• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Got 2 x gear sets - 214 and 240 from the lowest weekly HVT.

Do all 4 HVT missions - they are worth it.

Yes yes. I was surprised at the quality dropping from these. Was able to solo all the daily stuff.

I tried a 130gs weekly and had to cut through 7 heavies on the first wave. I didn't make the spawn timer because it took too long to kill them.

I died trying one of the daily HVT. When I went back the dudes not there. Am I out of luck?

Don't bother with the daily HVT, they are a waste of intel and only drop low GS HE items.

Weekly HVT and HRT are the ones you want to do, in a fireteam because they are timed and overloaded with lvl 32 elites.

Jesus Christ, they completely screwed up the HUD. The line is gone when selecting locations on the map, Setting stuff is junk doesn't always work, the map as laggy as shit.....pathetic

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So you can just keep doing search and destroy over and over at one safe house? Why not just do easy zones?
Some zones have a critical mission that give more intel, but otherwise there's no reason.

It's kind of amazing how much like Diablo they made it though. Basically you're running bounties in order to get a rift stone to open a rift and fight a high level boss for better drops. The only bad thing is that it's not repeatable - I don't know why they don't want people to keep doing them, since it would have provided a nice alternative to the DZ.

That said, the DZ is also crazily rewarding if you drop a lot of those purple caches. You'll have more Divtech than you'll ever need. The only problem might be never seeing blue Divtech ever again, which made for an easy way to convert to the other types of materials.

spyder_ur

I think you need to go back to the BoO and reset the mission. I did this but the same boss was in a totally different location on the map.

Thanks. No dice though it doesn't seem. Unless I'm missing something. I don't even see the name of the guy as a selectable option.

Don't bother with the daily HVT, they are a waste of intel and only drop low GS HE items.

Weekly HVT and HRT are the ones you want to do, in a fireteam because they are timed and overloaded with lvl 32 elites.

I'm just getting back into the game and I don't have a fireteam, so I was just messing around to see what's new.

Can't grind as hard as you Ruthless. I'm sure you consider 200 GS items useless at this point.

Am I correct in that you need to grind intel to even get the missions? Seems a bit bizarre.

Geneijin

CM have always given 182.

Update seems promising so far, people complaining (complain is a strong word, just talking about the posts mentioning certain things being pointless already like daily HVTs) need to keep in mind the majority of players will likely benefit from the changes.
The mission reward is now 182 instead 163. There are also more high-end drops.

Bluecondor

I love the 200+ dz. Every drop is interesting, and the level 32 and 33 enemies are no joke.

The new sealed caches are a great add. I had two green gear set caches drop (one of which was stolen from my by a team of 4 who perfectly played a rope cut), and the purple caches each dropped several thousand DZ credits and some gold division tech.

The new incursion was a lot of fun. I was level 201 when I did it, and I did it with a team of a 175, 205 and 217 (the 217 carried us). You really have to play well together as a team if you are in the 180s-low 200s - or get someone who is really geared up to carry you.

I'm also a fan of the HVTs (haven't even done a weekly HRT yet). While it is a bit tedious to do the various S&D missions to earn intel, the HVTs, the HVT missions are like mini-incursions with 3 or 4 waves of tough enemies - culminating in a boss. The daily level 30 HVT was pretty easy, but I got mashed (again - level 201) by the level 32 HVT in the first wave. I tried it a second time with a buddy who has a 175 GS and we made it all the way to the boss fight. It will be an easy clear with a team of 3 or 4, but still a fun way to earn 25 pcs and a chance at a decent item from the boss.

Wolfe

Anyone on PS4 down to play at 9pm EST?

Looking to run Clear Sky and then grind DZ06 and HVT.

Still looking?

Kind of bummed that the HVT stuff isn't more solo friendly.

The mission reward is now 182 instead 163. There are also more high-end drops.

Ah ok, I'm so used to ignoring the 'reward' as it's always been crap so I just assumed you were talking about the boss drops. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: cool just noticed the lack of dailies again...

RdN

I'm at:

235k DPS
250k Toughness
65% mitigation

My group is slightly lower level than me.

We got OWNED in the new incursion. Shotgunners kept wrecking us.

Gonna have to wait and see some tutorials, lol.

FLAguy954

Man, running the new Incursion with a good squad is absolutely the fastest way to stock up on weapons. 5 204 weapon drops in an hour. The DZ remains the best way to get 240 Gear Set drops though.

Geneijin

Ah ok, I'm so used to ignoring the 'reward' as it's always been crap so I just assumed you were talking about the boss drops. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: cool just noticed the lack of dailies again...
Yah, basically, it was 1 163/182 (I forget if the HE is a guaranteed 182 dip) HE drop and 1 163 as a completion bonus. Now it's like 3 182 HEs for drops and 1 182 as the completion bonus.

EL CUCO

Saw these on Reddit. The Pit IRL. very cool
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4kvr78/the_pit_irl/
1upYiSS.jpg

stQOTdI.jpg

Wolfe

Yah, basically, it was 1 163/182 (I forget if the HE is a guaranteed 182 dip) HE drop and 1 163 as a completion bonus. Now it's like 3 182 HEs for drops and 1 182 as the completion bonus.

Yeah the drop was always 182. Hadn't done any CM since patch till just before reading the above and was a bit surprised to see 3 HE from the boss and none from the guards lol.

Quazar

As I just talked shit on randoms. I got in a group that destroyed new incursion and made two new friends. Fun stuff. We just kited boss that was all.

This update seems pretty good thus far as it added life back into the map. Tried a weekly HVT for the gloves with a friend and we got rekt'd twice.

So if anyone was curious. if you lose the fight against a HVT you will get teleported back to BoO. It's a one shot deal. In order for you to go again, you will need to get more intel currencies for you to activate it again. They will go to different area of the map each time. But I assume that they'll probably be designated in like 3 to 4 different spots. The difficulty wise I would think it's probably in the area of hard mode incursion maybe a little higher? Then again, it's kinda wave base with more and more aggressive people storming in so I imagine you'll have a bunch of lvl 34 coming at you.

But it's not too bad. I like the idea of able to go back to my roots as the Manhattan BulletMaster running and handing out deaths like christmas eve.

The Historia was a huge~ disappointment with it's crap talents. It would be much better if "Intense" is 15% fire for every bullet instead of only 1st. That would make that talent more "intense" instead of a whimper. I was looking forward to that weapon too but I already knew that it's not gonna be good lol.

Wolfe

This update seems pretty good thus far as it added life back into the map. Tried a weekly HVT for the gloves with a friend and we got rekt'd twice.

So if anyone was curious. if you lose the fight against a HVT you will get teleported back to BoO. It's a one shot deal. In order for you to go again, you will need to get more intel currencies for you to activate it again. They will go to different area of the map each time. But I assume that they'll probably be designated in like 3 to 4 different spots. The difficulty wise I would think it's probably in the area of hard mode incursion maybe a little higher? Then again, it's kinda wave base with more and more aggressive people storming in so I imagine you'll have a bunch of lvl 34 coming at you.

But it's not too bad. I like the idea of able to go back to my roots as the Manhattan BulletMaster running and handing out deaths like christmas eve.

The Historia was a huge~ disappointment with it's crap talents. It would be much better if "Intense" is 15% fire for every bullet instead of only 1st. That would make that talent more "intense" instead of a whimper. I was looking forward to that weapon too but I already knew that it's not gonna be good lol.

Just an FYI you only have to pay for the HVT once, if you fail it you just go back to the BOO and restart it, it'll be listed as "available" or something in the list instead of having an intel price.

Edit: to be clear though yes, it will move to a new location upon failure.

Edit2: to touch on the Historian, I still have no idea what their whole plan was for the named HEs, outside of that blue AR I've yet to see anyone champion any of them and the few I've looked over in the BOO are rather poor compared to the stuff I've found/crafted so far.

I mean are they supposed to be desirable? Because I fail to see their purpose in the game currently, especially when they're still releasing new named weapons that people are always bagging on.

Just an FYI you only have to pay for the HVT once, if you fail it you just go back to the BOO and restart it, it'll be listed as "available" or something in the list instead of having an intel price.

Edit: to be clear though yes, it will move to a new location upon failure.

Edit2: to touch on the Historian, I still have no idea what their whole plan was for the named HEs, outside of that blue AR I've yet to see anyone champion any of them and the few I've looked over in the BOO are rather poor compared to the stuff I've found/crafted so far.

I mean are they supposed to be desirable? Because I fail to see their purpose in the game currently, especially when they're still releasing new named weapons that people are always bagging on.

Really? I didn't know that. I only saw that when I was gonna try again it was in red. And that when I attempted the second time it deducted from my intel amount. Also from them saying how they will go into hiding until you gather intel again. You will need to get them again.

As far as the named weapons, I imagine that should be why they're named weapons because they're supposed to be desirable. But so far they've not done a good job of it at all. I honestly don't know what they're thinking. In other games, named weapons have unique attributes that makes them above regular weapons that you want to chase after. I thought I heard that Midas had a 4th talent but they considered it too OP or something I dunno.

I was genuinely surprised this evening by how much I enjoyed Clear Sky. It's worlds better than Falcon Lost, demanding that you stay on the move and work as a team to gate and fend off enemies as needed. The second objective once you get into Columbus Circle itself was a dastardly inclusion of a underused mechanic and will no doubt be the hardest part for many come challenge mode.

The new HVT system is great as well. I got several 240 gear drops and ended up with over a half dozen new set pieces throughout the night. I haven't gone into the Dark Zone yet but I look forward to trying out the 200+ bracket... with a team of course.

Wolfe

Really? I didn't know that. I only saw that when I was gonna try again it was in red. And that when I attempted the second time it deducted from my intel amount. Also from them saying how they will go into hiding until you gather intel again. You will need to get them again.

I'm sure they still reset daily and weekly assuming you left any paid for but unfinished, maybe your second attempt was after the reset? Could just be something funky with the code atm, I mean I just logged on and all of the BOO vendors are missing, patch obviously has a few kinks.

As far as the named weapons, I imagine that should be why they're named weapons because they're supposed to be desirable. But so far they've not done a good job of it at all. I honestly don't know what they're thinking. In other games, named weapons have unique attributes that makes them above regular weapons that you want to chase after. I thought I heard that Midas had a 4th talent but they considered it too OP or something I dunno.

The bold is exactly what I assumed was the point of them until I started seeing the actual talents lol. The current implementation seems like they're only desirable to undergeared people, I mean I wouldn't take that historian, which is a 204 weapon, over my 163 M1A. Now if GS was hidden this wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal but adding big numbers that are supposed to represent the items "level" or at least potential make it seem like it should be clearly better than a 163 weapon of the same type.

Also it's funny you mention the extra talent bit since all of the named pistols I've seen so far (Damascus and the new one, Centurion?) have 3 talents instead of 2. So the named pistols at least have some kind of perk to entice use, yet here I am looking to buy the 204 non named pistol with PxC instead because it has better talents lol.

5 hours of grinding DZ06 and doing Clear Sky and I haven't improved my stats in any way from all this loot that's been dropping.

Sure there's all this 204-240 loot dropping now but it's all awful rolls and completely useless for people who have worked hard on great builds.

I am very much a believer that if I can't make any progress in a chunk of 5 hours then there's no point in playing.

Ugh

^^^ dude you just got unlucky. In the same amount of time I got a 240 striker chest with 1540 armor and a 204 holster that helped me hit the armor cap. Keep grinding!

Also I loved Clear Sky. Setting was great and we beat it in 15 minutes!

^^^ dude you just got unlucky. In the same amount of time I got a 240 striker chest with 1540 armor and a 204 holster that helped me hit the armor cap. Keep grinding!

Also I loved Clear Sky. Setting was great and we beat it in 15 minutes!

I just don't appreciate my time not being respected by games. The Division has already done it too much.

I have a wife and kids and other shit to do. If I'm going to spend my whole night after my kids go to bed on a game like this I expect something in return.

Massive still doesn't respect people's time and I'm sick of it. What a waste of a night.

Wolfe

@Cityhunter: I just double checked and after being logged out for 5 or 6 hours the HVT mission I paid for but couldn't beat at the time is still "available" to accept in the menu and I don't have to pay for it again.

Top Bottom