• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Looking to return for a bit this weekend, anyone come across any good guides that go through something along the lines "If you are roughly X gear score priorities these activities, if X priorities these" etc etc?

Or even just a nicely laid out info graphic about what drops what. Haven't found it shown in a neat format yet.

Ferny

Looking to return for a bit this weekend, anyone come across any good guides that go through something along the lines "If you are roughly X gear score priorities these activities, if X priorities these" etc etc?

Or even just a nicely laid out info graphic about what drops what. Haven't found it shown in a neat format yet.

I think this is what you want?

tc-the-division-update-1-2-loot-2-0-items-drop-table-v1-678x491.jpg

So what's the verdict with CS CM? Anyone have initial impressions and/or a successful completion?

When there are 5 posts after the launch of a CM incursion, you can gauge the impressions can't you? lol

Haven't logged in all day, but there should be videos on YT and people streaming it on twitch so have a look.

I'm giving it 24 hours before the cheese gets posted online :p

EL CUCO

So what's the verdict with CS CM? Anyone have initial impressions and/or a successful completion?
Unfortunately the community here is dead. Plenty of action on Reddit tho. CM CS looks pretty tough for an inexperienced group. Arrekz has wiped a billion times now (aaand he just quit trying) lol

Once people get a strat down, it should be able to complete in about 15min. Its basically the same encounter with tougher enemies. Squad communication and toughness is needed wayy more than it was for hard mode.

I did it with randoms who were LFG in the BoO chat.
Took us ~3 hours, countless deaths and wipes, many strategy changes, 1 sub of the 4th team member who got disconnected suddenly & a lot of coordination with our mics.
We all got Hunter's Faith loot and shit weapons. I also saw people in the chat saying there's already a cheese. I'd be surprised if there wasn't one on the first day.

So I just jumped in and there were no friends online. I matchmake and get into the DZ. As soon as I get to the check point, two dudes from my team are waiting right on the outside. I thought it was a trap. 'They're gonna kick me and kill me as soon as I go out', I think. So I pretend I'm gonna go out to see their reaction. Nothing. Then I think "well if they DO kick me there's at least some time before they can actually do something to me". I go out. They kick me and start shooting at me. I hold square button and it doesn't open the door, although it's not showing the 'can't leave while in combat' message.

Yup. This is great.

GazzaGSi

Looking at the CM Incursion really makes me want the stamina mod from the darkzone that's currently not there (think it's electronics). I want more health but just seem to be stuck in a hole at the minute trying to improve my current stats. When rolling gear to stamina at the recal station I've also been pretty lucky with the figure it gives in the range being about 10-20 points off the max. Currently sat at max armour with 90k health giving 350k toughness. I can take some good hits but want to be able to take more.

I have 2 gear pieces left that are 214 of my 3/3 striker/sentry build so guess once I get a 240 piece for each the stamina rating will be higher which will help.

Or maybe it's time to drop the 3/3 and move on to something else.

fr0st

Banned
Looking at the CM Incursion really makes me want the stamina mod from the darkzone that's currently not there (think it's electronics). I want more health but just seem to be stuck in a hole at the minute trying to improve my current stats. When rolling gear to stamina at the recal station I've also been pretty lucky with the figure it gives in the range being about 10-20 points off the max. Currently sat at max armour with 90k health giving 350k toughness. I can take some good hits but want to be able to take more.

I have 2 gear pieces left that are 214 of my 3/3 striker/sentry build so guess once I get a 240 piece for each the stamina rating will be higher which will help.

Or maybe it's time to drop the 3/3 and move on to something else.

have you tried the tactician dps build? or tanktician works too

GazzaGSi

have you tried the tactician dps build? or tanktician works too

Haven't tried any others as I wasn't keen on alot of the bonus attributes for 2/3/4 pieces but think it's definitely something I need to do. Fortunately I've kept shed loads of gear set 240's that look decent for when the time comes to rebuild my character. Just a shame theres not a gear load out that can store afew loadouts without having to keep swapping individual pieces. That alone is probably why I haven't tried many other sets as it gets tedious keep swapping back and fourth when you're doing different activities.

Yup, swapping loadouts is a pain. Also hate the multiple layers of RNG on gear sets, making 9/10 drops worthless.

Gear sets should always have some fixed stats. They're just HE with a green color in The Division.

EL CUCO

Don't Gear sets have higher GS than HE's tho? Some might not be the piece you're specifically loooking for, but they can have better stats than a HE.

I have a doubt. Last time I tried FL CM, the enemies rarely came down the stairs where there's ammo boxes. I was playing today and 5 seconds after we went there all the fucks came down too and slaughtered me and my team :|

Did Massive really change their AI to do this? I mean. CM was already insanely difficult the way it was. With this change I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.

EL CUCO

Man, I've only seen a couple people finish CM CS in under 20 min, but a whole bunch of people are struggling with it lol

MildSoss

It's been like that ever since 1.2 came out, you can definitely notice it. You even got heavy gunners rushing there on certain waves, the A.I. is more aggressive now.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Really enjoying the game again after 1.2 - but I am in a bit of a gear rut. I found a setup that I really like, and it's putting me at about 204 gear level with 280k toughness and decent damage... I can't remember what it was at, but comfortable at least. I sacrificed something like 30k damage for 150k toughness, so I am at least durable now, but I know that my damage ceiling could be so much higher and so could my toughness.

I've been getting a lot of drops, but mostly set pieces I don't want to do anything with.... I don't need a third pair of lonestar 240 gear level gloves.

I think I'll try running DZ more, my dz level is still low, and I know that all the best weapons are there (I really want a GOOD high damage long range rifle, so far nothing that whets my whistle)

It's been like that ever since 1.2 came out, you can definitely notice it. You even got heavy gunners rushing there on certain waves, the A.I. is more aggressive now.

Did FL CM with Gore and Grim yesterday, didn't happen to us. So could be something that is making them aggro more? I've seen the odd heavy or agent come down into the pit occasionally but that's about it. It's only the shotgunners and riflemen that come down, the rest just stay away and get picked off one by one.

It would suck if they actually changed that now.

Man, I've only seen a couple people finish CM CS in under 20 min, but a whole bunch of people are struggling with it lol

I mentioned this weeks ago that a good tank would be required for CS CM, and that seems to be the case. Teams without a dedicated tank are struggling. DPS monsters getting rekt :p

Have you guys tried CS CM yet?

ManCannon

Anyone know how the bleed proc on Predator's works if multiple people in a party are using it? Can multiple people proc a bleed on the same target at the same time? Or does one overwrite the other? I can never see more than one icon on an enemy.

Similarly, if you have a weapon with a blood talent and that procs on the enemy, how does that interact with Predator's bleed? Both co-exist even though you can only see one?

thanks in advance

deadduck

Was gonna give CS CM a go over this weekend.

With a DZ drop earlier I can now get tanktician to 610 toughness and 25/50k skill so interested to see if it is enough!

Anyone know how the bleed proc on Predator's works if multiple people in a party are using it? Can multiple people proc a bleed on the same target at the same time? Or does one overwrite the other? I can never see more than one icon on an enemy.

When the bleed is triggered the player can't bleed again during the duration of the bleed. So first bleed triggered will be it, no extra bleed applies.

Good for one person in a team to have, but more can be a waste.

ManCannon

When the bleed is triggered the player can't bleed again during the duration of the bleed. So first bleed triggered will be it, no extra bleed applies.

Good for one person in a team to have, but more can be a waste.

Thanks, that's exactly what I suspected. Makes sense. Same for not using a weapon with a built-in bleed chance that could block a Predator's proc I imagine.

Was gonna give CS CM a go over this weekend.

With a DZ drop earlier I can now get tanktician to 610 toughness and 25/50k skill so interested to see if it is enough!

Nice, that's a lot. My tank gear is pretty poorly rolled, too many bad stats on multiple pieces. Even though it gets to 500+ toughness, everything else is shit.

CM is all about one tank getting the fuses and the rest of team maintaining aggro. I have a strategy in mind where 2 tanks with healing carry the fuses together, with one carrying the fuse and the other using the ballistic shield to block damage, while the other 2 setup a defensive spot and take the aggro off the tanks.

Sumidor

I need to get in on these PS4 groups. I'm on quite a bit, but I always seem to just miss getting in on groups. I usually only play alone or with my buddy. I still have never finished any Incursion...

PSN: Sumidor

Mullah88

Nice, that's a lot. My tank gear is pretty poorly rolled, too many bad stats on multiple pieces. Even though it gets to 500+ toughness, everything else is shit.

CM is all about one tank getting the fuses and the rest of team maintaining aggro. I have a strategy in mind where 2 tanks with healing carry the fuses together, with one carrying the fuse and the other using the ballistic shield to block damage, while the other 2 setup a defensive spot and take the aggro off the tanks.

its good to have a tank build based off of 4 piece tactician authority set

EL CUCO

I mentioned this weeks ago that a good tank would be required for CS CM, and that seems to be the case. Teams without a dedicated tank are struggling. DPS monsters getting rekt :p

Have you guys tried CS CM yet?
Not yet. Hopefully we can give it a run tonight.

j_rocca42

I need to get in on these PS4 groups. I'm on quite a bit, but I always seem to just miss getting in on groups. I usually only play alone or with my buddy. I still have never finished any Incursion...

PSN: Sumidor
I play all the time. I'll add you.
Anyone for DZ on ps4? I'm down to give CS CM a whirl if we have four.

Psn LuckyDoobage
I'm hoping to be on tonight. I'll hit you up if I do.

There was a group of like ten people working together in the day. Fucking bullshit.

Of course when I try to switch servers, get put in the exact same one.

Edit: bastards were boosting.

Looking forward to jumping in again tonight, haven't played since around week 3 or so after release.

Checked my gear score last night, 162. Based on that table posted at the top of the page it seems like my best bet for progression right now will be repeating the challenge missions or DZ03.

I will check out this new HVT stuff yet but doubt I can complete it with my current gear.

EL CUCO

Our CM CS attempt crashed and burned lol

Gave it about 10 tries. We were only able to put one plug in before everything went down hill. Need to look up some strats. Bad habits of face tanking everything in hard mode start to reveal themselves in CM.

GazzaGSi

Has there been an update to the waypoint? Seems more accurate and leads you up and down ladders, can't say I've noticed it before.

Yesterday they did maintenance to patch the areas in DZ06 where you get teleported back to the checkpoint.

Few hours ago we noticed another agent run into that spot and get teleported, and same thing happened to us.

wtzgU.gif

Top Bottom