wise I think a Scar-L or Black Market would be will suited for this class. i hoping Shotguns can receive a nice buff from this set as well, with the extend range and bleed effect, especially if the 8 eight pellets count towards the 10 bullets need to proc the gear set talent.

Lone Star is a DPS (damage per second) gear set.
2) 100% Ammo Capacity
3) 1000 LMG Damage
3) 1000 Shotgun Damage
4) Every time you holster a weapon it will automatically be reloaded

My Opinion:I'm really hoping LMG/Shotguns can receive a decent boost from the added third pieces, yet I think using weapons with a high rate of fire would benefit mostly from this set. (Weapons like the LVOA-C/Lightweight M4 --- MP5/MP7 --Vector)

Correct. I heard that for shotguns it is 1000 additional dmg per pellet.

Nice, that's not a lot but good nonetheless. I got +380 for SMGs, but my AUG has like 11 or 12k, so it doesn't make much difference in the end :/

But for shotguns if it works for pellets that thing is a monster... lol

RdN

Debating if I should buy the M44 blueprint.

Not exactly swimming in DZ credits, and already have the 204 M1A.

What's you guys thoughts?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh my gawd Solid Red skin, I was just walking to the BoO and jokingly said to a friend I wanted solid black or red walk over and its red. I went ape shit lol.

BhR7vz4.png

FG7ICel.png

Ally1987

So many fucking hackers right now. Me and my group can't go rogue without being killed by hackers oneshoting us from the other side of the map

elithrar

I skimmed the OT threads (to a reasonable extent) but am still curious to know: how does The Division fare for a now-casual gamer? Is the single player/solo enjoyable and/or is forming groups for group content straightforward without a guild?

I moved to the other side of the world from my old guildmates, and no longer have as much free time to dedicate to MMOs. I probably wouldn't have hesitated before, but want to make sure I'm not going to be (too) frustrated by my newfound casual status.

Anyone else having an issue with the Daily Assignments not resetting correctly?

Two days in a row I log in after reset and they are all marked completed so I can't get the rewards... I need that DZ XP!

BSherrod

I still have four or five "Go to Safehouse ____" missions that I still can't finish. Surely they'll fix this since there are bits of the patch that need all the missions completed to work, right?

Minimaul

I still have four or five "Go to Safehouse ____" missions that I still can't finish. Surely they'll fix this since there are bits of the patch that need all the missions completed to work, right?

When you get those, go to the safehouse, and somewhere inside will be a locker and inside that you get more XP as a reward. It completes from either the locker or the from the guy that gives sidequests missions (his arrow will be yellow again). Unless of course there's an actual glitch, in which case that sucks.

BSherrod

When you get those, go to the safehouse, and somewhere inside will be a locker and inside that you get more XP as a reward. It completes from either the locker or the from the guy that gives sidequests missions (his arrow will be yellow again). Unless of course there's an actual glitch, in which case that sucks.

There's an actual glitch. Apparently the workaround basically involves trying to hop into people's instances and get lucky. It sucks.

Minimaul

There's an actual glitch. Apparently the workaround basically involves trying to hop into people's instances and get lucky. It sucks.

Well that's a bummer. I hadn't heard about that glitch before. Sucks. Although, it's just XP and if you're level 30 it doesn't do anything, so it's not like you're losing a whole lot by it.

BSherrod

Well that's a bummer. I hadn't heard about that glitch before. Sucks. Although, it's just XP and if you're level 30 it doesn't do anything, so it's not like you're losing a whole lot by it.

Well with the new bounty thing coming in patch 1.2 you have to clear the section before you can get bounties in the area. :-(

MP7 with good rolls supposed to be best. Aug and Vector are also very very good. MP5 not that awesome.

I skimmed the OT threads (to a reasonable extent) but am still curious to know: how does The Division fare for a now-casual gamer? Is the single player/solo enjoyable and/or is forming groups for group content straightforward without a guild?

I moved to the other side of the world from my old guildmates, and no longer have as much free time to dedicate to MMOs. I probably wouldn't have hesitated before, but want to make sure I'm not going to be (too) frustrated by my newfound casual status.

With patch 1.2 coming tuesday I would say that an OK single player experience will get much better. But the end game is mostly geared towards those who go online. You'll quickly find new friends and enemies by joining random inivtes and doing your own. This is my experience on PSN

120v

ever since GS ~190 all my DZ loot is essentially crafting mats. new patch can't come soon enough... i pretty much wasted my entire weekend

elithrar

With patch 1.2 coming tuesday I would say that an OK single player experience will get much better. But the end game is mostly geared towards those who go online. You'll quickly find new friends and enemies by joining random inivtes and doing your own. This is my experience on PSN

Grouping with random players is totally fine by me: I also understand The Division has a pretty good group finder/party system for ad-hoc groups?

Oh my gawd Solid Red skin, I was just walking to the BoO and jokingly said to a friend I wanted solid black or red walk over and its red. I went ape shit lol.

BhR7vz4.png

FG7ICel.png

Got to have that red, looks so good.

I purchased the pure white 3 times so i could have it on my Primary/Secondary and Pistol. Then i changed all my clothes to white (or as close as could be) for that StormTrooper look.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man it's a small world. Went rogue on some guy who ran in to steal a supply drop that we just cleared out. Killed him and went underground to the North West area with the boss and 3 DZ chests.

While down there we came across another agent who kept his distance, once our rogue status was gone we ran up and said hello. Explained what happened about going rogue and he asked if we had a space so he could join, we was already full and we said goodbye and left.

In the Q-Building came across some guys who were gonna go rogue so we did it before they could get the hit on us. Stole all the loot and went to DZ05 Northern extraction. Luckily it had been called in so just as we arrived to did the chopper. The player from earlier who we'd talked to was there and seemed a little nervous due to popping his buff.

We now had a space and asked if he wanted in, he joined and we farmed DZ06 for a good hour or two. After he asked to add us as friends since his group stopped playing shortly after 1.1 came out.

I checked out his friends and he's buddies with Damatris who is on GAF known as In Service and posted quite a bit in OT1 and 2.

Man it's a small world. Went rogue on some guy who ran in to steal a supply drop that we just cleared out. Killed him and went underground to the North West area with the boss and 3 DZ chests.

While down there we came across another agent who kept his distance, once our rogue status was gone we ran up and said hello. Explained what happened about going rogue and he asked if we had a space so he could join, we was already full and we said goodbye and left.

In the Q-Building came across some guys who were gonna go rogue so we did it before they could get the hit on us. Stole all the loot and went to DZ05 Northern extraction. Luckily it had been called in so just as we arrived to did the chopper. The player from earlier who we'd talked to was there and seemed a little nervous due to popping his buff.

We now had a space and asked if he wanted in, he joined and we farmed DZ06 for a good hour or two. After he asked to add us as friends since his group stopped playing shortly after 1.1 came out.

I checked out his friends and he's buddies with Damatris who is on GAF known as In Service and posted quite a bit in OT1 and 2.
Hah, that's pretty cool :)

Iceman829

I just started playing this, i'm level 4 at establish base of operations, tips? :)

You want to complete the first medical wing mission across the road for the self heal ability. After that or before complete the Security wing mission because it unlocks an xp buff on all activities in the world. Now just run around the map completing side missions and playing story missions when you are the correct level for them. You can also queue these missions up to play them with random matchmaking, but I'm not sure how many people are still running them.

Just work your way to level 30 and fully upgrading your base of operations. Remember to go out of your way to visit safe houses in new districts so your map can update with all of the activities. Don't worry about purchasing guns or gear from the vendors as you will upgrade everything quickly as you level up.

Just a word of wisdom if you are going to use matchmaking in the game go to the activity (mission) and change your privacy status (in the group management screen) to open. This will make you the party leader and leave your game open for all players to join. This protects you from being booted from the game and you can remove any players that are not helping the team or that go afk.

Just post as you go along with any questions and we can help answer them. Once you are closer to the end game people can help explain all the activities and the best way to gear up. The 1.2 patch goes live tomorrow so we will see how that shakes out.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So many people on Reddit getting all salty over the Sentry and Reckless nerf thinking they will now be able to kill anyone who was running that combo.

Come tomorrow once that armour cap lifts I'm going to become even more of a tank even with the Reckless incoming damage fix and I run full Striker. Can't wait for the theads. xD

Iceman829

So many people on Reddit getting all salty over the Sentry and Reckless nerf thinking they will now be able to kill anyone who was running that combo.

Come tomorrow once that armour cap lifts I'm going to become even more of a tank even with the Reckless incoming damage fix and I run full Striker. Can't wait for the theads. xD

I can't wait to hear you get salty when someone 1 shots you with 75% armor mitigation :p

Ted

I finally hit level 30 this weekend! Feels good man... though from what I have read here, the grind starts now.

My level 29 character ended up looking like this:

As soon as I hit 30 I went and spent my Phoenix credit from the Ubisoft club thing and the additional we got for dailies not being available. At that point I just bought a few bits I could afford (AUG/ACR/Vest) with very little thought beyond beefing up my toon enough to be able to get through Hard missions as I believe this is my next step, playing these hard and hard daily missions until I have enough gear to play challenging.

The AUG and ACR were both first time rolls as I only had enough DivTech crafting material to do one of each, that left me here (new bracket, new outfit):

I know I should be playing the dailies and such but I can't stay away from the DZ. Despite essentially now being about as weak as I ever have been in terms of the other players in the same zone I've been lucky enough to still get most of my usual loops done successfully without getting totally destroyed. There's more rogues for sure but there's also more prey I suppose and as long as I've kept them at bay long enough to run and then kept ahead of them for a little bit they pretty quickly seem to give up. The biggest difference so far has been that all the DivTech crates are always already looted!! Got to get up pretty early DZ time it seems to get to that particular worm.

Not finding much good loot though so I might get back into the PvE missions for a bit until I have geared up a little. Ended the weekend here:

Not too bad for now. Had to lose a little skill power to give myself a little health and DPS but even without the loss I still wouldn't be able to get the skills on my guns activated so I'll leave that for another day (when the rolls of the weapons are a little better).

Does anyone have any additional advice for a fresh faced level 30?

Iceman829

@Ted

Lemur posted this spreadsheet from reddit to list all the loot drop changes/locations once patch 1.2 launches tomorrow.

LOOT 2.0 OVERVIEW

JoKDBtb.jpg

I wouldn't sweat it too much today as hopefully the loot grind becomes easier tomorrow. I would knock out the daily missions if you can. Some pcreds never hurt. Work towards replacing those purples with HE items that are actually statistically better. Don't swap purples for HE if they drop key stats just for the color of the item. Depending on what system you are playing on there might be someone who can show you some of the ropes around the DZ for some looting and whatnot.

fr0st

Banned

Yes ttk will probably go up by a second or two but shredding people is still gonna be common.

Ted

New level 30 advice

Thanks a lot Iceman, very much appreciated. That seems like sound advice and that chart is super-useful. Looks like I will have plenty to get my teeth into, especially post patch.

What sort of stats/GS do you think is a minimum aim for challenging missions? I don't want to drag any groups down.

Depending on what system you are playing on there might be someone who can show you some of the ropes around the DZ for some looting and whatnot.

I think I should be OK here (though always happy to play with GAF any time, just keep in mind my slightly non-standard home life which means I am not always the best player to play co-op with, I am always listening but rarely get a chance to use my mic). I tried to do 15 DZ levels in each bracket, I skipped a few in the 25-29 bracket as it was so empty of players but am nearly at 60. I actually used the quietness in the 25-29 bracket to get the extract from all eight extraction points trophy, DZ 6 was tough as a 29 but it felt great getting it done!

Top Bottom