• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Don't think anyone remember my snide comments about them selling crafting materials and phoenix credits as "In app purchase" since they're generally ignored. But saw on reddit about how they had "intels" for sale as part of humble bundle, went to confirm and laugh. Seems like they're starting to test out the waters. "Locker space DLC" coming soon~

AhJwBtI.jpg

now back to how DZ is perfect and it's working as intended

DasTanK

Any thoughts on this build? I usually run 3 piece striker, 2 piece sentry and savage but
wasnt really tanky. I came up with this tanky, dps with a little skillpower build. I have just shy of 75% mitigation, 110k health and 75% exotic resiliance.

fr0st

Banned
Any thoughts on this build? I usually run 3 piece striker, 2 piece sentry and savage but
wasnt really tanky. I came up with this tanky, dps with a little skillpower build. I have just shy of 75% mitigation, 110k health and 75% exotic resiliance.
That's probably the best solo build you can make. What's the damage per shot on the Aug?

deadduck

Anyone have a solo DZ 201+ build? I'm at 200k DPs/330k toughness/16k SP and still have to use a whole man to down lvl 32s. I'm running 3striker/2 sentry/savage gloves.

I'm not a dedicated follower of the church of savage, to leave the congregation it really depends on the detail on your build AND how much you want to balance ai/players.

Savage is only good against players, but most ai take cover.

20% extra armor damage from Sentry gloves is arguably better against ai.

The buildup damage from the 4piece striker set is also great against ai in the DZ as you focus on one at a time. If ai rolled around like players it'll be useful.

I'd try give these a go...

Ally1987

Me too, this will be my biggest upgrade by far. Will net around +100 armor and probably +150-200 stam from a new batch of mods.

Also if there are any PC players out there that like to DZ and want to group lemme know. A lot of my buddies have quit the game, so we're basically down to me + 1 buddy + 1 occasional buddy. So we usually got an open slot or two for our nightly DZ runs (NA times).

I dont have any group to play with, so I'd like to join if you have a spot open. Add Ally1987 on uplay.

gunawi

I'm still rocking reckless chest from 1.1 lol but if i take it off mine would be similar to your build minus the skill power. I think it's a very good build that can fit any activity, solo or in a team, DZ/incursion, etc.
nQM5sIC.jpg

gunawi

It has been fixed and is working how it should, you take 10% more damage.

It is working as intended now. You are taking 10% extra damage...... which is not the same with -10% mitigation. So say you have 75% mitigation and the enemy bullets hit you with 100 dmg, then you will be taking a 25 dmg. With reckless piece and 75% mitigation you will take 10% extra damage which is 27.5 dmg.

So having reckless piece with 75% mitigation is the same with regular armor piece but with 72.5% mitigation. To me it is acceptable trade for that extra 13.5% bonus damage.

elelunicy

Hey my build is almost exactly the same as yours, except I use savage gloves and vigorous chest instead of 2p tactician's (and my exotic damage resiliance is only at 64%). Savage gloves help with the relatively low dps with a hidden 14% critical hit chance, and booster shot with vigorous chest is amazing as it gives me a full overheal due to Combat Medic being bugged.

I've been tweaking my build constantly but both 2p sentry and 2p final measure are really a must. The 30% headshot damage you get from 2p sentry is multiplicative and thus far outclasses the 50% critical hit damage from 3p striker (which is additive) even if you're terrible at getting headshots. Without at least 50% exotic damage resilience it would leave you competely vulnerable to sticky bomb, explosive rounds, enemy grenades, flamethrowers, etc.

GazzaGSi

It has been fixed and is working how it should, you take 10% more damage.

Wow. Thanks for the reply.

It is working as intended now. You are taking 10% extra damage...... which is not the same with -10% mitigation. So say you have 75% mitigation and the enemy bullets hit you with 100 dmg, then you will be taking a 25 dmg. With reckless piece and 75% mitigation you will take 10% extra damage which is 27.5 dmg.

So having reckless piece with 75% mitigation is the same with regular armor piece but with 72.5% mitigation. To me it is acceptable trade for that extra 13.5% bonus damage.

Thanks for the numbers and breaking it down. Definitely does seem a good trade off.

DasTanK

That's probably the best solo build you can make. What's the damage per shot on the Aug?

10k but i have to double check. It has deadly and brutal with brutal in the third slot. My rpk is my PvE machine it has deadly brutal and destructive but its a 182.

I'm still rocking reckless chest from 1.1 lol but if i take it off mine would be similar to your build minus the skill power. I think it's a very good build that can fit any activity, solo or in a team, DZ/incursion, etc.

That is a good build i still want to craft a 204 reckless stam piece and run it with a predator set/savage. I got godlike skillpower rolls on my final measure (5078) and tactician backback (67--). Thats really the only reason im running the tactician backpack.

Hey my build is almost exactly the same as yours, except I use savage gloves and vigorous chest instead of 2p tactician's (and my exotic damage resiliance is only at 64%). Savage gloves help with the relatively low dps with a hidden 14% critical hit chance, and booster shot with vigorous chest is amazing as it gives me a full overheal due to Combat Medic being bugged.

I've been tweaking my build constantly but both 2p sentry and 2p final measure are really a must. The 30% headshot damage you get from 2p sentry is multiplicative and thus far outclasses the 50% critical hit damage from 3p striker (which is additive) even if you're terrible at getting headshots. Without at least 50% exotic damage resilience it would leave you competely vulnerable to sticky bomb, explosive rounds, enemy grenades, flamethrowers, etc.

Thats a really good build. Your build looks so much better than mine cause of savage/vigorous. I would like to drop the tact set but the chest has self heal and the backpack has near perfect skillpower roll. My gloves also have self heal so I run booster shot. Definitely miss the over heal but the cooldown is so low i can pretty much spam it in a prolonged fight.

EL CUCO

Thank you guys for allowing me to run around with you for a bit. Had a great time!

"Did that guy really think I was gonna let him take that? I dropped him"

Lolol
Yeah that was good fun last night! You planted that final bomb like real American hero 💪

TsuWave

that is awesome. i might aim for something similar

Anyone have a solo DZ 201+ build? I'm at 200k DPs/330k toughness/16k SP and still have to use a whole man to down lvl 32s. I'm running 3striker/2 sentry/savage gloves.

Lol, I have the EXACT same build right now. I'm thinking of building a tacticians setup at the moment so I can take advantage of pulse and proxy bombs.

I'm also thinking about ramping down time in the game though: I passed 282 hours last night and given that I have to wait until (probably) late July before the Underground expansion comes out since I'm on PC I wanna keep it cool and not get burnt out.

spyder_ur

Pretty sure cobra commander = starscream

I can do megatron but not star scream

You can do any voice you set your mind to Colonel.

Is there currently any point to doing challenge missions? Haven't done one since the patch but the rewards don't look great.

Also, I've got like 700 PC burning a whole in my pocket. What should I buy?

D_psipher

down for the weekly HVT later on tonight, just shoot me message

Have not run with you in a bit. I would like to run this with you as well as some DZ grinding if you are up for it. I been preparing and dying in Dark Souls 3 this past week with a little bit of Destiny thrown in. Missing the Division a little.

Have two striker backpacks that suit my current build (have great major and minor bonuses on them). Only thing is, the bonus armor it came with is a little low (I think the potential range is 515-630 and I've got 530-ish on both). Rolled the first one five times, each time rolling a new armor option as a bonus, always under 530. Sigh. Move on to the second...and the exact same thing happened. So many credits down the drain. I'm addicted to trying to get an extra 50-100 armor.

Mullah88

Have not run with you in a bit. I would like to run this with you as well as some DZ grinding if you are up for it. I been preparing and dying in Dark Souls 3 this past week with a little bit of Destiny thrown in. Missing the Division a little.

sure whenever youre ready send the invite

EL CUCO

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-the-division-movie-1201742202/
Following record-breaking sales, Ubisoft is already developing a movie based on its video game “Tom Clancy’s the Division,” and now looks to have an A-list star to lead the film.

Sources tell Variety that Jake Gyllenhaal is attached to star in the pic based on the hit video game that has already become Ubisoft’s fastest-selling product.

Gyllenhaal is also attached as a producer, and the studio is currently looking for a writer to pen the adaptation.
We made it to Hollywood!

Hey guys

I recently picked up an Xbone, and am whether to get this game or not.
I really want a next gen third person shooter that's fun, I don't mind if it's repetitive so long as the core mechanics are enjoyable. The issue is that many of my friends probably won't pick this up, and I won't have *that* much time to invest. BUT I love loot based games like these and Diablo, Borderlands and all that.

Should I bother picking this up if I'm gonna play mainly solo?

phen0m24

Maintenance is 5 hours today? Hope they fix the number of bugs crated by the new update...

They're restoring the server to a few days ago so we can do our weeklies again.

Do they need voice over work? WOOOOOO

Hopefully the movie will have a story..

It's about an Aussie tank with lots of DPS
named Deej ;)

I hope it's a two hour long movie about four agents down in the cheese spot.

Nah it's about a solo guy in the DZ trying to snake Cuco's loot SPOILER: HE FAILS

Did the daily HVTs and the 2 lowest 5 intel dailies drop a striker holster and a sentry backpack, rounding off my 3/3 set build lol. Also dropped a tacticians that was bad, but not lonestar, so it was remarkable in a sense.

What the hell.

spyder_ur

Where do I get better gun mods? Or are they the same blueprints but higher values when crafted?

Also what am I supposed to spend these 700 PXC on?

Top Bottom