• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I take my words back, the daily HVT's are worth running simply because you can make most of your intel back from the kills + chance at getting 214 gear sets.

Also, looking for 1 to farm CS incursion on PS4. No GS requirement.

theWB27

I take my words back, the daily HVT's are worth running simply because you can make most of your intel back from the kills + chance at getting 214 gear sets.

I bet they're gonna patch that somehow too. It's too good right now. I got 3 gear pieces and one high end off of the 3 boss run. Gained Intel since someone else in my group used theirs.

spyder_ur

You lied to me.

Is there matchmaking for the HVT missions?

Dave1988

I'm up for it if you're still looking.

Yeah, I'm at 215K DPS, 423K Toughness (75% Armor Mitigation), and 9K Skill. I was just messing around in the new Incursion last night and, my god, can I now take a beating, wow. This build is also using a Reckless chest piece. It seriously felt like I was playing a different game. Toughness is the real deal.

Edit: Should I grind PC and get the Historian?

Please help me, how do I get those stats? I've been stuck with <200k DPS, 80K Health (270k Toughness) and 9k Electronics for agessss now. Nothing seems to improve my stats :(

Please help me, how do I get those stats? I've been stuck with <200k DPS, 80K Health (270k Toughness) and 9k Electronics for agessss now. Nothing seems to improve my stats :(

You could purchase the Spec-ops Body Armor at the BoO Special Equipment vendor. It has Reckless as it's Talent, a 1512 armor rating, and +615 Stamina rating. That's where I would start but it is a hefty 546 PC. Then recalibrate the Health on Kill or Protection from Elites attribute to a mod slot. Which leads me to mod slots, try to get as many as possible and use Stamina/Armor or Stamina/Skill Power mods in said slots. I'm currently using three Sentry's pieces for the extra Headshot and Elite damage. Outside of that look for high armor gear, +ammo capacity gear, +critical hit chance, +critical hit damage, and just be smart about recalibration and give it a lot of thought before making a decision. The BoO vendor is usually selling something worthwhile each week that you may have to recalibrate but will improve an important stat by a large amount.

This is all without knowing what play-style you are looking for. Run tons of CM missions and HVT, etc.

This UI bug breaks the game and is such a pain to log in and out and hope RNG gives you a fine UI when join the friends you had to leave.

A friend of mine had his primary AUG get deleted due to the latency and fuckery of this glitch.

Ffs Massive. This is a new low.

You could purchase the Spec-ops Body Armor at the BoO Special Equipment vendor. It has Reckless as it's Talent, a 1512 armor rating, and +615 Stamina rating. That's where I would start but it is a hefty 546 PC. Then recalibrate the Health on Kill or Protection from Elites attribute to a mod slot. Which leads me to mod slots, try to get as many as possible and use Stamina/Armor or Stamina/Skill Power mods in said slots. I'm currently using three Sentry's pieces for the extra Headshot and Elite damage. Outside of that look for high armor gear, +ammo capacity gear, +critical hit chance, +critical hit damage, and just be smart about recalibration and give it a lot of thought before making a decision. The BoO vendor is usually selling something worthwhile each week that you may have to recalibrate but will improve an important stat by a large amount.

This is all without knowing what play-style you are looking for. Run tons of CM missions and HVT, etc.

I'm mostly looking for a good Toughness + DPS build. Toughness being the first priority. Thank you for the information, I'll give it a look! I honestly never bought anything from the Special Equipment Vendor at the BoO. Haha

GazzaGSi

I noticed on some of the HVT runs I started running low on ammo towards the end (high rewards HVT) due to the amount of enemies.

I'm not sure if it's common knowledge or not but before a restock equip 2 Lone Star gear set items for 100% ammo capacity, restock, then equip the gear you want to use. You'll still have the additional ammo. I've been doing this for most missions with 1 item that had 48% ammo capacity in the attributes so tried it with 2 Lone Star items for 100% and it worked fine after reverting back to the gear I wanted to use. When you need to restock again just equip the 2 items for 100% and then back to your running gear.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
For anyone experiencing the double UI bug on PC, there's a temporary fix:

Make sure uplay is closed, and then delete everything in your X:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Cache folder. Then, relaunch uplay (and run as administrator). If you want to join a friend's party DO NOT DO IT IN GAME, hit join party from the uplay client.

I bet they're gonna patch that somehow too. It's too good right now. I got 3 gear pieces and one high end off of the 3 boss run. Gained Intel since someone else in my group used theirs.

I mean you only get the lone star set from it though, right?

So it sounds like the patch fixes some of the loot problems but has made the DZ even worse for solo and doesn't really fix the PvP issues?

I'll hop back on this weekend but I haven't played in weeks. It has given me a chance to fall back on love with Siege, though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I haven't kept any gear sets or drops yet. Made nearly 2 million from selling them. All I want is some 240 Striker holster and backpack.

All the guns have been pistols and shotguns. No decent mods either just level 30 performance.

Finally had some luck tonight and made some amazing upgrades. Thank fuck.

200/430/15 with 75% mitigation and kept my critical hit chance/headshot damage/critical hit damage stats where I wanted them.

My Gear Score dropped from 218 to 211 doing this but I'm a fucking monster now.

EL CUCO

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, didn't Massive say the Incursion rewards wouldn't be on a weekly lockout? I thought they said the only lockout is the inital double loot for completing the first time, so I assumed we'd still be getting a mission reward and loot drop for each run.

Klyka

Banned
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, didn't Massive say the Incursion rewards wouldn't be on a weekly lockout? I thought they said the only lockout is the inital double loot for completing the first time, so I assumed we'd still be getting a mission reward and loot drop for each run.

You do,yeah.

No, the weekly reward is only once a week. You can farm the boss drop multiple times.

Finally had some luck tonight and made some amazing upgrades. Thank fuck.

200/430/15 with 75% mitigation and kept my critical hit chance/headshot damage/critical hit damage stats where I wanted them.

My Gear Score dropped from 218 to 211 doing this but I'm a fucking monster now.
How are you guys doing this? I'm at 220/180/10 and rarely making gains with gear drops. Running a 3/2 Striker/sentry mix. Is challenging incursion and DZ06 the answer? Or being less committed to striker/sentry split?

How are you guys doing this? I'm at 220/180/10 and rarely making gains with gear drops. Running a 3/2 Striker/sentry mix. Is challenging incursion and DZ06 the answer? Or being less committed to striker/sentry split?

I've just been running a DZ06 route from a Cleaner Boss to The Pit and back and forth for hours.

I need to get my Firearms up to activate some talents on my weapons that I had unlocked before but it's about 300 away so I'm sure I'll make that up soon.

Really happy about hitting the mitigation cap. Gear Score is such a joke. I can get to 222 but have much worse stats. Silly game.

I'm having a hell of a time unlocking HVT for my alt :(

I think one of the missions is the "go to this place" and "you did all the missions go to the next place"

meaning if I want to unlock Murray Hill I have to do every mission in every zone before murray hill? :T

Wolfe

How do you get Intel?

Safe house map board missions, any safe house. If you look at the map one out of all the SHs should have a light blue ring around it, the missions there will give you a few extra intel. After doing those a new safe house should have a blue ring so you can repeat.

Jerbs

I'm having a hell of a time unlocking HVT for my alt :(

I think one of the missions is the "go to this place" and "you did all the missions go to the next place"

meaning if I want to unlock Murray Hill I have to do every mission in every zone before murray hill? :T

The zone has to be cleared before Intel shows up.

SirNinja

Yikes.

I just booted this game up again for the first time since beating the campaign in v1.0. Apparently I now have a "gear score" of 126 (and everyone else is 200+, naturally). Enemies seem to be even bullet-spongier than before, and level 31s all drop gear around the 100 range.

Guess I should have been playing this 24/7 like everyone else apparently has. :/

I'm guessing the best stuff is in the Incursions, but I can't even do them yet because my Light lev- err, gear score - is too low. So, what can I do? More Dark Zone? Grind for whatever Phoenix Credits I can feasibly earn?

Wolfe

Yikes.

I just booted this game up again for the first time since beating the campaign in v1.0. Apparently I now have a "gear score" of 126 (and everyone else is 200+, naturally). Enemies seem to be even bullet-spongier than before, and level 31s all drop gear around the 100 range.

Guess I should have been playing this 24/7 like everyone else apparently has. :/

I'm guessing the best stuff is in the Incursions, but I can't even do them yet because my Light lev- err, gear score - is too low. So, what can I do? More Dark Zone? Grind for whatever Phoenix Credits I can feasibly earn?

Hard missions will still drop GS 163 items from named bosses which would likely help out in your current situation.

Totally forgot that the Conflict update is live today.

What's the general consensus so far? Worth coming back for a generally pve player like me? How's the exploits?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Had a great farming run in the DZ today, lots of solid loot. I need a predator's or sentry's backpack so badly, but just haven't managed to nab one. Will be able to complete my 4 predator/2 sentry build the second I get one of those two.

Really really don't feel like chain running incursions though... anyone know if those backpacks can drop in the DZ? Have never seen them from party mates or the like, just chests, gloves, and masks. Backpacks seem to be the rarest (for me personally maybe) even in the incursions.

Still hunting for a decent 204 assault rifle with brutal/deadly + accurate or stable (or fierce but has to be the 3rd talent).

kriskrosbbk

Had a great farming run in the DZ today, lots of solid loot. I need a predator's or sentry's backpack so badly, but just haven't managed to nab one. Will be able to complete my 4 predator/2 sentry build the second I get one of those two.

Really really don't feel like chain running incursions though... anyone know if those backpacks can drop in the DZ? Have never seen them from party mates or the like, just chests, gloves, and masks. Backpacks seem to be the rarest (for me personally maybe) even in the incursions.

Still hunting for a decent 204 assault rifle with brutal/deadly + accurate or stable (or fierce but has to be the 3rd talent).

This morning I got a 240 Hunter's backpack from DZ green cache.

deadduck

I'm not sure if it's common knowledge or not but before a restock equip 2 Lone Star gear set items for 100% ammo capacity, restock, then equip the gear you want to use. You'll still have the additional ammo. I've been doing this for most missions with 1 item that had 48% ammo capacity in the attributes so tried it with 2 Lone Star items for 100% and it worked fine after reverting back to the gear I wanted to use. When you need to restock again just equip the 2 items for 100% and then back to your running gear.

The police bag from the BOO adds something like 75%, I don't have lonestar, so this is my current goto. Medic bag adds allows 7 medkits too.

Does anyone want to do the weekly 30 or 40 intel HVT once the servers are back up? I'll pay the intel, just need to join my game. Should only take 15 mins max :)

PSN is same as my GAF name

The APC in Clear skies is broken as well, on a run earlier today it went crazy and kept on firing every 4-5 seconds. If that happens on CM players will get pissed off.

Soo, for the first clear of the week you get 1 Mission Reward and 2 boss drops, then every clear after that is just 1 boss drop?

Yeah but boss drop is 214 gear set + 204 weapon and chance at 182/204 or 214/240.

You can farm the boss indefinitely.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The APC in Clear skies is broken as well, on a run earlier today it went crazy and kept on firing every 4-5 seconds. If that happens on CM players will get pissed off.

Yup this happened on our second run. On the first we did it quick without knowing what to really do and none of us died. Second run the APC kept shooting non-stop and made the task so much harder that we wiped and had to restart at the checkpoint.

Yup this happened on our second run. On the first we did it quick without knowing what to really do and none of us died. Second run the APC kept shooting non-stop and made the task so much harder that we wiped and had to restart at the checkpoint.

Same. One player died and no one could revive him because the APC kept on hammering the spot non-stop. Even with survival link, the damage from the mortar would cancel the revive animation. Push-back is one thing, but to cancel the revive animation altogether, shit was unplayable. Had to wipe and restart.

Tried playing defensively to see what could be a good spot to set up for when CM comes out - there is none afaik. If the APC keeps on hammering like that and enemies respawn indefinitely, CM may be a massive pita. At least in Falcon Lost, the bomb waves respawn on a timer, but in Clear Skies they just respawn as soon as you kill a few mobs.

Does anyone want to do the weekly 30 or 40 intel HVT once the servers are back up? I'll pay the intel, just need to join my game. Should only take 15 mins max :)

PSN is same as my GAF name

giphy.gif

Top Bottom