• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

FLAguy954

You could purchase the Spec-ops Body Armor at the BoO Special Equipment vendor. It has Reckless as it's Talent, a 1512 armor rating, and +615 Stamina rating. That's where I would start but it is a hefty 546 PC. Then recalibrate the Health on Kill or Protection from Elites attribute to a mod slot. Which leads me to mod slots, try to get as many as possible and use Stamina/Armor or Stamina/Skill Power mods in said slots. I'm currently using three Sentry's pieces for the extra Headshot and Elite damage. Outside of that look for high armor gear, +ammo capacity gear, +critical hit chance, +critical hit damage, and just be smart about recalibration and give it a lot of thought before making a decision. The BoO vendor is usually selling something worthwhile each week that you may have to recalibrate but will improve an important stat by a large amount.

This is all without knowing what play-style you are looking for. Run tons of CM missions and HVT, etc.

Lmao great minds think alike because I did the exact same thing. I'll post a screen of my stats soon.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone done the HVT boss kills then left the missions to redo them again? DZ has been complete shit for me and drops. Nearly every weapon drop has been the same shotgun or pistol and for gear its Nomad or Final Measure.

Edit: Now I can't do them, last night I had 4 available and this morning it says I've completed them all. Wonderful.. 6 days to wait.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Anyone done the HVT boss kills then left the missions to redo them again? DZ has been complete shit for me and drops. Nearly every weapon drop has been the same shotgun or pistol and for gear its Nomad or Final Measure.

I haven't. But I would like to team up on some HVT missions this evening. I am only GS 182 at the moment, but it seems like a good way to gear up.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
When do the weekly HVT targets reset? Tonight? Or when the Weekly Assignment and Incursions reset?

Last night unless it was glitched. Mine reset last night but now says I've completed them again this morning and the timer says 6 days and 2 hours.

I tried some runs now with a friend who could activate them and we didn't get no boss drop or reward at the end like a weapon skin.

Last night unless it was glitched. Mine reset last night but now says I've completed them again this morning and the timer says 6 days and 2 hours.

I tried some runs now with a friend who could activate them and we didn't get no boss drop or reward at the end like a weapon skin.

God damnit. I guess I missed out then. Really annoying that this game has like 4 resets it's fucking too much to always keep track of.

Incursions/Weekly Assignments - Monday's
DZ and BoO Vendors - Friday's
HVTs - Thursday's

Fuckkkkk

What other resets are there other than daily ones for assignments and some vendors?

Two of my weekly and daily HVt's did not reset because I had dome them yesterday.

They discussed this bug on the SotG yesterday but prioritized fixing the HVT farm instead. :(

Whizkid7

The HVTs have really rekindled my interest in playing. Yesterday I ran with a full group of randoms I met doing the daily challenging mission and we blew through all the weekly HVTs. Scored a 240 Lone Star chest that was a massive upgrade to my gear and a 214 Lone Star backpack that just needs a recal to work for me.

Before this I was basically stuck doing daily missions because DZ just wasn't fun for me and I was still running pretty much all starter HEs.

My group and I were in the 201+ DZ last night just looting some named bosses and extracting. We weren't really looking for trouble, but some group thought they could take us down easily or something and decided to attack.

Man, they didn't stand a chance - at all! Our GS were 190, 183, 193 and these guys were over 210. We took them down like a hot knife through butter. This just shows that GS means nothing when compared to gear that has been properly rolled and min/maxed.

They came after us a 3 more times, and each time they continued to lose. They finally got us when were in the middle of a huge fight with NPCs.

Unrelated, but the daily HVTs have been dropping decent gear set items. I was telling one of my friends that I've had better loot drops more frequently in one night of playing after 1.2 than I did during the entirety of last month. It's great.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu just died in the boss on the new incursion :(

During the Boss phase retreat to the perimeter of the starting area in-between the two entrances (Bus and Truck) into the circle. Avoid mortars and pick off enenies from there until the two heavies and the Boss get closer. Kill heavies and then stagger Survival Links while rushing and killing the Boss. Clean up the remaining enemies and grab your loot.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I so want an MP7, other night 3 people in my group got it but nothing for me. I wouldn't mind an MP5 but I think my AUG will still be better.

Edit: No point in myself doing the HVT, not even getting rewards from bosses or completions. Good job Massive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Felt so bad yesterday when I changed up my gear and lost all my +XP gear. Went from getting ~300 dz exp per mob to 170 lol. I'm up to level 67 now, but god does this grind take forever. Eight more to go...

k1t4j

Anyone on the X1 needs to do the weekly HVT? I am really hurting for a chest and this seems like a solid chance at one. How hard is it?

Yup looks like the PS4 patch for the double UI bug is delayed to next week despite being confirmed for this week during the State of the Game the other day. Ugh

Link to the Tweet everyone is posting:
https://twitter.com/hamishbode/status/736213575690227712?s=09

Jesus Christ, dont fucking release a god damn patch if ill just have to wait 10 days to fucking play the game again with friends. This is so aggravating. Fuck them, last time i buy a fucking red storm game at launch.

Anyone on the X1 needs to do the weekly HVT? I am really hurting for a chest and this seems like a solid chance at one. How hard is it?
Did the hardest weekly HVT last night with 4 players last night, mostly between 180-203 GS. Required very little coordination with a full group, just not being dumb. Did another weekly HVT with a group of 3 and also managed to get to the boss with about 3 minutes left on the timer. So I'd say, as long as you're a group of 3-4 and somewhat appropriately leveled, you'll be fine. Way easier than incursions.

GazzaGSi

Had a real good day today. Big thanks to those who ran in the group doing the HVT dailies/weeklies, Falcon Lost (wanted sentry/striker gear) and DZ.

Got plenty of 240 gear of various sets and after afew tweaks on the recal station with the new gear and swapping some mods around I'm now 230k DPS/3010 firearms (legit, no accuracy buffs), 360k toughness/2900 stamina, 75% mitigation. Skills/electronics aren't the best, around 12k/2k.

First time in a while when I've logged out feeling like I've achieved. I was running 240k dps with 250k toughness, 65% mitigation so at least I can see where my time has gone today and taking the hit of 10k dps for 100k+ toughness was so worth it.

Had a real good day today. Big thanks to those who ran in the group doing the HVT dailies/weeklies, Falcon Lost (wanted sentry/striker gear) and DZ.

Got plenty of 240 gear of various sets and after afew tweaks on the recal station with the new gear and swapping some mods around I'm now 230k DPS/3010 firearms (legit, no accuracy buffs), 360k toughness/2900 stamina, 75% mitigation. Skills/electronics aren't the best, around 12k/2k.

First time in a while when I've logged out feeling like I've achieved. I was running 230k dps with 250k toughness, 65% mitigation so at least I can see where my time has gone today.

GG's dude, was your first CM Incursion as well I believe? Congrats on the gear, we had a good run today. Everyone got at least 1 piece of gear that was a decent upgrade.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is there any website or source to see the list of DZ blueprints and the like? I know darkzoned.com used to be a good resource for this but looks like the guy just stopped updating it.

GazzaGSi

GG's dude, was your first CM Incursion as well I believe? Congrats on the gear, we had a good run today. Everyone got at least 1 piece of gear that was a decent upgrade.

Yep for Falcon Lost I'd only completed it on hard before so thanks again, really helps with guys knowing what's next in the waves. I haven't had chance to go through the dz gear we extracted yet and think there's acouple of decent bits amongst that lot too.

Bit of advice please, are the gear mod blueprints from the DZ worth buying? All my HE current mods are crafted from the BoO blueprints. Is there a big difference in stats? Thanks

Mullah88

If I've completed the weekly HVT, can I join someone that hasn't and still get the reward?

Edit: thx, Ruthless.

is the quickly HVT the one we ran? with a bunch of heavy cleaners on the roof top?

^^ get the power level 32 ones that can roll up to 162

Yep for Falcon Lost I'd only completed it on hard before so thanks again, really helps with guys knowing what's next in the waves. I haven't had chance to go through the dz gear we extracted yet and think there's acouple of decent bits amongst that lot too.

Bit of advice please, are the gear mod blueprints from the DZ worth buying? All my HE current mods are crafted from the BoO blueprints. Is there a big difference in stats? Thanks

If you're referring to the lvl 32 stamina/firearms/electronics mods, then yes. I personally only bought the stamina mod to roll +stamina and +armor / +skillpower.

The weapon attachment mods don't seem to be worth it as the chance of an upgrade over the lvl 31 mods is very low.

As for the weapon and armor BP's, you could buy 204 glove blueprints to roll Savage for pvp. Weapon BP's depends, the ones like the M1A, M44 and AUG are really good to have.

i'm enjoying the game more now but i can't convince my friends to get back on it :/

I am in the same boat, and I haven't been able to pull anyone from here to play either since the update hit.

Probably won't be playing for much longer if I can't get a regular group going again. I haven't done any weekly HVTs since I can't do them alone.

I am in the same boat, and I haven't been able to pull anyone from here to play either since the update hit.

Probably won't be playing for much longer if I can't get a regular group going again. I haven't done any weekly HVTs since I can't do them alone.

How to make sure your population doesnt come back to your game. Release patches that break the game and dont get fixed for over a week.

Classic ubisoft.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If you're referring to the lvl 32 stamina/firearms/electronics mods, then yes. I personally only bought the stamina mod to roll +stamina and +armor / +skillpower.

The weapon attachment mods don't seem to be worth it as the chance of an upgrade over the lvl 31 mods is very low.

As for the weapon and armor BP's, you could buy 204 glove blueprints to roll Savage for pvp. Weapon BP's depends, the ones like the M1A, M44 and AUG are really good to have.

Is there currently a 32 stamina gear mod hiding in one of the safehouses? I ran through each in a hurry and didn't spot one, saw there was a firearms though (but I want that stam).

GazzaGSi

Yes it's them mods I was referring to (firearms, stamina and electronics). I've never made the required level for the weapon blueprints unfortunately, I'm almost 70 now but noticed the 75 blueprints are now 80's.
I still roll the mp5 incase a decent roll drops as I got that BP when it's requirement dropped to 40 dz rank.

My current best stamina mod is 140 stamina, 135 armour. Are the lvl 32's much of an increase? I can still drop a firearms and armour mod as I've reached the cap so thinking of getting the electronics mod to build that up abit or the stamina mod for more health (currently 92k).

My current best stamina mod is 140 stamina, 135 armour. Are the lvl 32's much of an increase? I can still drop a firearms and armour mod as I've reached the cap so thinking of getting the electronics mod to build that up abit or the stamina mod for more health (currently 92k).

Yeah the lvl 32 mods can roll up to 162.

Though the range is 131-162, so be prepared to get a lot of 130-140 range rolls.

final measure defuse bonus should make you invulnerable to shock torrets as well

You can't even tank an incendiary nade with final measure 2 piece and 500k toughness, it's a joke really.

Top Bottom