• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

ManCannon

What the heck... was clearing some locations in the DZ solo and on 2 separate occasions I got server transferred! Bloody hell that's annoying. Both times I'm down to about 1 or 2 enemies left (didn't pick up my loot yet either) and BAM! all the enemies respawn around me.

Hate when this happens!
Yesterday started a random group and we enter DZ6 and all landmarks are up... sweet! Then suddenly server transfer and bam, every area already cleared. :(

Then later in a diff group we enter Q building and start to clear... next thing we know random arbitrary server transfer and bam, we appear right on top of six other agents fighting a room of elites. Total clusterf*k. Much accidental rogue, much death. > <

Due tomorrow:

Here is the list of changes to be implemented with the June 9th maintenance:

Fixed instances of players being teleported automatically to the Safehouse/Checkpoint in some areas of the DZ06 and an electronic store in the Open World
Moved the no-respawn zone at the entrance of Clear Sky to reduce the risk of players mistakenly entering the Instance before the group was formed
Activated Clear Sky Challenge Mode

Haven't been playing. Just Overwatch here and there and now Odin Sphere was added to the fray. Maybe once I watch Underground's stuff I'll get a bit excited and go back, but as it stands because I am on PS4, I am not getting new content until at least the end of July. May as well take a break for now instead of burning myself out and never come back.

EL CUCO

StreamerHouse vs Iam_Chappie 4v4 is going on now.
http://www.twitch.tv/streamerhouse?sr=a
or
http://www.twitch.tv/iam_chappie?sr=a

God I wish Division had structured PvP

Edit: fight is over.

Changelog for tonight's maintenence

•Fixed instances of players being teleported automatically to the Safehouse/Checkpoint in some areas of the DZ06 and an electronic store in the Open World
•Moved the no-respawn zone at the entrance of Clear Sky to reduce the risk of players mistakenly entering the Instance before the group was formed
•Activated Clear Sky Challenge Mode

EL CUCO

DZ drop nerf is real. 2 hours without a single green drop, all yellows were pistols or lmgs.

Why u do dis massive?

First time I check this thread in a week and this is the first thing I see. They really hate players don't they. lol
There wasn't a nerf tho. So Marco could keep crying about his poop RNG :p
There was no change to the Dark Zone drops since the release of Update 1.2. I’ve confirmed that with the team.

Actually, to be sure that there wasn’t something unintended that made its way to the game, we also looked at the actual drop rates in the Dark Zone (not the theoretical ones, but how many times Gear Set items actually dropped in the DZ), and I can confirm that the rate hasn’t changed since May 24.

Yannick
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...you_nerf_the_drop_rates_in_dz_bracket/d40rlk0

TsuWave

DZ fights are a borefest and its damn near impossible to take on groups if you're solo now, unless they are pure garbage

10 minutes of shooting each other with damage not catching up to armor+heals, until someone decides to give it up and runs the other day, occasionally you get the skillpower dudes that run around for 30 seconds waiting for their sticky bombs turn around and shoot you with it but 2 piece final measure does its thing and then its rinse and repeat

so comical how many fights i keep seeing being abandoned, you can almost grasp the "fuck this shit" as someone turns around and just goes the other way

Yeah cause no dev has ever lied to their player base *cough*SBMM*cough*

It's not that they are lying, they just don't know about it....yet. They'll come back after couple of weeks saying they found the bug that made every drop in DZ be a LMG or pistol, and all gear sets be Nomads.

There wasn't a nerf tho. So Marco could keep crying about his poop RNG :p

There is a good reason why Massive no longer talk with Marco - he's the only one that has exposed and highlighted so many broken and things not working as intended in the game since launch.

It's not that they are lying, they just don't know about it....yet. They'll come back after couple of weeks saying they found the bug that made every drop in DZ be a LMG or pistol, and all gear sets be Nomads.

There is a good reason why Massive no longer talk with Marco - he's the only one that has exposed and highlighted so many broken and things not working as intended in the game since launch.

I'm just goofing about ppl lying. But I won't be surprised if we're later told the drops are bugged.

MildSoss

Pretty sure Cuco is on that ubisoft payroll, jokes on him though cause once Vivendi buys up ubisoft he's gonna be out of a job. :p

fr0st

Banned
Anyone got a lvl 33 gear mod from the green caches? I got one with 179 stam and 3% signature skill recourse gain. I just deconstructed it since that seconds bonus is useless.

TsuWave

Anyone got a lvl 33 gear mod from the green caches? I got one with 179 stam and 3% signature skill recourse gain. I just deconstructed it since that seconds bonus is useless.

i've opened countless green caches. no level 33 mod for me. its a myth

When I'm in the Dark Zone, I hear my group members no problem through my Xbox One headset. However, any other players we come across are only heard through my TV and not through the headset. It makes it really hard to know if they're about to go rogue on you or not...did I accidentally switch a setting somewhere and if so, anyone know which one?

WTF

The most I got was a lvl 32 with 158 Stamina. Damn.

Edit: man I can mostly play this game in the morning but there's no one online :(

EL CUCO

Sooo, like I said earlier in regards to the stealth DZ "sealed cache nerf" and Marco's crazy talent theory...
Yeah that would be an interesting video, but you'd think with all these people that data mine the game it would've been known by now.
More at the Reddit link, including new weapons
Hello everyone. I have been one of the main dataminers since launch, providing patch related rundowns on the discord server, usually in #theorycrafting. As part of the theorycrafting and datamining discord team, I created the first true skill power calculator that was used in the creation of this site: http://calc.thedivision.rocks/#!/skills

Over the past few months I have seen posts on here receive massive upvotes despite being TOTALLY incorrect information. I would hopefully like to set the record straight on actual changes that have been made.

Hidden changes not in patch notes 1.2:

•60% crit chance cap
•20% elite protection cap
•police-up talent (skill kills have % chance to refill ammo) down to 10% from 25%.
•Falcon lost APC can now only be damaged by planting bomb. This time for good (100% resist to EVERYTHING)
•lots of darkzone drop changes that were made for 1.2 launch only. No additional changes have been made since then.
•Side note on DZ loot: overall should see more weapons, less gear mods, and about the same for armor (though maybe less since weapons now have a higher drop weight).

•changes to skills rolled on gear mods: changed the weight of the rolls so the value is approximately doubled.
•changes to loot drop: lots here, but for the most part it was a reduction in green and blue drops, and an increase for everything else. If you want to know more about the loot drop changes, find the datamine (not too hard with some google) and it's located in roguegame system datajuicelootlootqualitycharts

•hidden buff to scavenging (but nobody wants to test it!)

•ammo found when killing enemies on low ammo has been reduced, it will now be about half.

•specialized talent always set to 15%. Its still bad, dont worry.

To clear up all these wildly incorrect theories from streamers, and overall reddit's awful track record of upvoting bad math:

•Talents on weapons and gear have an equal chance to roll. There is no talent "weight" system where bad talents roll more often. •There are over 30 weapon talents in the game, and the chances of rolling 3 top tier ones is incredibly small. Also, just because you got 5 weapons with provident doesnt mean it occurs more. Anyone can cherry pick sample sizes to their liking.
Update: still, take it with a grain of salt because client side can differ from server side.

deafmedal

Anyone for some DZ action on ps4?
lol what a cluster, glitch teleporting rogues, lag, I was wearing the wrong backpack at first, and those gankers at extract? I escaped them only to be shot down by npcs dropping the only things I wanted to extract!

crazy dz action on a Wednesday night :) thanks for the runs guys, sry to cut out so soon- off to bed.

edukate

lol what a cluster, glitch teleporting rogues, lag, I was wearing the wrong backpack at first, and those gankers at extract? I escaped them only to be shot down by npcs dropping the only things I wanted to extract!

crazy dz action on a Wednesday night :) thanks for the runs guys, sry to cut out so soon- off to bed.

Tell me about it. During that ambush they took my navy mp5. I respawned and we circled back around there only to find most of my loot still intact at the bottom of the extraction area (guess someone took him out shortly after I died). Unfortunately, the navy mp5 had crap rolls :(

TsuWave

Sooo, like I said earlier in regards to the stealth DZ "sealed cache nerf" and Marco's crazy talent theory...

More at the Reddit link, including new weapons

I am now starting to question the client files being correct, but it would be the only instance of it. The recent post by Yannick about no changes to the DZ loot since 1.2 certainly casts doubt to these comments however.

dude's not even sure the client files are correct. said he's gonna be checking them after today's patch again

deadduck

dude's not even sure the client files are correct. said he's gonna be checking them after today's patch again

Massive said a few weeks ago in the weekly sofa chat thing the client flies don't always match the settings, they can be tweaked on the server independently.

Never trust the client.

----

Anyone know if 4 piece FM defuses mortar bombs?

EL CUCO

StreamerHouse cleared CM CS in about 30min. They wiped once with a bunch of close calls.

1 or 2 guys running 4 piece Final Measure with high exotic resilience definitely would make life easier, especially for whoever is walking the plug.

Also, stash size increase confirmed for next client update (1.3) on SOTG.

jbortz78

StreamerHouse cleared CM CS in about 30min. They wiped once with a bunch of close calls.

1 or 2 guys running 4 piece Final Measure with high exotic resilience definitely would make life easier, especially for whoever is walking the plug.

Also, stash size increase confirmed for next client update (1.3) on SOTG.

Yes finally I have space to put all my lonestar gear and shotguns/LMGs!

Top Bottom