• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

I've gotten so spoiled by Destructive. Any weapon without it feels so weak now :(

reason i keep going back to my navy Mp5, wonder what theyre waiting for to release a 204 mp5 bp

Dropped my Aug for my old MP5 today that has destructive as I fancied a change and can't believe I dropped it in the first place. Have a nice 64 bullet mag for it too :)

Edited:

Just reading the bugs list that ubi are aware of since 1.2 went live and they've posted one which you guys may find beneficial for the time being before the hotfix/patch it.

You can farm the elites in the daily HVT missions.
When you reach the boss kill him, claim the loot and leave the mission area with enemies alive. The HVT mission will fail and be available again from the BoO, repeat the steps to farm the elite loot.
Any genuine failed attempts on the daily HVT'S I haven't had to pay again when attempting the mission again so it could be a good quick place to farm some loot without having to redo the SnD missions for the intel.

Just went into Clear Sky with a random group and we wiped during the first part which almost caused me to quit and move onto another group. So, an hour later and 5 completed Clear Sky runs in the bag.

Now to sort through this mess of loot...

Can't play the Incursion. Tried 6 random groups, keep getting teleported to the start.

That happens when the group has already started the mission, someone died and gave up and another person (you) join in his place. The group that starts the mission has to finish it. So yeah if you want to play it be the host, it's the best way to do it.

Dropped my Aug for my old MP5 today that has destructive as I fancied a change and can't believe I dropped it in the first place. Have a nice 64 bullet mag for it too :)

Edited:

Just reading the bugs list that ubi are aware of since 1.2 went live and they've posted one which you guys may find beneficial for the time being before the hotfix/patch it.

You can farm the elites in the daily HVT missions.
When you reach the boss kill him, claim the loot and leave the mission area with enemies alive. The HVT mission will fail and be available again from the BoO, repeat the steps to farm the elite loot.
Any genuine failed attempts on the daily HVT'S I haven't had to pay again when attempting the mission again so it could be a good quick place to farm some loot without having to redo the SnD missions for the intel.

OH. OHHHH

So that's the exploit another fellow gaffer said he found earlier...

Edit: arghh... double post. Sorry :(

That happens when the group has already started the mission, someone died and gave up and another person (you) join in his place. The group that starts the mission has to finish it. So yeah if you want to play it be the host, it's the best way to do it.

I tried hosting a match by stepping in and turning my matchmaking to open, and the people that joined kept getting kicked too. I'll try it one more time, if it doesn't work I'll just have to pass on the Incursion until they drop a fix.

EDIT: yup doesn't work.

Any vendors selling/bosses known to drop Sentry's Call gloves somewhat frequently? Trying to keep my 3/2 striker/sentry mix going while equipping a really high powered Lone Star vest. Just don't wanna give up my Gear Set bonus to do so...

I tried hosting a match by stepping in and turning my matchmaking to open, and the people that joined kept getting kicked too. I'll try it one more time, if it doesn't work I'll just have to pass on the Incursion until they drop a fix.

Well yeah, if you tried before and it got fked up it won't work at all. You'll have to get to a safe house and then back. Host a game, matchmake and only then enter the playable area :)

Well yeah, if you tried before and it got fked up it won't work at all. You'll have to get to a safe house and then back. Host a game, matchmake and only then enter the playable area :)

Yeaaaah. I appreciate the help you gave me, but that's just way too much work to pick up 3 randoms to play with. QA game was not strong enough in this update.

Yeaaaah. I appreciate the help you gave me, but that's just way too much work to pick up 3 randoms to play with. QA game was not strong enough in this update.

Removing yourself from the group and then matchmaking again should fix the issue. If this happens with a group you want to play with you will have to create a party, invite group to party, have everyone leave the in-game group, and then invite party to game (these are directions for Xbox One, use the corresponding options for PS4/PC).

I've been using a 175K DPS, 475K Toughness (75% Armor Mitigation), and 15K Skill build today and have not had more fun in the game to date. I can get so up close & personal with these mofos I might even consider a shotgun. Using an aggressive play-style to say the least.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I still dunno how people are hitting like 380k toughness, that's so fkn cray. I'm nearly armor capped and have like 2700 stamina and I'm at 230k o_O.

GazzaGSi

OH. OHHHH

So that's the exploit another fellow gaffer said he found earlier...

Edit: arghh... double post. Sorry :(

I'm surprised ubi listed it on their known bugs as it wasn't that widespread. I'll certainly be trying it later.

Any vendors selling/bosses known to drop Sentry's Call gloves somewhat frequently? Trying to keep my 3/2 striker/sentry mix going while equipping a really high powered Lone Star vest. Just don't wanna give up my Gear Set bonus to do so...

I know afew guys who got them from the flame guys in the Subway under the refueling station.

Mp7 first guys.

Will have to give that a try. Haven't even equipped one yet

ARRGH I dont have enough bullets to solo hardest daily HVT!! Died at the boss running around like a chicken lol

I had the same problem. Have a 3rd (and 4th to be safe) weapon in your inventory that's a different class to your primary and secondary and when ammo is empty, switch it out. I carry a sub machine gun and rifle as the primary/secondary and a assault rifle in my inventory if ammo runs out during a fire fight.

vivftp

Damn, I didn't notice that Reckless chest piece for sale at the BoO. Bought it and it managed to raise my PDPS from 220k to 254k and my Toughness from 180k to 246k. I figure the 10% Protection from Elites option on it pretty much cancels out the 10% Reckless incoming damage option.

Just gotta work on getting my skill power up. For the past couple of weeks it was hovering around 7-9k, but with my latest build it's down to 5.3k

I still dunno how people are hitting like 380k toughness, that's so fkn cray. I'm nearly armor capped and have like 2700 stamina and I'm at 230k o_O.

I could get up to 362k Toughness, but for me it would mean bumping my PDPS down to 203k. The biggest item I have that makes a difference is a HE backpack. It's got +396 Armor and +710 Stamina. Just putting that on adds an extra 120k Toughness over my current build. I'm hoping to eventually get a gear set piece with similar or better specs.

vivftp

I've gotten so spoiled by Destructive. Any weapon without it feels so weak now :(

Just moved away from my 204 Tactical AUG A3P with Self-Preserved, Stable and Ferocious to one with Destructive, Deadly and Unforgiving that I crafted. I'm quite pleased with the faster rate I melt enemy armor. I was a bit hesitant to give up the Self-Preserved perk, but I also got my Health on Kill up to 23% from 11% tonight, so I'm not missing it so much.

Anyways, just to reiterate from my post above, I suggest taking a look at the HE Reckless chest armor available at the BoO. I'm running it with 2 Sentry and 3 Striker pieces, and am absolutely loving it. It's only available for another 18 hours or so.

elithrar

Picked this up at the start of the week and wanted to share my perspective as a player coming into the game a couple of months in. Currently level 9 and mixing side quests & story missions equally.

* Right now it's very single player. This is OK, but there's no element of running into other players out on the streets. Having played Destiny & MMORPGs like Guild Wars 2, I miss a bit of that "public group" element.
* Gunplay is good, and getting a solid Marksman rifle early on helps.
* Definitely go for self-heals early on/when alone.
* I like the weapon mod system.
* Story is OK: I wasn't expecting a whole lot here.
* UI is functional and doesn't get in my way.

I'm hoping DZ01 at level 12-14 opens up some opportunity for group play. The matchmaking system is a little invisible: I don't feel like I'm being guided into playing with others at all.

vivftp

Picked this up at the start of the week and wanted to share my perspective as a player coming into the game a couple of months in. Currently level 9 and mixing side quests & story missions equally.

Welcome!

* Right now it's very single player. This is OK, but there's no element of running into other players out on the streets. Having played Destiny & MMORPGs like Guild Wars 2, I miss a bit of that "public group" element.

I also came from Destiny into this, and yeah it felt really lonely at the beginning for me as well. My friends had a much higher level than I did, so any activities I tried to do with them, I would get one-shotted.

If you do want to team up with people, the Base of Operations and safe houses do have a laptop for matchmaking, and all story missions do have matchmaking to make things a bit easier.

The Dark Zone will give you more than your fill of running into other players on the streets, so that might be what you're after.

I'm hoping DZ01 at level 12-14 opens up some opportunity for group play. The matchmaking system is a little invisible: I don't feel like I'm being guided into playing with others at all.

You aren't guided towards playing with others at all. It's there if you want it though, of course. When you do go into the DZ you can matchmake by going to your map, selecting Matchaking at the bottom and select the DZ. I usually just do it while in a DZ checkpoint.

You need to matchmake beforehand and not step into the mission as the no respawn point is just inside the start.

It really needs to be moved to after the initial encounter.

Grady

Got reckless drop from dz yesterday. 1700 armour on it. 280,000 dps, 360,000 toughness, 75 mitigation, 13,000 skill. Unstoppable with my 3 240 striker and 2 sentry. 50 percent critical chance, 175 percent critical damage, 150 percent headshot damage. Melting people in new dz bracket.

EL CUCO

I had the same problem. Have a 3rd (and 4th to be safe) weapon in your inventory that's a different class to your primary and secondary and when ammo is empty, switch it out. I carry a sub machine gun and rifle as the primary/secondary and a assault rifle in my inventory if ammo runs out during a fire fight.
Thats a heck of a protip. I didnt know this. Thanks!

GazzaGSi

No problem. I realised it when in the shooting range testing various weapons out. If you're backup weapon is the same class as your primary/secondary though that will also be empty when you equip it if your ammo count is down zero.

Roaming dz atm and going to do some HVT soon if anyone's about.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No problem. I realised it when in the shooting range testing various weapons out. If you're backup weapon is the same class as your primary/secondary though that will also be empty when you equip it if your ammo count is down zero.

Roaming dz atm and going to do some HVT soon if anyone's about.
Each weapon class has its own ammo pool. So you could bring 1 of each class if you're worried about ammo.

But now with Lone Star, you're going to have about 1800 SMG/LMG rounds, which should be more than enough for most circumstances.

Mullah88

yup, gotta have an lmg, a shotgun and an assault rifle ready to go just incase you run out of ammo on either your primary or secondary, make sure theyre different class of weapons, if not youll only get the max mag capacity for the same weapon

EL CUCO

yup, gotta have an lmg, a shotgun and an assault rifle ready to go just incase you run out of ammo on either your primary or secondary, make sure theyre different class of weapons, if not youll only get the max mag capacity for the same weapon
Can you equip another weapon type, then switch back to the original weapon you had and keep your ammo reserve?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you equip another weapon type, then switch back to the original weapon you had and keep your ammo reserve?
The ammo reserve is whatever you have in your pouch. It's why you can "cheat" by equipping all your +ammo gear before restocking. But otherwise all weapons use the ammo for it's type. For example, if you equip 2 SMGs, they will draw from the same ammo reserve.

bjaelke

The Division @TheDivisionGame

We have just deployed a fix for the UI issue on PC. Make sure to restart your client. Xbox/PS4 fix coming next week.

Top Bottom