• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Incursion would have been more interesting if it had been more dynamic. Such as having to split off into groups of 2 to go to different areas of the plant in order to get the explosives with each room being a different mechanic.

But even if that was too much work, just reworking that room would do wonders. As it stands the best way of beating hard mode at least is to just turtle in that pit in the middle for 14 waves, and then abusing the hell out of survivor link to blow up the apc at the end.

The reason for that is the enemy spawns are insane they literally come in for all 4 corners. I get they want you to move around so they put enemies everywhere but the result is that we just stay put and get pot shots out of the middle.

Needs work. Hopefully Columbus circle is better. Dunno if I'm looking forward to challenge mode

Luckily it's just the first one for now, room for improvement and more raid type mechanics in the future.

theWB27

All the players that lost a character logged in at some point today. I scanned through the reddit complaint list. They then either experienced a delta/mike error while playing or trying to log back in and noticed their character was gone.

So in other words, stop playing like you said. Are devs able to restore players, historically speaking?

Trigonx

i keep getting set pieces off Lex, but they continually suck. My HE 182 are better than the 191 set pieces that are dropping.

Iceman829

So in other words, stop playing like you said. Are devs able to restore players, historically speaking?

The only thing I saw them post was they were looking into individual accounts and requested any GTs that had this occur.

I'm just burnt out from work and don't feel like dealing with the possibility tonight. So, I'm just going to pop a different game in. There's no real rush anyway they already patched the x4 HE loot out of the game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
And now I regret giving away my strikers chest

I feel like Striker's is going to be the most OP of them all.
In that video the player goes from 60k crit headshots to 100k in a single Vector magazine.

deafmedal

Where could a man find an MP5 bp if one were so inclined? And could a man find a list of what's now available for purchase from various vendors?

The only thing I saw them post was they were looking into individual accounts and requested any GTs that had this occur.

I'm just burnt out from work and don't feel like dealing with the possibility tonight. So, I'm just going to pop a different game in. There's no real rush anyway they already patched the x4 HE loot out of the game.

Man up. You'll be fine!

Tawpgun

I feel like Striker's is going to be the most OP of them all.
In that video the player goes from 60k crit headshots to 100k in a single Vector magazine.

I think there's room for the others (nomad seems the weakest tbh)

We've seen how powerful skill builds can be, so having skillpower bumped up and keeping firearms and stamina up higher to compensate for the set bonus would be good.

Strikers seems ideal for a tank build. You can get all up in someones face and unleash damage.

Sentry's just makes marksman rifles really good.

chogidogs

MM is broken for Incursions right now. Incomplete teams keeps looking for members mid-game. We keep teleported to the start because I guess you're not allowed to do that.

All the players that lost a character logged in at some point today. I scanned through the reddit complaint list. They then either experienced a delta/mike error while playing or trying to log back in and noticed their character was gone.

yeah, when i first tried to login after the patch, my character was there. before i even got into the game world, i got the delta error. went to try again and my main is gone. only my level 6 alt is there.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
anyone about to start an incursion on PS4 and need another player?

I have just jumped on and want to give it a shot.
Me look for Xion_Stellar
Edit:Taken sorry

fr0st

Banned
One is none talent is broken. Got killed wondering why my weapon won't reload and if swap weapons and back to the one it glitches you'll only have the base amount of rounds in the mag.
EDIT: DIVISION TECH WAS NERFED TOO WHY.

Balphon

I'm going to get the last 6 rogue kills I need for the platinum if it kills me.

And I'm sure it will. But it will hopefully also kill some other people.

Rizific

so ive been curious about this gearscore thing, seeing how well that worked out during the WoW days. my fresh-ish 30 character has a gs of 174 (full HE gear/weapons crafted or handed down from main) while my main character has a gs of 170 (also all HE gear minus except the one purple m1a). while my 2nd character has a higher gs, she puts out a fuck-ton LESS DPS than my main while having less than half the HP of my main. so to the surprise of no one, gearscore hardly tells the whole story and is essentially a useless stat.

Started playing a bit before the servers shut down. My gear score ended up being 174. I'm pretty sure it went up a bit once I equipped the nomad gloves and kneepads.

So has the gear score improved the pvp in the DZ? I didn't encounter any rouges before I logged off. No more getting mowed down by someone overpowered because they are decked out in HE gear?

darkwing

so ive been curious about this gearscore thing, seeing how well that worked out during the WoW days. my fresh-ish 30 character has a gs of 174 (full HE gear/weapons crafted or handed down from main) while my main character has a gs of 170 (also all HE gear minus except the one purple m1a). while my 2nd character has a higher gs, she puts out a fuck-ton LESS DPS than my main while having less than half the HP of my main. so to the surprise of no one, gearscore hardly tells the whole story and is essentially a useless stat.

it's because number ranges on the set overlap, gear 182 with a firearm rating on the upper range will be higher than a gear 191 on the low range

Trigonx

One is none talent is broken. Got killed wondering why my weapon won't reload and if swap weapons and back to the one it glitches you'll only have the base amount of rounds in the mag.

i noticed that bug with one in none, pisses me off when i am trying to finish off a mob but I am not even shooting any bullets

Daft Punk

Banned
Is anyone else hitting a glitch where as soon as you try to approach the manhole at the start of Falcon Lost, the game teleports you backwards? I haven't been able to play for the last few hours because of this and it's pissing me off.

fr0st

Banned
Started playing a bit before the servers shut down. My gear score ended up being 174. I'm pretty sure it went up a bit once I equipped the nomad gloves and kneepads.

So has the gear score improved the pvp in the DZ? I didn't encounter any rouges before I logged off. No more getting mowed down by someone overpowered because they are decked out in HE gear?
They separated people via gearscore now. >161 and <161

Not sure if you can switch weapons/gear beforehand to make it lower/higher and then switch back when inside DZ so you trick the system.

darkwing

Is anyone else hitting a glitch where as soon as you try to approach the manhole at the start of Falcon Lost, the game teleports you backwards? I haven't been able to play for the last few hours because of this and it's pissing me off.

yup, this is a known bug, no word from Massive

meanwhile they fixed the HE drop from CM that fast

Balphon

Not sure if you can switch weapons/gear beforehand to make it lower/higher and then switch back when inside DZ so you trick the system.

I think it's supposed to sort you based on the best in slot in your backpack when you enter the DZ to keep people from doing that.

Don't think so. I was partied with a friend greater than 161, and I was under. As soon as I equipped an HE that put me over, it immediately switched servers for both of us.

I was wondering if you could actually make that work, lol.

The incursions sound cool, but to me the most interesting part of the endgame has been the DZ.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dom just reminded me about the new Dead Zone settings. So much better at 0% with the snipers now. Much more precise.

Ah so that's why I keep mashing the reload button I just stood there like a champ while a hail of bullets downed me. Also I keep clicking and just won't shoot. This is both when I'm playing with others and just by myself. Thinking that it was lag, which was another issue and it was awful as well.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Big content drop. Twelve hour shift immediately after. Girlfriend texts me during that we should watch a movie together this evening.

Here it is almost bedtime and I've gotta work early again. Still haven't spent more that fifteen minutes in-game all day.

This is a fucking great tragedy.

At least I finally convinced her to watch "The Road".

theWB27

Ah so that's why I keep mashing the reload button I just stood there like a champ while a hail of bullets downed me. Also I keep clicking and just won't shoot. This is both when I'm playing with others and just by myself. Thinking that it was lag, which was another issue and it was awful as well.

Eh..I've had it happen with 18 bullets in my clip. Like it just stopped firing and wouldn't reload. That's along with the stops at 1 bullet and won't reload glitch

I didn't switch weapons either.

Big content drop. Twelve hour shift immediately after. Girlfriend texts me during that we should watch a movie together this evening.

Here it is almost bedtime and I've gotta work early again. Still haven't spent more that fifteen minutes in-game all day.

This is a fucking great tragedy.

At least I finally convinced her to watch "The Road".

Now read the book :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Pulse, Striker, Water and Tactical could push up my crit damage 340%. MP5 would be dealing like 142,800 per crit headshot.

The GS brackets are kinda weird. Pretty sure you can upgrade your GS from fresh 30 to 161 in a day or so by just doing dailies and repeating CM. But after 161, it's gonna be a long grind. They should make another highest GS bracket, like 200+.

What..the..fuck?! They already hotfixed out the best part of the patch, 4 HE's from CM's? Are you shitting me? This game is a fucking mess right now.

Killzig

MM is broken for Incursions right now. Incomplete teams keeps looking for members mid-game. We keep teleported to the start because I guess you're not allowed to do that.

Yep, this is really frustrating. Had a party member get disconnected at wave 12 and he couldn't rejoin / we couldn't replace him. Got delta/miked myself at wave 8 today. Now no more daily challenging (by design?) and a nerf to the hard daily rewards (down from 15 to 10). Then the thing they decide to hotfix is a loot drop that was mostly extra crafting mats, not the totally borked one is none talent.

I wonder if they saw how some folks had already geared up and decided to quick patch it.

I really hope they stop making changes in reaction to the minority of players who are so far ahead of everyone else. Only guys getting affected are casual players.

FLAguy954

Update is doing these changes.

• Named enemies in Challenge mode will now only guarantee one High-End item like all the other named enemies
  • Incursion: Falcon Lost
  • The APC will no longer take damage from players’ weapons
  • The APC’s Mortar weapon will now fire correctly
  • Several fixes to improve server stability

So challenge mode bosses will only drop 1 not 4 High-Ends.

Massive really has a fucked up definition of fun. 4 HE Drops for doing a challenge mission should be the fucking norm, not treated as a goddamn bug...

What..the..fuck?! They already hotfixed out the best part of the patch, 4 HE's from CM's? Are you shitting me? This game is a fucking mess right now.

I wonder if they saw how some folks had already geared up and decided to quick patch it.

I really hope they stop making changes in reaction to the minority of players who are so far ahead of everyone else. Only guys getting affected are casual players.

Yeah, they clearly don't want people to progress too fast. The update is just barely alive, and people will leave (again) in a week if they're already done with the content by then. It seems that they don't want to make another PC farm glitches mistake again.

Top Bottom