• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Matush

I think I'm oficially done with the game. Even though 1.2 update isnt bad, as a Solo player (I had group of people who used to play Division with me 3/4 weeks after launch, not anymore) I just dont see a point. DZ is absolutle madness with these changes, no way I can run it solo/with randoms, Im unable to complete Incursions with randoms, where after one wipe they just leave. Not even SnD can save it, that shit got boring real fast after 3 runs I did.

Most of the players here play when I sleep (late PST/EST, Im from EU). The worst thing is that I bought Season Pass day one (stupid me, never again) and I highly doubt there is any way I can get a refund.

So if you have a GS of 193 are you supposed to be put into 201+? Because I have been getting placed there all day. I have 0 items in my stash, I do have an AK as my third weapon but equipping it only puts me at 195.

Mobs are a complete pain in the butt at 193 solo in the 201+ DZ.

Wolfe

CM gives 182 now if you need to gear up.

CM have always given 182.

Update seems promising so far, people complaining (complain is a strong word, just talking about the posts mentioning certain things being pointless already like daily HVTs) need to keep in mind the majority of players will likely benefit from the changes.

ManCannon

Just over an hour spent in a random group in the 201+ bracket DZ6 and have extracted five 204 weapons (all meh) and four caches with a 240 set item each (among other random crap to deconstruct). The 34 enemies are no joke but it's a lot more fun IMO when the stakes are higher. Pretty funny watching new groups rush into Q Bldg. and all insta-wipe.

Bring an umbrella, it's raining loot.

Gear score still means absolutely nothing. Just like sets. I got a few 240 items but they are much worse than the 182s and 214s I'm using. Also, I never seem to be able to improve my char, I'm stuck at 190/280/12. smh

ManCannon

I think I'm oficially done with the game. Even though 1.2 update isnt bad, as a Solo player (I had group of people who used to play Division with me 3/4 weeks after launch, not anymore) I just dont see a point. DZ is absolutle madness with these changes, no way I can run it solo/with randoms, Im unable to complete Incursions with randoms, where after one wipe they just leave. Not even SnD can save it, that shit got boring real fast after 3 runs I did.

Most of the players here play when I sleep (late PST/EST, Im from EU). The worst thing is that I bought Season Pass day one (stupid me, never again) and I highly doubt there is any way I can get a refund.

Guessing you're not on XB1 but if so, add me "ske7ch" I've basically played exclusively solo / random groups and have built up a decent amount of solid players on my friends list from random matchmaking. Just ran DZ6 for an hour this morning with 3 randoms and we all got multiple 240 items. But yeah, my experience with randoms in the incursion, not so great.

jamesdbc

Neo Member
So if you have a GS of 193 are you supposed to be put into 201+? Because I have been getting placed there all day. I have 0 items in my stash, I do have an AK as my third weapon but equipping it only puts me at 195.

Mobs are a complete pain in the butt at 193 solo in the 201+ DZ.

The score displayed on your inventory and your 'hidden' score, which determines your DZ bracket, are calculated differently. The score you can see includes your best possible: primary gun, secondary gun, sidearm, armour, mask, knee pads, backpack, gloves and holster.

However, the 'hidden' score only calculates your best possible highest score gun (and ignores the other two) in addition to armour, mask, etc.

This means that displayed score is almost always lower than 'hidden' score, as the former is reduced by the the two other guns in your inventory - and guns, seeing as they only go up to 204, usually have a lower score than gear.

You must have a high score primary and a few 214s to be getting in the highest bracket.

EL CUCO

Man, I hope this game gets some clan support. It should give the community a little boost. It was leaked during the beta but nothing ever happened :(

k1t4j

Alright, although much shorter I actually like the new Incursion. You have to be super active and keep rotating around.

And 15 minutes for 2 204 weapons and 2 set items is not bad at all!

Wolfe

They will probably be placed in 201+ since it calculates your DZ bracket differently than your Gear Score.

How does that work exactly? It was my understanding that the DZ brackets directly corresponded to your GS (hence people dropping it down below 160 GS to get into the lower GS bracket after 1.1 dropped).

The score displayed on your inventory and your 'hidden' score, which determines your DZ bracket, are calculated differently. The score you can see includes your best possible: primary gun, secondary gun, sidearm, armour, mask, knee pads, backpack, gloves and holster.

However, the 'hidden' score only calculates your best possible highest score gun (and ignores the other two) in addition to armour, mask, etc.

This means that displayed score is almost always lower than 'hidden' score, as the former is reduced by the the two other guns in your inventory - and guns, seeing as they only go up to 204, usually have a lower score than gear.

You must have a high score primary and a few 214s to be getting in the highest bracket.

My highest score gun is my AK, a 183 IIRC. Equipping it still doesn't get me to 201+.

So I'm not sure what the point is then. As a solo player who doesn't have 201+ equipment im at an even bigger disadvantage than I was before.

k1t4j

Nomad can now drop from Incursions?

Just got a backpack from my third run of Clear Sky.

Still no chest drop...... FML

FLAguy954

Goddamn it, I picked up a hungry hog LMG but there was this huge fire fight at the DZ6 extraction point and I lost it :(... Oh well.

kmg90

DAMNIT, I need more impressions! Stop enjoying the update and tell us all about it! lol

It's a dumpster fire... It has a game killing bug that takes 2 button pushes to reproduce....

Joining other sessions "doubles the UI" making it impossible to set items as junk and possibly deconstruct items that you do not intend to. Also kills the framerate and is a massive memory leak on PC

The effect is multiplied every new session that is joined.

Rock solid broken

k1t4j

Something really funny just happened to me in DZ.

I haven't been there in a while, only rank 55, but decided to try my luck against the DZ06 mobs. I went to the checkpoint in the top left made my way into the tunnels and cleared it.
On my way back up I get downed in a blink of an eye by a flamethrower dude, those guys are no fucking joke...

Anyways I go back to grab my keys and DZ money and this guy comes out of nowhere and he was carrying loot, I ignored him and continued down the street as I have my back to him he starts shooting at me, turns rogue and I noticed he only took 1 of my HP bars I turn around didn't even notice that I had the M1A on and 2 shot him. Got a nice chuckle out of me, he dropped 204 yellows that I didn't even bother to pick up.

I suppose that really must sting, you go rogue on a guy which just turns around and 2 shots you then the loot you carrying is so shit he just leaves it there, hahahahaha.

FLAguy954

It's a dumpster fire... It has a game killing bug that takes 2 button pushes to reproduce....

Joining other sessions "doubles the UI" making it impossible to set items as junk and possibly deconstruct items that you do not intend to. Also kills the framerate and is a massive memory leak on PC

Rock solid broken

Yes! The game accumulatively got worse FPS-wise the more I played. Today was the first time I ever seen the game drop into the 30s.

Hopefully a hotfix is on the way because the double UI (which causes intense color blooming by the way) is a fucking mess.

Rock solid broken

I got this bug on Xbone earlier.

Ashtar

So the consensus is that it's booty cheeks? unfortunate
I don't want to get it completely spoiled but the new incursion isn't wave based correct?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Cheek of some people. Clearing out a DZ06 supply drop, got everything killed quite quickly apart from the boss. Focus on the boss and some fucker runs in steals the boss and runs lol.

Xbudz

Rock solid broken

WTF? Double UI? Is it visually fucked? Can somebody take a picture?

GazzaGSi

I didn't get anything visually, just horrendous slow down when bringing up the map. Moving the cursor to set a way point or moving it to a fast travel location was as smooth as clicking play pause play pause play pause play on a movie.

People also need to realise to not start the incursion (entering the no respawn zone) because it's the same as FL, once the leader has passed that point before others have joined you get the instant reload as soon as you enter the area. With FL it was easier to tell as you had to go down the ladder, with this people just run straight ahead and it starts the mission stopping people from getting passed the gate if they join after.

Our first attempt at the new incursion was a complete noob/rookie run where we were just taking on endless waves of enemies for probably around 45 minutes in the circle area before we saw there was an objective to complete in the top left corner.... DO'H!

alife

DktzJvJ.png

xw8xLiD.png

npDWKaQ.png

EL CUCO

I've been watching streams all day long. Everyone seems happy with the update. Have not seen any "Solid Broken" complaints lol

Have seen the UI glitch happen a couple times when you join someone but they log out/in and it goes away (might take a few tries). Unfortunately, bugs slip through in The Division but Massive has shown that they're listening and will squash them ASAP given the severity.

deadduck

Not played properly in a while but managed a CM FL.

Really enjoyed the 201+ DZ. It's hard as nails and it makes it so much more dangerous. Even running past some groups isn't an option. Dtec is no longer a problem, nor are drops. No more random Sentry debuffs and getting melted within 0.2 seconds.

Level 34 shotgunners don't feel like they've been touched.

Impressed by the patch so far. Apart from the UI bug and the lag tonight, omg the lag, killed me more than once.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Loving the patch!

Not sure why everyone feels so helpless as a solo player in dark zone. It's really not that hard to not get ganked.

I'm not that geared up and roaming the dark zone is not that hard. Just watch your back, don't talk to strangers and save your survivor link for when you need to extract.

Don't extract when you see 4 rogues around the block, don't extract if you see some dude just looking at you.
Don't bite off more than you can chew basically and when you can, find some people to run with.

You can get some really great heat outside the dark zone too as well. So if you don't like it, you don't have to go in there.

kmg90

It's worse in motion... The framerate and subsequent input lag is experience breaking

I am in the process of capturing video of it will post when uploaded

Edit: https://youtu.be/ar8yiAW0R58

I only show the map performance issues but not the in-game which has constant dips below 20 in combat situations

GazzaGSi

Thought I'd try the dz for abit as guys in my friends list were already tied up in missions/groups and fuck me I even struggled to clear the junkyard in DZ01 on my own. I'm GS201 and think the enemies were 32, did these used to be 30's prior to the patch? I'm sure I never used to have issues clearing these guys out on my own.

Got a nice sealed cash from the boss there, 214 gear set item, plenty of funds and some div tech.

kmg90

Thought I'd try the dz for abit as guys in my friends list were already tied up in missions/groups and fuck me I even struggled to clear the junkyard in DZ01 on my own. I'm GS201 and think the enemies were 32, did these used to be 30's prior to the patch? I'm sure I never used to have issues clearing these guys out on my own.

Got a nice sealed cash from the boss there, 214 gear set item, plenty of funds and some div tech.

Yes the higher brackets are now 32 minimum...

GazzaGSi

Yes the higher brackets are now 32 minimum...

Phew, I haven't turned to crap then since taking a break for UC4 :)

Also tried a 30 token high reward target, I new it was timed but didn't realise it was that tight for time... 30 tokens down the drain.

Top Bottom