• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I got a 204 Aug yesterday and it has self-preserved in the 3rd (free) slot.
I'm definitely using it with my "tanktician" build that can't unlock any weapon talents, but I don't know if I should also use it with my 3/3 Striker/Sentry DPS build.
The other 2 talents require 2000+ Electronics and there's no way I can unlock them.
Is it worth it to leave behind the popular Aug from the BoO that I (and everyone else) got about a month ago (Brutal, Ferocious, Meticulous)?

guys where to get better weapons?

i'm only doing around 110-115k DPS with my primary weapon

what do you get for

CLEAR SKY?
FALCON LOST?

guys where to get better weapons?

i'm only doing around 110-115k DPS with my primary weapon

what do you get for

CLEAR SKY?
FALCON LOST?
Google Division Loot Table 1.2 for the breakdown of drops. My advice would be to hit the Darkzone. Bosses/supply drops, you'll be rolling in 204 weapons in a few hours (my stash is completely full of them).

I'm currently at 36K skill power and it feels nice. I can melt through gold enemies pretty easily despite my DPS being 120K. Thanks to Smart Cover and Pulse, I'm always dumping critical hits.

Pulse + Recharger Smart Cover + Tech Support

My Smart Cover can usually stay up for an entire encounter. I really like this build.

Hung Wei Lo

Eeek.

After taking a slight break + Uncharted + vacation, I hopped on to see where I stand. 180k Toughness LOL
I mean help.

GazzaGSi

I'm heading on now for acouple of hours if anyone wants to do clear skies or roam the dz. PSN ID is the same as my username here, just put divgaf so I know you've seen it here. Cheers

PLENTY OF STEALTH NERFS JUST FOUND

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4myqh2/stealth_crit_hit_chance_nerf/

Apparently Massive nerfed a bunch of stuff with the last update (the one they had to do twice last week).

Critical Hit Chance caps out at 60% even when using Pulse, Smart Cover nerf, drop nerf in the 201+ DZ Bracket and plenty more. Massive has replied themselves too. Their excuse is that they forgot to put it in the patch notes. Fuck off. This has happened so many times now.

What a bunch of bullshit. This stuff is getting tiresome.

All the loot drop changes and such were the only good thing 1.2 added. After weeks of playing I find that Clear Sky is boring just like Falcon Lost, weapon meta is the same (some shotgun and sticky bomb use increase but nothin drastic), skill meta is the same, HVTs are not fun new content, etc.

Underground is my last attempt with this game. If that doesn't deliver or make the game anything more than a clusterfuck in PvP and no substantial PvE content I am out.

I dropped an M4 with brutal, ferocious, balanced with 11.3k native damage. Thing is a beast, but I can't control the damned thing.

With mods I have it at 210k dps. My BoO AUG is at 230k for reference.

I am strongly considering a strikers/predator build at this point.

EL CUCO

Good, that was all broken.
Lol pretty much.

Yannick made a statement on Reddit this morning saying they're looking to improve the process internally in an attempt to make sure stuff isn't left out of the patch notes, going forward. Seems like this got swept under the "and many more bug fixes" rug.

Hyperbole culture gonna Hyperbole tho.

kriskrosbbk

Did you notice any drops nerf recently?Me and my group were all evening in DZ05/06 and I did not get a single "green" item.We went to extract in DZ06 and there were two yellow beams of died agents , one of three items the other one of five,again not a single green.I dont know ,they were raining before especially in 5/6 DZ.

edit:Nevermind just find my answer,first page on Reddit:/

https://m.reddit.com/r/thedivision/...ve_did_you_nerf_the_drop_rates_in_dz_bracket/

ManCannon

Stealth drop nerfs eh? That definitely explains it.. I got probably 5 or more green drops in DZ5-6 every 90 minutes of play prior to last week's update. I got one green drop over the last two days combined. (not including supply drops)

IMO the 240 green hose was set way too high to begin with but not a fan of random retroactive stealth "corrections." (Tho surely they wanted to rain greens right at the patch release to make everyone feel good about the game)

At least I know it's not just a terrible bout of RNG the last few sessions

deadduck

Lol pretty much.

Yannick made a statement on Reddit this morning saying they're looking to improve the process internally in an attempt to make sure stuff isn't left out of the patch notes, going forward. Seems like this got swept under the "and many more bug fixes" rug.

Crit chance was broken and fixing it make the builds, weapons and skills more diverse.

Reminds me of Destiny when the matchmaking team made changes and didn't communicate it to the rest, it got missed out and everyone threw their toys out of the pram.

I don't agree with the green drop nerf, at all, poor decision and goes against their 'positive' approach with 1.2 that was generally well received. Their pendulum is heavy and swings too far each time.

EL CUCO

I feel like the Gearset cache drop rate is perfect right now. In a full stash I seem to always get atleast 2 or 3 to drop (I mostly stay in 05 and 06). If they dropped like candy, like they were for week one, it'd make Supply Drops kinda useless again.

Bad RNG is bad RNG tho. That can still happen to anyone.

**Goes into DZ, picks up another green cache**
get rekt, Moldsoss :p

MildSoss

I feel like the Gearset cache drop rate is perfect right now. In a full stash I seem to always get atleast 2 or 3 to drop (I mostly stay in 05 and 06). If they dropped like candy, like they were for week one, it'd make Supply Drops kinda useless again.

Bad RNG is bad RNG tho. That can still happen to anyone.
latest

Lol pretty much.

Hyperbole?

It's been happening since launch that important stats like DPS numbers, skill % ceilings (such as the max for resistances, scavenging etc remain nebulous) and more details that we have no idea how they properly work in this game.

It's embarrassing that people have to do their own testing to alert people to not waste their one recalibration raising a stat/skill that had an unknown ceiling or one that Massive just chooses to implement and not say anything. How are you supposed to properly play and invest into a min/max type of leveling/RPG system when the numbers are broken, unknown or constantly changing without knowing.

It's ridiculous and amateurish.

GazzaGSi

First DZ bag of the evening. Idk what to say other than RNG gonna RNG.. thanks for the quick run, J rocca and Gazza. Had to jump off to grab some dinner

No problem was a good little blast when you joined. Will send you a FR for some more in the future.

I noticed the gearset loot had slowed down abit but imo the drop rate is about right. Tonight I ran Q building, midtown and the pit in a loop for around 3-4 hours and at every extraction I'd have 1 or 2 gearset items or a green sealed cache whereas last week it was probably 5/6 items per extraction. Kinda keeps it a little exciting like when High Ends used to be sacred :)

Tired of these damn lmg's though that's for sure.

fr0st

Banned
No problem was a good little blast when you joined. Will send you a FR for some more in the future.

I noticed the gearset loot had slowed down abit but imo the drop rate is about right. Tonight I ran Q building, midtown and the pit in a loop for around 3-4 hours and at every extraction I'd have 1 or 2 gearset items or a green sealed cache whereas last week it was probably 5/6 items per extraction. Kinda keeps it a little exciting like when High Ends used to be sacred :)

Tired of these damn lmg's though that's for sure.
I got 7 green caches but no outright set drops. Lots of lmgs and pistols too lol. I take the weapon or gear mods from the DZ chests for some parts as well.

Also is stupid how much damage lvl 34 NPCs do. I have 131k HP with 75% armor and I still go down in 3-4 shots.

Also nice run but I had to go to the post office cause fed ex fucked up my delivery.

GazzaGSi

I got 7 green caches but no outright set drops. Lots of lmgs and pistols too lol. I take the weapon or gear mods from the DZ chests for some parts as well.

Also is stupid how much damage lvl 34 NPCs do. I have 131k HP with 75% armor and I still go down in 3-4 shots.

Also nice run but I had to go to the post office cause fed ex fucked up my delivery.

Yeah out of everything it's tools I'm short of now but at least they're easier to come by compared to division tech last month.

Damn that is good, what's your overall toughness with 131k health and max armour mitigation?

Hunters faith holsters mainly for me tonight with acouple of Final measure drops. Got a really good M44 too but the headshot damage is almost 20% less than what my current one has which is a shame as it had some nice talents.

Was good fun, thanks for the runs. Now it takes abit longer to clear an area them 3 landmarks are nearly always available in a loop if the server isn't busy up there, pretty much clear the 3rd in the loop and the first pops back up.

vivftp

What the heck... was clearing some locations in the DZ solo and on 2 separate occasions I got server transferred! Bloody hell that's annoying. Both times I'm down to about 1 or 2 enemies left (didn't pick up my loot yet either) and BAM! all the enemies respawn around me.

fr0st

Banned
Yeah out of everything it's tools I'm short of now but at least they're easier to come by compared to division tech last month.

Damn that is good, what's your overall toughness with 131k health and max armour mitigation?

Hunters faith holsters mainly for me tonight with acouple of Final measure drops. Got a really good M44 too but the headshot damage is almost 20% less than what my current one has which is a shame as it had some nice talents.

Was good fun, thanks for the runs. Now it takes abit longer to clear an area them 3 landmarks are nearly always available in a loop if the server isn't busy up there, pretty much clear the 3rd in the loop and the first pops back up.
550k but I have no exotic damage resilience so the flamethrowers eat me alive.

Supply drops need to be more frequent. At best you can get 2 supply drops if you're running with a good team in DZ 5-6. The DZ needs more stuff to do desperately.

I think the rates are just about right except for the abundance of LMGs that drop in DZ 5/6 for me.

Shotguns and sidearms for me.

First DZ bag of the evening. Idk what to say other than RNG gonna RNG.. thanks for the quick run, J rocca and Gazza. Had to jump off to grab some dinner

not sure why you're so excited about a vest of the nomad :p

xclaw

Flipped over to a 4 x lone star and 2 x sentry (240) build to see if I could play a build I actually like. Love the instant mag fill but......

No dice, instant death and you can't hold out doing a LMG suppression w/o getting 1 or 2 shot by snipers or shotgunners.

Not impressed.

Working on seeing what +230 toughness can do but I miss the 350+ sentry striker build already.

Wow just wow, Marco speculating that certain talents on weapon drops and crafts roll according to the day, and he's tested it a fair bit and would like to put it out there for us to try and experiment.

No wonder Massive stopped talking to him...lol

TsuWave

I'm currently at 36K skill power and it feels nice. I can melt through gold enemies pretty easily despite my DPS being 120K. Thanks to Smart Cover and Pulse, I'm always dumping critical hits.

Pulse + Recharger Smart Cover + Tech Support

My Smart Cover can usually stay up for an entire encounter. I really like this build.

sounds like that works best in a group

Flipped over to a 4 x lone star and 2 x sentry (240) build to see if I could play a build I actually like. Love the instant mag fill but......

No dice, instant death and you can't hold out doing a LMG suppression w/o getting 1 or 2 shot by snipers or shotgunners.

Not impressed.

Working on seeing what +230 toughness can do but I miss the 350+ sentry striker build already.

Aside from the guns needing balanced, the AI doesn't really allow for tactics such as LMG suppression. Especially with LMB just rushing the whole time. Couple that with lvl 32-34 mobs in CM incursion and 201+ DZ, it just does not work and will not work without major changes to systems.

Another reason the SMG/MMR meta will continue to rule the day.

EL CUCO

Wow just wow, Marco speculating that certain talents on weapon drops and crafts roll according to the day, and he's tested it a fair bit and would like to put it out there for us to try and experiment.

No wonder Massive stopped talking to him...lol
Lol Marco is off his rocker, man. Bad RNG can make a man go crazy

Lol Marco is off his rocker, man. Bad RNG can make a man go crazy

Haha it's really hard to believe but he did say that he was going to upload a video after more testing. Given with the kind of shit Massive has pulled, I would not put this past them. It may be an unintended bug like most bugs lol

darkwing

Not impressed.

yup LMG just plain sucks, AR is much better, but then again SMG is the best because of the enemies just rushing you lol

EL CUCO

Haha it's really hard to believe but he did say that he was going to upload a video after more testing. Given with the kind of shit Massive has pulled, I would not put this past them. It may be an unintended bug like most bugs lol
Yeah that would be an interesting video, but you'd think with all these people that data mine the game it would've been known by now.

That was a cool conversation they had tho. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting. It helped me get through some morning traffic easier lol

Yeah that would be an interesting video, but you'd think with all these people that data mine the game it would've been known by now.

That was a cool conversation they had tho. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting. It helped me get through some morning traffic easier lol

Yeah I do wish Massive would take note and incorporate some of their ideas and suggestions into their updates.

It was funny though to hear them what would the game be like 2 years from today, lol. Ubisoft will be pushing for Division 3 by that time :p

GazzaGSi

550k but I have no exotic damage resilience so the flamethrowers eat me alive.

Nice. I don't mind the flamethrowers if you can hang back abit, I can take some flame damage but not a great deal. It's when you run round a blind corner and there's a group right there that you almost headbutt where it's instadeath for me.

Top Bottom