• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

spyder_ur

But that doesn't mean you will be matched with people who are doing HVTs. There's no specific matchmaking for HVTs

I've been doing it a bunch today. It seems like almost everyone who is done with the game is using it for HVT - I can't really think of another reason you would matchmake for it so it kind of works out.

I'm GS 193 and getting placed in the 201+ bracket. What gives? I'm wearing my best stuff.

vivftp

I've been doing it a bunch today. It seems like almost everyone who is done with the game is using it for HVT - I can't really think of another reason you would matchmake for it so it kind of works out.

I'm GS 193 and getting placed in the 201+ bracket. What gives? I'm wearing my best stuff.

Is there anything in your stash that's higher GS than what you're wearing?

spyder_ur

Is there anything in your stash that's higher GS than what you're wearing?

Nah, there wasn't. It's a moot point now as I ran a few HVTs and would now be above that. I wonder if it's because I was playing with some higher GS players so when I left their group it kept the same instance or something. Who knows.

I still get put into the 201+ bracket even at 195 or something and with 0 items in my inventory/stash that would bring me up, so I assume they either reworked how it works or (more likely) is just another glitch.

I still get put into the 201+ bracket even at 195 or something and with 0 items in my inventory/stash that would bring me up, so I assume they either reworked how it works or (more likely) is just another glitch.

They said in the latest State Of The Game that "hidden GS" (the one that decides which DZ bracket you go into) works differently then "displayed GS". It only factors 1 weapon, the highest GS one. So for example I can equip a grey lvl 29 pistol and a green lvl 29 secondary weapon my GS would drop below 200, but I'll still be in the 200+ bracket because I have a 204 GS primary.

Jerbs

Tried out the DZ for the first time since the patch. With 5 seconds left a guy ran up on the rope. Downed him before he cut it. That was nice.

jamesdbc

Neo Member
Gear score isn't glitched. The 'hidden' score only accounts for your highest weapon. The displayed score accounts for the best weapon in each weapon slot, which, because gear pieces can go up to 240, but the highest score weapons are 204, will almost always bring your displayed score down lower than your actual 'hidden' score. It's not hard to average it out yourself.

fr0st

Banned
Gear score isn't glitched. The 'hidden' score only accounts for your highest weapon. The displayed score accounts for the best weapon in each weapon slot, which, because gear pieces can go up to 240, but the highest score weapons are 204, will almost always bring your displayed score down lower than your actual 'hidden' score. It's not hard to average it out yourself.
The one displayed isn't but the one they're using for DZ seems to be. Some are saying they have <201 in inventory and stash yet is placed in the 201+ bracket. Some also have the same issue but vice versa.

It's so hard finding a decent weapon, preferably SMG, for myself. On another note I got so much Lone Star gear it's ridiculous from these HVTs.

EL CUCO

Wanted to try my hand at Clear Sky with matchmaking. Nobody had a mic, which is ok for CS. But after 2 times of watching my teammates die the most basic of deaths, I gave up.

TsuWave

dunno why i can't get a drop like this on a mp5 or mp7; brutal, deadly, skilled:

tumblr_o7x8xppPqp1r6mcwfo1_1280.png

its fun to pop my super then clear a mob and have it back

They said in the latest State Of The Game that "hidden GS" (the one that decides which DZ bracket you go into) works differently then "displayed GS". It only factors 1 weapon, the highest GS one. So for example I can equip a grey lvl 29 pistol and a green lvl 29 secondary weapon my GS would drop below 200, but I'll still be in the 200+ bracket because I have a 204 GS primary.

Yeah, that doesn't solve my problem though. 195 is the absolute highest I can go. I have 3 main weapons and the two I mainly use are both 163 GS. I am at 193 with them equipped. If I move my 182 AK into primary or secondary, I go up to 195. So that is the absolute maximum I can go. So it's either a glitch or they are just putting people close to 201+ into 201+.

But I have read that people above 201 GS are being put into the lower DZ tier so yeah, it's just more quality Massive programming.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah, that doesn't solve my problem though. 195 is the absolute highest I can go. I have 3 main weapons and the two I mainly use are both 163 GS. I am at 193 with them equipped. If I move my 182 AK into primary or secondary, I go up to 195. So that is the absolute maximum I can go. So it's either a glitch or they are just putting people close to 201+ into 201+.

But I have read that people above 201 GS are being put into the lower DZ tier so yeah, it's just more quality Massive programming.

Yeah there's some weird shit going on, my buddy and I were both below 200 when the patch hit and we were put into 200+. My theory is that if you ever had the potential to be 200+ gear score, you can never drop below 200 again? Dunno if that's true though.

fr0st

Banned
dunno why i can't get a drop like this on a mp5 or mp7; brutal, deadly, skilled:

tumblr_o7x8xppPqp1r6mcwfo1_1280.png

its fun to pop my super then clear a mob and have it back
I got a police t821 with deadly brutal and destructive...but my 163 Aug is still better cause of the damage scaling thing...

deadduck

Wtf, I just got demolished by somebody with a 146 gear score and I am at 192? This game is so fucked,

Gearscore doesnt equal power, it's just potental gear quality.

Gearset and HE items have different ratings too, the number rating isn't linear.

The hidden gear score that determines what bracket you are is stupid imo.

It's a reaction by Massive to the asshats that abused the ability to lower GS and kill "Bambis" in lower DZ leaving them literally no chance. If Massive are using two ratings, they should show them both to make it clear.

------

On a separate note, I can't craft ANYTHING because the DZ gives out dtec like candy, but electronics and tools are impossible to find. If they could employ the economy designer for more than 1 day a month, they'll be great.

Yeah, I read that too. Now I think what you're experiencing is almost definitely a bug.
Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft...

I did the Weekly HVT last night, the 40 Intel point one. After completing and picking up loot I went to the inventory to check on my prizes to find four(!) 240 pieces of gear (Two holsters, a mask, and a chest piece). Three of them are definite keepers.

Edit: If you didn't know, Camp Hudson is the unofficial-official place to matchmake (Free Roam) for HVT until /if it is officially put into the game. Worked like a charm on the first go with all high GS folk. Using "free roam" matchmaking out in the wild and trying to do HVT was a complete failure as I kept getting matchmade with extremely low level players.

I got a police t821 with deadly brutal and destructive...but my 163 Aug is still better cause of the damage scaling thing...

Firearms stat doesn't scale well after a point. I'm at 2900 and my 204 AUG with 11k dpb has the same dps as my 182 MP5 with 9k dpb.

Honestly, even if you have a dps build, getting firearms over 2600-2800 is a waste. You're just gimping your build. Better off rolling stamina and/or electronics.

theWB27

Gearscore doesnt equal power, it's just potental gear quality.

Gearset and HE items have different ratings too, the number rating isn't linear.

It's a reaction by Massive to the asshats that abused the ability to lower GS and kill "Bambis" in lower DZ leaving them literally no chance. If Massive are using two ratings, they should show them both to make it clear.

------

On a separate note, I can't craft ANYTHING because the DZ gives out dtec like candy, but electronics and tools are impossible to find. If they could employ the economy designer for more than 1 day a month, they'll be great.

That's on purpose. They don't want crafting to be a major part of getting weapons. Hence why they've made drops better while making crafting so much harder.

I did the Weekly HVT last night, the 40 Intel point one. After completing and picking up loot I went to the inventory to check on my prizes to find four(!) 240 pieces of gear (Two holsters, a mask, and a chest piece). Three of them are definite keepers.

Edit: If you didn't know, Camp Hudson is the unofficial-official place to matchmake (Free Roam) for HVT until /if it is officially put into the game. Worked like a charm on the first go with all high GS folk. Using "free roam" matchmaking out in the wild and trying to do HVT was a complete failure as I kept getting matchmade with extremely low level players.

This is like the complete opposite of my experience. I did all the weekly HVTs last night and got one drop from the boss (some were 204 armor drops that were awful) and the one guaranteed 240 from the hardest one. It was more work for less loot compared to other options.

Also I stayed in Camp Hudson for a half hour and had one person join with no mic who I kept talking to but nothing and eventually they left after a minute despite describing what I was doing. Luckily I had some friends come online later who hadn't tried this mode at all. We learned that if you buy a HVT and join a group you lose it. Don't know what nonsense that is.

I feel they're pretty worthless. Especially since the only gear set that drops is the Lonestar one. Once I've got that set I won't be bothering. The Intel gathering is tedious as well, I would rather just run the DZ for a grind.

It's a good free effort so kudos to them, but it needs more versatility.

SkylineRKR

This does work. Within the minute I was in a squad. All they did was farming intel (I was completely broke as well) but it was at a much faster pace than going at it alone. Did 2 quick 15 intel dailies and have 2 extra lone star pieces.

DZ is better but I am put in 201+ and slightly below that. Absolutely not an option to go alone.

Haha there's only like 4 of us still playing Division and are usually only online during the evenings :/

I can help if you want, already did it though.

One of my weeklies after reset showed up as completed so I couldn't get the drop or weapon skin, same thing happens with at least 2 daily HVT's every day.

EL CUCO

I can help if you want, already did it though.

One of my weeklies after reset showed up as completed so I couldn't get the drop or weapon skin, same thing happens with at least 2 daily HVT's every day.
I'm down for it in about 30 min, if thats good with you. We could use 2 more. If you wanna run CS, I'm down for that too.

theWB27

The 4 piece predators gear melts compared to what I was running before.

Add that I got some really good rolls on said gear. Let's see how it plays in the dz

------
Anytime you get a mod that you aren't equipping, deconstruct it. Then spend 10 mins fast traveling around the PVE map to the electroinc and tool spots. I find I usually get 1-2 gold of each and enough lower level to craft up to a 3rd. Add to that the deconstructing from DZ or search&destroy/HVT and you should be doing okay mats wise in decent time?

Feeling pretty good about my build at:
202k/298k/9k
With a 3/2 Striker and Sentryset (with a Lone Star harness that bumped my toughness 100k).

Next step is buying the level 32 stamina mod and trying to craft a few that give a bump to my skills as I'm definitely feeling the weakness on my heals.

Lettuce

Why does the game insist in letting you join an Incursion game where the team members are in a 'no respawn' area and so you cant actual join in!!??

Why does the game insist in letting you join an Incursion game where the team members are in a 'no respawn' area and so you cant actual join in!!??
AGREED. Either don't let us join or add a "retry with new group" option. It seems like I join 3 incursions that I have to immediately quit before I find a fresh one.

Can't believe Ubi is sill flogging the season pass for $50. Bring it down to $20 or so and I may consider getting it..
Other than a couple of costumes and mediocre rewards from the rewards vendor, have we seen anything from the season pass? Definitely feeling buyer's remorse so far...

Top Bottom