• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Totally forgot that the Conflict update is live today.

What's the general consensus so far? Worth coming back for a generally pve player like me? How's the exploits?

PvE thus far has been an improvement. With daily and weekly HVT missions, they given us a reason to run thru the map again. Gear drop wise it's pretty good upgrade from before. I even got one of the new gear sets drop from a daily HVT that's got a 204 score. So far seems pretty good.

Remember everyone! Gear Score doesn't mean shit

I was 218 before the patch and post-patch I am 211. I can get to 222 but then all my stats would suck.

At 211 now with all my post-patch loot and I am at 200k DPS, 431k Toughness and 15k Skill Power, with full 75% mitigation and my critical hit damage/chance and headshot damage stats are extremely high.

The only things I want to try and increase are my Firearms/DPS a bit more (to activate weapon talents) and get a 3:3 Striker/Sentry build as I am just able to use 3 Striker right now (was 3:3 before patch). Along with some exotic damage resilience.

Otherwise I'm all set for everything this patch can throw at me and for the next expansion.
Since I'm a PS4 player I have until July (due to the 1 month exclusivity to Xbox One) to get ready for the next expansion so I have all the time in the world to perfect this build which is already top in class.

Feeling good!

Does anyone know the exact armour number to get to 75%. I just want to know what my wiggle room is if I have to sacrifice a bit of armor since I could very well be over the cap and overdoing it.

Iceman829

Patch Notes

Fixed an issue preventing Daily Missions from appearing in the game

I always get a feeling of déjà vu reading the patch notes. I'm sure you'll fix the daily missions issue one day massive.

EL CUCO

Yannick on SOTG said they have a fix for the UI glitch in place. It needs a client side patch should be up on PC/PS4 by the end of this week with Xbox to follow.

bosseye

Hmmmm, I'm a little bit sour on the HVT stuff - friend and I did a bit of grinding to get the required intel credits to do the top level weekly one, just to try. Spent my mates credits to activate it, went on in and found it almost impossible. The time limit felt too harsh, the sheer amount of enemies coming at you and the insane damage they seem to do (seems to be far more than usual), so we of course died......and of course the target zone is now closed off, so we had to spend my credits to reopen the same HVT, died again right at the end and now of course we have no credits to retry so would have to go back to grinding.

It just seemed overly harsh to not be able to try again once you've activated a HVT. I get a bit grumpy when I sink time into these types of games and come out with nothing.

DZ seems improved a bit though, generally better drops, although I did still get a lot of 163 rubbish. Got a new gear holster though, which was good.

kriskrosbbk

Remember everyone! Gear Score doesn't mean shit

I was 218 before the patch and post-patch I am 211. I can get to 222 but then all my stats would suck.

At 211 now with all my post-patch loot and I am at 200k DPS, 431k Toughness and 15k Skill Power, with full 75% mitigation and my critical hit damage/chance and headshot damage stats are extremely high.

The only things I want to try and increase are my Firearms/DPS a bit more (to activate weapon talents) and get a 3:3 Striker/Sentry build as I am just able to use 3 Striker right now (was 3:3 before patch). Along with some exotic damage resilience.

Otherwise I'm all set for everything this patch can throw at me and for the next expansion.
Since I'm a PS4 player I have until July (due to the 1 month exclusivity to Xbox One) to get ready for the next expansion so I have all the time in the world to perfect this build which is already top in class.

Feeling good!

Does anyone know the exact armour number to get to 75%. I just want to know what my wiggle room is if I have to sacrifice a bit of armor since I could very well be over the cap and overdoing it.

Are you using stamina mods with armor by using the stamina blueprints sold in DZ4?

Wolfe

It just seemed overly harsh to not be able to try again once you've activated a HVT. I get a bit grumpy when I sink time into these types of games and come out with nothing.

That's exactly how it's worked for me though so far, every HVT I pay for and fail I've still been able to retry without repaying the intel fee again.

Even right now I still have the 2nd weekly HVT listed as "available" and I've been able to retry it indefinitely since the weekly ones haven't reset yet.

Tawpgun

Seems the loot 1.2 consensus depends on players progression. I saw some posts here about being in the dz for hours without getting anything to hold on to.

I believe those are the people who already got optimal gear in 1.1.

Meanwhile I was in the dz for an hour and got a good backpack and a 214 holster and extracting it was incredibly tense.

TsuWave

my only complaint is that most of the bonuses on the new sets are really underwhelming. its kinda telling when the go to build now is essentially 5 pieces of the old gear sets (2 sentry/3 striker) + savage gloves

Are you using stamina mods with armor by using the stamina blueprints sold in DZ4?

I just had tons of Firearms and Stamina mods with Armor. I had a godly chest piece drop with 1700 armor and another +466 and two mod slots plus other great stats. That piece alone gives over half my armor mitigation it's nuts.

The crazy part of my build is that my holster is missing electronics Hahahaha!

So I could have my skill even higher if I can get one with electronics and high armor. It's the worst part of my build.

deadduck

They might as well play a recording of Yannick saying "we will be fixing an issue with the daily missions" for each SOTG.

The game is soooooo much better now, the DZ is alot of fun now, buts it's disappointing that it has taken a month to release a client patch and not break their scheduling for such important fixes (sentry 'debuff' and sentry op). Most did not need 1.2 to fix it.

It bores me people blaming consoles for this, Bungie will quite happily knock out an urgent fix in a week and have a client patch.

spyder_ur

They might as well play a recording of Yannick saying "we will be fixing an issue with the daily missions" for each SOTG.

The game is soooooo much better now, the DZ is alot of fun now, buts it's disappointing that it has taken a month to release a client patch and not break their scheduling for such important fixes (sentry 'debuff' and sentry op). Most did not need 1.2 to fix it.

It bores me people blaming consoles for this, Bungie will quite happily knock out an urgent fix in a week and have a client patch.

Wait, the stuff with the daily missions not appearing is still going on? I stopped playing for a few weeks and hopping back in lightly with this patch.

Yeah, Bungie just did this with the Clown Cartridge glitch getting fixed in time for them to push out IB.

theWB27

Quite frankly my DPS is broken. 3 sentry. Two lonestar and a striker. 4 pieces are 240 and the other two are 214. 204 tactical aug and my DPS tops at 142k.

There's just no way I should be that far away from some of the other builds I see.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Hmmmm, I'm a little bit sour on the HVT stuff - friend and I did a bit of grinding to get the required intel credits to do the top level weekly one, just to try. Spent my mates credits to activate it, went on in and found it almost impossible. The time limit felt too harsh, the sheer amount of enemies coming at you and the insane damage they seem to do (seems to be far more than usual), so we of course died......and of course the target zone is now closed off, so we had to spend my credits to reopen the same HVT, died again right at the end and now of course we have no credits to retry so would have to go back to grinding.

DZ seems improved a bit though, generally better drops, although I did still get a lot of 163 rubbish. Got a new gear holster though, which was good.

Huh? You don't have to spend intel to open the same HVT. You just keep going back to the HVT officer and reselect the target. One you buy it, it doesn't go away no matter how many times you die.

Quite frankly my DPS is broken. 3 sentry. Two lonestar and a striker. 4 pieces are 240 and the other two are 214. 204 tactical aug and my DPS tops at 142k.

There's just no way I should be that far away from some of the other builds I see.

Geez dude don't look at the in-game sheet dps, it's broken and means nothing.

Most people with 250+ dps are stacking accuracy mods on their smg's to boost the dps, it's not actual dps and doesn't matter.

Running Clear Skies incursion, spot for one.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

I feel like they somehow switched the old shotgun damage to fire and gas damage. They wreak me.

Shotgun and sniper lvl 34 nerf is barely noticeable.

Fire damage on the other hand is exotic damage, so your armor mitigation is meaningless against it.

edukate

Running Clear Skies incursion, spot for one.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Shotgun and sniper lvl 34 nerf is barely noticeable.

Fire damage on the other hand is exotic damage, so your armor mitigation is meaningless against it.

Still got room?

Psn LuckyDoobage

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

HVT stuff is definitely made for 3-4 person groups (but there is no matchmaking), or duos who are high-level already. You could do the search and destroy missions to grind for phoenix credits, I guess.

Huh? You don't have to spend intel to open the same HVT. You just keep going back to the HVT officer and reselect the target. One you buy it, it doesn't go away no matter how many times you die.

I'm gonna have to try this again as I failed the 40 HVT and the option at base wasn't there to restart.

Thanks for this! I am at 5385 so I don't have any wiggle room.

Really happy with my build tho, and may not even bother with working on Exotic Damage Resiliance if even at 50% fire still melts you in a heartbeat.

I've played with groups from 2-4 of us and melting the 34 Elites in DZ06 isn't a difficult task with my current and their DPS, so I am not too worried there.

Seems like the Cleaners are the new shotgunners but at least they aren't as cheap.

thenameDS

Have not played in almost 2 months but I now have 5 days to kill and nothing else to play. I see there's two incursions now and my gear score is 171 (not sure if that's good or bad). I'm level 37 in DZ, 503 Phoenix credits.

What should I be doing to farm items and generally catch up to whatever is new?

Have not played in almost 2 months but I now have 5 days to kill and nothing else to play. I see there's two incursions now and my gear score is 171 (not sure if that's good or bad). I'm level 37 in DZ, 503 Phoenix credits.

Spend an afternoon focusing on the new High Value Targets (clear a district of side missions to unlock them) then spend the intel points you earn on a contract for a daily/weekly HVT. You can get some REALLY good gear this way.

Do you have people to play with?

If you do the best bet is to run through DZ01-DZ04 with friends to work up your stats (what are they currently?) as drops are very generous.

GazzaGSi

Taken from Reddit , some options if you want to include the new sets in your build.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4l3p8l/looking_for_builds_look_no_further/

Thanks, I'm showered in new gear and some has better armour than my current gear but haven't been blown away by the talents on the new stuff to want to equip it.

That's exactly how it's worked for me though so far, every HVT I pay for and fail I've still been able to retry without repaying the intel fee again.

Even right now I still have the 2nd weekly HVT listed as "available" and I've been able to retry it indefinitely since the weekly ones haven't reset yet.

On mine, Daily HVT'S are available again if I died or didn't get to the boss in time. Weekly HVT'S are a one shot all or nothing and I have to pay again if I fail.

thenameDS

Spend an afternoon focusing on the new High Value Targets (clear a district of side missions to unlock them) then spend the intel points you earn on a contract for a daily/weekly HVT. You can get some REALLY good gear this way.
Thanks will be going through this tonight then.
Do you have people to play with?

If you do the best bet is to run through DZ01-DZ04 with friends to work up your stats (what are they currently?) as drops are very generous.
My regular buddies stopped playing this a while ago.
111k dps, 169k toughness & 12k skill

Thanks will be going through this tonight then.

My regular buddies stopped playing this a while ago.
111k dps, 169k toughness & 12k skill

The High Value Targets (HVT) NEED A GROUP, don't even try them alone with those stats as people with high end stats like mine have trouble being able to solo them at all.

So try and group up to do those HVT targets.

Honestly, the HVT missions are too much work to gather the intel to get access to the Weekly ones that drop anything worthwhile.

GazzaGSi

Honestly, the HVT missions are too much work to gather the intel to get access to the Weekly ones that drop anything worthwhile.

I've had plenty of gear set items from just doing the daily HVT'S (even from the 5 token HVT'S).

Do agree the later ones need a group. I managed once to clear a 25 token weekly HVT but alot of luck was involved!

I've had plenty of gear set items from just doing the daily HVT'S (even from the 5 token HVT'S).

Do agree the later ones need a group. I managed once to clear a 25 token weekly HVT but alot of luck was involved!
Yeah, I got so close to beating that guy that gives the gear set gloves...pretty sure I was on the last wave, only a few enemies left, with medkits, survival link etc. ready, but I just couldn't get it done in terms of the timer!

GazzaGSi

Can you get set pieces other than Lone Star from daily HVT's? Like sentry/predator?

I haven't seen anything from the first batch of gear sets in the HVT'S but have had some pieces of the other sets.

Yeah, I got so close to beating that guy that gives the gear set gloves...pretty sure I was on the last wave, only a few enemies left, with medkits, survival link etc. ready, but I just couldn't get it done in terms of the timer!

Damn unlucky. At least when the boss has spawned the timer is over then you can just take your time picking the rest off. I remember being down to acouple of minutes and the last wave spawned before the boss, I pulsed and saw so many enemies coming my way I new it was game over.

For anyone looking for gear sets and aren't really keen on the token farm for HVT'S, I have had a dozen or so drop from farming Lexington, sometimes even 2 gear set items and 1 HE (other times just 3 HE) from Larae Barrett.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I had a Flash Hider with Accuracy and Hipfire Accuracy. Woke up this morning and its somehow Accuracy and Crit Hit Damage. I just made like 50 from the blueprint and didn't get one with Hipfire Accuracy.

Asked a friend who also had the same mod now he has the Crit Hit Damage instead of Hipfire Accuracy. Glitch or intentional?

Top Bottom