• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Anybody who enjoys watching an old man (well, I'm almost 40) stream Dark Zone PVP shenanigans with moderate success and possibly be entertained by witty and saucy banter please check out my twitch channel: twitch.tv/wheelhoss1

I stream most afternoons and evenings kind of at random times (basically when I'm taking a break from writing or practicing guitar). And I have a camera. So follow my channel, turn on Source so it looks decent, turn on notifications so the app tells you when I'm on, and watch. I promise you, you won't regret it.

Current fun thing I'm doing is saving 15 green sealed caches and then opening them all at once on the stream. I just opened 11 and had dudes watching all over the world. Got some great loot, too, some great Striker pieces, especially.

Give a brother a chance and support a fellow Gafer. Check out my stream!

twitch.tv/wheelhoss1

Seems like everyone is trying sticky build now, out of boredom perhaps?

That's one reason, yes. But more importantly, because build diversity is possible now and the whole dps-centric meta is shifting. With the weapon balancing patch due, we should see more variety in the use of different builds.

If they can't give us more content, the least they can try is to provide multiple ways of playing the same content. That's one way of keeping players interested.

Ted

...is the level 32 extended mag blueprint in the DZ vendor significantly better than the one from the vendor at the base of operations?

143k DZ credits is basically all of what I have so I don't want to spend it if it's not worth it long term.

THanks in advance for any opinions.

darkwing

...is the level 32 extended mag blueprint in the DZ vendor significantly better than the one from the vendor at the base of operations?

143k DZ credits is basically all of what I have so I don't want to spend it if it's not worth it long term.

THanks in advance for any opinions.

for a difference of only a few %, it's not worth it imo, gear mods should be priority

Ted

for a difference of only a few %, it's not worth it imo, gear mods should be priority

Cheers darkwing.

I guess the same question applies for these then, is there a significant difference between the ones from the BoO for Px credit (lvl 31?) vs the lvl 32 ones from DZ for DZ credit (200K+)?

Seems like everyone is trying sticky build now, out of boredom perhaps?

I switched to it because it became much more useful for my build-type in FL CM and CS Incursions and have never even thought about looking back.

Edit: To expand, Sticky Bomb w/ Flashbang in combination with the Health on Kill major skill attribute and weapon talents like Self-preserved make it an incredible life-saver as I like to play up-close and personal with elite mobs and such. Currently running a 215K DPS (No accuracy mods), 400K Toughness (75% Armor Mitigation), and 20K Skill build. I got a Converted SMG-9 w/ Self-preserved and Deadly, simply love it.

EL CUCO

I think I need a new primary. The BOO Aug from about month back isn't cutting it in PVP anymore. Everybody is so squirly thats its hard for me to kill anybody without using some sort of CC. Need something with some more burst damage.

120v

I moved up to the 201+ dz with my GS being 189. Really not ready with this build yet so I deconstructed some of the high level gear I've been holding onto... still getting thrown into 201

Would getting rid of items in my stash help? I'd rather not but if it's what I have to do...

GazzaGSi

Finally I can join in with the M44 lovers out there, wow this thing is immense. Got an awesome roll on a 204 from the Q building dude in DZ06 afew days ago and have been trying it out since instead of my 163 M1A (the rolls on that are better than any M1A I've picked up since no matter the GS) and haven't gone back to it since. Yep the fire rate is better on the M1A but I don't need the multiple shots anymore. With my pulse out I'm getting crit shots over 1.4mil, need to try it with smart cover and pulse. PVP up close and personal is a different story but I never really used the M1A up close anyway. Yesterday I got 1 shot off on a rogue to the tip of his skull while I was meeting up with my group and he was full health and around half overdose and it dropped him to his knees. I got dicked afterwards when kicking him down but was still awesome :)

Completing Clear Sky with PUGs is impossible isn't it. After trying with 4 different groups, making it as far as the last battle, everyone dies to the damned mortars. Had to put the controller down because the frustration lol.

EL CUCO

Completing Clear Sky with PUGs is impossible isn't it. After trying with 4 different groups, making it as far as the last battle, everyone dies to the damned mortars. Had to put the controller down because the frustration lol.
Need to get lucky and matchmake with a good or atleast decent group

deadduck

It's not, MM it 5/5 times today. Even had a CM FL MM success (2 fails)!

CS can bug out and send a mortar every 5 seconds and you seem to take more damage too, that can really mess things up. The end is hectic without that shit.

TsuWave

yet to see a i33 mod drop. starting to think they are a myth.

also got an mp7 with brutal and unforgiving, i heard good things about mp7 so might give it a run.

SkylineRKR

Last 5 or so times were clears without wipe. I think GS is shit, but most clears were with at least 2 people at 210+ who have a bigger chance of high toughness and can tank hits. You'll need 300k+ toughness (and high mitigation) to survive the crossfires. I started to hit that with a 240 piece I got from HVT, getting me at 200+ GS and now I even run batteries. If I fall down, its because of a stray mortar (need just one FM piece to drop). Mostly when its raining mortars in an unusual fashion, which is a bug.

With communication you can do it with lower stats, but most PUGs are without so you simply need to be able to hold your own.

I also cleared it when I was still at 200k toughness, but I felt sort of like a liability.

spyder_ur

you get dailies back. weeklies you gotta pay again.

Damn, how am I supposed to get them done then without a set group of friends? I open up my group but noone joins, when I go into the mission area I can't matchmake and the timer starts. The moment when I leave I get a counter to return to the mission area and if I don't then I lose the mission.

GazzaGSi

Damn, how am I supposed to get them done then without a set group of friends? I open up my group but noone joins, when I go into the mission area I can't matchmake and the timer starts. The moment when I leave I get a counter to return to the mission area and if I don't then I lose the mission.

Group up at the Hudson camp, there's a computer to matchmake for free roam. Most people doing HVT missions that need a group will be doing the same at this spot.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I think they've changed the weekly HVT. Other day I solo'd the hardest one and died after the boss came out. When I went back to the BoO instead of having to pay Intel again it said something like "Retry High Value Target".

spyder_ur

I am going to put this game down again still without completing either of the incursions. This one seems more straightforward, but it just seems pointless with randoms. They just stay back and never move.

What would be an ideal loadout for CS in terms of gear sets and skills?

deafmedal

Yeah, it's spotty at best when people are on and I don't blame them as this game has serious issues but hell, I still enjoy it. I'm pretty sure we've played Destiny together before, feel free to add me but I'm a weekend warrior mostly. The cost of doing one weekly is 2 hours of DZ time tho ;)

edit: down to help with those (incursions) as well if you stick around :(

Other day I solo'd the hardest one
Other day I solo'd
0_o

geez i sux

I am going to put this game down again still without completing either of the incursions. This one seems more straightforward, but it just seems pointless with randoms. They just stay back and never move.

Hit me up next time you seen me on and we'll try to get 2 more to run an Incursion. Stuck at work today but I'll be home all day tomorrow.

Finally I can join in with the M44 lovers out there, wow this thing is immense. Got an awesome roll on a 204 from the Q building dude in DZ06 afew days ago and have been trying it out since instead of my 163 M1A (the rolls on that are better than any M1A I've picked up since no matter the GS) and haven't gone back to it since. Yep the fire rate is better on the M1A but I don't need the multiple shots anymore. With my pulse out I'm getting crit shots over 1.4mil, need to try it with smart cover and pulse. PVP up close and personal is a different story but I never really used the M1A up close anyway. Yesterday I got 1 shot off on a rogue to the tip of his skull while I was meeting up with my group and he was full health and around half overdose and it dropped him to his knees. I got dicked afterwards when kicking him down but was still awesome :)

Bolt-action rifles are the best. You'll love it when you crit a boss with a 2 million headshot and insta-kill him :p

If you want to run weeklies and Incursion (they have reset) I can help.

geez i sux

lol, the weeklies are hard but not hard enough that you can't solo them.

Hang back and snipe. 4-set sentry makes it easy. Just have to be efficient enough to trigger the boss wave before the timer runs out.

But it's really pointless to solo simply because in a group you have the option to trade the drops. 4 chances of getting a badly rolled lone star set > 1 chance of getting a badly rolled lone star :p

Tried CS once more with PUGs. We managed to kill the boss and died to the remaining enemies... SIGH. At least I nabbed my loot before that happened and one of them quit, which lead to us all having to leave because of not being able to bring anyone else in.

This is what I'm currently working with:

K1GkgyX.jpg
Obviously nothing to be too proud of, but now I can at least take quite a few more hits. Health is at 94k, with mitigation of 71.28%.

Tried CS once more with PUGs. We managed to kill the boss and died to the remaining enemies... SIGH. At least I nabbed my loot before that happened and one of them quit, which lead to us all having to leave because of not being able to bring anyone else in.

This is what I'm currently working with:

Obviously nothing to be too proud of, but now I can at least take quite a few more hits. Health is at 94k, with mitigation of 71.28%.

More or less running same stats as yourself. I have 3 lonestar and 3 final measure equipped though.

deadduck

If people want a hand with CS on PS4 I can help tonight around 8pm GMT (might be able to do a few around 4:30 till 5pm GMT too).

One other geared player would be handy.

Khasim

I tried to solo the last daily HVT the other day and I discovered something interesting. If you make it to the boss wave, kill the boss but leave some adds alive, you can loot the boss, die and repeat the mission. Obviously you don't get the mission rewards, but you can farm boss drops. Considering they have a small chance of dropping a 240, I think it may actually be worth it.

I'm running a skill power build (48k ATM with 2 TA pieces), I run with Pulse and Support Station with +ammo, makes me nigh unkillable (only grenades can kill me). It's a great and easy way to solo the daily group HVTs. Really helps with my mood after I rage after some failed CM incursions.

I tried to solo the last daily HVT the other day and I discovered something interesting. If you make it to the boss wave, kill the boss but leave some adds alive, you can loot the boss, die and repeat the mission. Obviously you don't get the mission rewards, but you can farm boss drops. Considering they have a small chance of dropping a 240, I think it may actually be worth it.

That still works? Massive rushed a patch to stop the hvt farm last week lol

Anyway it's really pointless if it still works because nobody wants all that lone star gear!

GazzaGSi

Got millions of credits and nothing to spend them on...

Blew 1.2 mil trying to reroll higher stamina so I'm pretty short now too lol
I haven't tried the farm since the patch they're normally pretty good at fixing things that are too good for the user ;-)

EL CUCO

I used matchmaking to run some DZ for the first time, yesterday. Nobody had a mic. We were doing great clearing mobs in 05 and 06. Then we ran into a another group of 4 that was dead set on going Rogue on sight and it all went down hill from there lol

Top Bottom