• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

The weekly vendor restock has been useless for weeks now. No Firearms or Stamina mod blueprints and awful weapons.

What is the point of DZ Funds and PxC if there is nothing to buy weekly?

Regular credits are the only useful currency lately for recalibration but that's it. 3 currencies and only 1 is useful for 1 purpose. I've completely stopped doing daily assignments or missions. I do the Dark Zone one for the free 7500 XP and that's it.

I'm at 222 Gear Score with 230k DPS/Firearms, 435k Toughness (75% mitigation, 40% exotic damage resilience) and 15k electronics. Heavy emphasis on critical hit chance/damage and headshot damage in my build with 3/3 sentry and striker. The only thing I would want to improve is my Electronics but nothing more will majorly change the way the game plays for me at this point.

At this point I run DZ05-06 when I log in for drops and that's it. The Incursions and HVT seem like more work for less rewards. I'm married with 4 kids so I would rather run DZ05-06 than take more time for Incursions and HVTs when I have the time to play. With the expansion not hitting until July sometime for PC/PS4 I don't see much changing until then.

The game needs a HEAVY rebalancing for weapons, talents, skills etc. it's just so unbalanced and it seems to have gotten worse where Toughness is now key for PvP and like the video showing above its just a clusterfuck when going rogue or hunting rogues. The strategy of a cover based shooter is tossed out the window for this mess. We need new weapon classes and changes to current weapon classes as well. Everyone still uses the same setup and it gets boring fassssttt. There literally hasn't been any of this since launch. They changed Sentry and Balanced/Brutal but that's it, and it was more a fix than a change since those were just broken from the start.

deafmedal

meh you can tank those explosive headshots easily now

I'm not complaining though, when those dudes were chasing us around last night (in the same area as the beginning of that video lol) it was easier to survive, before the patch they would have nuked me soooo much quicker, especially when all four of them were chasing me by myself and I managed to duck 'em and slide into the dz4 safe house. I know those dudes were pissed :)

Downside is they are harder to drop as well. Good runs last night, those gloves you gave me worked with a mask I picked up and I was able to increase my dps by about 6k (heh) and my toughness almost 25k and maintain mitigation and build plus my e-peen grew from 217 to 222 :) Fung Shui won't be able to resist me now ;)

Mullah88

Got room for 1 more on PS4. DZ 201+

add me and join up EL_CUCO305

lol about last night, had one too many drinks and forgot that i had the game running smh.

anyways 4 set tactician authority (28k skill power) with 119k health at 515k toughness is the best thing ever! playing a support role with overdose and pulse scan, even with a 112k dps, with the pulse my crit hit jumps to 95k combined with the mp5 RoF and mag size. had a rogue battle that lasted almost 5 minutes from overdosing and rolling about till my team spawned back and rinse repeat, they actually stopped focusing on me lol. i tried going back to a dps/health(toughness) build but it wasnt as fun as having your skills up within seconds of popping them (skill haste 30%) and the mp5 has the talent that cools down skills.

just need to find a way to survive those god awful flames....75% exotic damage resilience wasnt doing it

Chappie was straight up tanking cleaners while running solo last night. Dropping them with a shotgun. It was amazing.

DZ was dropping me nothing but shotties earlier today, found a really good one that wrecks up close but my tank build is still not where I want it to be, if only those damn final measure 240's would drop more consistently.

We hit 6-7 dz05-06 supply drops in our session earlier and most of the 240 drops were friking nomad pieces...bleh

Logging on in a bit if you guys are running anything today. (Cuco and DJ)

I can do the weekly HVT's if you haven't done them already. Ran DZ with phenom and deafmedal earlier so probably won't have time for another DZ run until tomorrow.

just need to find a way to survive those god awful flames....75% exotic damage resilience wasnt doing it

Just missing FM 2 set with good stats for my tank build. Already at 500k toughness on my tank with 4 piece tactician and 2 striker/sentry, but need that Erotic damage resilience to complement the toughness.

Also still using my 182 crafted MP5 from 2 months ago. Just can't give it up.

GazzaGSi

anyways 4 set tactician authority (28k skill power) with 119k health at 515k toughness is the best thing ever! playing a support role with overdose and pulse scan, even with a 112k dps, with the pulse my crit hit jumps to 95k combined with the mp5 RoF and mag size. had a rogue battle that lasted almost 5 minutes from overdosing and rolling about till my team spawned back and rinse repeat, they actually stopped focusing on me lol. i tried going back to a dps/health(toughness) build but it wasnt as fun as having your skills up within seconds of popping them (skill haste 30%) and the mp5 has the talent that cools down skills.

I really ought to give a set like this a try. I'm still focused on dps and toughness with like 11k skill or a little more. What really opened my eyes to a skill setup was running the incursion with a guy who was setup purely for skill and keeping us alive and boy did he. Constant health stations, green goo flying around and survival links activity every minute or so was awesome, walked it in like 7 or 8 minutes, the longest part was walking with them fuses lol

Mullah88

Just missing FM 2 set with good stats for my tank build. Already at 500k toughness on my tank with 4 piece tactician and 2 striker/sentry, but need that Erotic damage resilience to complement the toughness.

Also still using my 182 crafted MP5 from 2 months ago. Just can't give it up.

yeah had two final measures and one other gear had 25% exotic damage resilience on it. equipped it and went into the dz6 contaminated zone....didnt end well, dropped as fast as before.

MP5 is life....till an MP7 drops

yup gazza, thats the same reason i went with a tactician build and having the 4 set piece, your skill power scales beautifully. i just cant revert back to what i had before, having that constant overheal is a godsend but the key is being in a group and running triage (if you dont have any skill haste mods)....also group members should have a hive mind instead of running off to go do there own thing. met another guy that has a high skill power build and he runs the sticky bomb for rogue hunts and sticky flash for dz6 farming and we two man it most of the time

deafmedal

but can you survive a lvl 34 heavy cleaner flamethrower spray or a tear gas grenade? :p

Nades were alright but those damn flames, not sure lasting an extra second or two is too big a deal lol!

Chappie was straight up tanking cleaners while running solo last night. Dropping them with a shotgun. It was amazing.
34 cleaners?! Damn... I may try a shotty soon, got a decent looking one last night, I think it's the only weapon type I haven't used yet in retail lol, still need that trophy 0_o

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What shotgun was it? I'm running with a Black Market SASG-12 S with Destructive, Brutal and Accurate which does really well against Rogues but I've not found it effective against mobs in the DZ.

EL CUCO

I think it was that one or a Super 90, Vetro. He had like 15 shots.

Thanks for the HVT's, DJ and Grim. Gonna get off for a bit. I owe you guys some HVT missions!

I really ought to give a set like this a try. I'm still focused on dps and toughness with like 11k skill or a little more. What really opened my eyes to a skill setup was running the incursion with a guy who was setup purely for skill and keeping us alive and boy did he. Constant health stations, green goo flying around and survival links activity every minute or so was awesome, walked it in like 7 or 8 minutes, the longest part was walking with them fuses lol

If you're talking about Kopyasu, yes his tactician was awesome.

He deleted the game 2 days ago :(

What shotgun was it? I'm running with a Black Market SASG-12 S with Destructive, Brutal and Accurate which does really well against Rogues but I've not found it effective against mobs in the DZ.

I'm running BM SASG-12 with Brutal, Deadly and Responsive. It shreds rogues and if I'm running 4 sentry, I can triple tap 34 NPC.s

GazzaGSi

yup gazza, thats the same reason i went with a tactician build and having the 4 set piece, your skill power scales beautifully. i just cant revert back to what i had before, having that constant overheal is a godsend but the key is being in a group and running triage (if you dont have any skill haste mods)....also group members should have a hive mind instead of running off to go do there own thing. met another guy that has a high skill power build and he runs the sticky bomb for rogue hunts and sticky flash for dz6 farming and we two man it most of the time

Fortunately I've been stashing a load of other gear sets for when this day happens and it looks like it's not too far off where I spend acouple of hours building a new loadout... Damn massive for not having alternate loadouts for your character!

If you're talking about Kopyasu, yes his tactician was awesome.

He deleted the game 2 days ago :9

If a Darth Vader Noooooo.gif was ever more needed it's now lol hmm looks like my skill build is coming sooner than expected!

Played for about 3hrs this morning, got DELTA'd 6 times. Never had this happen this often. Could it be an issue with my router?? When it happens I get maintenance message saying it's Friday (lol). So idk if it's me or the game. If it is the game though, I don't see people complaining about it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If you get rewarded the Lone Star gear set keep them regardless of the attributes and ratings. Equipping the Police backpack with 2 Lone Star pieces you get so much ammo. I usually ran just with the backpack for Medic and Police but I'm gonna roll with these as well.

Basically gone from holding the standard 850 on my AUG to just under 2,000 bullets. So worth switching at checkpoints and safehouses in the DarkZone. It's like a 175% increase.

I'm running BM SASG-12 with Brutal, Deadly and Responsive. It shreds rogues and if I'm running 4 sentry, I can triple tap 34 NPC.s

Nice roll man, was that a drop or crafted? I had mad a few but they were quite poor Talent wise then I got my best one from a Supply Drop.

I think it was that one or a Super 90, Vetro. He had like 15 shots.

Thanks for the HVT's, DJ and Grim. Gonna get off for a bit. I owe you guys some HVT missions!

I've got mine to 14 shots so might be the SASG. Haven't tried out a Super 90 but have tried the M870 which had the bang but was quite slow.

EL CUCO

11 people on my friends list playing The Division, when it's usually about 2. Must be the Jake Gyllenhaal hype
kappa

TsuWave

so what's the general consensus, 2 final measures + 3 strikers and savage gloves or 2 final measures + another combination (i've noticed a lot of people using predators)

i'm trying to incorporate the exotic damage resilience from the final measure pieces but i'm not sure which combination is best to go along with it and would appreciate some opinions before i start recalibrating stuff.

SkylineRKR

Crafting sucks, I agree. And weapon parts aren't even the problem anymore, I got the point where I just sell weapons off.

But dem Tools man. It seems weapons drop 90% of the time now. Daily CM give me like 2x SRS and one SASG for the last few days.

30 hours? It's like 10-12 hour campaign, and if you do side missions to level up to 30 and unlock the base, you'd need roughly 16-18 hours at best. Faster if you matchmake or play with others.

Pretty easy to do solo, just play on normal - don't bother with hard missions, not worth the time or effort until you get to level 30.

30 hours? It's like 10-12 hour campaign, and if you do side missions to level up to 30 and unlock the base, you'd need roughly 16-18 hours at best. Faster if you matchmake or play with others.

Pretty easy to do solo, just play on normal - don't bother with hard missions, not worth the time or effort until you get to level 30.

I got all of the collectibles as I played the campaign, did all of the side missions too. That may be why.

Thanks for the replies. I had thought I'd read it was 12-15 hours long, so 30 shocked me, but that makes sense given what you posted afterwards.

I'm thinking about borrowing it from the library and may only be able to for a week. I don't game a lot anymore, because of my depression, but would like to play through this.

Wolfe

Guys, enough with the comments about "oh that new BoO AUG is nice, too bad it's 182..." I mean I know there hasn't been many like that yet but it still looks silly anytime I see it.

GS doesn't mean jack shit unless the rolls are all near max quality, my 182 AK-74 still fucks every other AR I've found up due to the nearly (it's less than 50 dmg off) max damage roll and 3 nice to decent talents. Hell my 163 Socom M1A is still the best HR I've found/crafted as well.

That was hard to watch, well the minute or so I did watch before closing it lol.

Wolfe

Thanks for the replies. I had thought I'd read it was 12-15 hours long, so 30 shocked me, but that makes sense given what you posted afterwards.

I'm thinking about borrowing it from the library and may only be able to for a week. I don't game a lot anymore, because of my depression, but would like to play through this.

I would recommend it, playing all of the single player/PVE content while leveling up to 30 was a lot of fun. Exploring the city, playing the missions solo but having them actually be challenging (after 30 Challenging difficulty is too hard to solo [for the most part] and Hard difficulty is rather easy and unchallenging lol) was intense and rather rewarding when you beat them even if the gear you get is junk due to being leveling up gear.

Got to play a few minutes with DeathJr today. Unfortunately I had to go to work... :(

Tomorrow's my day off tho... if possible I'd like to play with you guys again :)

edukate

Anyone up for some DZ around 11pm est? Finally have a legit sentry build I'd like to test drive instead of the usual tactician I run.

Psn LuckyDoobage

Top Bottom