• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

mobile cover doing work lol

It's gotta have a use in the game for something lol

In search of a 240 Sentry's Call holster. Best place to find one (Dark Zone? Falcon's Lost (hard or challenging mode?).

For me this piece was like our local bus service, none for ages then 2 turn up at once. My 2 240 sentry pieces coming in the DZ last night, 1 from a supply drop in DZ05 and 1 from a sealed cache.

It's gotta have a use in the game for something lol

For me this piece was like our local bus service, none for ages then 2 turn up at once. My 2 240 sentry pieces coming in the DZ last night, 1 from a supply drop in DZ05 and 1 from a sealed cache.
Beauty! I just hit my mitigation cap with a 214 equipped, so hoping I can find one that keeps me capped but lets me roll another major bonus or mod slot. I'll just stick to the DZ then!

EL CUCO

Actually managed to complete Falcon Lost for the first time last night and got fuck all that was worth while to me, i though that incursion was supposed to give out good loot on completion?
Gearing your character in The Division can be something of a puzzle. The loot drops are pieces to that puzzle, more than they are a prize. You almost always need to recalibrate a stat or bonus to maximize it's utility according to the build you're going for.
Is there any good videos about that explain the re-calibration station, dont have a clue what im doing?
https://youtu.be/RBS85gIWfDc

GazzaGSi

Beauty! I just hit my mitigation cap with a 214 equipped, so hoping I can find one that keeps me capped but lets me roll another major bonus or mod slot. I'll just stick to the DZ then!

Sounds like a positive way forward to build your character up abit more. I got a drop with the 3 main stats and huge armour so managed to drop 3 mods that had armour as an attribute. Waiting for the stamina mod to be back in DZ04 safe house to get some rolls with crit chance or enemy armour damage (I think enemy armour damage is a possibility anyway) if not, health and some skill power would benefit me.

Sounds like a positive way forward to build your character up abit more. I got a drop with the 3 main stats and huge armour so managed to drop 3 mods that had armour as an attribute. Waiting for the stamina mod to be back in DZ04 safe house to get some rolls with crit chance or enemy armour damage (I think enemy armour damage is a possibility anyway) if not, health and some skill power would benefit me.
Yeah, I don't really have the mind or patience to map out the best way forward from scratch, but at the rate things are dropping in the Dark Zone and Incursions, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to keep incrementally improving by experimenting on specific slots by dropping armor on gear w/o losing full mitigation for other stats that boost my firearms/electronics or equipping mods that better round out my character...

My current build is here:
228k/354k/15k w/ 75% mitigation

Hoping to find a better Marksman Rifle (my 204 SRS seems to be the weakest of the 204 options), a better Sentry's Call holster and then some level 32/33 mods to, ideally, up my Electronics score a bit.

Lettuce

Have they said if they will fix it so when your doing an incursion mission if a member leaves that it will allow for a new member to join?. As all im seeing at the moment is 1 member will leave and it will allow another member to match make but as your half way through the mission that new member cant actually participate in the incursion.

Either make it so that once the mission has started no one else can join if a member drops out or allow a new member to join!

Clear Sky Challenge Mode and Hotfixes Delayed

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4m6kaj/state_of_the_game_summary_6216_key_points/

All the fixes that's were supposed to be part of this mornings maintenance did not get deployed due to issues. So the HVT fix and others did not make it, along with Challenge Mode for Clear Sky. With the UI patch being almost 5GB and their own failure to deploy proper fixes during maintenance this is embarrassing.

Xbox One UI patch no longer said to be this week like previously announced and is now TBD.

lol not surprised one bit

we all know they are just trying to patch the the CS incursion cheese before CM comes out

should have disabled mobile cover weeks ago

Have they said if they will fix it so when your doing an incursion mission if a member leaves that it will allow for a new member to join?. As all im seeing at the moment is 1 member will leave and it will allow another member to match make but as your half way through the mission that new member cant actually participate in the incursion.

Either make it so that once the mission has started no one else can join if a member drops out or allow a new member to join!

They've stated that's their intent (to not allow players to join as players are finishing a mission/kick players and get their friends in, etc.). My hope is that they just institute an easier "restart incursion" option since really, neither of them take THAT long and the biggest hassle is just having to join/re-join games trying to find a working one.

spyder_ur

lol not surprised one bit

we all know they are just trying to patch the the CS incursion cheese before CM comes out

should have disabled mobile cover weeks ago

Honestly it's amazing that it's still in the game - it's the root of almost every glitch/exploit that's been in the game. I went away for a month and I kind of just assumed it had been fixed at some point.

Yeah I read the notes, it's just disappointing that even with new content the best place for loot is still the DZ and that is still heavily dependent on RNG and your ability to extract said loot.

Making HVT's only drop Lone Star and new Incursion only drop the 3 new underwhelming sets was a big mistake. At least put Final measure, the only new set worth having, in the HVT and Incursion loot pool.

Final measure works best for pve to tank and/or defuse the APC attacks but it's locked behind DZ RNG.

Being generous with loot =/= being generous with crappy loot.

GazzaGSi

Yeah, I don't really have the mind or patience to map out the best way forward from scratch, but at the rate things are dropping in the Dark Zone and Incursions, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to keep incrementally improving by experimenting on specific slots by dropping armor on gear w/o losing full mitigation for other stats that boost my firearms/electronics or equipping mods that better round out my character...

My current build is here:
228k/354k/15k w/ 75% mitigation

Hoping to find a better Marksman Rifle (my 204 SRS seems to be the weakest of the 204 options), a better Sentry's Call holster and then some level 32/33 mods to, ideally, up my Electronics score a bit.

Pretty much at the exact same spec as yourself except my skill is a little lower (12k) and also at 75%. I didn't get chance to mess around with my gear after last night's antics so looking forward to getting back on and hoping to make some improvements.
For the time being I'm aiming for 250k dps, 400k toughness and 20k skill with 75% mitigation. Just looking at your pic and you're right about the holster, my holster is almost 1000 armour with high rolls on each of the main stat.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I read the notes, it's just disappointing that even with new content the best place for loot is still the DZ and that is still heavily dependent on RNG and your ability to extract said loot.

Making HVT's only drop Lone Star and new Incursion only drop the 3 new underwhelming sets was a big mistake. At least put Final measure, the only new set worth having, in the HVT and Incursion loot pool.

Final measure works best for pve to tank and/or defuse the APC attacks but it's locked behind DZ RNG.

Being generous with loot =/= being generous with crappy loot.

FM does drop from HVT. Got a very good holster from it. But only as weekly reward so the chance is slim.

FM does drop from HVT. Got a very good holster from it. But only as weekly reward so the chance is slim.

Yes there is a chance of getting any set from the weeklies, it's still not good enough given that you can't trade the weekly drops!

They want to make different activities drop different sets so players can farm what they want - that's a good thing in theory but in practice they fucked it up really bad.

Incursion and HVT weekly drops are non tradeable? Why?

Want us to farm HVT's? Then make them actually farmable instead of once a week. You don't even get a drop from the HVT boss if you've already done it. Why would anyone farm that?

Daily HVT's only drop 182/214 so they are again useless for end-game players.

More people have quit over these stupid decisions/restrictions that over lack of content and bugs/glitches.

fr0st

Banned
Didn't know this. From the two hardest weeklies I got 240 lone stars which I use to just switch for ammo.
Just need gloves and holster FM for my tacticians build.
Playing support is actually fun with 500k toughness lol.

Trying so hard to no get moved into the 201+ bracket lol.

Waiting on a lvl 204 Aug drops or I can purchase haha.

Just leveling up in the darkzone for until then getting my toughness up.

Trying so hard to no get moved into the 201+ bracket lol.

Waiting on a lvl 204 Aug drops or I can purchase haha.

Just leveling up in the darkzone for until then getting my toughness up.
Personal suggestion: just make the leap and team up with a group of 4 in that higher bracket. For every frustrating rogue experience you have, you'll like have quite a few extractions that seriously fast track your gear (especially if you're grouped with people who know what they are doing). I feel like 4-5 extractions in the DZ jumped me from 200-225 gear score (and more importantly, about 120k toughness).

blacklotus

Personal suggestion: just make the leap and team up with a group of 4 in that higher bracket. For every frustrating rogue experience you have, you'll like have quite a few extractions that seriously fast track your gear (especially if you're grouped with people who know what they are doing). I feel like 4-5 extractions in the DZ jumped me from 200-225 gear score (and more importantly, about 120k toughness).

This is very true. Even solo and cautious DZ1 to DZ3 work, although slower.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just got a perfect Striker Holster, last drop of the night. Finally got an MP7 but no good rolls so gonna stick with the AUG I've been using for the past 2 months.

AYS

Neo Member
Help guys? I need to improve my stats. :(
Sealed caches are no better than any other random drop stat wise, getting the dz funds and dtech is nice but dz farming is still just named boss routes.

Getting the 204 blueprints from dz02 can help jump your stats some but the RNG is always present with any method of farming .

Hard mode incursions are another viable method to get mid tier gear, but cm incursions and 201+ dz5-6 are the only reliable options for top tier stat chance.

EL CUCO

sZYIopS.jpg

I heard this ritual is a reference to the short story "The Rats in the Walls" which is partly about an Underground City of cannibals. The first expansion is called "Underground". Wonder if there's any connection...hmmm.
prob not

sZYIopS.jpg

I heard this ritual is a reference to the short story "The Rats in the Walls" which is partly about an Underground City of cannibals. The first expansion is called "Underground". Wonder if there's any connection...hmmm.
prob not

Ewww, hope you didn't touch any of that.

J-Rzez

I was a firm believer in my Aug, but let me tell you about my new lord and savior the MP7. Thing just melts all, mobs and players.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Due to buying a house, renovating and moving in I've been out of Division for a month or so. Haven't done Falcon Lost, haven't done Emerge (gear level too low to do it, it seems), see lots of new stuff such as earning points to do new missions outside of Dark Zone. Cutting ropes is now a thing? I'm out of the loop big time, haha.

If anyone's up for getting this lost soul back on the path of Division enlightenment this weekend, I'm on PS4, username Rei_Toei83. CET. Got a lot of free time sunday.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
- AUG A3 Para XS with Responsive, Deadly and Accurate - Crit Chance 21.50% (226,000 DPS)​
- Tactical AUG A3P with Brutal, Deadly and Accurate - Crit Chance 25% (262,000 DPS)​

Wondering if the Para would be more dominant in close range against rogues.

Also got a lovely SASG-12 S with Destructive, Brutal and Accurate. Works nice as a close quarter secondary in PVP.

kriskrosbbk

- AUG A3 Para XS with Responsive, Deadly and Accurate - Crit Chance 21.50% (226,000 DPS)​
- Tactical AUG A3P with Brutal, Deadly and Accurate - Crit Chance 25% (262,000 DPS)​

Wondering if the Para would be more dominant in close range against rogues.

Also got a lovely SASG-12 S with Destructive, Brutal and Accurate. Works nice as a close quarter secondary in PVP.

Are these from DZ,man.Both are awesome.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Are these from DZ,man.Both are awesome.

Tactical AUG A3P I crafted back when 1.1 hit and used it ever since. AUG A3 Para XS was given to me last night from a friend after completing Falcon Lost.

SASG-12 S was from the Darkzone but I have no idea if it was a supply drop reward or from a boss. I even noticed last night I had an M1A with Deadly, Destructive and Steady in my intentory which I had no idea about lol.

I've also just crafted some Sentry gear and replaced my Striker kneepads and Savage gloves now my DPS is 305,000 with 340,00 Toughness and 18,000 Skill Power. I will miss the Striker bonus so I'll have to try it out because that was coming real handy up at DZ06 against heavies.

Quazar

So what's idea health with 75% mitigation? I'm at 104K. I was dancing with six rogues for like 5-7minutes before one managed to sticky me. It was hilarious

deadduck

So what's idea health with 75% mitigation? I'm at 104K. I was dancing with six rogues for like 5-7minutes before one managed to sticky me. It was hilarious

90-100k is decent.

130+ is tank. Run 2 part final measure and those stickies won't do much.

Top Bottom