• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

@Cityhunter: I just double checked and after being logged out for 5 or 6 hours the HVT mission I paid for but couldn't beat at the time is still "available" to accept in the menu and I don't have to pay for it again.

I'll have to double check mine as I didn't beat the timer on a high reward target so assumed the tokens had been lost and I needed to buy it again.

@Cityhunter: I just double checked and after being logged out for 5 or 6 hours the HVT mission I paid for but couldn't beat at the time is still "available" to accept in the menu and I don't have to pay for it again.

Rad~. The Bullet Claus roam the streets again tonight!

EL CUCO

Challenge mode Falcon Lost felt alot more rewarding with all those 240 sets and 204 HE weapon dropping. Clear sky was a nice change from FL as well. Curious to see how much people will enjoy it when we're dealing with level 34 elites and no where to hide tho lol

I just don't appreciate my time not being respected by games. The Division has already done it too much.

I have a wife and kids and other shit to do. If I'm going to spend my whole night after my kids go to bed on a game like this I expect something in return.

Massive still doesn't respect people's time and I'm sick of it. What a waste of a night.

Sorry but you don't get RNG. RNG doesn't care about wife and kids. Their goal was to give us more chances to improve with drops, but if they guaranteed it, what fun would that be?

I just don't get your point. Do you want them to just sell perfect loot at all the vendors so we can all run the exact same build like it's Zelda or something? Take down that salt level bro

120v

first time i've spent in dz (160 bracket) without getting ganked... just farmed and farmed and farmed. only rogues that popped up were over supply drops

i'm not one of those who thinks the dz needs to be a cuddly place because without pve it'd be another generic TPS... but god it felt good to actually play without getting one shotted

finally got to see the value in my nomad set too. i was about to ditch it because the revive was worthless with having insane DPS thrown at you but i was able to hold my own in dz06 because of it

drops in HVT were better than i expected but it was kind of a chore and i wish i spent the whole night in dz before it becomes rogue nation again. it'll be a good break from CMs at least

fr0st

Banned
Actually got lucky had a perfect 204 holster drop to replace the one I was using that I rerolled the mod slot for armor. And 1540 armor on my 240 striker chest helps too
I was referring to the devs saying it would be hard to reach and sacrifice some stiff to get there. I've already seen people with 400k toughness and 70+% armor.

Sorry but you don't get RNG. RNG doesn't care about wife and kids. Their goal was to give us more chances to improve with drops, but if they guaranteed it, what fun would that be?

I just don't get your point. Do you want them to just sell perfect loot at all the vendors so we can all run the exact same build like it's Zelda or something? Take down that salt level bro

I'm unsure what you don't get. I don't expect to get everything on a silver platter day one of 1.2 but I don't expect to get absolutely nothing worthwhile after now about 6 hours of playing. I logged off while in the DZ with a bag full of garbage.

I understand it's RNG but if you can play 6 hours and RNG gives you nothing then there is no positive reinforcement.

Don't buy into the hype people. Loot is raining but it's all crap.

Also no daily missions again, can they seriously not fix this for crying out loud? And the damn UI bug is awful on PS4 too, making it impossible to use the map and inventory properly. I can't believe something like this got through...no wait I can because it's Massive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
so disappointed with the predator set - bleed doesn't stack and only does the damage of the last bullet lol... it's absolutely fucking worthless.

Not sure what setup I want to run this patch. I think 3 piece striker's and 2 piece sentry's is king, but going to try to experiment with like 3 piece lone-star + 2 piece sentry or 3 piece lone-star + 3 piece predator. Was so excited to go full AR, but seriously, with the exception of sentry's, Massive just loves to gimp their cool 4 pieces way too fucking hard.

Wolfe

so disappointed with the predator set - bleed doesn't stack and only does the damage of the last bullet lol... it's absolutely fucking worthless.

The last bullet meaning the one that triggered the bleed? The bonus makes it sound like it is supposed to make them bleed out for the combined damage of all 10 bullets that triggered the bleed right?

Also funny you mention the 3 striker/2 sentry cause I just swapped out of that for 4 striker/2 HE lol. Lower dps shown in the menu but higher damage per bullet even before the 4 piece bonus applies so I'm going to mess around with it to see how it feels compared to before (compared to how that set up felt after todays patch that is, definitely not able to mow through CM enemies like I was before the patch.) Difference might be small in actuality but it still feels noticeable.

Can't grind as hard as you Ruthless. I'm sure you consider 200 GS items useless at this point.

lol I stopped playing regularly over a month ago. Just logged in for a CM incursion each week and some DZ daily assignments for easy xp. I was DZ rank 83 when 1.1 came out, and am DZ rank 89 with 1.2 - that's how much I 'grinded' :p

Also no, lower GS items can still have better stats than higher GS items. But ideally you want to get all 204 weapons and 240 gear set armor.

I'm at:

235k DPS
250k Toughness
65% mitigation

My group is slightly lower level than me.

We got OWNED in the new incursion. Shotgunners kept wrecking us.

Gonna have to wait and see some tutorials, lol.

Your group isn't working together.

I ran Clear Skies with 175k dps and 190k toughness, our group blazed through it under 10 minutes.

Challenge mode Falcon Lost felt alot more rewarding with all those 240 sets and 204 HE weapon dropping. Clear sky was a nice change from FL as well. Curious to see how much people will enjoy it when we're dealing with level 34 elites and no where to hide tho lol

Yeah hard CS is so short and easy, I'm curious to see what happens in the challenge mode. People need to understand that the enemies spawn indefinitely so working the objective asap is key. A tank player with ballistic shield to aggro the enemies away from the fuse carrier would work well I believe.

5 hours of grinding DZ06 and doing Clear Sky and I haven't improved my stats in any way from all this loot that's been dropping.

Sure there's all this 204-240 loot dropping now but it's all awful rolls and completely useless for people who have worked hard on great builds.

I am very much a believer that if I can't make any progress in a chunk of 5 hours then there's no point in playing.

Ugh

It's all RNG.

In the 4-5 hours I played after the update came out, I had so much loot. I got a ton of HE 204 weapons a whole lot of 214 and 240 gear sets.

How many of them were an upgrade? ZERO for my build/playstyle.

I had one 204 bolt action rifle drop that had the right perk, everything else I sold off or dismantled. The game hasn't changed where loot quality is RNG but it's more of a quality of life update where you get showered with high-end and end game loot.

Have to keep on playing in order to get lucky with the drops.

In 2 hours of DZ I also collected almost 80k DZ funds and 50+ HE Division Tech.

The game is a lot more rewarding in terms of loot drops and you just have to play to get something that is useful for you.

Yeah, exactly this. This update, loot wise, is the best so far. Bugs, glitches and broken stats aside, the complaint that you didn't make any progress in 5 hours doesn't hold any weight. That's not how loot games work.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's funny how half a day can change my mind about the update.

PvE is completely limited by the fact that the "good" HVTs are limited to once a week. There's no reason to limit it, because you have to grind the intel to play it anyway. What's doubly worse is that if you help a friend who hasn't done the weekly HVT, you get absolutely nothing - not even a boss drop. Why would you do this?

So now I'm sitting at 99 intel and with nothing to do in PvE again for the week... and now the Dark Zone is busy enough that you're going to run into other players competing for the same bosses, which again just makes me wish there was a private dark zone for PvE.

I mean at least you can grind the Incursion and get decent drops now, but why not have more content to do instead of less? I don't understand what they are thinking with the weekly HVT. It's like one step forward, one step back, and we're back where we started again.

Ultimately the goal of the devs is to push everyone into the Dark Zone.

Incursion being easy to farm for new gear sets is great. New Gear sets being underwhelming is bad.

Weekly HVT's are very generous with 204 HE's, 214 and 240 GS drops, but limited to once per week makes no sense. Hard missions and CM missions are infinitely replayable for PC and drops, why not HVT's, given that they are very hard to solo in the time limit and you need to run them with a team.

Just took out any incentive to help friends with weekly HVT's by not awarding drops if you have done them already. I hope they will listen to the community and change this.

It's funny how half a day can change my mind about the update.

PvE is completely limited by the fact that the "good" HVTs are limited to once a week. There's no reason to limit it, because you have to grind the intel to play it anyway. What's doubly worse is that if you help a friend who hasn't done the weekly HVT, you get absolutely nothing - not even a boss drop. Why would you do this?

So now I'm sitting at 99 intel and with nothing to do in PvE again for the week... and now the Dark Zone is busy enough that you're going to run into other players competing for the same bosses, which again just makes me wish there was a private dark zone for PvE.

I mean at least you can grind the Incursion and get decent drops now, but why not have more content to do instead of less? I don't understand what they are thinking with the weekly HVT. It's like one step forward, one step back, and we're back where we started again.

Mobile apps / Farmville time gated progress mentality in thinking that would extend the life of the game. It's definitely a misstep for sure. But I'm hoping that the daily HVT will have more varity than x amounts of phoenix gold that would entice you there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mobile apps / Farmville time gated progress mentality in thinking that would extend the life of the game. It's definitely a misstep for sure. But I'm hoping that the daily HVT will have more varity than x amounts of phoenix gold that would entice you there.
Oh yeah, I'm reminded by the fact that they hired a person in charge of mobile games to control this game's economy.
Yeah currently the daily HVTs are pointless, considering you get more drops/credits from just running Lexington over again. You might as well just save your intel for the rollover.

Ultimately the goal of the devs is to push everyone into the Dark Zone.

Incursion being easy to farm for new gear sets is great. New Gear sets being underwhelming is bad.

Weekly HVT's are very generous with 204 HE's, 214 and 240 GS drops, but limited to once per week makes no sense. Hard missions and CM missions are infinitely replayable for PC and drops, why not HVT's, given that they are very hard to solo in the time limit and you need to run them with a team.

Just took out any incentive to help friends with weekly HVT's by not awarding drops if you have done them already. I hope they will listen to the community and change this.
I feel like they should just make the PvE somewhat equal to the Dark Zone. I know they want people to the DZ, but spending time trying to change servers over and over again because the landmarks in DZ06 are gone isn't all that interesting.

But yeah, there are some good things in the update for PvE. It's just limited by the fact they want to keep minimizing PvE for the sake of PVP.

Tratorn

Is something wrong with my PS4 (can't be, because other games work just fine) or why does noone talk about what a mess this patch was for the PS4 version?
It's more broken than ever before for me.
After playing 15-30 minutes, I can't really use my inventory or map anymore, because when I open them, it's seriously running with 5 FPS or something. And it's getting more and more unplayable, the longer I play. I have to logout every 30-60 minutes to reset it, otherwise I practically couldn't use my map/inventory anymore.
And the start of the new Incursion is bugged more than any other mission before. Players get teleported to the start of the Incursion again, when they try to enter. I need a dozen of tries to find a party that can fully enter the Incursion...
Another issue is that most of the time every comment gets repeated exactly 3 times, lol. For example when I'm in the DZ with this bug, the pilot of the helicopter tells me 3 times that he'll be there in 30 seconds. Same for the other countdowns as well.
I'm seriously surprised I didn't read anything about these issues here. It's just broken.

I got the double UI glitch as well (two times) and that prevents you from marking items as junk, really annoying.

SkylineRKR

You're not alone. My inventory lags, goes double, color looks oversaturated, guy repeats fallen teammates 3 times forcing me to recheck.

Its a mess.

Is something wrong with my PS4 (can't be, because other games work just fine) or why does noone talk about what a mess this patch was for the PS4 version?
After playing 15-30 minutes, I can't really use my inventory or map anymore, because when I open them, it's seriously running with 5 FPS or something. And it's getting more and more unplayable, the longer I play. I have to logout every 30-60 minutes to reset it, otherwise I practically couldn't use my map/inventory anymore.
And the start of the new Incursion is bugged more than any other mission before. Players get teleported to the start of the Incursion again, when they try to enter. I need a dozen of tries to find a party that can fully enter the Incursion...
Another issue is that most of the time every comment gets repeated exactly 3 times, lol. For example when I'm in the DZ with this bug, the pilot of the helicopter tells me 3 times that he'll be there in 30 seconds. Same for the other countdowns as well.
I'm seriously surprised I didn't read anything about these issues here. It's just broken.

I got the double UI glitch as well (two times) and that prevents you from marking items as junk, really annoying.

I mentioned it as well, this patch is a joke

Ubisoft clearly don't care, they have a deadline and it's coming out, broken or not. These guys will never change.

Mega bug thread - Post 1.2 Update 24/05/16

New patch broke more things than it fixed.

Brakara

I don't understand what they are thinking with the weekly HVT. It's like one step forward, one step back, and we're back where we started again.

Eh, it's still a lot better than no weekly HVTs, so I'm not sure how we are back to where we started again.

Also, daily HVTs are great for a solo player like me who don't always want to run hard and challenge missions for credits and loot drops.

Geneijin

That one bug in particular isn't so much a bug but a preventative measure to stop anybody else from entering that mission after the group reaches a certain checkpoint. The group leaders are typically unaware of this, and stupidly, set their group privacy to public, which will automatically invite people whenever someone leaves the original group. Doesn't help there isn't an easy restart option and even that doesn't even work sometimes.

Brakara

That one bug in particular isn't so much a bug but a preventative measure to stop anybody else from entering that mission after the group reaches a certain checkpoint. The group leaders are typically unaware of this, and stupidly, set their group privacy to public, which will automatically invite people whenever someone leaves the original group. Doesn't help there isn't an easy restart option and even that doesn't even work sometimes.

How am I supposed to be greap leader and get a team going when I'm alone? It works fine with the first incursion. Of course, I can use matchmaking, but then I run into the danger of being kicked because people are assholes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eh, it's still a lot better than no weekly HVTs, so I'm not sure how we are back to where we started again.

Also, daily HVTs are great for a solo player like me who don't always want to run hard and challenge missions for credits and loot drops.
Sure, it's one more thing to do, but they could have given you a reason to play the game for more than a day.
Heck, as it stands, you don't even have to gather the intel if you find someone to start the HVT missions for you. So you might just bang out everything in a day, run out of chances at "progress" via PvE, and then be done for the week. If someone was going to copy Diablo, then just copy Diablo. I can't imagine what Diablo would be like if you could only do 1 Greater Rift a week.

Also, the time it takes to gather the intel to do the daily HVTs makes them not worth doing since you can simply run Lexington and get equivalent rewards (with guaranteed matchmaking as well).

Tratorn

Mega bug thread - Post 1.2 Update 24/05/16

New patch broke more things than it fixed.

Thanks, I googled a bit after writing my post and found that thread as well. It's really embarrassing for Massive after saying that they will test their patch better this time before they release it.

Oh didn't know that as well. Massive should better communicate that and implement it in a better way as well...

kmg90

You're not alone. My inventory lags, goes double, color looks oversaturated, guy repeats fallen teammates 3 times forcing me to recheck.

Its a mess.

Congratulations! you are experiencing the double ui bug that's triggered just by joining another session/group and exponentially gets worse every new session that you join.... See the video I posted yesterday for proof of the hard/impossible to miss bug in action... The rock solidest of updates

The only fix is to reload the game and not join other sessions

EL CUCO

I got the UI bug last night. Logged out/in once, rejoined group member and it was fixed for the rest of my playing time.

The1Ski

Congratulations! you are experiencing the double ui bug that's triggered just by joining another session/group and exponentially gets worse every new session that you join.... See the video I posted yesterday for proof of the hard/impossible to miss bug in action... The rock solidest of updates

I know a very limited amount of coding and programming so this is a serious question but how/why would joining another instance/player have anything to with GUI? Where is the overlap?

bjaelke

I am way to squishy at 209k toughness. Especially for soloing most of the time.

You could do worse.

kqNwmvU.jpg

1.2 "other changes" that were not mentioned in patch notes:

165 "purple" Superior items have been added to the Dark Zone Gear Vendor in the BoO and Dark Zone checkpoint vendors.

Appearance items now have more logical names denoting their color.

Historian Named Markman Rifle on sale in the Special Gear Vendor along with 2 pieces (each) of the new gear sets.

In addition some pre-rolled holsters are available (you can get 3 pc Predator's Mark instantly if you have the PxC) Side note, all the gear on this vendor was reset as a result.

Crafting costs of Weapon mods and gear mods have been returned to pre-1.1 values lowers to 4/6

Weapon mods/gear blueprints from the DZ vendor now require DZ Rank 80 to purchase

Advanced Weapony Vendor in the BoO now sells the Centurion M1911 Named Pistol, talents are Provident, Intense and Expert 714k credits 204 GS

204 weapons, not the BPs, in the DZ03 saferoom are also locked behind DZ80

HVT Critical areas may not appear if it "spawns" on one of the zones you have not unlocked. It is also prone to bugging out and not appearing after you complete the current critical area. Relogging fixes this.

Intel is capped at 99

You need to be in proximity to the mission area to receive credit for S&D missions. Still might be faster to clear all 3 S&D missions in a team of 3, one going to each point and get the 4 intel bonus for doing critical areas.

This change was mentioned in the patch notes but I tested : Mobile cover non-usable areas was expanded for the police academy door and the trigger from the basketball court will not trigger if you have not done the previous steps. You can still put the extended mobile cover down to sneak in after the first clear but without the trigger is useless. Tested as the HM daily was there :)

When you are server transferring while rogue, you have to wait for the rogue timer to run out before you will transfer. Any team mates who are not rogue will transfer to the new server without their rogue team mates.

All resupply crates in safe houses now also give med kits

Mentioned on SOTG 25/5/16:

Scavenging fixes did not make the patch

AA-12 Shotgun seen in the trailer did not make the patch

Sentry Marks bug was fixed

#andmanymore was non-gameplay related changes.

You could do worse.

lol what.....

Top quality QA right there

5 hours of grinding DZ06 and doing Clear Sky and I haven't improved my stats in any way from all this loot that's been dropping.

Sure there's all this 204-240 loot dropping now but it's all awful rolls and completely useless for people who have worked hard on great builds.

I am very much a believer that if I can't make any progress in a chunk of 5 hours then there's no point in playing.

Ugh
Yup. Played the game for like 8h yesterday (it was my day off from work) and got absolutely nothing worthwhile.

These guys had an amazing opportunity to make people move on from Destiny permanently and they completely fucked it up. If anything, this will just make more and more people just jump back into destiny for good.

Ubisoft, your incompetence knows no bounds.

These guys had an amazing opportunity to make people move on from Destiny permanently and they completely fucked it up. If anything, this will just make more and more people just jump back into destiny for good.

Ubisoft, your incompetence knows no bounds.

Don't worry, there is nothing worthwhile to do in Destiny either.

Guys all the bugs go away if you just keep playing!

This thread is so negative and pathetic. Go play other games if you hate the Division so much. Seriously we won't miss you.

Don't worry, there is nothing worthwhile to do in Destiny either.

Ya, now maybe but i played it for months and months on end (every day) with virtually no game breaking bugs. Nothing like this. This game hasnt been out half a year yet and its more broken than ever. Its not acceptable.

Cant wait to get more phoenix credits as a gift. Should become a regular thing if this keeps up.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So bosses now drop gearsets in challenge modes like Lexington? Just did one and I got 3 High-ends and a 214 Gearset.

-Deimos

30 minute downtime incoming to fix....

....missing characters for some players.

Yesterday was my first time playing since launch......and they replaced my new level ~10 character with my old level 4 character who hadn't even completed tutorial yet. I also lost all those random high level items that were in my stash. Thanks Ubi.

Was only able to play around 2 hours yesterday and the addition of the HVT is great and will get me to play more, as a mostly solo player I will be able to get quite a bit of phoenix credits without having to farm the same mission again and again.

In the 2 hours I played I was able to get 2 191gs Lone star gear, looking forward to buying some blue prints and keep building my character.

Also looking forward to doing the incursion this weekend with my brother and friends.

ManCannon

sucks to hear people are having issues since the update... played for 5-6 hours on XB1 yesterday and didn't encounter any new bugs or problems. (*disclaimer pretty much spent entire time in DZ)

The DZ is awesome once again. I think I extracted 6-7 green caches all with 240 set pieces along with picking up a few from super intense supply drop retrievals. Still mixing and matching random item pieces but my toughness skyrocketed, thankfully no longer getting near 1-shotted by the 34 elites up there nor insta-killed by a stray grenade (funny seeing three people immediately die in a cloud of tear gas). None of the 204 weapons I extracted were worth a damn but since I had zero expectation for anything more than parts, no worries. Looking forward to trying the incursion but at this rate it's going to be hard for me to bother doing much else than DZ given the frequency of drops vs. time spent vs. enjoyment.

Top Bottom