• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

alife

You can't mix and match set pieces from same set and different GS.

XnFJiHZ.gif

Already have 4 pieces of the path of the nomad gear set. Can't wait to find the last two. Does anyone use a shotgun as their secondary? I want to run SMG/Shotgun but I haven't seen a good high-end shotgun ever.

MildSoss

Spent all night in the DZ chasing gold and killing Rogues that we forgot about running the Incursion...guess I'll give it a go tomorrow

One of my teammates got a path of the Nomad gear piece from Supply Drop

Actually it was from the named NPC by the supply drop. He just didn't want to tell us 'cause he thought we would of kicked him from the group and gone rogue on him. lol

darkwing

They totally pulled a bait and switch on us with crafting.

Nerfed crafting into the ground. When the outcry happened they said, "No don't worry. Everything drops high ends now! That will be the way to gear up."

Oh but btw those high ends are only 163. Oh and these blueprints are 214. Have fun crafting.

xgz9nkR.gif

yup, I'm running GA to farm mats XD

lt519

But it's not? GS for those items aren't that great and anything that drops, even HE is trash 96% of the time. HEs are the new purples. Incursion CM is the new endgame for top gear and score.

Which is a shame because the Incursion is actually pretty terrible. It's basically a Destiny Nightfall with a Spider Tank as the boss. Go out in the open and you get one-shot by snipers. Sit where you are and you get rushed and surrounded by shotgunners. Solution? Hole up in a spot the tank can't reach you and pick away at enemies. Boring. At least block off that middle pit and force us to come up with a strategy.

Deku Tree

They totally pulled a bait and switch on us with crafting.

Nerfed crafting into the ground. When the outcry happened they said, "No don't worry. Everything drops high ends now! That will be the way to gear up."

Oh but btw those high ends are only 163. Oh and these blueprints are 214. Have fun crafting.

xgz9nkR.gif

This morning all the HE that were dropping were 182 GS (item lvl 31) off of lvl 32 named enemies. With the server reset did they lower that to 163 GS?

Anyway this game is not my idea of fun anymore. Really disappointed with the 1.1 update and how we were mislead about the loot system.

I can't believe after all that bullshit back and forth, crafting still ended up being the endgame, but at a far more ridiculously grindy pace. Ran CM Lex twice before hotfix, got a HE weapon both runs, my first two ever HE weapon drops in this game (5 days + logged now) Ran CM Lex 6 times after hotfix...nothing but kneepads and performance mods. Fuck this shit.

lt519

For regular Hard Incursions where rec is 140? lol

Try #3 and I get kicked again. Fuck this stupid shit.

Start it as the host so they can't kick you? Happened to me earlier on a CM right before the server reset, sucks.

Shame you can't find a group; there's just no incentive to run it. They made it so people are better off just farming DZ or CM and buying blueprints and crafting again.

J-Rzez

Thought I found a bug when I went into the DZ that put me into CM. I got killed by a shotgun from over half a city block away. Then I realized that "Ski11McSk1llz" was a player with a shotgun and not AI. Only good thing about that guy was they were killing the others in there using the skillful tactic of supergroups 6-8 on 2.

DZ is a god damn wreck.

It's a shame what happened to this game.

MildSoss

This morning all the HE that were dropping were 182 GS (item lvl 31) off of lvl 32 named enemies. With the server reset did they lower that to 163 GS?

Anyway this game is not my idea of fun anymore. Really disappointed with the 1.1 update and how we were mislead about the loot system.
Yup, farming dz 5 and 6 is still a ghost town cause even then 182 gs items are not guaranteed. I probably got 2 or 3 from the 30+ items I extracted.

GG Massive, you got us good.

Start it as the host so they can't kick you? Happened to me earlier on a CM right before the server reset, sucks.

Shame you can't find a group; there's just no incentive to run it. They made it so people are better off just farming DZ or CM and buying blueprints and crafting again.

I finally got into a group and 1 person died where we cant revive them in wave 1 and another ran into the middle of all the enemies and died.

0/4

Matchmaking is awesome!

GG Division, you win. I don't need to play your game anymore since I can't, even though I'm 166 and recommended is 160.

I highly regret buying the season pass.

vivftp

Hmm, I'm near the Phoenix Credit cap and need to buy something, but don't know what! I could buy some of the striker blueprints from the BoO vendor, but dunno if that's the best move. I'm a lowly 170 GS with all HE items except a good sniper. Still using my Superior First Wave M1A. Also still grinding my way towards DZ 75 so I can buy the HE blueprint of the M1A.

So... what should I spend my PC on?

lt519

I finally got into a group and 1 person died where we cant revive them in wave 1 and another ran into the middle of all the enemies and died.

0/4

Matchmaking is awesome!

GG Division, you win. I don't need to play your game anymore since I can't, even though I'm 166 and recommended is 160.

I highly regret buying the season pass.

I was always a big defender of Destiny not having matchmaking for raids. This is much easier than a raid but I feel like matchmaking leads to frustration more times than it's actually enjoyable for people and ultimately sours the experience. You can get lucky and get a focused and fun group but 80% of the time you end up with someone that quits after 10 minutes, a host that boots people left and right, just plain assholes, AFKers, and just plain bad players. Then you end up wasting two hours of your night not even playing the game since you can't hold a group together.

I too regret buying the season pass, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this was "free" content and they are still in the balancing stage. I'll still rock this as my casual social game along with Destiny, but I won't touch it playing by myself again until the next expansion.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Every drop we've been getting from DZ06 has been 163.

I was always a big defender of Destiny not having matchmaking for raids. This is much easier than a raid but I feel like matchmaking leads to frustration more times than it's actually enjoyable for people and ultimately sours the experience. You can get lucky and get a focused and fun group but 80% of the time you end up with someone that quits after 10 minutes, a host that boots people left and right, just plain assholes, AFKers, and just plain bad players. Then you end up wasting two hours of your night not even playing the game since you can't hold a group together.

I too regret buying the season pass, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this was "free" content and they are still in the balancing stage. I'll still rock this as my casual social game along with Destiny, but I won't touch it playing by myself again until the next expansion.

99% of my matchmaking with regular Challenge Modes pre-Incursions ended up not working out. 100% incursions haven't worked out. These are super brainless activities that have basically 0 mechanics and they aren't working out. It is frustrating wasting hours trying to play the game.

Tawpgun

Ok.

Massive really fucked up with the DZ loot. We were all under the impression that it was gonna be awesome with better loot gotten from the harder, northern DZ.

This is what Massive literally said was gonna be the case.

And yet, I've only been getting Gear Score 163/lvl 30 items. Even from the northern DZ.

Really killing my vibe

I can't believe after all that bullshit back and forth, crafting still ended up being the endgame, but at a far more ridiculously grindy pace. Ran CM Lex twice before hotfix, got a HE weapon both runs, my first two ever HE weapon drops in this game (5 days + logged now) Ran CM Lex 6 times after hotfix...nothing but kneepads and performance mods. Fuck this shit.

I think I did 20 runs and out of all those runs, I got 1 HE pistol while the rest were performance mods. Along with the crafting downgrade, which before I would be glad to see them because deconstruct would get me 2 instead of this 1 bullshit, this pic pretty much summarized how I feel about performance mod drops lol

darkwing

99% of my matchmaking with regular Challenge Modes pre-Incursions ended up not working out. 100% incursions haven't worked out. These are super brainless activities that have basically 0 mechanics and they aren't working out. It is frustrating wasting hours trying to play the game.

that is strange my experience has been the reversed, not 99% but still a high %

telasoman

oh how, I thought they fixed it

I thought camping in that one corner was considered cheesy, but I guess it isn't overall.

Well 3/3 on incursions tonight, and each time with a new host, so 6 set pieces gotten from it.

Got my 4pc Tachs too, its pretty insane.

PatDH

Finally finished work and logged in. Gear score is 180 straight off the bat which I'm fairly happy with.
Time to dig in :)

Is there any guide that explains the relationship between Gear Score and other ratings?

Seems really strange that a 600ish armor gear piece would have a GS of 180 or whatever, while my purple 1000 armor gear (plus its armor bonus) would be GS 160.

Equipping the higher gear score item drops my damage resistance from 60% to 57% :-| How is that supposed to make me stronger, overall, exactly, for the incursion?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Destiny screwed me when I went all in and now this game has as well.
Tapping out until the endgame is fixed. Not interested in farming mats all day just to craft one item with a shit roll.

Bizazedo

Is there any guide that explains the relationship between Gear Score and other ratings?

Seems really strange that a 600ish armor gear piece would have a GS of 180 or whatever, while my purple 1000 armor gear (plus its armor bonus) would be GS 160.

Equipping the higher gear score item drops my damage resistance from 60% to 57% :-| How is that supposed to make me stronger, overall, exactly, for the incursion?
It is dumb. The same people who failed using math and spreadsheets before are obviously still there.

It is like Destiny in that I just don't get it.

darkwing

Destiny screwed me when I went all in and now this game has as well.
Tapping out until the endgame is fixed. Not interested in farming mats all day just to craft one item with a shit roll.

and they still haven't fixed missions not starting sometimes

Tawpgun

1. The new lighting option looks AMAZING. They should force it. Especially in the DZ.

2. Tough LMB fight against lvl 32 elites. Check out that SWEET LOOT.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tawpgun/video/16571909

Ugh. I might hop on from time to time but Massive has got to get their end game vision together. Game has a lot of potential. Both in PvE and in the DZ. I'm assuming the DZ loot will get fixed within a week because the loot thats dropping is the opposite of what they said would drop.

Paertan

It's not as much about enjoyment as it is pointless due to lockout and artificial gear padding

Gear is weird in this game. Sure crafting is fun, but again it seems best gear is from crafting. I crafted two Set items yesterday. But i would honestly rather have Set items only drop from Incursion. Except the Nomad that would only drop from DZ06 bosses or Supply Drops.
Same with 214 HE. Other crafting and drops should be to get you in good enough shape to help you do the harder stuff where you get the best pieces.

xrnzaaas

Try #2 and I get kicked from the Group. Ok cool. I'm fucking 166 recommended is 140, assholes.

Same here. Got kicked even though I was way over 140. I also was a host on one occasion and the other players just left. ;p Oh well, I guess I'll ignore this mission for the time being.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
day one, 4 piece striker's awww yeh. i got the holster and the backpack in 2 incursion runs lol, da RNG

next up: get a decent high-end sniper and craft mp5's

deadduck

Again like Destiny they made things too powerful at the start and have to backtrack.

GazzaGSi

What a shit storm to wake up to regarding the CM HE drop amount being reduced to 1 and Xbox players having their character missing.
Glad I got afew runs in on Lexington when it was 4 HE drops, was really only doing it for the Phoenix creds but it's also nice to see multiple yellows!
Suppose there's always scarecrow at PA to farm in acouple minutes for each run.

Had a blast soloing in the DZ, was hovering around DZ03/4, supply crate dropped not far away so thought I'd check it out. Just one other guy there so was prepared to go rogue if that's what it took to secure the drop. He got downed by the last enemy, dropped 4HE's and I secured the crate :) I wouldn't have gone for the supply drop with what he had, should've extracted that shit first.
Went to the safe house for 20 minutes or so as it would look abit obvious to just go and extract straight away. Extraction was tense having 8 HE's in the backpack but only went with a minor hiccup, the rope got dropped and as I litterally started hooking the gear on 5-6 mobs spawned right next to me with a heavy and shotgunners, survivor link popped and boom, safely extracted but there was a bit of panic there.

The extraction zone was clear of mobs when I got there so I'm guessing their timer reset just as I was attaching the loot for them to spawn.
Saw afew other players minding their own business and just going about things, didn't see a rogue in the zones I was in, seemed liked DZ01/2 were constant battles though from the action on the map.

Top Bottom